PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 Attendance

CHIP72
October 30th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Starting things off, a total of 2437 fans, including yours truly, attending Lafayette's come from behind 24-23 win over host Georgetown at Cooper Field.

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Starting things off, a total of 2437 fans, including yours truly, attending Lafayette's come from behind 24-23 win over host Georgetown at Cooper Field.

I was actually watching a bit of this game, Laffy seemed to crank up the power run game when needed

The Cats
October 30th, 2021, 06:11 PM
SoCon Week #9 home attendance 10-30-21

The Citadel

Chattanooga

VMI

Wofford

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2021, 06:17 PM
smallest crowd since 1967 in Newark, Delaware today announced at 8,391....estimates are there might of been 5,000 in seats

MSUWineGuy
October 30th, 2021, 08:25 PM
8,350ish at Missouri State. Smallest of the season by 4-5k. Our typical late season drop off, just bigger than normal.

uBear
October 30th, 2021, 08:29 PM
4,068 in Greeley today to see Nothern Colorado-Sac State.

A bit disappointing after the first three home games saw 5,400+ in attendance, but I expect the number to bounce right back next week when Montana comes to town.

Big Cats
October 30th, 2021, 09:18 PM
5,902 in the UNIdome to see UNI upset #3 Southern Illinois. Disappointing, because this rivalry game was always close to a sellout as few as 8 years ago.

caribbeanhen
October 30th, 2021, 09:33 PM
in person fcs college football is going the way of the dinosaur

Go Green
October 31st, 2021, 06:51 AM

A reported 14,000 at Harvard Stadium for Dartmouth's win yesterday. It didn't look like it from the streaming video. But because the weather was awful in the beginning of the game, I'll give Harvard a mulligan because that's *probably* what the attendance would have been on a halfway decent day.

SFA 93
October 31st, 2021, 07:02 AM
about 10,000 SFA vs ACU.

KPSUL
October 31st, 2021, 07:35 AM
6,341 tickets were distributed to watch the ineffectual UNH Wildcats lose to the mistake and turnover ridden Richmond Spiders 35-21 in continuous rain in Durham, NH.

CockyGeek
October 31st, 2021, 07:44 AM
13,907 at Burgess-Snow
6,000 actually there
75% left at halftime, including me. The casual fanbase has finally turned against this team.

CHIP72
October 31st, 2021, 07:45 AM
I was actually watching a bit of this game, Laffy seemed to crank up the power run game when needed

I think the key to this game was after a very fast start by Georgetown (dominated the first 14 minutes and jumped out to a 17-0 lead that could have been even bigger), Lafayette's defense stepped up and did a good job slowing down the Hoyas, especially the G-town running game. Georgetown's QB cooling off after an excellent start helped too, as did the Leopards' ability to control the clock in the 2nd half.

MR. CHICKEN
October 31st, 2021, 07:49 AM

.....WHILST....WALKIN' THRU DUH UD PARKIN' LOT.......CAME ACROSS UH CAR....WHIFF UTAH PLATES......DIS FAN/PARENT.....GETS.....MR. C's......FCS FAN UH YEAR......xlovex.....BRAWK!

....MAYBEAH 'CAUSE......ESPN/ESPN2/ESPN3/ESPN+........ABC/CBS/NBC........INFINITE......HOSTS UH STREAMERS......AWK!

Billnonymous
October 31st, 2021, 07:49 AM
21,029 came out to watch JMU pound Elon.

MR. CHICKEN
October 31st, 2021, 07:53 AM
21,029 came out to watch JMU pound Elon.

....YOU BRUTES.......SAVE SOME FO' MARSHALL...x406x....AWQ!

Sitting Bull
October 31st, 2021, 08:00 AM
CAA numbers

JMU. 21,029
Delaware. 8,391
UNH. 6,341
Villanova. 5,101
URI. 3,368
Towson. No info

POD Knows
October 31st, 2021, 09:38 AM
14383 in Fargo for the ISUb-NDSU game. Most gone by the 3rd quarter. The dome is going to have to have beer to keep people in the seats. It is tough for the largely alcoholic crowd to go over 3 hours without a fix. 😵

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2021, 09:55 AM
14383 in Fargo for the ISUb-NDSU game. Most gone by the 3rd quarter. The dome is going to have to have beer to keep people in the seats. It is tough for the largely alcoholic crowd to go over 3 hours without a fix. 

Yea, even the ancient Romans eventually tired of the Saturday slaughter’s

32 Oz drafts with portable urinals after halftime

walliver
October 31st, 2021, 10:37 AM
Two seasons in one year has hurt attendance at most FCS schools.

I think it might help if they eliminate media timeouts for ESPN+ games. With modern technology, they could easily time shift the broadcasts so that ESPN+ could show commercials, while in person fans could actually watch football.

I believe in person attendance is down at most levels of football. A football game is in many cases an all-day commitment.

Sader87
October 31st, 2021, 10:43 AM
Troubling #'s in general....are we 5-10 years or so away from these games being largely empty (all watching via streaming/TV)? Will many schools find that viable?

