PDA

View Full Version : 2021 (Fall) Dakota Marker Game Thread: NDSU @ SDSU

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2021, 10:09 AM
It'll be another top 10 matchup between these two in Brookings this weekend. Not quite as juicy as it was in 2019 but still it's got loads of conference and national ramifications when it comes to the playoff picture and conference title race.

Here's the tale of the tape:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51647815280_52b2a9079c_z.jpg

Some pretty solid numbers statistically on both sides but usually with these two it comes down to which lines are able to outplay the other. NDSU's o-line this year has struggled at times but the d-line has been very solid. In every SDSU game I've watched this fall (and spring) I was impressed with their line play on both sides.

There's also a big question around who is going to start at QB for NDSU. Cam Miller played against SDSU in the spring and struggled quite a bit but he's looked very good in limited action this fall (although most of that action was against Indiana St) so if he does play this will be a real barometer for whether or not he's truly improved from the spring. I'm still not convinced that the NDSU coaching staff is willing to bench Quincy Patterson if he's healthy... I wouldn't be surprised if both QBs play but I don't like it when NDSU gets too gimmicky (anyone remember the halfback pass debacle against SDSU two year ago???).

If this game were in Fargo I'd like my Bison but I just have a feeling that the Jacks need the game more and will play like it and show out in front of what should be a big home crowd. It's probably my inner Vikings fan coming out but I'll say SDSU by a score. Who do you got and why? What are you looking for as keys to the game?

CappinHard
November 1st, 2021, 12:41 PM
Keys:

Can NDSU pass the ball effectively? SDSU has shown the ability to shut other teams' rushing attacks down. I think SDSU scores enough to where NDSU has to throw the ball and SDSU has been susceptible to the pass.

Can NDSU keep SDSU behind the chains and keep Strong from big gains? We have missed Isaiah Davis as the bruising back and at times have had trouble getting into 2nd and 3rd and longs (See UNI game).

Can SDSU eliminate mental mistakes? False starts have killed too many drives recently. Turnovers have become an issue. SDSU needs to clean this up if they want to beat good teams.

Can SDSU score TDs in the redzone? NDSU's defensive redzone TD% is ridiculous and SDSU's offensive redzone TD% has been good. If SDSU can convert TDs instead of FGs, they have a very good chance.

Bison56
November 1st, 2021, 01:30 PM
It's going to be a nail biter.

Chalupa Batman
November 1st, 2021, 01:42 PM
Keys:

Can NDSU pass the ball effectively? SDSU has shown the ability to shut other teams' rushing attacks down. I think SDSU scores enough to where NDSU has to throw the ball and SDSU has been susceptible to the pass.

Can NDSU keep SDSU behind the chains and keep Strong from big gains? We have missed Isaiah Davis as the bruising back and at times have had trouble getting into 2nd and 3rd and longs (See UNI game).

Can SDSU eliminate mental mistakes? False starts have killed too many drives recently. Turnovers have become an issue. SDSU needs to clean this up if they want to beat good teams.

Can SDSU score TDs in the redzone? NDSU's defensive redzone TD% is ridiculous and SDSU's offensive redzone TD% has been good. If SDSU can convert TDs instead of FGs, they have a very good chance.

Any chance Davis is back this week? It'll be 8 weeks since his injury and that was the initial diagnosis for how much time he would miss. Also I heard Don Gardner might be available too, any word on that?

If you eliminate the mental mistakes and don't turn the ball over, this game is yours to lose. It will be a tight one either way, but I don't think we win if we don't turn you over or you don't have the dropsies like against UNI.

CappinHard
November 1st, 2021, 01:51 PM
Any chance Davis is back this week? It'll be 8 weeks since his injury and that was the initial diagnosis for how much time he would miss. Also I heard Don Gardner might be available too, any word on that?

If you eliminate the mental mistakes and don't turn the ball over, this game is yours to lose. It will be a tight one either way, but I don't think we win if we don't turn you over or you don't have the dropsies like against UNI.

No word on Davis or Gardner. I would be surprised if either of them played. Hopefully DyShawn Gales is back.

Chalupa Batman
November 1st, 2021, 02:03 PM
No word on Davis or Gardner. I would be surprised if either of them played. Hopefully DyShawn Gales is back.

Good news for NDSU then. Without them the game is close to a tossup, with them I would easily pick SDSU.

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2021, 03:40 PM
Cant ****ing wait for this game. Ready to have NDSU strip the bunnies of their only meaningful trophy in their dusty case.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Mfergy4
November 1st, 2021, 04:27 PM
Keys to the Game:

1] For NDSU - QB play - with Patterson it get hot and very cold. Miller looks more poised under pressure this fall and is making good reads.

2] O-Line Play - New NDSU O-Line coach dos not have the RAMS clicking like in the past. SDSU O-Line has tripped itself up in the losses. Whose Line comes to play?

3] Running Backs - Whose running backs will shine? NDSU Backs are struggling.

My call, and may I end up chocking on this, SDSU 17, NDSU 12. :(:(

POD Knows
November 1st, 2021, 04:44 PM
SDSU 27 NDSU 17. This game will be like the spring was. Pretty much a repeat. #BOOKIT.

Gil Dobie
November 2nd, 2021, 12:32 PM
24-21 NDSU

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2021, 01:25 PM
Here is a couple things I would like to have happen if NDSU wins:

#1. Don’t stand on the 50 yard line after the game is over with the Marker like a bunch of morons. Go pick the Marker up, celebrate a little and then head to the locker room. This isn’t your Super Bowl

#2. Don’t break any glass windows in the coach’s box during the game. That is so dated and cliche.

Mfergy4
November 2nd, 2021, 01:29 PM
Here is a couple things I would like to have happen if NDSU wins:

#1. Don’t stand on the 50 yard line after the game is over with the Marker like a bunch of morons. Go pick the Marker up, celebrate a little and then head to the locker room. This isn’t your Super Bowl

#2. Don’t break any glass windows in the coach’s box during the game. That is so dated and cliche.

xdrunkyxxdrunkyx Well, said sir, and good words to live by.

CPMPride
November 2nd, 2021, 05:34 PM
33-29 Bison.

Hey guys, longtime reader, recent registrant.

mvfcfan
November 2nd, 2021, 05:41 PM
I voted NDSU, but I'm hoping SDSU wins.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2021, 05:54 PM
Sounds like Isiah Davis was back practicing today.

Whether he plays or not it'll be interesting to see how much damage the Jacks backs do catching the ball out of the backfield. They torched NDSU with that in the spring... the Bison LBs looked completely outmatched trying to cover them.

Chalupa Batman
November 2nd, 2021, 06:00 PM
Sounds like Isiah Davis was back practicing today.

Whether he plays or not it'll be interesting to see how much damage the Jacks backs do catching the ball out of the backfield. They torched NDSU with that in the spring... the Bison LBs looked completely outmatched trying to cover them.

The tough thing about trying to cover their RB's out of the backfield is you have to pay close attention to the TE's too because they actually use them. Especially Tucker Kraft, that guy is a stud. He's only a sophomore and already better than Goedert IMO.

I'm not surprised that Davis is back, I think they were eyeing him returning this game from the moment he got hurt. Probably won't be able to handle as heavy of a workload as he might have normally but I expect to see 6-8 carries out of him Saturday. And honestly with the way Strong has looked this year, they won't need any more than that out of Davis.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2021, 06:22 PM
The tough thing about trying to cover their RB's out of the backfield is you have to pay close attention to the TE's too because they actually use them. Especially Tucker Kraft, that guy is a stud. He's only a sophomore and already better than Goedert IMO.

