PDA

View Full Version : Campbell player pulls a DeSean Jackson/Kaelin Clay

MTfan4life
October 31st, 2021, 01:32 PM
It's absolutely insane how often this happens. Does the football get really hot as it approaches an end zone? He was about as far from the goal line as I've seen before. Maybe the only comparison would be Kaelin Clay of Utah. It's hilarious how he realizes it almost instantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVl8WCpu_aY&ab_channel=PSCHighlights

acbearkat
October 31st, 2021, 01:39 PM
I saw that exact thing happen back in 2013 when Texas Tech was playing TCU in Lubbock where the Texas Tech ball carrier threw the ball behind him at about the one-yard line (I can’t remember if it was a run or a pass). I don’t remember if TCU picked up the ball or not, but I remember there was a long review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride
October 31st, 2021, 05:44 PM
It blows me away how often that happens. If I were the coach of a kid who did that, he'd be spending a few practices with a football duct taped to one or both hands, just to drive home the point.

acbearkat
October 31st, 2021, 05:52 PM
He was at the three-yard line when he did that. That's crazy.

JayJ79
October 31st, 2021, 05:53 PM
reminds me of this play from a playoff game 10 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZfyw1EMdsU
(not exactly the same, but I'll use any excuse to revisit that clip)
at least in the Wofford player's defense, some officials will blow the play dead for the touchback without the (non)returner actually having to take a knee.
there is zero excuse for dropping the ball before you're definitively into the endzone

Daytripper
October 31st, 2021, 07:48 PM
This is why it is a good policy to always hand the official the ball (like Earl Campbell did) after every score.

WeAreThePride
October 31st, 2021, 10:09 PM
This is why it is a good policy to always hand the official the ball (like Earl Campbell did) after every score.
My old man says you should touch the ball to the goal post, then hand it to the ref. I do not comprehend why anyone would want to toss a ball behind them even after they're 5 yards deep in the endzone, let alone 3 yards before they reach it.

Seriously. One guy with a ball duct taped to his hands for 2 practices should drill that in every kid's head.

MTfan4life
October 31st, 2021, 11:55 PM
at least in the Wofford player's defense, some officials will blow the play dead for the touchback without the (non)returner actually having to take a knee.
there is zero excuse for dropping the ball before you're definitively into the endzone

This one I always said was bad coaching. The Wofford player was a freshman and in high school if you catch the ball in the end zone, it's an automatic touchback. This was back when kickoffs were kicked from the 30 and the SoCon had very minimal touchbacks, so it was feasible to believe this was possibly the first time the guy had caught the ball in the end zone in his college career. (In fact a quick glance at their stats and their opponents only kicked 2 touchbacks all season.)

walliver
November 1st, 2021, 09:07 AM
reminds me of this play from a playoff game 10 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZfyw1EMdsU
(not exactly the same, but I'll use any excuse to revisit that clip)

The worst part of that play was that on the previous series, the same player, roughed the kicker on a field goal and turned a field goal into a touchdown - essentially giving UNI 11 free points in a game decided by only 7 points.

acbearkat
November 1st, 2021, 09:23 AM
I'll see if I can find the fully replay of the TCU/Texas Tech game in 2013 on YouTube instead of the highlights. So far, I haven't been able to find one.