PDA

View Full Version : App State post game thread

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
CAN YOU FEEL IT!!!!?????

Crow will now be served

mtgrizfan4life
September 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
It sucks to be a Michigan fan. Game 1, and no shot for a NC. Even if they win out, I see no way they could play in the NC. Well I do, but they would have to have a true playoff system.

Mountaineer
Looking forward to seeing griz37 and GoGuins. xthumbsupx

Blue Hen Nation
Congrats boys....well played.

greenG
September 1st, 2007, 02:57 PM
Congratulations Mountaineers! What a way to represent the FCS.

Also, as a Michigan State grad who lives in Ann Arbor, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. A lot of weasel boys are not going to be able to get into my face at work, at least for the rest of the season. You've made my work life a whole lot easier and listening to the local call in shows a lot more fun to listen to.

Congrats, again!

th0m
September 1st, 2007, 03:01 PM
I don't think anybody expected this. I saw predictions of 35-14 and people were skeptic they'd even hang that much (myself included)...this is just unbelievable. On top of the W, you get a big fat paycheck to boot. Does ASU's HC have a statue of himself already?

gvilleapp
September 1st, 2007, 03:12 PM
Just got back from the sports bar in Greenville, SC. We had Penn State and Ohio State fans pulling for App!!! Most unbelivalbe thing I think I have ever seen in sports. In fairness, the UM fans were very gracious and congratulated us.

Thanks for the love fellow FCS bretheren!!

skinny_uncle
September 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
It was a much better day today for the Mountaineers than it was for the Penguins.
xeyebrowx

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
Will App St bypass the playoffs for a bowl bid. xconfusedx ;)

skinny_uncle
September 1st, 2007, 03:27 PM
Will App St bypass the playoffs for a bowl bid. xconfusedx ;)
Not unless they are guaranteed a National Title is on the line.

chantster
September 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Watching the Big Ten postgame show.

Michael Hart, and Jake Long, two captains for Michigan stepped up to the mike.

Essentially, they never congratulated App State, nor mention them. Kinda hemmed and hawed how they expected to win, how big plays hurt them, and the penalties.

Dinardo, one of the anchor hosts made a comment that Michigan has a tough road with Oregon, Penn St, and ND, while ASU will go home and play the likes of Lenoir-Rhyne. Pissed me off how he said it with a smirk.

Big Ten sucks.

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM

Essentially, they never congratulated App State, nor mention them. Kinda hemmed and hawed how they expected to win, how big plays hurt them, and the penalties.

Dinardo, one of the anchor hosts made a comment that Michigan has a tough road with Oregon, Penn St, and ND, while ASU will go home and play the likes of Lenoir-Rhyne. Pissed me off how he said it with a smirk.

Big Ten sucks.

Hart did say App St was the best team they have played since he came to Michigoner.

EmeryZach
September 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
no one on tv seems to be giving App any credit for the win, they just keep talking about how Mich lost it cause they played bad. App won this game because they are amazing team with amazing coaches.

chantster
Hart did say App St was the best team they have played since he came to Michigoner.

Thanks, Gil.

I was just gonna edit that. I caught the tail end of that sentence.

No_Skill

No he said they were one of the fastest.

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM

Big Ten sucks.

That comment can't possibly be made without a smirk. Nothing to get pissed off about.

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 03:35 PM
No he said they were one of the fastest.

Time to get the transcripts out. I heard him say the fastest too, before he said the best, but maybe I'm getting old.

chantster
September 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM
Time to get the transcripts out. I heard him say the fastest too, before he said the best, but maybe I'm getting old.

Yeah, I'm trying to listen with lots of people making noise.

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 03:38 PM
That comment can't possibly be made without a smirk. Nothing to get pissed off about.

Good game by App State, huh davek. xrolleyesx ;)

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 03:43 PM
Good game by App State, huh davek. xrolleyesx ;)

They weren't merely good, they were great.

EmeryZach
September 1st, 2007, 03:45 PM
When's App State leaving the FCS?

gatadotcom
September 1st, 2007, 03:46 PM
How big is this win for I-AA/FCS?

At 4:45pm on Saturday, September 1st, Appy's win in highlighted in red on the front page of The Drudge Report : http://www.drudgereport.com

Mountaineer
So I'm hearing from a neighbor that they've lowered the goalposts at KBS. xlolx xlolx Streets are closed off downtown. Think I may go down and take a look. xthumbsupx

AppStateSVX
The FCS should finally get the respect they deserve now.

oh, and will they finally learn how to pronounce the school now?

