PDA

View Full Version : First Night Game at Lafayette 9/1/07

Pards Rule
August 31st, 2007, 07:23 AM
I am really looking forward to it, but it is going to be weird. Decisions like do I eat dinner before or after the game? Remember to leave my sunglasses in the car, etc. I even booked a room at the Microtel so I dont have to arrive back home near midnight. Flying back from Atlanta today and go up tomorrow. The only negative is it chops up my Labor Day weekend at Long Beach Island, NJ.

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2007, 07:26 AM
I am really looking forward to it, but it is going to be weird. Decisions like do I eat dinner before or after the game? Remember to leave my sunglasses in the car, etc. I even booked a room at the Microtel so I dont have to arrive back home near midnight. Flying back from Atlanta today and go up tomorrow. The only negative is it chops up my Labor Day weekend at Long Beach Island, NJ.

I have to miss the first night game in program history to go to a wedding. Its my girlfirends friend who she barely even talks to, yet I am obligated to attend xmadx

Pards Rule
August 31st, 2007, 07:34 AM
I have to miss the first night game in program history to go to a wedding. Its my girlfirends friend who she barely even talks to, yet I am obligated to attend xmadx

GRRR...Who the hell gets married on such a historic night. BTW, not the first night game for the program (e.g., playoff vs. Delaware in 2004 to name one BUT the first home night game for the Pards)

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2007, 07:38 AM
GRRR...Who the hell gets married on such a historic night. BTW, not the first night game for the program (e.g., playoff vs. Delaware in 2004 to name one BUT the first home night game for the Pards)

Ya home game thats what I meant, I did lay down the law however and say we ARE going to Penn on the 15th no excuses!!!!

ngineer
August 31st, 2007, 08:13 AM

Not really, you guys played in the dark for a number years not too long ago!.;) Seriously, I'm looking forward to it and hope to make it up there to do some scouting...Hope the 'pards put on a good show.

Pard94
August 31st, 2007, 09:27 AM
There is going to be a fireworks show after the game...to recap...there will be a fireworks show after the first game under the lights in our new thirty million dollar facility. I wonder if Prince will be playing halftime.

SoCon48
August 31st, 2007, 10:02 AM

Yeah, I think when a guy has to miss his alma mater's opening game to attend a wedding, he should automatically get to bang the bride or at least the maid of honor.;)

LehighIn2007
August 31st, 2007, 10:06 AM
Don't trip and fall in the dark. I hope your annual game against Marist isn't too hard. Go Marist!

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I think when a guy has to miss his alma mater's opening game to attend a wedding, he should automatically get to bang the bride or at least the maid of honor.;)

I like this guy, I am showing this to the woman

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2007, 10:11 AM
Don't trip and fall in the dark. I hope your annual game against Marist isn't too hard. Go Marist!

Sorry we couldnt get VMI they were already booked xcoffeex

carney2
August 31st, 2007, 10:35 AM
My spousal unit actually believes that I will be accompanying her to a wedding on November 17th! There are no "rewards" so great (see previous posts in this thread) that this will happen.

A note to Mr. Tanks: you need to be more assertive and let her know NOW that there are priorities that cannot be trifled with. I remember a Colgate game back in the early 90s where this same monster reared its ugly head. I made a deal that I would skip the wedding, but show up later for some part of the reception. The fact that she would not talk to me for the next 4 or 5 days was just a bonus.

Calif_Colonial
August 31st, 2007, 10:40 AM
Good luck on opening night in 2007. You have a first class facility. I live in southern California but grew up in western Pennsylvania and of course go back to games at RMU and visit family and friends from school. I would like to one day attend a game at Lafayette, day or night. xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2007, 10:43 AM
My spousal unit actually believes that I will be accompanying her to a wedding on November 17th! There are no "rewards" so great (see previous posts in this thread) that this will happen.

A note to Mr. Tanks: you need to be more assertive and let her know NOW that there are priorities that cannot be trifled with. I remember a Colgate game back in the early 90s where this same monster reared its ugly head. I made a deal that I would skip the wedding, but show up later for some part of the reception. The fact that she would not talk to me for the next 4 or 5 days was just a bonus.

It's funny: last weekend, I learned of a wedding on November 17th of a beloved family member. Know what my wife says? "Well, we'll just have to go up to Bethlehem on Friday then, won't we?"

Now THAT'S a wife. xcoolx

65 Pard
August 31st, 2007, 11:24 AM
What's the over/under on attendance prediction

Won't be many Maristers there.....I make it around 8500 based on having absolutely no clue

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2007, 12:06 PM
What's the over/under on attendance prediction

Won't be many Maristers there.....I make it around 8500 based on having absolutely no clue

I saw an article online that the admin was passing out tickets to residents of college hill for the game. Considering its the first night game and pretty big deal, and we are actually doing some marketing for this (Also saw a pretty sweet commercial on TV last night) 8-10 k wouldnt be out of the question.

Go...gate
August 31st, 2007, 12:06 PM

Damn straight. NO wedding should EVER prevent ANYBODY from seeing COLGATE play!!!!! xsmiley_wix

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2007, 12:08 PM

Wow I thought I had it bad. I think I need to draw up a contract that states " I will not have to miss the Lafayette-Lehigh game under any circumstances"

Pards Rule
August 31st, 2007, 07:55 PM
Sorry we couldnt get VMI they were already booked xcoffeex

And AppState is in Ann Arbor

ngineer
August 31st, 2007, 09:56 PM
Wow I thought I had it bad. I think I need to draw up a contract that states " I will not have to miss the Lafayette-Lehigh game under any circumstances"

My wife and I started our honeymoon at Fisher Field in 1978..a 25-15 Lehigh win...So there have been fireworks at your stadium before tomorrow! We went directly from College Hill to JFK to St. Thomas...Now that's planning.xnodx

Pards Rule
September 1st, 2007, 07:53 AM
Yeah, infringing on Lafayette-Lehigh is grounds for divorce in my book!

bulldog10jw
September 1st, 2007, 08:43 AM
The problem with many wives is they think THEY are more important than football.xrolleyesx