I'm not surprised that Davis is back, I think they were eyeing him returning this game from the moment he got hurt. Probably won't be able to handle as heavy of a workload as he might have normally but I expect to see 6-8 carries out of him Saturday. And honestly with the way Strong has looked this year, they won't need any more than that out of Davis.
A team that actually uses their TEs in the passing game?!?!? What a novel concept around these parts.

dewey
November 2nd, 2021, 08:35 PM
A team that actually uses their TEs in the passing game?!?!? What a novel concept around these parts.

NDSU used the tight ends pretty well on Saturday.

Dewey

dewey
November 2nd, 2021, 08:36 PM
33-29 Bison.

Welcome to AGS. Always good to have more Bison fans.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2021, 09:46 PM
NDSU used the tight ends pretty well on Saturday.

Dewey
Better than normal that's for sure. 3 targets (I think), 3 catches, 101 yards, and a TD. I'd love to see more of that on Saturday. I just think Gindorff and Babicz are so talented for this level and are matchup nightmares with their size and speed yet they're hardly utilized. Could you believe that Babicz's catch on the first drive last week was his first catch since the Albany game??? That's 6 games in between with a goose egg.

WeAreThePride
November 3rd, 2021, 06:48 AM
This is a HUUUUUUGE game. Maybe one of the biggest in our series' history. Obviously GameDay in '19 brought that game to another level, but situationally I think this one's bigger. NDSU got embarrassed last spring, and the dominant decade freight train of NDSU looks like it might be on shaky tracks. SDSU is coming off a Natty appearance.

Big big game, boys.

BNATION
November 3rd, 2021, 07:04 AM
Should be a great game, going to be watching for sure!

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2021, 08:28 AM
This is a HUUUUUUGE game. Maybe one of the biggest in our series' history. Obviously GameDay in '19 brought that game to another level, but situationally I think this one's bigger. NDSU got embarrassed last spring, and the dominant decade freight train of NDSU looks like it might be on shaky tracks. SDSU is coming off a Natty appearance.

Big big game, boys.
It's a big game but I feel like the last two matchups (ignoring the fact that the last one came in the weird spring season) had more riding on them. Even if SDSU wins they're still 4th/5th in the conference standings most likely and NDSU is still trending towards the autobid even if they lose. The last two matchups basically gave the inside track to the autobid or gave the autobid outright to the winner.

WeAreThePride
November 3rd, 2021, 09:08 AM
It's a big game but I feel like the last two matchups (ignoring the fact that the last one came in the weird spring season) had more riding on them. Even if SDSU wins they're still 4th/5th in the conference standings most likely and NDSU is still trending towards the autobid even if they lose. The last two matchups basically gave the inside track to the autobid or gave the autobid outright to the winner.
SDSU does not control their destiny for the autobid, but a statement win over the UNDEFEATED Bison would assure them an at large, and probably a low seed. They'll bring everything they have, and God and Cam's arm willing, it won't be enough.

Mfergy4
November 3rd, 2021, 01:28 PM
33-29 Bison.

Welcome to AGS, where new ideas and discussions never cease.

Mfergy4
November 3rd, 2021, 01:32 PM
Better than normal that's for sure. 3 targets (I think), 3 catches, 101 yards, and a TD. I'd love to see more of that on Saturday. I just think Gindorff and Babicz are so talented for this level and are matchup nightmares with their size and speed yet they're hardly utilized. Could you believe that Babicz's catch on the first drive last week was his first catch since the Albany game??? That's 6 games in between with a goose egg.

I believe the lack of TE's in NDSU's past games was due to the OC compensating for Patterson inability to be consistent in short to intermediate throws. If you notice there is also a lack of throws to RB in flats and WR short slants.

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2021, 01:54 PM
I believe the lack of TE's in NDSU's past games was due to the OC compensating for Patterson inability to be consistent in short to intermediate throws. If you notice there is also a lack of throws to RB in flats and WR short slants.
Agreed, that's the main reason why I hope Cam is the QB moving forward. He's not nearly the runner that Quincy is but there's so much talent at the skill positions to utilize they don't need a QB who can run for 100 yards a game, they need a QB who can get the ball to those playmakers more consistently.

Herder
November 3rd, 2021, 03:15 PM

Big big game, boys.

Shaky Tracks?
NDSU 8-0 In conference drivers seat; QB play now favoring ndsu.
SDSU 6-2 If anyone is on shaky ground, its SDSU; has Und and Usd still on the schedule. Could lose 3 in a row if they lose this one. Hope you haven't made plans for Thanksgiving weekend. Lose all 3 and you can still go grandma's there won't be any football. Natty appearance, a distant memory at 6-2.

CappinHard
November 3rd, 2021, 03:35 PM
Shaky Tracks?
SDSU 6-2 If anyone is on shaky ground, its SDSU; has Und and Usd still on the schedule. Could lose 3 in a row if they lose this one. Hope you haven't made plans for Thanksgiving weekend. Lose all 3 and you can still go grandma's there won't be any football. Natty appearance, a distant memory at 6-2.

Lol, you're disgracing the Herder name around the FCS with posts like this.

CappinHard
November 3rd, 2021, 03:36 PM
Jacks favored by 2.5 according to 5dimes. Total is 45.5. Predicted score of approx. SDSU 24 - NDSU 21

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2021, 03:37 PM
Shaky Tracks?
The guy you replied to is a Bison fan I believe. 😀

Herder
November 3rd, 2021, 03:53 PM
Lol, you're disgracing the Herder name around the FCS with posts like this.

Keeping it real. If SDSU was 8-0, I'd agree with you . . . they are not 8-0.

WeAreThePride
November 3rd, 2021, 06:52 PM
The guy you replied to is a Bison fan I believe. 
You believe correctly. Go Bison, and Buck the Funnies.

Just saying that it's a huge game.

WeAreThePride
November 3rd, 2021, 06:55 PM
I do find it amusing that someone could look at my post, and fail to see all three of the following:

Buffalo nickel avatar
Location Fargo
Team North Dakota State

It's an impressive exercise in ignorance, to be sure.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2021, 07:02 PM
You believe correctly. Go Bison, and Buck the Funnies.

Just saying that it's a huge game.
It is a huge game. For both teams. I think this game is very big for the psyche of the Bison. They got bitch slapped last year. If it happens again with these guys it will be a big kick in the nuts for the overall confidence of the team.

Chalupa Batman
November 3rd, 2021, 07:35 PM
Just because the Bunnies aren't undefeated doesn't mean there aren't huge implications for both teams in this game. For NDSU it's to maintain the inside track on a top 2 seed and staying in the Fargodome all the way to Frisco. There's still a decent chance they can sustain a loss and still be a top 2 seed, but losing would take away the guarantee of that happening. This game is huge for SDSU's psyche too. Yet another loss against a good team and they'll be playing Thanksgiving weekend in the first round of the playoffs at best, or completely freefall and miss the playoffs all together at worst. A win can jumpstart their season and they would pretty much guarantee themselves a seed if they win out and get the all important first round bye.

And just because SDSU isn't 8-0 doesn't mean that these teams aren't evenly matched. Play this game in Brookings, Fargo, US Bank Stadium, a public park, it doesn't matter, these 2 teams are going to push each other and the game is coming down to the wire.

WeAreThePride
November 3rd, 2021, 07:52 PM
Just because the Bunnies aren't undefeated doesn't mean there aren't huge implications for both teams in this game. For NDSU it's to maintain the inside track on a top 2 seed and staying in the Fargodome all the way to Frisco. There's still a decent chance they can sustain a loss and still be a top 2 seed, but losing would take away the guarantee of that happening. This game is huge for SDSU's psyche too. Yet another loss against a good team and they'll be playing Thanksgiving weekend in the first round of the playoffs at best, or completely freefall and miss the playoffs all together at worst. A win can jumpstart their season and they would pretty much guarantee themselves a seed if they win out and get the all important first round bye.

