PDA

View Full Version : Post your attendance

slycat
September 1st, 2007, 09:48 PM
texas state had 13007 for the game against cal poly.

Mountain Panther
September 1st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Over 15K which is outstanding for a preseason game.

LUFan
September 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM
Liberty had 14900 against a DII school

fencer24
September 1st, 2007, 09:56 PM
Montana - 23,599

grizband
September 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
Montana had 23,599 against Southern Utah today.

mainejeff
September 1st, 2007, 09:59 PM
Maine had 7,312 vs. Monmouth.

McNeese_beat
September 2nd, 2007, 01:24 AM
McNeese had a disappointing 13k-plus against Portland State. Still haven't regained all the fan base since the 2004 debacle and the 2005 hurricane.

MACHIAVELLI
September 2nd, 2007, 01:35 AM
ICON-31 @ Alcorn-10...16,903

AggieFinn
September 2nd, 2007, 01:48 AM
~10,000 fans today...the students don't get in session until the fourth week of September (i.e. Northeasten game)

mountain man
September 2nd, 2007, 05:44 AM
109,218 xthumbsupx

GAD
September 2nd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Southern vs FAMU had 30,016

McNeeseState311
September 2nd, 2007, 08:30 AM
McNeese had a disappointing 13k-plus against Portland State. Still haven't regained all the fan base since the 2004 debacle and the 2005 hurricane.

the announced attendance was 15,313

EmeryZach
September 2nd, 2007, 08:42 AM
UMass vs. Holy Cross 12,264. Really good for us.

LarryBoy
September 2nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Furman had a mediocre 11,188 against PC. Granted, that's without the majority of students on campus yet (we start very late), and PC hasn't exactly drawn big crowds in the past, though PC themselves brought more than I had expected.

813Jag
September 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
How was the crowd split?

Tribe4SF
September 2nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
W&M 11,632

Neckfansince71
September 2nd, 2007, 09:11 AM
South Dakota State vs. WIU at Macomb, 11,648! Decent start!xthumbsupx

jc

McNeese_beat
September 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
the announced attendance was 15,313

That was a mistake or there was a different count. The official attendance, the one given in the stat book, was 13,498.

Perhaps 15,313 counts the players, officials, etc.

igo4uni
September 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
109,218 xthumbsupx

How was the crowd split???

Seawolf97
September 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Stonybrook - 7238 against Georgetown - school has been in session a week -plenty of students.

psc2445
September 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM

i think we probably had 4k in the Big House.

Jerbearasu
September 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
That was a mistake or there was a different count. The official attendance, the one given in the stat book, was 13,498.

Perhaps 15,313 counts the players, officials, etc.

Roughly 2000 players and coaches??? Quite a football program down there at McNeese otherwise the largest officiating crew and press following known to man...

McNeese75
September 2nd, 2007, 11:24 AM

xlolx

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
Stonybrook - 7238 against Georgetown - school has been in session a week -plenty of students.

I continue to be very impressed with Stony Brook's program. Yeah, the AD didn't make a smart move by leaving the NEC.......but the fans are turning out anyway.

ysuallthetime
September 2nd, 2007, 11:42 AM

GAD
September 2nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
How was the crowd split?
I'm not sure, I didn't make it to Birmingham got the attendance from the newspaper

Golden Eagle
September 2nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
EIU had 6,935 on Thursday night.

Bearkatpresident
September 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Sam had 10,517

It was one of our better season openers and pretty good considering it was a Thursday and against a D2 team

Our fans estimated around 12k though. The real story is that student attendence was way up. Normally, its just the home side that gets full, but our visitors (student) side was pretty full too.

Seawolf97
September 2nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
I continue to be very impressed with Stony Brook's program. Yeah, the AD didn't make a smart move by leaving the NEC.......but the fans are turning out anyway.

Thanks - 7200 people on Labor Day weeekend on Long Island is something of an accomplishment. Bet we get a sell out on October 20th when the Black Bears visit. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Peems
September 2nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Sam had 10,517

It was one of our better season openers and pretty good considering it was a Thursday and against a D2 team

Our fans estimated around 12k though. The real story is that student attendence was way up. Normally, its just the home side that gets full, but our visitors (student) side was pretty full too.

Looks like Rhett is helping the attendance, good for the kats!

grizband
September 2nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
GAD, where was the game played?

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks - 7200 people on Labor Day weeekend on Long Island is something of an accomplishment. Bet we get a sell out on October 20th when the Black Bears visit. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

At this point, you are outdrawing Hofstra at home......I think that says something about the difference between the 2 schools and bodes well for the future of your program. ;)

Seawolf97
September 2nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
At this point, you are outdrawing Hofstra at home......I think that says something about the difference between the 2 schools and bodes well for the future of your program. ;)

It was a good atmosphere out there last night. I think even the Geoergetown fans will admit that. We play Maine for our Homecoming weekend so that place will be hopping on October 20th!

SU Jag
September 2nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
GAD, where was the game played?

Birmingham, Al

SuperJon
September 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
As was mentioned earlier, Liberty had 14,926 for our home opener vs a DII. It was the 2nd largest crowd ever at Liberty (2nd to W&M last year), and the largest ever to witness a win. The amazing thing was how early people got there. I generally got to my seat an hour before the game last year and was alone. I got into the stadium and hour and 40 minutes early and people were there. By 6:30, the entire student side was full. We were packed in tight. Even the Baptist side got there early and they're generally the ones coming in late.