Mich Griz
September 1st, 2007, 03:48 PM
You guys should have heard the Michigan broadcast team. They kept waiting for App St to fold. It was hillairous. There's 110000 fans standing in Ann Arbor with their jaws in their lap.

FCS standings

1) App St
2) Montana
3) U Mass
4) New Hampshire
5) Montana St
6) U of Michigan

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx :) xlolx xlolx xlolx

Bye Bye Lloyd don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Lloyds on ESPN right now he looks like he got run over by a train.....xlolx xlolx

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
When's App State leaving the FCS?

Based on what I saw today, they could have and probably should have left after last season. I think that, like UND and GVSU, they've reached a point where they're way too good for the division they compete in.

NDSUFREAK
The FCS should finally get the respect they deserve now.

oh, and will they finally learn how to pronounce the school now?

everybody listening to GoBlue audio will. Thay kept saying that is was Appalatchen (spelled out pronounce)

EmeryZach
Can anyone say Riot?

Mich Griz
September 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
Kudos to the Mountaineers. I picked you all along. Now watch out for the other U of M.

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
Based on what I saw today, they could have and probably should have left after last season. I think that, like UND and GVSU, they've reached a point where they're way too good for the division they compete in.

now can you finally say that App would have man handled GVSU? I mean i know there is AGS but come on.

btw, i do believe that App State would have beaten NDSU last year.

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Kudos to the Mountaineers. I picked you all along. Now watch out for the other U of M.

Don't worry, NDSU will take care of them! ;) xthumbsupx

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
now can you finally say that App would have man handled GVSU? I mean i know there is AGS but come on.

btw, i do believe that App State would have beaten NDSU last year.

Yep, and they would do the same to NDSU or UND. xnodx

ekufbfan
September 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM
WAY TO GO APPY STATE!!!! Just at a EKU pregame party in Lexington before the EKU-uk game, everyone and I mean everyone was wild with the news of your win over the Wolverines! CONGRATULAIONS!! Celebrate for all of us!

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Don't worry, NDSU will take care of them! ;) xthumbsupx

xnonox

Fordham
September 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
wow, wow, wow.

Congrats to Appy St. Best non-Fordham win I could ever imagine. Just tremendous and thanks for doing FCS so proud. Just amazing.

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
xnonox

excuse me?
*and before this entire day is hijacked lets make this response go to the smack section, dave. i won't post back if posted back on here

JALMOND
September 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
I don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but this really is only one game. Yes it was a great win for App State and a great win for all of us even remotely associated with FCS who've been forcefed the bull about Michigan/Ohio State ever since last year. But we all still have the whole season left to play (and most teams at this point have not even finished their openers yet). A great win for ASU and a great feather in all of our caps. But it is still only the opening game of a long season. Before you crown ASU as champs (after beating Drake in the hypothetical FCS championship game after the first week), let's all calm down and see how the season turns out. With all that is going on, there's bound to be even more surprises by the end of the season.

Stang Fever
September 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
I don't mean to rain on everyone's parade, but this really is only one game. Yes it was a great win for App State and a great win for all of us even remotely associated with FCS who've been forcefed the bull about Michigan/Ohio State ever since last year. But we all still have the whole season left to play (and most teams at this point have not even finished their openers yet). A great win for ASU and a great feather in all of our caps. But it is still only the opening game of a long season. Before you crown ASU as champs (after beating Drake in the hypothetical FCS championship game after the first week), let's all calm down and see how the season turns out. With all that is going on, there's bound to be even more surprises by the end of the season.

FOR ONE you needed to wait at least another week to write that. WHY? its MICHIGAN the number 5 team in the NATION. so it deserves to be praised and cheer about.

Second, i believe just about all you said there, but there is a TIME and a PLACE for that argument. You got the correct PLACE but your TIME is off. Read comment above to tell you why.

HensRock
September 1st, 2007, 04:06 PM
The best thing about this win is that it was NOT a fluke!
Anyone watching or listening to that game must agree, the better team won today. I think the stats will bear that out as well although I have not seen any yet. Tremendous win App State

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
excuse me?
*and before this entire day is hijacked lets make this response go to the smack section, dave. i won't post back if posted back on here

I felt that your "Don't worry, NDSU will take care of them!" comment belonged in the smack section, which I why I responded the way I did.