And just because SDSU isn't 8-0 doesn't mean that these teams aren't evenly matched. Play this game in Brookings, Fargo, US Bank Stadium, a public park, it doesn't matter, these 2 teams are going to push each other and the game is coming down to the wire.
Hear Hear, Christopher Benjamin.

CPMPride
November 3rd, 2021, 08:18 PM
It's gonna be a slobber-knocker, a righteous duel, a battle of wills to the end.

And if it's not I am going to be most disappointed.

Preferred Walk-On
November 3rd, 2021, 08:48 PM

I prefer they play it at Target Field in early/mid-November. That way, they will not interfere with the Twins hosting the World Series. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chalupa Batman
November 3rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
I prefer they play it at Target Field in early/mid-November. That way, they will not interfere with the Twins hosting the World Series. ;)

That would actually be pretty cool but it would never happen. 25,000 Bison fans and 15,000 SDSU fans would make for an awesome environment.

mmiller_34
November 4th, 2021, 07:08 AM
Jacks favored by 2.5 according to 5dimes. Total is 45.5. Predicted score of approx. SDSU 24 - NDSU 21

Jacks have been so overrated by the bookies this year.

Bisonator
November 4th, 2021, 07:53 AM
That would actually be pretty cool but it would never happen. 25,000 Bison fans and 15,000 SDSU fans would make for an awesome environment.
Now that is funny! xlolx

Mfergy4
November 4th, 2021, 10:18 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx SO True!

Mfergy4
November 4th, 2021, 10:26 AM
Agreed, that's the main reason why I hope Cam is the QB moving forward. He's not nearly the runner that Quincy is but there's so much talent at the skill positions to utilize they don't need a QB who can run for 100 yards a game, they need a QB who can get the ball to those playmakers more consistently.

Agreed Cam gives the Bison a better and smooth offense punch. Patterson only brings a Big inaccurate arm and strong legs....his inability to make the proper reads in a quick fashion made the offense look clumsy and disjointed.

SDSU is going to be a different cat as they are paying the Bison and getting people back off the injury bench. 4th quarter is going to be huge as which ever teams offense has kept the opposing Defense the field longer should dominate that quarter.

CappinHard
November 4th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Jacks have been so overrated by the bookies this year.

They are 5-2 against the spread this year though (no spread against Lindenwood), so I don't know that you can say they've been overrated.

Gil Dobie
November 4th, 2021, 02:45 PM

I would prefer not to go into Minneapolis at this point in time. I'll take my 4 hour drive to Fargo, over a 25 minutes to Target Field.

Bisonoline
November 4th, 2021, 11:39 PM
I would prefer not to go into Minneapolis at this point in time. I'll take my 4 hour drive to Fargo, over a 25 minutes to Target Field.

Why???? I was told by some lefty idiots that they would have no issues going downtown Minny??????

CappinHard
November 5th, 2021, 12:05 AM
Why???? I was told by some lefty idiots that they would have no issues going downtown Minny??????

How in the world did you yahoos manage to turn the marker thread political? Cripes. Hadn't been on here in a while. Now I remember why.

uofmman1122
November 5th, 2021, 02:43 AM
This is the quietest year from NDSU I can remember in forever. I haven't really seen either team play, but I just have a feeling we're gonna see a statement game from NDSU and they win going away.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2021, 05:56 AM
Both teams have a lot to play for.

If the Bison can run for 200 or more, I think they win. SDSU hasn't given up a lot of rushing yards to teams this year. Strength vs strength. Cam needs to be productive in the short/medium passing game to keep SDSU off the line for the Bison to be successful.

NDSU will do their usual Tampa2 zone coverage defense with the middle and seams being vulnerable. Hopefully the DL can get some pressure and get some mistakes/turnovers.

Looking forward to making the trek down to Brookings for this one.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2021, 07:30 AM
How in the world did you yahoos manage to turn the marker thread political? Cripes. Hadn't been on here in a while. Now I remember why.
Agreed, I'd love it if the FCSD board would be completely devoid of political BS like that but good luck finding a place to talk football that's more clear of that than here. For the most part it's pretty much contained in the waste dump known as the political board.

Chalupa Batman
November 5th, 2021, 08:43 AM
NDSU averages 261 yards rushing per game and gives up 75. SDSU averages 213 yards rushing and gives up 86. The battle of the trenches in this game is going to be huge and very fun to watch. Whoever runs the ball better, or probably more accurately stick to the run even if it's not working, will have a much better chance to win this game. That's why Cam Miller gives the Bison a much better chance to win IMO, he is good enough with his arm to keep SDSU from stacking too many in the box. As good a runner as QP is I don't think we would have much success at all on the ground against the Jacks if he is in the lineup.

Another thing I've noticed is Oladokun tends to stand in the pocket for a long time while looking for open receivers. I think SDSU has the best O-line in FCS, but as good as it is I don't think he can afford to wait so long in the pocket in this game. If he does try and take as much time there's a very good chance we'll see an interception under pressure and/or a strip sack.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2021, 09:12 AM
NDSU averages 261 yards rushing per game and gives up 75. SDSU averages 213 yards rushing and gives up 86. The battle of the trenches in this game is going to be huge and very fun to watch. Whoever runs the ball better, or probably more accurately stick to the run even if it's not working, will have a much better chance to win this game. That's why Cam Miller gives the Bison a much better chance to win IMO, he is good enough with his arm to keep SDSU from stacking too many in the box. As good a runner as QP is I don't think we would have much success at all on the ground against the Jacks if he is in the lineup.

Another thing I've noticed is Oladokun tends to stand in the pocket for a long time while looking for open receivers. I think SDSU has the best O-line in FCS, but as good as it is I don't think he can afford to wait so long in the pocket in this game. If he does try and take as much time there's a very good chance we'll see an interception under pressure and/or a strip sack.

great summary Chupa, but who ya got ....

this is the Bisons game to lose

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2021, 09:30 AM
2 of the top 5 FCS prospects in the 2022 NFL draft will be playing in this game according to AGS's own smallcollegefbfan:

https://twitter.com/joshbdraft/status/1456071132889616385

Chalupa Batman
November 5th, 2021, 09:32 AM
great summary Chupa, but who ya got ....

this is the Bisons game to lose

I picked NDSU in the MVFC Pick Em but I don’t feel confident about it. Honestly this is SDSU’s game to lose. Their offense is too good for us to keep up with if they don’t turn the ball over and/or have dumb penalties or the dropsies.

Preferred Walk-On
November 5th, 2021, 12:31 PM
I am hoping for a 2013 showing, where the star running back has 4 yd for the entire game...at home (https://gobison.com/sports/football/stats/2013/south-dakota-state/boxscore/1478); (https://gobison.com/sports/football/stats/2013/south-dakota-state/boxscore/1478);) however, I am fully expecting the Jackrabbit running game to show up strong tomorrow. I am not convinced that SDSU's offense is too good for NDSU to keep up with, and quite honestly, I don't think either team can afford to go into catchup mode early.

THSycamores13
November 5th, 2021, 01:59 PM
I'm going with SDSU 34-21. Just a gut feeling for me.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2021, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. I'd say anywhere from a 7 point NDSU win to a 14 point SDSU win is within reasonable probability. Outside of that would be surprising.

POD Knows
November 5th, 2021, 04:32 PM
It won’t be close. Only the truly clueless think this game will be competitive. SDSU has everything to play for, NDSU has nothing but pride and I doubt that matters much.