CockyGeek
October 31st, 2021, 11:27 AM
Every single FCS school with the exception of maybe NDSU is having to compete with an FBS team. Multiple people at the JSU game yesterday with Alabama, Auburn , Florida, Georgia and even Ole Miss gear on that left at halftime or earlier. Better production values, more popularity, and overall better talent make it hard for anybody other than alumni or parents to get excited about games.

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2021, 12:53 PM
Troubling #'s in general....are we 5-10 years or so away from these games being largely empty (all watching via streaming/TV)? Will many schools find that viable?

who want's to dig up the ESPN + streaming number for me?

each and every FCS game... haha

UAalum72
October 31st, 2021, 01:52 PM
CAA numbers

JMU. 21,029
Delaware. 8,391
UNH. 6,341
Villanova. 5,101
URI. 3,368
Towson. No info
Box score says Towson attendance 4,072

mvfcfan
October 31st, 2021, 01:53 PM
MVFC per ESPN
YSU- 9423
MSU- 8372
NDSU- Not reported, PodKnows says 14383
WIU- 2118
UNI- 5902

OVC per ESPN
SEMO- 3773
UTM- 2117
TSU- 8627

ASU33
October 31st, 2021, 01:55 PM

I think it might help if they eliminate media timeouts for ESPN+ games. With modern technology, they could easily time shift the broadcasts so that ESPN+ could show commercials, while in person fans could actually watch football.

I believe in person attendance is down at most levels of football. A football game is in many cases an all-day commitment.

I can't speak for any other conferences but attendance in the SWAC is up. Way up! Especially at Jackson State, FAMU, Southern and a few others.

POD Knows
October 31st, 2021, 01:57 PM
Yea, even the ancient Romans eventually tired of the Saturday slaughter’s

32 Oz drafts with portable urinals after halftime
I have seen plenty of people leave at the half when it is a one or two possession game.

Ivytalk
October 31st, 2021, 09:19 PM
A reported 14,000 at Harvard Stadium for Dartmouth's win yesterday. It didn't look like it from the streaming video. But because the weather was awful in the beginning of the game, I'll give Harvard a mulligan because that's *probably* what the attendance would have been on a halfway decent day.

14.110 to be exact. Every vote counts.

apaladin
November 1st, 2021, 12:14 AM
Every single FCS school with the exception of maybe NDSU is having to compete with an FBS team. Multiple people at the JSU game yesterday with Alabama, Auburn , Florida, Georgia and even Ole Miss gear on that left at halftime or earlier. Better production values, more popularity, and overall better talent make it hard for anybody other than alumni or parents to get excited about games.

Furman is within 35 miles of Clemson, and app. 100 miles from Georgia and South Carolina. It has been my experience over the years that those teams have zero effect on Furman attendance.

ASU33
November 1st, 2021, 06:12 AM
SWAC Attendance

Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Texas Southern
Attendance: 2,712

Grambling at Florida A&M
Attendance: 31,887

Jackson State at Mississippi Valley State
Attendance: 10,081

Alabama A&M at Alabama State (Magic City Classic)
Attendance: 28,096 (Lowest Classic crowd in 36 years)

Alcorn State at Southern
Attendance: 18,333

NY Crusader 2010
November 1st, 2021, 06:36 AM

We don't have this excuse in most of the Northeast. Fans weren't allowed at games during the spring season with exception of families of players and I believe whatever small number of students were still on campus. When Holy Cross played at Bucknell for the Patriot League Championship, they didn't even allow Holy Cross parents to attend the game.

caribbeanhen
November 1st, 2021, 07:47 AM
We don't have this excuse in most of the Northeast. Fans weren't allowed at games during the spring season with exception of families of players and I believe whatever small number of students were still on campus. When Holy Cross played at Bucknell for the Patriot League Championship, they didn't even allow Holy Cross parents to attend the game.

I agree with you on this and actually, not being able to attend games forces more and more to sign up for streaming services and more and more fans just stay home and watch on TV.... Afterall, football is a great TV Sport (only Flo can mess it up)

MR. CHICKEN
November 1st, 2021, 08:05 AM
I agree with you on this and actually, not being able to attend games forces more and more to sign up for streaming services and more and more fans just stay home and watch on TV.... Afterall, football is a great TV Sport (only Flo can mess it up)

....AH CALLED 'EM UP TA COMPLAIN.........DUH ASSOCIATE....SAID....."KISS MAH GRITS"............BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 1st, 2021, 11:20 AM
....AH CALLED 'EM UP TA COMPLAIN.........DUH ASSOCIATE....SAID....."KISS MAH GRITS"............BRAWK!

lol

the kiddies won’t have a clue

ngineer
November 1st, 2021, 07:36 PM
The 'official' attendance at Goodman for Holy Cross v. Lehigh was 3,211. NFW. I counted roughly 350 across the way in the East stands, and estimated about 750 on the 'home' side. If you included the media. staff. concessionaires (who must have taken a beating), there might have been 1,200 in the stadium. My guess is they included tickets sold as Lehigh sells about 2,000 season tickets of various means. With everything now available on the internet, unless people have a direct interest due to family member or close friend playing, they won't be bothered.

GAD
November 1st, 2021, 07:43 PM
I can't speak for any other conferences but attendance in the SWAC is up. Way up! Especially at Jackson State, FAMU, Southern and a few others.
FAMU and Jackson State should be great crowds.