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM
The best thing about this win is that it was NOT a fluke!
Anyone watching or listening to that game must agree, the better team won today. I think the stats will bear that out as well although I have not seen any yet. Tremendous win App State

I would never in a million years say that App. State is a better team than Michigan, but I would most definitely say they played a better game today than Michigan did.

CaBisonFan
September 1st, 2007, 04:14 PM
After watching ASU in the championship game last year, I'm not surprised by this at all. I don't see a fluke here, or a major, major upset. Both teams had their miscues and problems. I think that if ASU played Michigan again, the result would be one hell of a game again. Some of the upper tier FCS teams, in my opinion, will be able to play with almost any program...with the exception being some of the very elite teams, like Florida, USC, & LSU....to name a few. Way to go ASU.

JBB
September 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM
Much better team spead. ASU deserved the win. The crowd sounded loud, loud, loud on the Michigan broadcast. The announcers gave respect.

What a Win!!!!

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 04:15 PM
The goalposts at App came down and are now at the front door of Chancellor Peacock's house.

It's crazy right now. I'm so exhausted.

I hope Michigan wins out the rest of the way.

Eyes of Old Main
September 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
Can't wait to see if anyone give Appalachian any votes for the FBS Top 25 xnodx xbowx , and also how far Michigan falls xeekx .

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM
I felt that your "Don't worry, NDSU will take care of them!" comment belonged in the smack section, which I why I responded the way I did.

well if you didn't understand it then i will explain it now. When i reponded to U of M i meant not the University of Montana or App themselves!! I meant the fellow big ten member the University of MINNESOTA. I did that knowing the Griz poster was talking about montana. xpeacex xpeacex

CID1990
September 1st, 2007, 04:20 PM
I don't think anybody expected this. I saw predictions of 35-14 and people were skeptic they'd even hang that much (myself included)...this is just unbelievable. On top of the W, you get a big fat paycheck to boot. Does ASU's HC have a statue of himself already?

EXCUSE ME?

All I can say is….

I TOLD YOU SO!

Refer back to my earlier post on the ASU vs. UM thread to see what I said. I was POO-POO'ed by even Appy fans. I always knew they had a chance, because I have seen The Citadel upset 4 different I-A (now FBS) teams and the common thread in all of those games was that the favored team totally OVERLOOKED us, just like I predicted that UM would overlook ASU.

Congratulations to Appalachian State. I was at USC in 1991, and I was at Arkansas in 1992 (not to mention Navy and Army), and I can tell you that you should savor this... drink it in, enjoy it, because you will always remember this feeling. It is the greatest feeling in the world to know that NOBODY can say anything now or in the future that would diminish the fact that YOU have made a statement to those sports 'experts' and prognositcators who think that all else is an afterthought to the FBS.Your team has done us ALL proud!

After The Citadel, App State has always had a special place in my heart as I am a native North Carolinian, and Boone has always been my second home.

BTW- I also predicted that The Citadel would win by 21. I will be taking checks for next week's predictions. Just make them out to me for $500 and I will tell you what to tell your bookie.

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM
This wasn't an upset based on seeing these two teams. Appalachian State was the better team today.

As said by Lou Holtz himself.

DaveK
September 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM
After watching ASU in the championship game last year, I'm not surprised by this at all. I don't see a fluke here, or a major, major upset. Both teams had their miscues and problems. I think that if ASU played Michigan again, the result would be one hell of a game again. Some of the upper tier FCS teams, in my opinion, will be able to play with almost any program...with the exception being some of the very elite teams, like Florida, USC, & LSU....to name a few. Way to go ASU.

I think that Michigan (based on their #5 ranking) was considered to be among the likes of Florida and USC. We now realize they were vastly overrated in the preseason polls.

JBB
September 1st, 2007, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by DaveK

Well then... I guess we're going to find out just how much of a difference there is between these two different levels of football. I suspect these games will not be as close as the UND/UNI game was last year, but time will tell. If either App. State or Youngstown should prove me wrong, I will have earned a big plate of crow to eat. Should they both get massacred, then I think a lot of people will owe me an apology for all the hostility in regards to my view of D1 and D1-AA.

