PDA

View Full Version : Albany at Colgate

aceinthehole
September 1st, 2007, 01:41 PM
Albany -11
'Gate - 10
HALFTIME

----
Seems Colgate ran the opening kickoff 87 yards to the lLbany 4. On the next play they rsuhed for a 4yrd TD.

Albany then went 3 and out and had an 8yrd shank put. Colgate hit a 36-yard FG.

Since then all ALBANY DEFENSE. UA has a safety and 3 FGs.

Colgate has just 40 yards of offense for the first half. Colgate is 1 for 7 on 3rd down conversions (14%) and 0-2 on 4th down conversions (0%).

Seawolf97
September 1st, 2007, 01:45 PM
Kind of what everyone expected from the Great Danes

TheValleyRaider
September 1st, 2007, 01:45 PM
I've been going slightly crazy on the updates in the score thread. :)

Albany has been very solid defensively today. Getting great pressure on the O-Line and generally being very disruptive. Making things very tough on a first-time starting QB. Hopefully we can better establish the O and get some points and pull this one out.

aceinthehole
September 1st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Albany has been very solid defensively today. Getting great pressure on the O-Line and generally being very disruptive. Making things very tough on a first-time starting QB. Hopefully we can better establish the O and get some points and pull this one out.

Opps, I didn't read that thread.

How well is UA moving the ball themselves? They are not an offensive juggernaut, so this is still a winnable game for either team.

aceinthehole
September 1st, 2007, 01:49 PM

Oops, I didn't read that thread.

How well is UA moving the ball themselves? They are not an offensive juggernaut, so this is still a winnable game for either team.

Dane96
September 1st, 2007, 01:51 PM
Suprisingly...putting the ball up alot....Vinny has a nice arm. 11-19 for 90

Dane96
September 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM
Special teams are killing albany from the punting and kickoff dept. Gate has the ball inside the UA 15 on a botched long snap.

Seawolf97
September 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM
Another wild one in Michigan- App St up by 5 over Michigan 31 -26

Dane96
September 1st, 2007, 01:55 PM
Different thread thank you.

Dane96
September 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM
UA had a great kicking day until now. Fralicker misses a chip...wow

colgate13
September 1st, 2007, 03:07 PM
Colgate wins, 13-11. Whew. Good game Danes.

First NEC win too.

Scott rushes for 180 (out of 183 yards total!) yards on 44 rushes. We have QB issues though. I think it's a shake up next week at that spot. Scott can't do that against UMass - or a bunch of teams on the schedule.

aceinthehole
September 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM
What happened in the 2nd half?

I thought Albany was in control.

RMU loses to Dayton also. The NEC is not off to a great start, we have just 2 sub-DI wins.

colgate13
September 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM
We held on to the ball and Albany missed field goals. I didn't hear the whole thing.

FWIW, the last two times that Colgate won an opener under Biddle, was in 1999 (10-1 season) and 2003. Fingers crossed for the same magic!

JoltinJoe
September 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
We held on to the ball and Albany missed field goals. I didn't hear the whole thing.

FWIW, the last two times that Colgate won an opener under Biddle, was in 1999 (10-1 season) and 2003. Fingers crossed for the same magic!

Congrats to Colgate. Fordham has Albany next. Hope you can give us some insight on what to expect.

colgate13
September 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM
Congrats to Colgate. Fordham has Albany next. Hope you can give us some insight on what to expect.

Good defense... and a team that goes for it on 4th down instead of kicking the field goal.

Fordham
September 1st, 2007, 03:58 PM
Congrats Gate fans and it looks another very tough Dane team to contend with next week for us. Add in the dimension of the two HC's knowing each other so well and this should be interesting.

umassfan
September 1st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Hope your ready for a much better offense next week...

TheValleyRaider
September 1st, 2007, 10:46 PM
Solid effort from Albany. Their offense and defense do not have much to hang their heads about today. Their D-line was constantly getting penetration and causing disruption in the backfield. Esposito looks like a solid QB, and Bocanegra had a good game at Wideout. You'll be a tough team for anyone to face going forward.

Good luck the rest of the way xthumbsupx

colgate13
September 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM
Hope your read for a much better offense next week...
I'm assuming you left a 'y' off that 'read' and meant ready...

Whatever. Umass should be the favorite and Colgate will come to play. Personally, I think if we see the debut of Charlie Babb at QB we've got a shot. And our defense isn't too bad.

I guess that's why they play the game.

TheValleyRaider
September 1st, 2007, 11:01 PM
Hope your read for a much better offense next week...

This just in, Tim Day was picked off again

downbythebeach
September 1st, 2007, 11:22 PM
What happened in the 2nd half?

I thought Albany was in control.

RMU loses to Dayton also. The NEC is not off to a great start, we have just 2 sub-DI wins.

We've came a long way.....a few years ago close loses to Colgate, Maine, and Towson as well as Dayton would have been moral victories........UMaine used to kill NEC teams by 70, not by 7.

and maybe the best NEC team had the week off............;)

umassfan
September 2nd, 2007, 01:22 AM
This just in, Tim Day was picked off again

Too bad for you... Coen is 1000000000 times better then Tim Day. Good luck finding a qb for next week whos willing to take a beating by our DL and LBers. Hell David Burris had 3 sacks by himself today.

danefan
September 2nd, 2007, 07:25 AM
Just what we expected. a bad offense. worst rushing performance by a UA squad in recent memory. I expect that to get ironed out soon enough though.

the last indian
September 2nd, 2007, 07:36 AM
Colgate's Defense played a great game against a very big UA O line. Quickness won this one.

Gater
September 2nd, 2007, 09:10 AM
um assfan, why are you always so hostile towards Colgate?

colgate13
September 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM
um assfan, why are you always so hostile towards Colgate?
There's no love lost between him and Colgate (and me). It all goes back to 2003. He still thinks they were robbed.

Like I said. Umass is the favorite. Colgate will come to play. It's at Andy Kerr. We'll see what happens.

FWIW, Babb at QB could be interesting if Relph can't get things going. I want to see Babb.

TheValleyRaider
September 2nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
We'll see if the Minutemen are still "seeking their revenge" from '03 xrolleyesx

I thought Fucillo and Relph took a pretty solid beating this week from Albany. That's not a bad D they've got up there. Colgate usually seems to be significantly improved on some level in Week 2 from Week 1, so hopefully we see that this year xnodx

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
Congrats Gate fans and it looks another very tough Dane team to contend with next week for us. Add in the dimension of the two HC's knowing each other so well and this should be interesting.

Congrats to Colgate on breaking through in the opener. Next week will be tough but Colgate will show up and play their backsides off against a good UMass club. I think it will be a very good game.

Congrats as well to the Rams on a nice win over a 63-scholly CAA foe.