PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 10, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
November 6th, 2021, 11:00 PM
It was an interesting week in the FCS, as we had six games where both teams were ranked in the AGS Top 25. The biggest hit to ranked teams occurred within the Top 10, as these teams were a combined 5-5, with two of those losses coming at the hands of two other Top 10 teams, two of the losses were to teams ranked 11-25, and one loss was to an unranked opponent. Should be interesting to see how voters select and arrange the Top 10 come Monday.

The other four Top 25 teams to lose were ranked 19-23, and two of those four losses were to previously unranked teams. If one is looking to move some teams up, then look no further (or not much further, anyway) than the ORV, as all but one team won their weekend matchup, with one beating a ranked and previously unbeaten team. Finally, one also might want to take a peak at a few teams left for dead in the “previously ranked” list who decided they wanted to make a little noise and can conceivably win seven (or even eight) DI games and be in the bubble discussion.

Any mistakes, please let me know. Until next weekend then. Happy polling.

CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW THEY FARED. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18NCXN6vFS4KzwLf9qBRuSz5-siv2lPSYPUgceBTJXGE/edit?usp=sharing)

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 11:09 PM
I did a quick look ahead to what I might do with my poll, and I’m going to have a hard time coming up with 25 teams this week.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2021, 11:35 PM
Man, MSU went to Cheney and just put the brakes on EWU. They are getting better every week it looks like. I think they may have played the best ball in the FCS today from what I saw. Their D is absolutely legit, they have one of the best RB's in the country that I've seen this year.

I was impressed with how they did what they did today. Other than NDSU a while back Roos is a tough place to go in and dominate the EWU/Barriere offense like that.

atthewbon
November 7th, 2021, 12:06 AM
This is going to be a mess to figure out for the bottom half of the poll.

Professor Chaos
November 7th, 2021, 12:17 AM
Frickin' Northern Iowa man.... what the hell do you do with them??? Pretty mediocre 5-4 record but with three great wins (SDSU, SIU, and Sac State) and then they go and lose to Illinois St today which should've been the 3rd or 4th easiest game on their schedule.

Houndawg
November 7th, 2021, 04:45 AM
Frickin' Northern Iowa man.... what the hell do you do with them??? Pretty mediocre 5-4 record but with three great wins (SDSU, SIU, and Sac State) and then they go and lose to Illinois St today which should've been the 3rd or 4th easiest game on their schedule.

and them playing for a top 8 seed.......and SIU shouldn't even be in the top 20 after their pitiful-beyond-words performance...

Catatonic
November 7th, 2021, 05:39 AM
This is going to be a mess to figure out for the bottom half of the poll.
I’m stuck trying to figure out Which teams are legit top 10? I haven’t even tough to about the bottom half.

atthewbon
November 7th, 2021, 07:21 AM
I’m stuck trying to figure out Which teams are legit top 10? I haven’t even tough to about the bottom half.

Yea you’re right. I fell pretty good about the top 8 teams (not necessarily the order but at least the teams in the top 8) but then after that it’s a mess.

Daytripper
November 7th, 2021, 09:41 AM

If I was a UNI fan, I would be in a straight jacket. As bi-polar a team as I have ever seen. They need a coaching change.

HootyHoo
November 7th, 2021, 10:05 AM

Hahaha, some things never change professor. The Panthers do this every year. I said i looked forward to them blowing their chances and i was not disappointed.

Pitz
November 8th, 2021, 08:35 PM
Late to the game here, but I think UIW's record is 7-2 not 8-2, right?

Preferred Walk-On
November 8th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Late to the game here, but I think UIW's record is 7-2 not 8-2, right?

Correct. They are 7-2 (I had 8-2 in W-L, but 7 listed in D1 wins column). I have fixed the mistake and thanks for letting me know. The sheet becomes a blur when filling it in, so I appreciate people double-checking it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 9th, 2021, 12:23 PM
Correct. They are 7-2 (I had 8-2 in W-L, but 7 listed in D1 wins column). I have fixed the mistake and thanks for letting me know. The sheet becomes a blur when filling it in, so I appreciate people double-checking it.

I like this as well around here. It's always good to have proof readers for the output.