NDSU defense is over rated and that D is the only thing that will keep them in the game. Here is my prediction. SDSU wins the toss and defers and NDSU goes three and out, punts and SDSU has a 7 minute drive, goes up 7-0 and the game is a mirror image of the spring game. SDSU wins 27-17 and NDSU wins the last two games in the conference and gets a #2 seed in the FCS Championship.

You can take this to the bank. No BOOKIT BS, this is what is going to happen.

Chalupa Batman
November 5th, 2021, 05:08 PM
It won’t be close. Only the truly clueless think this game will be competitive. SDSU has everything to play for, NDSU has nothing but pride and I doubt that matters much.

NDSU defense is over rated and that D is the only thing that will keep them in the game. Here is my prediction. SDSU wins the toss and defers and NDSU goes three and out, punts and SDSU has a 7 minute drive, goes up 7-0 and the game is a mirror image of the spring game. SDSU wins 27-17 and NDSU wins the last two games in the conference and gets a #2 seed in the FCS Championship.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/xTiIzqkHhzLxeZ7r8c/giphy.gif

In all seriousness, the more I think about this game the more I’m inclined to agree with you. Not because our D is overrated but because I think their offense is that good. Which is why I’ve said unless we can force turnovers or they are killing drives with self inflicted errors like penalties and drops this game is SDSU’s to lose.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2021, 06:21 PM

stick to poly boards boomer

Bison got this

TennBison
November 5th, 2021, 06:38 PM
NDSU for much of the past ten years has pretty much been able to find ways to win close tight game against quality opponents. Last spring was the first time that the team seemed to be running on borrowed time. So this year despite the play or Patterson in the first seven games the Bison find themselves winning those games again and sitting at 8-0. Don't fool yourself into thinking NDSU has nothing to play for or that they are going to come into this game with a "who cares " attitude, they will be focused. But will it be enough, SDSU has the ability to turn it on with offense, and are good on defense. Miller has really shown a new dimension to the Bison offense that was lacking in the first six and a half games. With teams not stacking the box with eight guys in fear of the newfound passing ability the Bison have been able to run the ball nicely. Miller should be the starting QB from here on out, start watching for Williams to get more runs as he is a force we have not used much until the last two games. Game is a toss up, if NDSU wins it will be close. But would not be surprised if one team just has a favorable 10-15 minutes at some point and puts up 17-21 unanswered points and takes control in a otherwise close game.
NDSU by 4, but SDSU will be driving for a TD with two minutes to play to make it a nail biter that falls short.

- - - Updated - - -

POD Knows
November 5th, 2021, 06:43 PM
stick to poly boards boomer

Bison got this
Hey man. I am in like 10th place on that one pick ‘em deal. I rule. Have you watched a Bison game in 2021? Rep only gets you so far. Rep ain’t gonna win this game tomorrow (#BOOKIT)/2.

dewey
November 5th, 2021, 08:56 PM
SDSU beat NDSU in the spring thanks to Gronowski running the ball. I don't think Olodokin can do that.

This NDSU defense is playing much better than last spring and at the best clip in the last 10+ years.

Cam Miller is playing much better than last spring.

I think Price has some big punt returns to set NDSU up well.

Don't forget the spring game was 17-17 with 755 to go 4th quarter before SDSU found a way to pull it off.

This NDSU team will find a way to get it done. I am interested to see how NDSU uses Watson out of the backfield since they put that on tape last week.

NDSU 24
SDSU 16

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2021, 09:04 PM
I'll take the Bison to escape Brookings in a slugfest...

NDSU 24-16

What does the crowd split figure to be? SDSU going to "hold their own"? or are the Bison faithful going to make it closer to 50/50 or worse?....

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2021, 09:22 PM
I'll take the Bison to escape Brookings in a slugfest...

NDSU 24-16

What does the crowd split figure to be? SDSU going to "hold their own"? or are the Bison faithful going to make it closer to 50/50 or worse?....
I'd say at worst for SDSU it'll be 65/35 in favor of the home team. There's plenty of tickets still available on the visitors sideline so I'd guess maybe 5-6k Bison fans will be there... probably quite a bit less than were there 2 years ago. Of course Gameday got that game sold out and it was #1 vs #3 so, like I said in the first post, a little more juice in that one. First NDSU game in Brookings that I'll miss since 2007.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2021, 09:53 PM
POD already called this game for the Jacks.

Maybe I should rethink if I should make the trip down to Brookings......xchinscratchx

JacksFan40
November 5th, 2021, 11:45 PM
In other news there was a moose on the loose in the stadium today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/moose-gallops-onto-south-dakota-state-football-field-before-dakota-marker-game-against-north-dakota-state/amp/

A moose presumed to be 1 or 2 years old got loose around South Dakota State's campus and the city of Brookings, eventually making its way into Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium.

The moose's route-running ability isn't a joke, either. It ran a crossing pattern so crisp it might force Jackrabbits coach John Stiegelmeier to check and see whether he has any scholarships remaining.

This isn't the first wild animal to hit a college football field this season. During the Red River Showdown between Oklahoma and Texas on Oct. 9, a fox sprinted onto the turf mid-game and displayed some dazzling change-of-direction ability.

https://twitter.com/DHeintzMN/status/1456727435198844929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1456727435198844929%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-12543340042318067772.ampproject.net%2F211021213000 2%2Fframe.html

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 6th, 2021, 07:13 AM
GameDay!!!!

Ready to make the drive south for a Bison win!!

Should be a heck of a game and I suspect these teams will see each other again in the playoffs.

Bison win a close one: 28-24

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 07:53 AM
DAKOTA MARKER GAMEDAY!

The moose was doing an advanced scouting trip for his friwnds the Bison. Win the game, grab the Dakota Markwr and bring the Marker back to Fargo where it has enty of friends waiting in the trophy case.

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211106/eb7ef207d302b6adb94b8b431a71d07b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride
November 6th, 2021, 09:29 AM
Game Day, boys. Let's go get our ****ing rock back.

AKC_NDSU
November 6th, 2021, 11:16 AM
I expect Miller Time to start today with some Quincy Wild Cat thrown in the mix & to take back the rock to its rightful home. Offense will be firing on all cylinders with Cam so I say 31-17 Bison!!

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2021, 11:20 AM
I really hope Cam starts today but I'm not ready to say he's the answer QB. If he does play this will be the barometer to show us how much he has or hasn't improved from the spring. So far he's played a quarter plus vs Missouri St and 3 quarters vs Indiana St... not exactly a defensive gauntlet. Hopefully we find out today that he's ready to take that next step and lead this NDSU offense moving forward this fall.

FWIW, Stig claims that Isaiah Davis "is not expected to play today" in the NDSU pregame show interview he gave this morning.

semobison
November 6th, 2021, 11:49 AM
170 is the number. When the Bison run for 170 yards or more against the Jacks they have won. Might need set up the run with play action. Jacks D is going to sell out to stop the run but, the Bison see that every week.

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 12:03 PM
170 is the number. When the Bison run for 170 yards or more against the Jacks they have won. Might need set up the run with play action. Jacks D is going to sell out to stop the run but, the Bison see that every week.

This is probably a good number for both teams really. We’ll have our work cut out for us too.

knit35
November 6th, 2021, 02:08 PM
What a start for the rabbits

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:08 PM
not a good start for NDSU D

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:11 PM
watched Entz's pregame talk about how he did not a big deal of this game this week and it shows. Jacks are jacked up and NDSU looks flat.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Cam looking good.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:15 PM
Poor play call, Same play as last 1000 third and three situations

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:21 PM
Not a great punt by SDSU....Def looked better for NDSU. Jacks look good on both sides right now.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:27 PM
nice play by Cam in the scramble...TD to the TE!! Yes

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:29 PM
Sproles set up that TD as the Safety had drop down to cover him

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:33 PM
Missed tackle in the backfield but good coverage on the P Strong run

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:35 PM
What a play by TE to get that 1st down

- - - Updated - - -

Nice screen....

