PDA

View Full Version : So am I evil for still using "1-AA"?

Nyghtewynd
August 31st, 2007, 11:28 AM
I just can't do it. This whole FCS/FBS is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. One sounds nearly like the other, and I don't understand why the previous system needs to be fixed. I guess I'm just some old curmudgeon or something. :P

"Back in my day, we didn't *have* the FBS! We had the 1-AA! We played with a ball that was square and filled with sawdust! And we LIKED it! Now when's Matlock on?"

AZGrizFan
August 31st, 2007, 11:30 AM
I just can't do it. This whole FCS/FBS is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. One sounds nearly like the other, and I don't understand why the previous system needs to be fixed. I guess I'm just some old curmudgeon or something. :P

"Back in my day, we didn't *have* the FBS! We had the 1-AA! We played with a ball that was square and filled with sawdust! And we LIKED it! Now when's Matlock on?"

We have confirmation, people: Nyghtewynd is NOT Ralph. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

lassic
August 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
i like the use of 1A,1AA,II,III

FCS/FBS is meaningless to me

bluehenbillk
August 31st, 2007, 11:36 AM
I use 1-AA all the time. On a rare occasion I'll throw FCS out there but most of the time people don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

LarryBoy
August 31st, 2007, 11:39 AM
You're all evil for using "1-AA". "1-AA" never existed.

I won't judge you for using "I-AA," though.

henfan
August 31st, 2007, 11:51 AM
I just can't do it. This whole FCS/FBS is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Funny, they said the same thing about I-A/I-AA too back in the '70's. Give it time. The NCAA's only played a hand-full of games using the FBS/FCS titles.

UNHWildCats
August 31st, 2007, 12:02 PM

Whats 1-AA?

We have confirmation, people: Nyghtewynd is NOT Ralph. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

xlolx xlolx

i like the use of 1A,1AA,II,III

FCS/FBS is meaningless to me

How is it that you can manage the roman numerals for Div II and III yet cant manager to put the I on I-A and I-AA?

I use 1-AA all the time. On a rare occasion I'll throw FCS out there but most of the time people don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

I think casual usage by a fan is ok... heck i still call it the Winston Cup sometimes. But the media needs to use the name that it is.

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Funny, they said the same thing about I-A/I-AA too back in the '70's. Give it time. The NCAA's only played a hand-full of games using the FBS/FCS titles.

Agreed, it just takes time.

lassic
August 31st, 2007, 12:09 PM
How is it that you can manage the roman numerals for Div II and III yet cant manager to put the I on I-A and I-AA?

aint you clever

MarkCCU
August 31st, 2007, 12:14 PM
You're evil and must be destroyed..POST HASTE!

AZGrizFan
August 31st, 2007, 12:25 PM

LarryBoy, on the other hand, MAY be ralph. The jury is still out. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

LBPop
August 31st, 2007, 01:16 PM
The problem that I have had since the new designation is that when I reference the level of football that LBKid plays, I sound like I'm introducing Prince. It goes like this:

"He plays in the FCS Division, it's the Division formerly known as I-AA."

blukeys
August 31st, 2007, 01:34 PM
The problem that I have had since the new designation is that when I reference the level of football that LBKid plays, I sound like I'm introducing Prince. It goes like this:

Pop you are the best!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D xlolx xlolx xlolx :D :D xlolx :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

bigred
August 31st, 2007, 01:45 PM
A will call it "One Double Alpha"....OUT!

proasu89
August 31st, 2007, 02:09 PM

Reference the playoffs last year on ESPN/ESPN2 and remember how many times the "formerly known" comment was made.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 31st, 2007, 02:33 PM
IMO, we should be called "division I" while FBS is called "the bowl division"

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2007, 06:34 PM
I-AA, I'll still use it for 5 reasons:
1. 99% of the college football world (not on this message board) use it
2. I don't feel like having to explain it every time I'd get a blank stare after using FCS/FBS.
3. I'm kind of old school
4. To me FCS and FBS are retarded. :D
5. Media stil uses it (least reason)

NC Aggie
August 31st, 2007, 07:09 PM
I-AA, I'll still use it for 5 reasons:
1. 99% of the college football world (not on this message) use it
2. I don't feel like having to explain it every time I'd get a blank stare after using FCS/FBS.
3. I'm kind of old school
4. To me FCS and FBS are retarded. :D
5. Media stil uses it (least reason)

Agreed. Don't use FCS/FBS and you won't have to worry about 2. I can never remember the retarded new acronym anyway.

Of course I'm old school. I offend my kids when I refer to "thongs" as the things you wear on your feet in summer

rcny46
August 31st, 2007, 10:05 PM

Evil? Definitely not! Heck I can't seem to get away from it either,and find myself constantly referring to 1-AA;always will probably.

high priest
August 31st, 2007, 11:41 PM
Check out the schedule page on ESPN.com.

I-A schedules

I-AA schedules

All the nomenclature change did was take "Division I" out of FCS, the first phase in totally relegating the entire division to second-class status.

That is why it will always be "I-AA" to me.

bkrownd
September 1st, 2007, 01:15 AM
College Division Forever! (oops) <g>