Well Genius start eating. xcoolx

ASU did our division proud. They broke down a lot of walls and turned a lot of heads. It was a great game to listen to. It echoed across the land! What a Win.

mainejeff
Congrats to Appalachian State and their fans! What a historic win.....you've set the bar insanely high for the rest of us.....xeekx xeekx xeekx

DaveK
well if you didn't understand it then i will explain it now. When i reponded to U of M i meant not the University of Montana or App themselves!! I meant the fellow big ten member the University of MINNESOTA. I did that knowing the Griz poster was talking about montana. xpeacex xpeacex

Which is EXACTLY why I felt that it belonged in the smack section. If I thought you were referring to Montana I would not have responded.

ngineer
September 1st, 2007, 04:39 PM
Way to go Mountaineers! What a huge, historic win. As was posted on another thread a week or so ago, you could sense over confidence and the Wolverines looking past ASU..Never, ever take any opponent lightly. Especially one who has the weapons to knock your head off! Mountaineers will now have a huge bulls eye on them--if one could be bigger from last year! Also, will be very important for the ASU coaches to get the team to realize the same thing could happen to them. Toughest thing in coaching is the mental preparation of the team. Way to go!.xthumbsupx

trusty
September 1st, 2007, 04:42 PM
The goalposts at App came down and are now at the front door of Chancellor Peacock's house.

It's crazy right now. I'm so exhausted.

Great win Appt State. Congrads, enjoy the win.xbowx

YaleFootballFan
September 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM

I'd hate to be their opponent next week!

xeekx

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 05:00 PM
http://loganfiles.com/pre/WOL_57.jpg

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
Armanti Edwards is nominated for ESPN All-American player of the week.

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 05:06 PM

Congrats to Armanti xthumbsupx

saint0917
September 1st, 2007, 05:12 PM
xbowx Congrats to Appy St. Great win xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AppStateSVX
September 1st, 2007, 05:15 PM

and he deserves every bit of it!!! wooot!!!!

i'm still shocked.:D

YSUalum
September 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM
Congrats Appy.....

It is not as big of an upset as people think. We watched you last year, knew you had a lot of folks back.

Michigan may be, perenially, the most overrated team in the country with an absolute joke for a coach.

Appy is on a roll. They would give any number of 1A teams a run for the money. Maybe they could not keep up for a 10 game stretch, but 1 game, 1 shot... This proves it.....

Congrats again Appy.

YSUalum

Pitbull
September 1st, 2007, 05:45 PM
WAY TO GO APP ST !!!!! YOU GUYS GIVE HOPE TO ALL THE I-AA TEAMS OUT THERE...I JUST WISH WE HAD THAT SAME SHOWING TODAY IN COLORADO....CONGRATS AGAIN !!!!

CarolinaGirl
September 1st, 2007, 05:56 PM
APP ST. ROCKED THE (BIG) HOUSE TODAY!! YOU GOT THE ATTENTION OF THE ENTIRE COLLEGE FOOTBALL WORLD. ESPN RADIO COULDN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT THE GAME ALL AFTERNOON. AWESOME GAME! xthumbsupx

buckp
September 1st, 2007, 06:05 PM
Headed back to The Hole for the McNeese game....just had to stop in and say:

CONGRATS APP STATE!!!!

You've done FCS good. xbowx

HaveFunKc
September 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Just got in from the game. The Big House was incredible (109,218 fans)! The game was even better!! Was this a big win? APP-solutely! One of the best wins in our history (does not top the National Championships), but one win a season it does not make. As Coach Moore would even attest...

Let's stay focused. Who's next?

bandit
September 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM
way to go App. State!

I gotta say, I predicted in one of the threads on here that I thought App. State had a real chance against Michigan. I mentioned that Ball State played them well up there last year, and that App. State is at least as good as Ball State, and that the Big 10 is overrated as a league.

I'm really happy for App State's players and fans. Great moment for all of FCS football.

BTW - has anyone else noticed how much trouble the ESPN guys are having with the whole FCS name? I'm thinking a return to 1-A/1-AA will happen eventually.

blukeys
September 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
Congrats App. State!!!!!!!!!