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:39 PM
On this drive NDSU looking average as a defense too many missed tackles in the backfield

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:42 PM
lost gap coverage on that TD...come on NDSU

POD Knows
November 6th, 2021, 02:46 PM
Weak.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Not looking good on Offense NDSU....delay off game, 2 and 15 and stopped in backfield. Cam looking like he took a bad hit....xoopsx

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:49 PM
Pretty throw by Cam!

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:53 PM
No not third and three......

- - - Updated - - -

AAAAAh...thank you Cam on second effort.

- - - Updated - - -

okay..not a good pass there....

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:56 PM
Good stop by NDSU....bad play on the punter there.

Bison56
November 6th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Bonehead penalties

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 02:59 PM
Facemask now to the auto first down.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:00 PM
xbangxxbangx

POD Knows
November 6th, 2021, 03:02 PM
Lot of breaks going the SDSU way. Can’t do that against a team that is better than you to start with.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:04 PM
defense getting gassed by their stupid penalties

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:07 PM
Trick play....damn NDSU stupid penalties....

Christiank22
November 6th, 2021, 03:07 PM
After that play it’s all be certain NDSU wins this game

POD Knows
November 6th, 2021, 03:08 PM
JFC. SDSU is light years ahead of NDSU on the offensive side of the ball. It isn’t even close. If NDSU doesn’t score here and SDSU gets the ball in the second half start. You can turn the lights out on this one.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 03:09 PM
There's always that one play that Eck calls a game that makes me shake my head. It's a love/hate thing as a Jack's fan.

RabidRabbit
November 6th, 2021, 03:11 PM
Definitely getting lots of trick plays. Altho first Strong TD run was set up by Jacks O line, bad Bison d.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:15 PM
Not a good first half for NDSU....

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Well you are making NDSU look very average right now.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 03:17 PM
Definitely getting lots of trick plays. Altho first Strong TD run was set up by Jacks O line, bad Bison d.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jacks interior O-line is better than what NDSU has on the inside. Keep running the ball between the tackles. Stretch plays aren't going to work nearly as well

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:23 PM
Jacks interior O-line is better than what NDSU has on the inside. Keep running the ball between the tackles. Stretch plays aren't going to work nearly as well

yep, jacks handling Bison D-line and out coaching the Bison OC, again.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 03:26 PM
yep, jacks handling Bison D-line and out coaching the Bison OC, again.

Line play and depth is what brought SDSU up to the NDSU tier of FCS. They don't get manhandled anymore.

Mfergy4
Bunnies running circles around the sleeping Bison...24 to 7 at the half

caribbeanhen
JFC. SDSU is light years ahead of NDSU on the offensive side of the ball. It isn’t even close. If NDSU doesn’t score here and SDSU gets the ball in the second half start. You can turn the lights out on this one.

Entz has 16 candles

BisonFan02
November 6th, 2021, 03:28 PM
That sound you hear is the championship pedigree coat tails that this Bison team rides on.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Entiz blames players for not executing....how about the coaching....

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 03:30 PM
That sound you hear is the championship pedigree coat tails that this Bison team rides on.

I think with 90% of FCS the Bison just out talent the opposition. That is getting harder and harder to do, especially with the other top tier programs.

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 03:31 PM

We get the ball to start the 2nd half. Not that it matters.

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Line play and depth is what brought SDSU up to the NDSU tier of FCS. They don't get manhandled anymore.

This

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Oh by far the better OC is on Jacks sideline....TR has no imagination....

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Yep, Jacks have really improved in that area.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:39 PM
We get the ball to start the 2nd half. Not that it matters.

We better get a score or it will be a long bus ride home

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 03:39 PM
Entiz blames players for not executing....how about the coaching....

I think Entz should be talking about player execution.
1. Strong Ling TD run.
2. Running into the punter on 4th down to extend Jack's drive that ended in a TD.

Probably more than that.

Dewey

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 03:43 PM
I think Entz should be talking about player execution.
1. Strong Ling TD run.
2. Running into the punter on 4th down to extend Jack's drive that ended in a TD.

Probably more than that.

Dewey

That long run by Strong set the tone. SDSU needs to grab the momentum first because they seem to have a hard time regaining it once it's gone.

acbearkat
November 6th, 2021, 03:44 PM
I’m surprised the hit on Cam Miller in which he threw the interception was not called roughing the passer. In many instances, it would have.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Then he probably needed to hype the importance of the game this week...loose and loose home field advantage through out the the play-offs and it is the Marker game. Third and three and the running plays that we have all seen this season too many times to count.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Terrible start to second half.....

BisonFan02
November 6th, 2021, 03:49 PM
You guys are still watching this ****?

THSycamores13
November 6th, 2021, 03:49 PM

Just one more SDSU TD and a few more points for NDSU and I'll be satisfied.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 03:50 PM
Terrible start to second half.....

I didn't think it is that bad of a start

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Big stop by NDSU on 4th down.

Come on Bison!

Dewey

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:54 PM
Hell yes, thank you Def...good stop!

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think it is that bad of a start

depends on which side of the ball you are on.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:56 PM
2nd and 13 and we are running....xbangx

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 03:58 PM
3rd and 13 throwing bombs instead of quick slants and or crossing routes.

- - - Updated - - -

Plan on traveling in semi finals Bison

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:04 PM
Bison down by 3 scores.....

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 04:05 PM
27-7 SDSU leads 735 to go 3rd quarter.

A healthy SDSU squad they will be a tough put come playoff time.

Dewey

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:05 PM
Jacks beating Bison in all phases of the game....

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Bison down by 3 scores.....

Not an overly impressive start to the second half by either team. Jacks should have at least had one TD on their possessions. Field goals are nice, but NDSU is one one or two big plays away. Need to stomp on their necks when the opportunity arises

JacksFan40
November 6th, 2021, 04:08 PM
If only we could play like this every game….

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:09 PM
Need to start chucking quick short passes Bison on 1st down

BNATION
November 6th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Not to be an a$$ but I called this. First solid team they’ve played, and....

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Down by 20 points and five straight runs....no mixing of play calls.

acbearkat
November 6th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Wow! The officials gave North Dakota State a first down? That was a bad call.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:13 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Yep, Jacks have a complaint on that one.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 04:13 PM

It really is the game within the game. Bad officiating in the Marker game, it's as predictable as bad attendance on the pheasant opener

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:15 PM
good no call on the targeting...

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Need to score on this and this quarter too.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally a good play call to catch defenses cheating on the run

THSycamores13
November 6th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Welp, SDSU needs an answer here....

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 04:21 PM
SDSU needs to keep from going into their "prevent" offense in the 4th. They have to drive the ball down the field and get a TD to start the 4th.

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 04:23 PM
Come on Bison!

Get a stop!

27-14 SDSU end of 3rd quarter.

Dewey

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 04:24 PM
good no call on the targeting...

Agreed. RB lowered his head. I feel like targeting calls are dependent on the magic 8 ball.

Dewey

THSycamores13
November 6th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Agreed. RB lowered his head. I feel like targeting calls are a Roll of the magic 8 ball.

Dewey

I like the rule trying to get helmet to helmet hits out of the game, which will never happen. But the ejection part of the rule needs to be removed. That can be said all the time tho. I did agree with the no call on that play. Both guys lowered their heads.

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Not to be an a$$ but I called this. First solid team they’ve played, and....

So…..same thing happens when SH finally plays a solid team?

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:29 PM
Gotta get a quick three and out....

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:30 PM
Screen finally read....3 and out

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 04:32 PM
A touchdown drive here would be HUGE!

COME ON BISON!

