PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference Week #10 Pick 'em (with poll)

McCowboys
November 1st, 2021, 08:11 AM
Southland Conference Week #10 Pick 'em (with poll)
Southland Conference Week #10 Pick 'em

No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners.

All six SLC teams are in action this week. There is a poll (scroll up) to make choosing your winners easier. Home teams are on the bottom.

For the second week in a row, McNeese held a SLC leader way below its average point total and yards gained, but this time the Cowboys were unable to score a victory, falling to the SLC leaders Southeastern Louisiana Lions 23-20. UIW and Nicholls picked up easy wins, as expected.

Now for the game most SLC fans have been looking forward to: The SLU Lions travel to 2nd place UIW. Will it be a shootout or a defensive struggle?

McNeese hosts Nicholls for the one and only time this regular season. Nicholls will pit its high-powered offense against the Cowboys stingy defense.

Northwestern State and HBU, the SLC bottom dwellers, will meet for the second time this season, this time in beautiful, historic Natchitoches.

Scroll up to see and vote in the poll. It is multiple choice; choose the winners for all three games. Home teams are on the bottom of each pairing.

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2021, 06:27 PM
LK2,

Is # 2 healthy ?

lionsrking2
November 4th, 2021, 10:39 PM
LK2,

Is # 2 healthy ?

No, and won't be for a few more weeks, but we're fine. Two years ago, or last spring, this would have devastated us (and did) but the guy replacing him (Brandon Barbee) is more talented and has played very well in his place. He was an FCS All-American last spring and tied for the national lead in INTs at Morehead State. We have depth in the secondary.

NOLA
November 5th, 2021, 12:05 AM
Will it be a shootout or a defensive struggle?

Hahaha Why would this game be a defensive struggle?

Good week of games. I think Houston Baptist gets their first win. No real reason. Don't know who I need to be rooting for between Lions and UIW. A SELA loss still gives Nicholls a chance of catching them. Can't imagine NSU going to Hammond and leaving with a W. Even with SELA and UIW, McNeese game is the most difficult one for the Colonels, IMO. Not a ton of wins in Lake Charles over the years and 40 will be a problem in the passing game. Would be great to have 28 Gums back but not holding my breath.

Haven't made it to a game in a while but lovin that they're all on ESPN+. Might have a chance to go their next weekend.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2021, 09:35 AM
No, and won't be for a few more weeks, but we're fine. Two years ago, or last spring, this would have devastated us (and did) but the guy replacing him (Brandon Barbee) is more talented and has played very well in his place. He was an FCS All-American last spring and tied for the national lead in INTs at Morehead State. We have depth in the secondary.

I see

I was curious because I didn’t see him while watching the last McNeese game

I think you might get beat this Saturday, not always a bad thing to get a loss on the books

lionsrking2
November 5th, 2021, 10:36 AM
I see

I was curious because I didn’t see him while watching the last McNeese game

I think you might get beat this Saturday, not always a bad thing to get a loss on the books
They’ve beaten us 3 in a row and we’ve played terrible against them in that stretch but I think we’re ready for this one’. We shall see.

McNeese72
November 5th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Hahaha Why would this game be a defensive struggle?

Have you seen the McNeese defense lately???

Doc

caribbeanhen
November 7th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Well what a fun game to watch

that Incarnate Ward QB is just too good, it reminded of a recent game vs SLA

the camera panned up into the stands after Southeastern Louisiana went ahead with over a minute left, Fans all looked like they were saying the same thing .....we scored too soon

That Running play for Kelly was going to be there anytime he chose to take it so I was thinking maybe he’ll just plop down a couple of yards short of a EZ and kill some clock but no.....

SFA 93
November 14th, 2021, 07:05 AM
0-10 HBU is missing this guy...

QB:#4 BAILEY ZAPPE 6-1; 220 (SR.) Western Kentucky 6-4; 5-1 U-USA 1st Place East Division
GP:10;CMP:342;ATT:483;CMP%:71.4;YDS:4,170;TD:42;IN T:7;RTD:3
#1 Passing Yards
#1 Passing TDs
#1 Passing Yards per game
#2 Total Offense
#14 Passing Efficiency

McCowboys
November 14th, 2021, 09:35 AM
0-10 HBU is missing this guy...

QB:#4 BAILEY ZAPPE 6-1; 220 (SR.) Western Kentucky 6-4; 5-1 U-USA 1st Place East Division
GP:10;CMP:342;ATT:483;CMP%:71.4;YDS:4,170;TD:42;IN T:7;RTD:3
#1 Passing Yards
#1 Passing TDs
#1 Passing Yards per game
#2 Total Offense
#14 Passing Efficiency

For sure and all the wide receivers that went with him to WKU.