PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 10, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
November 1st, 2021, 01:59 PM
Some pretty darned good (and meaningful games on this week’s slate). Enjoy!

#2 North Dakota State @ #9 South Dakota State - The Dakota Marker (and to see who will host in the playoff rematch).

#3 Montana State @ #5 Eastern Washington - Defense vs. Offense on the greatest turf in the FCS.

#6 Southeastern Louisiana @ #22 Incarnate Word - Only matchup between these two in the double-dipping Southland.

#17 Missouri State @ #7 Southern Illinois - There is a realistic possibility of a five-way tie for 2nd place in the MVFC after this weekend.

#19 Virginia Military Institute @ #12 East Tennessee State - Battle to see who remains in a two- or three-way tie for 1st in the SoCon.

Tennessee State @ #15 Tennessee-Martin - Battle for 1st in the OVC, with the Tigers only having one conference game left after this weekend.

#18 Princeton @ #28 Dartmouth - The Ivy playoffs begin here (and end in three weeks).

#21 William & Mary @ Delaware - One playing for playoffs, the other for pride.

Nicholls @ McNeese - Colonels need this to have any realistic shot at the playoffs.

Daytripper
November 1st, 2021, 02:24 PM
Nicholls @ McNeese??..throwing a bone to these guys..lol.

I think the EKU @ SFA matchup is more relevant if you are going to have a game that may determine a playoff appearance.

BTW, I'm not bitching....thanks for doing this every week.

Preferred Walk-On
November 1st, 2021, 02:36 PM

I think the EKU @ SFA matchup is more relevant if you are going to have a game that may determine a playoff appearance.

The EKU @ SFA game you mention was considered (just off the list). However, I leaned a different direction since McNeese has taken SLU to the wire twice, and Nicholls is fighting for an at-large (if the Southland receives one). The Southland is an UIW win over SLU (and Nicholls over McNeese) from Nicholls being one win out of 1st place AND playing the two teams ahead of them to finish the season.

The EKU @ SFA matchup can also possibly determine one playoff appearance, so I think it might be a push. It sucks, because I usually come up with about 12-15 games that have some sort of relevance, and I have to cut it to 9 to fit them in a poll with the 10th option being "Other". But EKU @ SFA was on that list of 12-15 games.

Chalupa Batman
November 1st, 2021, 03:08 PM
It's the Big Sky showdown for me. This would have been a good game for another Friday night matchup on ESPNU/2.

POD Knows
November 1st, 2021, 04:07 PM
BSC showdown for me as well.

dewey
November 1st, 2021, 06:41 PM
NDSU @ SDSU for me. Though the EWU vs MSU game is very intriguing.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Puddin Tane
November 1st, 2021, 09:50 PM

yeah, pretty much a must win game to have any hope at playoffs.

Preferred Walk-On
November 1st, 2021, 10:13 PM
yeah, pretty much a must win game to have any hope at playoffs.

Agreed, Nicholls needs to win...

The Cats
November 2nd, 2021, 07:47 PM
done

Katfan
November 2nd, 2021, 10:09 PM
Great matchups this week but I went wit theDakota Marker.

Houndawg
November 3rd, 2021, 04:30 AM
Homer/sleeper pick - MSU @ SIU could really shuffle the deck