Dewey

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:34 PM
Nice Moss type catch by Watson...

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:37 PM
damn False start....

uofmman1122
November 6th, 2021, 04:39 PM
lmao what a weak call

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:39 PM
Penalties!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Jacks!

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:41 PM
What...Bison Trick play....my oh my

SoDakSA
SDSU doing what they can to let NDSU have a chance. Coaches must have bet the spread

THSycamores13
That was a WEAK DPI....wow

acbearkat
November 6th, 2021, 04:42 PM
That was a WEAK DPI....wow

That was BAD.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:43 PM
xoopsx

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:44 PM
Ball game here

JacksFan40
Oh god we’re going to choke this away aren’t we.
A loss here would be absolutely crushing for team morality, especially with a tough game in Vermillion next week.

uofmman1122
Boy, that looked more like DPI than the one they called

MSUWineGuy
November 6th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Wtf was that. Scramble and run it in!

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:46 PM
Yikes....Jacks were ready for that play

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 04:46 PM
Jacks need AT LEAST two first downs here.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Gotta get this stop....

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:51 PM
Wow...that was close to disaster for the jacks

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Not really...it would have only been a safety.

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Stig actually did something smart there.

MTfan4life
November 6th, 2021, 04:54 PM
I get the idea for taking the safety, but there was no pressure. Punter could have kicked the ball instead of running around. That was goofy.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Good play for the Jacks....still forces Bison to having to score twice.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Stig actually did something smart there.

I agree. I have no idea what the Midco guys were thinking. A lot more bad things can happen with trying a quick punt. NDSU now has to basically score three times (counting the conversation) just to tie.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Out coached by Stig...of course that is easy to do...

uofmman1122
November 6th, 2021, 04:57 PM
I get the idea for taking the safety, but there was no pressure. Punter could have kicked the ball instead of running around. That was goofy.
Field position is way better on a kickoff, even from the 20, and it's still a 2-score game.

MSUWineGuy
Why are they running lol

Mfergy4
running with only 4 minutes left...

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Field position is way better on a kickoff, even from the 20, and it's still a 2-score game.

Agreed. Plus you don't want to leave that decision to your punter.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Dum da Dum Da dum......

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 04:59 PM
Burning clock with no yardage

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:01 PM
Oh wow,,robbed on that no call....

acbearkat
November 6th, 2021, 05:01 PM
That was OBVIOUS defensive holding.

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 05:02 PM
F that failed 4th down was huge.

Could be NDSU going for the lead.

Dewey

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 05:03 PM
Oh wow,,robbed on that no call....

They had to rule that uncatchable.

Isn't the timeout more important than the penalty? Odd choice

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:05 PM

Doesn't matter on a Def hold call.

Good to do the Field Goal

acbearkat
November 6th, 2021, 05:05 PM

Even if it’s uncatchable, you can still have defensive holding. It was OBVIOUS.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 05:06 PM
My bad, I was thinking pass interference. That official not having a great day in that corner of the end zone

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Stig calls a second time out.....stupid......

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:09 PM
That's the game....Good game by the Jacks. Hats off to them.

TennBison
November 6th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Outplayed and outcoached. Congrats to SDSU, well deserved.

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 05:11 PM
27-19 SDSU wins. NDSU had it 4th and goal from SDSU 2 down 27-21 and got stopped. That was the play of the game. I hope to see SDSU in Fargo come playoff time.

NDSU was better in the 2nd half.

Dewey

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:12 PM
Going to be lots of Team Makers asking uncomfortable questions to Entz and Rohle... all the talent we have and we preform like that in the first half.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Glad to see the Jacks defend the marker.

Wasn't pleased with the second half effort. They let a overmatched (on this day) NDSU team back into the game. Fix that and move on to next week.

Christiank22
November 6th, 2021, 05:14 PM
We had zero reason losing that game. First half was a joke, played horrible.

Christiank22
November 6th, 2021, 05:15 PM

Wasn't pleased with the second half effort. They let a overmatched (on this day) NDSU team back into the game. Fix that and move on to next week.

Lmao good troll post, NDSU shot themselves in the foot plenty this game

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 05:15 PM

That will happen when a team is trying to punch up and win

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:19 PM
Jacks had a good game play

Bison shot themselves in both feet and tried to run to boot. Burned too much time on getting that first second half score.

Christiank22
November 6th, 2021, 05:21 PM

Says the little sister. Good try buddy when you win anything significant you can talk until then enjoy your regular season win and focus on trying to make the playoffs

semobison
November 6th, 2021, 05:22 PM

We had momentum and then..
The interception
The running into the kicker
the face mask on 3rd down
the trick play TD.
following with an NDSU 25 second possession
which followed with a Jacks FG.

Game over!

BNATION

Obvious to anyone who knows football, SDSU is a noticeably better team. Good game by both teams but as I’ve said these bison are not the teams of old.

Chalupa Batman

I think they knew if they didn’t do anything stupid we didn’t have enough firepower to come back from 17 down. And they were right.

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 05:23 PM

NDSU trying to punch up and win?! You are hilarious. Enjoy the win.

I hope to see SDSU in Fargo come playoff time.

Dewey

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 05:25 PM
I think they knew if they didn’t do anything stupid we didn’t have enough firepower to come back from 17 down. And they were right.

I will respectfully disagree. NDSU had a chance to pull within 27-21 when Miller should have hit Leupke with 5 minutes to go.

That would have forced a much different game.

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 05:25 PM
Obvious to anyone who knows football, SDSU is a noticeably better team. Good game by both teams but as I’ve said these bison are not the teams of old.

I agree SDSU is better if they’re not self destructing, which has been a question for them this year. A little premature to put a fork in the Bison though, we lost a hard fought road game to a fellow elite team today.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Bison coaching has dropped in skill level since Entz took over. We have the talent in players but coaches do not know how to put them in proper position to be fully successful each week.

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 05:28 PM
I will respectfully disagree. NDSU had a chance to pull within 27-21 when Miller should have hit Leupke with 5 minutes to go.

That would have forced a much different game.

Dewey

That’s part of why they were right. We aren’t good enough offensively to capitalize on every opportunity.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:35 PM

Comes back to coaching...Yes the loss of Lance left a skill shortness at QB BUT they should have seen the lack of skill with Zeb and looked for a different QB right away. This year saw again their QB blindness with Patterson, Cam is vastly improved by still learning at the same time. SDSU solved their QB issues and found a gem. When will Larson ask Rohle to set aside and let Hedberg be OC?

That’s part of why they were right. We aren’t good enough offensively to capitalize on every opportunity.

geaux_sioux
November 6th, 2021, 05:36 PM
Nothing projects confidence quite like a set of adult braces

BNATION
November 6th, 2021, 05:38 PM
I agree SDSU is better if they’re not self destructing, which has been a question for them this year. A little premature to put a fork in the Bison though, we lost a hard fought road game to a fellow elite team today.
That was a two loss team. NDSU is a solid team. Nothing more this year. No 1st round QB for the first time in a while shows. That’s just the honest truth, and I think y’all are an unbelievable program.

Drblankstare
November 6th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Look, anyone with with a good memory understands what’s about to happen. NDSU will win their last games, get a a top seed and waltz to the title game. SDSU will lose “unexpectedly” in the quarterfinals and we all will act surprised. Sunrise, Sunset, the world spins on.

or it could be NDSU is very badly coached.

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:41 PM
Nothing projects confidence quite like a set of adult braces

xdrunkyx

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 05:46 PM
That was a two loss team. NDSU is a solid team. Nothing more this year. No 1st round QB for the first time in a while shows. That’s just the honest truth, and I think y’all are an unbelievable program.

