patssle
September 1st, 2007, 09:27 PM
Texas State wins

katstrapper
September 1st, 2007, 09:32 PM
38-35 Bobcats

slycat
September 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
i just got back from the game. you could tell it was the first game of the season because there were a lot of mistakes on both sides of the ball. texas st turned the ball over 4 times and cal poly 3. we shanked a punt. penalties were plenty but not as bad as last year and the refs still suck. mis ran routes killed us.

postives were that texas sts running game is huge threat and looks to be great. george still had a good arm but had wrs running wrong routes and threw a pick.

i think texas st is in for a good season. much more impressed with them then last years opener.

the new scoreboard was awesome and had good filming and visuals. of course there were some editing problems and they were trying out different graphics. i was glad to see that they filmed some stuff with players and worked that into the presentation.

i love watching cal poly and hope we sign a new series soon.

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 2nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
the game was alot of fun to watch.

that #11 WR for Cal-Poly is a MAN. WOW.

Bobcat94
September 3rd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Hell of a ball game. Cal Poly fans and team are first class.

ShowMeBear2
September 3rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Texas State man I used to live in Dallas I few years and enjoyed watching Tsu on FoxSportsSw. What is expectations for team this year?

Bobcat94
September 3rd, 2007, 08:48 PM
We looked good this game and have some time to work the kinks out. This team could be very good....and they are young to boot...

ShowMeBear2
September 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
We looked good this game and have some time to work the kinks out. This team could be very good....and they are young to boot...

Good deal. San Marcos is a great town. Hill country rocks.

AggieFinn
September 4th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Texas State Stat:
Rushing Yards: 47-351

xeyebrowx

Cal Poly played in this game?

What happened? This is shocking to me after seeing CP play these past few years.

TheRiver
September 4th, 2007, 04:17 PM
TXST
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 510
Total offense plays......... 72
Average Gain Per Play....... 7.1

CAL POLY
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS........... 378
Total offense plays......... 70
Average Gain Per Play....... 5.4

slostang
September 4th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Texas State Stat:
Rushing Yards: 47-351

xeyebrowx

Cal Poly played in this game?

What happened? This is shocking to me after seeing CP play these past few years.

Cal Poly's rushing yards: 155

Texas State's rushing yards: 351

There are a lot of new faces on the defensive side of the ball for Cal Poly and Texas State offense rolled. They remind me of the team they had in 2005 when they made it all the way to the semi-finals in the playoffs and were a few plays away from going to the NC game.

The good news is Cal Poly offense that stuggled last year put up 378 yards and 35 points on a good Texas State defense. I think that Cal Poly has a great defensive coaching staff and the young player will learn from this and continue to grow as the season moves forward. Problem is they face the University of Idaho who looked better than expected against the number one team in all of college football, USC. They have a lot of growing between now and Saturday if Cal Poly is to have any chance against Idaho.

Spooney-Cat
September 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I agree, Cal Poly did show some strong points. That 6'6" receiver (#11) is a freak of nature. I'm very surprised that Cal Poly didn't go to him a lot more often, when they did, they had their way with our CB's.

Definitely a great game to watch. I thought we were ready to roll when it was 14-3 and we just got the ball to start another march down the field, then we made ONE of our FOUR turnovers that costed us big. Surpised we were only down 20-14 at halftime.