PDA

View Full Version : Donald Hill-Eley out at Alabama State after Magic City Classic loss.

ASU33
November 1st, 2021, 01:39 PM
Alabama State Head Coach Donald Hill-Eley was relieved of his duties after a fourth consecutive loss to in-state rival Alabama A&M in The Magic City Classic. Hill-Eley had a 20-21 record as Head Coach at Alabama State and his current contract was set to expire in December.

https://www.espn.com.au/college-football/story/_/id/32526271/alabama-state-fires-head-football-coach-donald-hill-eley-fourth-consecutive-loss-rival-alabama-am?platform=amp

POD Knows
November 1st, 2021, 01:41 PM
Alabama State Head Coach Donald Hill-Eley was relieved of his duties after a fourth consecutive loss to in-state rival Alabama A&M in The Magic City Classic. Hill-Eley had a 20-21 record as Head Coach at Alabama State and his current contract was set to expire in December.

https://www.espn.com.au/college-football/story/_/id/32526271/alabama-state-fires-head-football-coach-donald-hill-eley-fourth-consecutive-loss-rival-alabama-am?platform=amp
Holy crap. You were right. I should have picked A and M and maybe saved his job given how ****ty I am at picking

walliver
November 1st, 2021, 03:01 PM
Is there a reason they got rid of him now instead of just announcing that his contract won't be renewed?

ASU33
November 1st, 2021, 03:07 PM
Is there a reason they got rid of him now instead of just announcing that his contract won't be renewed?

If you know he's out why wait? Go ahead and start the search and get a coach in here. The December signing period fastly approaching.

Panther88
November 1st, 2021, 03:21 PM
His departure was decently shocking and caused a ripple effect of sorts.

I'm unsure our staff knows what to expect w/ a new regime, interim, installed earlier. This is our HC'ing game vs AlaSU so many eyes will be on campus to witness whatever occurs.

blackbeard
November 1st, 2021, 04:05 PM
Skipped out on multiple press appearances and press conferences during the week leading up to the Classic. Must have already been in the works or he just didn't give a 💩

ASU33
November 1st, 2021, 05:47 PM
Skipped out on multiple press appearances and press conferences during the week leading up to the Classic. Must have already been in the works or he just didn't give a 💩

He knew that his contract wasn't about to be renewed and that he was out in a month. So he stopped caring and at that point it's best to just cut ties and not let it drag on.

Professor
November 1st, 2021, 09:25 PM
That SWAC EAST is tough. Who's coming to coach

dgtw
November 1st, 2021, 10:06 PM
He knew that his contract wasn't about to be renewed and that he was out in a month. So he stopped caring and at that point it's best to just cut ties and not let it drag on.

Since your AD likes firing guys whose contact is up, could you send him to Jacksonville for a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASU33
November 2nd, 2021, 06:44 AM
Since your AD likes firing guys whose contact is up, could you send him to Jacksonville for a day?

John Grass has worn out his welcome over there in Calhoun County?

CockyGeek
November 2nd, 2021, 07:29 AM
I see people selling their club tickets on Facebook groups now. Even the old farts who only go for the buffet have given up hope.

Didn't ASU fire a decent coach one year because of politics midseason?

ASU33
November 2nd, 2021, 10:01 AM
I see people selling their club tickets on Facebook groups now. Even the old farts who only go for the buffet have given up hope.

Didn't ASU fire a decent coach one year because of politics midseason?

We fired Brian Jenkins mid-season when Hill-Eley took over as the interim. Jenkins came from Bethune-cookman with an amazing record but was hovering around. 500 when he was let go.

WestCoastAggie
November 2nd, 2021, 11:28 AM
Swing for the fences and go after some high profile HBCU coaches. 😯

ASU33
November 2nd, 2021, 12:37 PM
Swing for the fences and go after some high profile HBCU coaches. 😯

The days of trying to win the press conference is over for us. We've done this the last 20 years and have exactly ONE conference title to show for it. This hire will be about the guy who's right for Bama State!

Professor
November 2nd, 2021, 11:37 PM
The days of trying to win the press conference is over for us. We've done this the last 20 years and have exactly ONE conference title to show for it. This hire will be about the guy who's right for Bama State!

Prospects ????

ASU33
November 3rd, 2021, 04:40 PM
Prospects ????

You'll see shortly!

dgtw
November 3rd, 2021, 09:27 PM
Any ex-NFL stars interested?

ASU33
November 3rd, 2021, 10:52 PM
Any ex-NFL stars interested?

I've heard rumblings of a few but that's not the direction we're going in.