You did us all proud.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

EmeryZach
September 1st, 2007, 06:44 PM
Lou Holtz has been saying that this wasn't an upset at all and that App State was clearly the better team. Way to go App

keydet71
September 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM
Congratulations....awesome victory!!!!

xthumbsupx

xbeerchugx

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Some quick shots of Boone

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/DSCN0076-1.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/DSCN0080-1.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/DSCN0081-1.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/DSCN0079-1.jpg

YOsef
September 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM
WOOT! WHAT A DAY FOR APPALACHIAN AND FCS FOOTBALL!

NDSUFREAK
September 1st, 2007, 06:54 PM
Great shots, T. +++++++++++

mountain man
September 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
Great exposure for the school. I have heard more comments and kudos about Appalachian on national shows in the last 3 hours than I have in the last 20 years combined!

Minuteman87
September 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
When the PA guy at the UMass/HC game announced the final score, the UMass side of the field erupted in cheers (one of the few things we had to cheer about in the 2nd half).

A good day for all FCS. A GREAT day for App. State. Congrats

Baldy
September 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM
It's even on the cover of Drudge.....in RED.
www.drudgereport.com

Too bad it says "2nd tier", tho.

Cap'n Cat
September 1st, 2007, 07:18 PM
App State - what a day for you and FCS!!!!

Word out of Montana, though, is that the Griz woulda beat Michigan by 6 or more, not just 2!xrolleyesx

;) ;) ;) ;)

Now that 2005 championship win seems a little more legit to The Cap'n!!!!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Jerbearasu
September 1st, 2007, 07:21 PM
App needs to stop scheduling these cupcake games and actually play some real teams... Anybody know if the Indy Colts have an open week? In all seriousness; it was a great game. It seemed to me that Michigan was talking more about the miscues they had than about how App played. That kinda peeved me off because when you think about it App had bigger miscues with Quick dropping a sure TD pass and we settled for a FG and then a missed FG off the post a series later. That was my only negative thoughts on the post game remarks.

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 07:32 PM
This made me laugh. We're like George Mason of college football. Everyone cheers for us except hte team we play.

Penn State fans watch the ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4nQ9_Z9D1w)

appheel
September 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
It seemed to me that Michigan was talking more about the miscues they had than about how App played. That kinda peeved me off because when you think about it App had bigger miscues with Quick dropping a sure TD pass and we settled for a FG and then a missed FG off the post a series later. That was my only negative thoughts on the post game remarks.

I completely agree with that. All the ESPN announcers (as well as Lloyd Carr) are talking about the mistakes and missed opportunities that UM had, but ASU had a very poor 2nd half offensively, apart from that final drive. Armanti threw 2 big interceptions, and we could barely get a first down. Also, the defense really appeared to be getting fatigued. Hart was getting atleast 5 yards each carry during Michigan's scoring drives.

Everyone thought it would take a perfect game from App to pull this off, but we were far from perfect. Somehow that makes this win all the more sweet.

lizrdgizrd
September 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
I completely agree with that. All the ESPN announcers (as well as Lloyd Carr) are talking about the mistakes and missed opportunities that UM had, but ASU had a very poor 2nd half offensively, apart from that final drive. Armanti threw 2 big interceptions, and we could barely get a first down. Also, the defense really appeared to be getting fatigued. Hart was getting atleast 5 yards each carry during Michigan's scoring drives.

Everyone thought it would take a perfect game from App to pull this off, but we were far from perfect. Somehow that makes this win all the more sweet.
You're right, that was far from a perfect 2nd half from App. It's nice to see we can overcome mental lapses down the stretch. xnodx

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
Did a quick Facebook check.

5 new "Fire Lloyd Carr groups"
15 new "APP BEAT MICHIGAN" groups
10 new "Michigan REALLY sucks" groups
and a group of Michigan State fans for Appalachian State. I imagine there will be more.

JBB
September 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
The legend is born. Greatest win and a team for the ages. ASU is a bone-a-fide dynasty. Greatest FCS team ever? Biggest FCS win ever for sure.

The ASU run isnt over yet. How far will this dynasty go!

proasu89
September 1st, 2007, 08:23 PM
The legend is born. Greatest win and a team for the ages. ASU is a bone-a-fide dynasty. Greatest FCS team ever? Biggest FCS win ever for sure.

The ASU run isnt over yet. How far will this dynasty go!

Somebody let Holly Hunter knowxlolx

bisonguy
September 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
'Where is Appalachian State located?' was just the AFLAC trivia question for the Cal/Tennessee game on ABC.