We’re pretty much what we were in 2011-2012, when we won our 1st 2 titles. Offense isn’t flashy, defense is very good and we grind out a lot of close games. We’ve lost games in plenty of seasons and still won a natty. I didn’t think anyone was a prohibitive favorite this year and today doesn’t change that, but we still have as good a chance as anyone.

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2021, 05:46 PM
Look, anyone with with a good memory understands what’s about to happen. NDSU will win their last games, get a a top seed and waltz to the title game. SDSU will lose “unexpectedly” in the quarterfinals and we all will act surprised. Sunrise, Sunset, the world spins on.

This guy gets it.

Drblankstare
November 6th, 2021, 05:49 PM
This guy gets it.

Truth be told, I think SDSU has a good enough QB and offense to avoid that fate this year, but damn this whole thing feels familiar

mmiller_34
November 6th, 2021, 05:52 PM
Truth be told, I think SDSU has a good enough QB and offense to avoid that fate this year, but damn this whole thing feels familiar

I agree. But unfortunately, we will lose to USD next week. It's written in the stars.

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2021, 05:53 PM
Good games Jacks, I said in the first post that the lines would decide this game and the SDSU lines, especially the d-line, were the difference.

NDSU is still in good shape and hopefully this gives them a good needed kick in the ass. This didn't feel like a team that should be undefeated this late in the season anyway.

SDSU shouldn't lose another game in the regular season which should get them seeded easily. Could see these two meet again this season...

Mfergy4
November 6th, 2021, 05:56 PM

Totally agree....too much Deja Vou

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Says the little sister. Good try buddy when you win anything significant you can talk until then enjoy your regular season win and focus on trying to make the playoffs

It was a good game. Today SDSU was the better team. Will that be the case in a few weeks, who knows. Seems like you have some anger from today, maybe just relax and look through the closet at all the championship tshirts.

F'N Hawks
November 6th, 2021, 06:10 PM
Is Cam Miller still the answer?

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 06:21 PM

or it could be NDSU is very badly coached.

I think SDSU will get shipped to Fargo again this year if they make it to the playoffs. That's the way of the FCS

acbearkat
November 6th, 2021, 06:22 PM
It was a good game. Today SDSU was the better team. Will that be the case in a few weeks, who knows. Seems like you have some anger from today, maybe just relax and look through the closet at all the championship tshirts.

Possibly. I think the Jackrabbits need one more win to be in the playoffs.

SoDakSA
November 6th, 2021, 06:48 PM

I agree. Their resume was hurt by the teams that beat them having lost. If they win out then they are in, but a loss puts them in the hot seat.

As a SDSU fan, I never feel good in the "control out destiny" games. I've been let down too often

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2021, 07:28 PM

I agree in order to lock themselves in. I think they'd probably be fine even at 7-4 but that D2 win doesn't help them at all. Still, winning one of their last 2 shouldn't be a tall order for them after today.

No anger from me. NDSU missed some opportunities but they absolutely deserved to lose that game. I completely agree that SDSU was the better team today. I think it could be good for NDSU in the long run. If they win out I think they could get a top 2 seed if the Griz can knock off the Bobcats in that final week of the regular season. If that happens, as weird as it may sound, I'd prefer the Bison to be 10-1 instead of 11-0 going into the playoffs.

Now if the Bison drop another game before the playoffs I'll be mad.

Chalupa Batman
November 6th, 2021, 07:31 PM
I agree. Their resume was hurt by the teams that beat them having lost. If they win out then they are in, but a loss puts them in the hot seat.

As a SDSU fan, I never feel good in the "control out destiny" games. I've been let down too often

Actually SIU & UNI losing helps them out quite a bit because now they may be seeded ahead of SIU and surely ahead of UNI as they likely lost a seed today.

dewey
November 6th, 2021, 11:26 PM
I agree in order to lock themselves in. I think they'd probably be fine even at 7-4 but that D2 win doesn't help them at all. Still, winning one of their last 2 shouldn't be a tall order for them after today.

No anger from me. NDSU missed some opportunities but they absolutely deserved to lose that game. I completely agree that SDSU was the better team today. I think it could be good for NDSU in the long run. If they win out I think they could get a top 2 seed if the Griz can knock off the Bobcats in that final week of the regular season. If that happens, as weird as it may sound, I'd prefer the Bison to be 10-1 instead of 11-0 going into the playoffs.

PC is ALWAYS the voice of reason and logic for many Bison fans!

SDSU was the better team today.

Agreed about this team being better at 10-1 vs 11-0 come playoff time.

Dewey

Houndawg
November 7th, 2021, 07:24 AM
PC is ALWAYS the voice of reason and logic for many Bison fans!

SDSU was the better team today.

Agreed about this team being better at 10-1 vs 11-0 come playoff time.

Dewey

I think this applies to anybody anytime - don't want to go into playoff-level competition with the hype all being about the streak

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2021, 08:04 AM

NDSU will have to jump above JMU also to get a top 2 seed

Professor Chaos
November 7th, 2021, 08:08 AM
NDSU will have to jump above JMU also to get a top 2 seed
I'd say they should be above them today. Both have identical 8-1 records both with an all-FCS schedule. JMU lost at home to a lower ranked team than NDSU lost to on the road. JMU's best win is Delaware and I'd say NDSU has 2 wins clearly better than that (Missouri St and UNI) with the potential for a 3rd in a couple weeks. JMU at 10-1 likely isn't even the CAA autobid whereas NDSU at 10-1 is the outright MVFC champ in a much tougher conference (this year at least). The CAA will be doing no favors for JMU this year when it comes to seeding I don't think.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2021, 08:14 AM
One comment I want to make about NDSU under this current coaching staff:

I'm tired of all the read option bull**it. NDSU offense is mediocre at best with this crap that everyone else is doing. Get back to the I-formation and QB under center and run the west coast style offense. Teams have trouble adjusting to it when they hardly ever see it. Now NDSU is just like every other offense with this read option crap.

Freaking line up and move people off the line of scrimmage. Our OC is mediocre on a good day. Doesn't utilize our talent. I'd fire him at the end of the season...

Another thing that is frustrating is that our OL is mediocre at best this year. NDSU has always had very good OL and it is really noticeable when they are average. Plus SDSU has a very good DL but NDSU line has played poorly all year IMO.

kdinva
November 7th, 2021, 08:22 AM
That SDSU play with the HB squatting then hitting a receiver in end zone was ESPN's "Football final" play #2.

caribbeanhen
November 7th, 2021, 08:24 AM

I'm tired of all the read option bull**it. NDSU offense is mediocre at best with this crap that everyone else is doing. Get back to the I-formation and QB under center and run the west coast style offense. Teams have trouble adjusting to it when they hardly ever see it. Now NDSU is just like every other offense with this read option crap.

Freaking line up and move people off the line of scrimmage. Our OC is mediocre on a good day. Doesn't utilize our talent. I'd fire him at the end of the season...

Another thing that is frustrating is that our OL is mediocre at best this year. NDSU has always had very good OL and it is really noticeable when they are average. Plus SDSU has a very good DL but NDSU line has played poorly all year IMO.

playing a team outside of the MVFC will take care of a lot of that

use #1 more

semobison
November 7th, 2021, 08:25 AM

Yep, agree with all of this. Good post!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2021, 08:35 AM
Yep, agree with all of this. Good post!

Volson is supposedly our best OL and AA but he makes stupid mistakes every game. The center is mediocre and Mauch is mediocre. A whole lot of mediocre. Maybe some of these young guys will be better but our OL coach has never coached the position before and it really shows.