McNeese_beat
September 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
Roughly 2000 players and coaches??? Quite a football program down there at McNeese otherwise the largest officiating crew and press following known to man...

I was being sarcastic. I really think the PA announcer either misread the "announced" attendance to the crowd or was given a bad number. Because the 13k number was what was "announced" in the press box.

bkrownd
September 2nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
What's the obsession with attendance on this forum? Do you guys need some sort of affirmation to keep your egos inflated, or something? Seriously, the game is on the field, not in the stands.

grizband
September 2nd, 2007, 07:26 PM
What's the obsession with attendance on this forum? Do you guys need some sort of affirmation to keep your egos inflated, or something? Seriously, the game is on the field, not in the stands.
That is true, but attendance in the stands can often be a reflection of the quality of a team's play on the field. For example, the Liberty poster above mentioned a record attendance for their game yesterday. Liberty is a team on the rise, who should challenge for the Big South title this year or next. Their increase in attendance shows that people are interested, and as the quality of play increases, so too should fan support and attendance.
Another example is Montana State. I have no idea what their average attendance was during 2000, when the Cats went 0-11, but I can't imagine it was good. Now, the team challenges for playoffs and the conference title each year, which is illustrated in their increased attendance; their home games are now consistently either at or near capacity.

SuperJon
September 2nd, 2007, 07:29 PM
Exactly. We set school attendances records in every form possible last year. We've set season ticket records this season. Our attendance last night was almost 3000 over capacity. That's a good thing. It shows things are going the way they should.

bkrownd
September 2nd, 2007, 07:38 PM
That is true, but attendance in the stands can often be a reflection of the quality of a team's play on the field.

"Hey look, everyone else is doing what I'm doing - I must be extra cool!" Silly. xrolleyesx

grizband
September 2nd, 2007, 07:38 PM
Exactly. We set school attendances records in every form possible last year. We've set season ticket records this season. Our attendance last night was almost 3000 over capacity. That's a good thing. It shows things are going the way they should.
More attendance also brings higher revenue in the form of more tickets and concessions sold, more television interest, more memorabilia sold, etc. Also, in some situations, a successful athletic department can increase attendance at the university (see Gonzaga).

SuperJon
September 2nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
Dr. Falwell had a goal of 25,000 students on campus. We had something like 7000 three or four years ago. We've got 10,500 on campus now, including something like 3500 freshmen. We're now televising all home games nationally on a limited scale (have to have the Sky Angel package for the Liberty Channel) and televising two games (one road, one home) regionally (MASN). None of this would've happened two years ago.

bkrownd
September 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
More attendance also brings higher revenue in the form of more tickets and concessions sold, more television interest, more memorabilia sold, etc.

These things are external to the game, and corrupt it. The true nature of the game has been lost at the "big" schools. Television and money have destroyed college football - it has sold its soul to become just another high dollar entertainment circus, and unfortunately this is trickling down steadily to I-AA. The quality of the game and its atmosphere has suffered. Give me 1000 die hard on-campus rooters surrounding a patch of sod and mud, and guys who play both ways all day for the glory of playing, not for money or TV time or ego-stroking swagger. I'll take that over 30000 so-called "fans" who're just looking for a generic spectacle and ego boost any day. One of the reasons I always loved Wednesday afternoon lacrosse games so much is that only the students and real locals show up. You'd walk right out of class and on down to the lacrosse field for the game. It doesn't get any better than that. (Sadly football style rug-turf started to replace real grass in lacrosse a while back, too.)

bjtheflamesfan
September 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Liberty had 14900 against a DII school

14,925 to be exact

If things work out right we could be looking at almost if not more than 20,000 for homecoming

AppStateSVX
September 2nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
These things are external to the game, and corrupt it. The true nature of the game has been lost at the "big" schools. Television and money have destroyed college football - it has sold its soul to become just another high dollar entertainment circus, and unfortunately this is trickling down steadily to I-AA. The quality of the game and its atmosphere has suffered. Give me 1000 die hard on-campus rooters surrounding a patch of sod and mud, and guys who play both ways all day for the glory of playing, not for money or TV time or ego-stroking swagger. I'll take that over 30000 so-called "fans" who're just looking for a generic spectacle and ego boost any day. One of the reasons I always loved Wednesday afternoon lacrosse games so much is that only the students and real locals show up. You'd walk right out of class and on down to the lacrosse field for the game. It doesn't get any better than that. (Sadly football style rug-turf started to replace real grass in lacrosse a while back, too.)

ASU sells out overcapacity every home game........and I think UMass fans know how diehard we are

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
"Hey look, everyone else is doing what I'm doing - I must be extra cool!" Silly. xrolleyesx

You sound bitter.

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM

Good god.........xviolinx xviolinx xviolinx xthumbsdownx

xcoffeex

bkrownd
September 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
You sound bitter.

Bitter at the NFL-lite joke college football has become, yes. Bitter at the meathead pro sports mentality of the "fans", certainly. Bitter that it's getting worse every year.

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Bitter at the NFL-lite joke college football has become, yes.

Don't watch it then.

xcoffeex

bkrownd
September 2nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Don't watch it then.

xcoffeex

Ah, the "love it or leave it" thing, huh? Actually, I did lose all interest in I-A a couple years back after they trashed tradition entirely. I-AA has declined, as well. She ain't what she used to be. However, I'm not going to stop reminding people of when things were better. I'll always hope that someday this fake NFL crap will pass (pun) and good old real college football will be restored. You gotta dream...

Golden Eagle
September 2nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
I think even Jim Thorpe and Pop Warner counted attendance though.