Of course, spending so much time on AGS, I knew the answer was Boone, NC. xthumbsupx

Congrats to ASU on a great victory, and changing some views on FCS!

Mich Griz
September 1st, 2007, 08:47 PM
I thought it was awesome in the post game interview when coach Moore said it was a big win but didn't compare to winning the national title. A title beats a bowl game for sure.

YOsef
September 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
Anyone heard anything from Herbstriet lately... haha

Gil Dobie
September 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
The Big Ten half-time crew is saying it's just as much App St winning as Michigan losing. Giving Appy lots of credit.

CoastalFan2005
September 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM
And of course, the only "Top Play" nominee from this game on SportsCenter was Mike Hart's 54-yd. TD run. xnonono2x

E$PN shows their unbreakable bias once again.

BillLuc1982
September 1st, 2007, 10:42 PM
Congrats to ASU! Shows that they truly are shoo-ins for 3-peat.

Peems
September 1st, 2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks to App. St Brent Musberger(Montana born), during the Cal/Tenn game. brings up coach Hauck and his post game comments about ASU. Brent says that Missoula has a good program up there and Coach Hauck thinks ASU is the best in the CS. So congrats to App. thanks to you the Griz get some national coverage!!! xthumbsupx

kardplayer
September 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM
Congrats to the Mountaineers for the huge win! I had to leave for a wedding right after Hart's big TD run, but fortunately I had friends calling me up since they know I'm an FCS fan...

travelinman67
September 1st, 2007, 11:25 PM
I've been pumping Appy to a lot of people for the past week...said the game would be a litmus test for Michigan, and that Appy could take them.

Everyone thought I was crazy.

Was at the UCD game watching them get humiliated by Western Washington when my phone rang...

Yelled it out at the top of my lungs.

Lloyd Carr tries to take a knee in the press conference saying Michigan screwed up. Read the same on a Wolverines fan site...thereby implying Appy wasn't that good.

Then it strikes me...

Lloyd Carr, and the Wolverine fans are crazy.

Absolutely fantastic win. Can't speak for anyone else, but I think it's fair to say every AGS member is immensely proud of the Mountaineers, heading up to Ann Arbor and giving it to Michigan in their own house.

WAY TO GO, APPY!!!!

T-Dog
September 1st, 2007, 11:31 PM
Turn on ESPN College Gameday right now. They'll be showing the team returning with thousands of App fans welcoming them back like....conquering heroes. :D

EDIT: After the break in about 120 seconds. They had a teaser before commercials.

Cap'n Cat
September 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM
I've been pumping Appy to a lot of people for the past week...said the game would be a litmus test for Michigan, and that Appy could take them.

Was at the UCD game watching them get humiliated by Western Washington when my phone rang...

Yelled it out at the top of my lungs.

Lloyd Carr tries to take a knee in the press conference saying Michigan screwed up. Read the same on a Wolverines fan site...thereby implying Appy wasn't that good.

Then it strikes me...

Lloyd Carr, and the Wolverine fans are crazy.

Absolutely fantastic win. Can't speak for anyone else, but I think it's fair to say every AGS member is immensely proud of the Mountaineers, heading up to Ann Arbor and giving it to Michigan in their own house.

WAY TO GO, APPY!!!!

This is so cool, I even like YOU right now, travelerdude.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

BIGGEST thing to ever happen to I-AA/FCS!

SuperJon
September 1st, 2007, 11:56 PM
We were pulling for App today, and I love what App did. (My next comments to not discredit what App did because nothing can discredit that). However, my homerism must point out that App is not the first FCS team to beat a ranked FBS team. In 1989 Liberty beat #19 ranked Eastern Michigan.

With that being said, this win was the biggest win in FCS history. App should be ranked #15 in FBS next week.