Losing is part of the game but watching poor coaching, not utilizing our talent, undisciplined play and running a style of offense that is ho/hum that everyone else is doing is blood pressure rising frustrating....xmadx

POD Knows
November 7th, 2021, 08:40 AM

Balls on and the Bison D is overrated as well. They are giving up about 22 ppg against decent teams, Mo State/UNI/SDSU. This team is not a lot different than the spring team. That being said if they manage to win the remaining games they should be a high seed and at home throughout the playoffs.

Even as horrendous as they played yesterday they had a chance to win that game.

dewey
November 7th, 2021, 08:44 AM
That SDSU play with the HB squatting then hitting a receiver in end zone was ESPN's "Football final" play #2.

That was a well designed and executed play.

Dewey

semobison
November 7th, 2021, 09:12 AM
Balls on and the Bison D is overrated as well. They are giving up about 22 ppg against decent teams, Mo State/UNI/SDSU. This team is not a lot different than the spring team. That being said if they manage to win the remaining games they should be a high seed and at home throughout the playoffs.

Interesting stats from Saturday....

The Bison had more total offense.
After the 75 yard run we held SDSU to 2.7ypc.
The Jacks biggest plays through the air were screen passes on 3rd and long. We don’t have a screen in our playbook!
Their third score was aided by a roughing the kicker, a face mask penalty on 3rd and long and a trick play.

Out coached..yep. Outplayed, that’s debatable!

POD Knows
November 7th, 2021, 09:25 AM
Interesting stats from Saturday....

The Bison had more total offense.
After the 75 yard run we held SDSU to 2.7ypc.
The Jacks biggest plays through the air were screen passes on 3rd and long. We don’t have a screen in our playbook!
There third score was aided by a roughing the kicker, a face mask penalty on 3rd and long and a trick play.

Out coached..yep. Outplayed, that’s debatable!
The NDSU defense played better in the second half and the D is good but not great. The roughing the punter penalty was joke and a major play in the game. Fact remains, regardless of the circumstances, they have given up an overage of 22 points a game against the top teams they have played.

Next couple of weeks will be interesting.

Hammerhead
November 7th, 2021, 10:04 AM
I think SDSU will get shipped to Fargo again this year if they make it to the playoffs. That's the way of the FCS

SDSU has already made 4 trips to Fargo in the playoffs. The first two games were in the second round followed by a quarterfinal in 2016 and then a semifinal in 2018. Does that trend mean they will meet in Frisco next time? :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2021, 10:27 AM

22 still isn't too bad against those 3 teams.

The defense played a lot better in the 2nd half and it showed. I don't think they are overrated, good offensive teams are hard to shut down for all 4 quarters. Mistakes and mental mistakes definitely hurt but give kudos to SDSU, they played to win.

I don't think he defense is the issue. Sure they have some hiccups during most games but overall, they are a good to very good defense. The offense is the glaring issue IMO.

POD Knows
November 7th, 2021, 11:35 AM
22 still isn't too bad against those 3 teams.

The defense played a lot better in the 2nd half and it showed. I don't think they are overrated, good offensive teams are hard to shut down for all 4 quarters. Mistakes and mental mistakes definitely hurt but give kudos to SDSU, they played to win.

I don't think he defense is the issue. Sure they have some hiccups during most games but overall, they are a good to very good defense. The offense is the glaring issue IMO.
The defense isn’t the issue. They are a good to maybe very good defense but they are not great. They have been exposed by decent teams. They might pitch a shut out against YSU and then get 24 against them in the USD game. I think NDSU has the best defense in the conference, they are just not great. I hear that term passed around a lot with respect to the NDSU D, I just don’t agree completely.

dewey
November 7th, 2021, 11:49 AM
The NDSU defense played better in the second half and the D is good but not great. The roughing the punter penalty was joke and a major play in the game. Fact remains, regardless of the circumstances, they have given up an overage of 22 points a game against the top teams they have played.

Next couple of weeks will be interesting.

Though I agree that the roughing the punter was a big play it was 4th and 3 and even a 5 yard penalty gives SDSU the 1st down. NDSU can't make that mistake. The face mask was a good call but a flukes play where the NDSU reached back and just happened to catch the face mask.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 7th, 2021, 12:05 PM
Though I agree that the roughing the punter was a big play it was 4th and 3 and even a 5 yard penalty gives SDSU the 1st down. NDSU can't make that mistake. The face mask was a good call but a flukes play where the NDSU reached back and just happened to catch the face mask.

DeweyThat face mask penalty is understandable. The guy was trying to make a play. I personally thought the roughing the kicker was pretty ticky tack but a killer nonetheless. I would never rush a punter unless you are down late in a game by a couple scores and need something to happen. The risk of trying to block a punt far outweighs the positives that can result. It might have been a completely different game without that. It was beyond huge at the time.

TheKingpin28
November 7th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Well I'm finally feeling better. Hit a ****ing deer last night on the drive back. Car is miraculously in good shape and do am I. Broken front left light cover, dislodged bumper, and broken left grill.

Other than that, I've had with the staff.

STOP RUNNING THE ****ING SPREAD OFFENSE!!! Go back to under center West Coast style. Pro style offense is how you win games. Not this ****ing worthless read option bull****. If Entz and Roehl are still coaches next year, a referendum for a vote of no confidence for Matt Larsen needs to be brought forward. When you run the same ****ing play 20 times a game, of course it's not going to work.

dewey
November 7th, 2021, 10:07 PM
That face mask penalty is understandable. The guy was trying to make a play. I personally thought the roughing the kicker was pretty ticky tack but a killer nonetheless. I would never rush a punter unless you are down late in a game by a couple scores and need something to happen. The risk of trying to block a punt far outweighs the positives that can result. It might have been a completely different game without that. It was beyond huge at the time.

Agreed. If NDSU makes a stop there and gets the ball back who knows what happens.

Couple that with the 4th down Roll out with about 5 minutes to go 4th quarter and Cam doesn't pass it to Luepke for some reason. That would have made it 27-21 with NDSU having all of the momentum in the world.

Agree with you on the punt block. Seems like a big mistake by a young player.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
November 8th, 2021, 04:48 AM
Well I'm finally feeling better. Hit a ****ing deer last night on the drive back. Car is miraculously in good shape and do am I. Broken front left light cover, dislodged bumper, and broken left grill.

Other than that, I've had with the staff.

STOP RUNNING THE ****ING SPREAD OFFENSE!!! Go back to under center West Coast style. Pro style offense is how you win games. Not this ****ing worthless read option bull****. If Entz and Roehl are still coaches next year, a referendum for a vote of no confidence for Matt Larsen needs to be brought forward. When you run the same ****ing play 20 times a game, of course it's not going to work.

did the deer in the headlights look like Entz?

Yea it’s no fun hitting one

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2021, 07:07 AM
did the deer in the headlights look like Entz?

Yea it’s no fun hitting oneIt came from left to right. Ran into the road, then darted back left then bolted right. Hit it head on.

Bisonator
November 8th, 2021, 10:18 AM
Congrats to the wabbits!

Looked like we were trying to lose that one. Entz needs to overhaul the offensive staff in the off season. Roehl is not ready to be an OC, he's way over his head. Larson is not a fricking oline coach. So frustrating watching our talent wasted by coaching ineptness. Get back to Bison football please not all this spread and QB run BS!

Bisonator
November 8th, 2021, 10:20 AM
It came from left to right. Ran into the road, then darted back left then bolted right. Hit it head on.

Sounds like our 4 minute offense. xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 8th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Sounds like our 4 minute offense. xlolxI shouldn't be laughing, but damn this got me good.

CappinHard
November 8th, 2021, 12:56 PM
Time for a new unit of measurement? NDSU fans are so fond of the "Zenner". We should probably coin the term "Strong Jr." for when a RB tears apart NDSU's run defense. https://twitter.com/argussports/status/1457779720796315661?s=21