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2007, 12:15 AM
Goalposts at App 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-1MOFOYolw)
Goalposts at App 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KakBd24JBE)
Columbus loves App (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0jePmKPEM0)
App fans at the Big House on the final play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFxzAp1Lf8)

Mountaineer
September 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM
Some photos from tonight's celebration. Apologies for the quality. My camera was losing battery power - limited or no flash.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6519/03ip5.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/177/04ff3.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4144/05cj7.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2295/06hc1.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4568/08hi9.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2561/09ws7.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/944/10cv2.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5361/11sc4.jpg

Mountaineer
September 2nd, 2007, 12:28 AM
A few more.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6755/12qk3.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1993/13mf9.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4051/14it4.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/3705/17kw2.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4268/18cz4.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9093/19ys9.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4593/20ly5.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3308/21cq2.jpg

Peems
September 2nd, 2007, 12:38 AM
Did the whole town poor into the streets? Also just saw on College Gameday, they gave Armanti Edwards one of their "coveted" helmet stickers. Mad props Armanti

Peems
September 2nd, 2007, 12:41 AM
Goalposts at App 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-1MOFOYolw)
Goalposts at App 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KakBd24JBE)
Columbus loves App (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0jePmKPEM0)
App fans at the Big House on the final play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDFxzAp1Lf8)

xlolx. that one of the fans at the Big House is priceless. You hear 100,000 "moans" and just those 4 or so App fans huddled together screaming like crazy, and then the little kid "we just beat Michigan!!!" aah classic

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2007, 12:44 AM
Did the whole town poor into the streets? Also just saw on College Gameday, they gave Armanti Edwards one of their "coveted" helmet stickers. Mad props Armanti

They didn't even have an App helmet so they used their College Gameday helmet. xlolx

Mountaineer
September 2nd, 2007, 12:45 AM
Did the whole town poor into the streets?

That was this afternoon. xlolx xthumbsupx

Some good photos of that (and the goalposts) can be found here:

http://blueridgeblog.blogs.com/blue_ridge_blog/2007/09/appalachian-sta.html

And here:

http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1323&Itemid=1

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2007, 12:49 AM
Sportscenter anchor just mentioned we tore down the goalposts and put it on the Chancellors yard.

And then they quoted "an App State student" and repeated it "I go to the best college in the world."

Peems
September 2nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
That was this afternoon. xlolx xthumbsupx

Some good photos of that (and the goalposts) can be found here:

http://blueridgeblog.blogs.com/blue_ridge_blog/2007/09/appalachian-sta.html

And here:

http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1323&Itemid=1

Man, I guess they tear the goalposts down for anything these days in Boone, huh?xrolleyesxxsmiley_wix

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2007, 12:57 AM
Man, I guess they tear the goalposts down for anything these days in Boone, huh?xrolleyesxxsmiley_wix

I don't know if you noticed, but this is kind of a big deal. xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

All jokes aside, this is the ONLY reason that we should have torn down the goalpost this year. Even if we win the semifinals. We've been there before. We should act like it.

However, for this, NO ONE has ever "been there before" and we did what we did best.

And I must say, being in this procession, we only caused minimal damage (a couple lightpoles and a scratch or two on the cars) and no one got arrested and no one got seriously hurt (one guy had the posts fall on him going up the stairs, but thankfully he's okay).

AggieFinn
September 2nd, 2007, 01:07 AM
YES!!! I am so excited to see the Appys stick it to the Big Bad Wolv in the Big House!!! You guys just made everyone in this entire country look to FCS for an answer that may not have previously been there. While my Ags lost to Western Washington, it goes to show that a good game plan, a lot of heart, and fundamental execution go further than any program's reputation or size. Congrats to the twice defending FCS champs!!!

The day belongs to the Mountaineers!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_LnLiv99Ys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_LnLiv99Ys)

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2007, 01:11 AM
One of the local stores (I forgot which) are selling some brand spanking new wear. I saw a few of them worn tonight.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/n29715898_33041756_5843.jpg

$15 bucks a pop. Definately worth it.

P.S. Someone link this to all the Buckeye forums. We'll make millions.

Peems
September 2nd, 2007, 01:18 AM
i would buy one. can they be bought online?

T-Dog
September 2nd, 2007, 01:53 AM
It's......beautiful xnodx

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/n500030627_250705_895.jpg

T-Dog
September 3rd, 2007, 06:39 PM
Anyone like my new t-shirt?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/DSCN0082-1-1.jpg

And I saw this on MMB.

The owner of Appalachian Tees was interviewed live on WXII-TV News at 6PM. He said he's been swamped with T-shirt orders from all over the world. According to him, one of the first "out-of-town" orders came from football fans in Missoula, Montana, of all places...home of The Griz.

Okay, show yourself. xsmiley_wix

And word is that 2,000 Ohio State fans have already bought App shirts.

(I know, I'm bumping an old thread, but I really didn't feel like starting another new one)