244 yrds rushing

7 TD's

xbowx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbowx

GannonFan
August 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Omar is God.

blukeys
August 30th, 2007, 10:11 PM
You left off his receiving yards and the fact that he has his best games against JMU.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

YoUDeeMan
August 30th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Did JMU remember to disconnect their town's TVs and internet access?

If not, Lazotte should report immediately to his therapist.

JMU2004
August 30th, 2007, 10:17 PM
eh....Omar is amazing, but you run him like ya'll did tonight, and he is not likely to last the season.

UD looked great on O. The D is still suspect....

W&M is ok on O, god awful on D......that was once of the worst FCS defenses(aside from speedy D-ends) that I have seen since 2000.

Omar certainly stamped his Payton ticket tonight. He just has to stay healthy! xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
August 30th, 2007, 10:18 PM
player of the week and theres not really a damn thing anyone on saturday can do about it lol

UNHWildCats
August 30th, 2007, 10:21 PM
eh....Omar is amazing, but you run him like ya'll did tonight, and he is not likely to last the season.

UD looked great on O. The D is still suspect....

W&M is ok on O, god aweful on D......that was once of the worst FCS defenses(aside from speedy D-ends) that I have seen since 2000.

Omar certainly stamped his Payton ticket tonight. He just has to stay healthy! xthumbsupx

so we hand out the Payton award based on one game against what you called an awful defense xcoolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

While theres no much anyone can say about this weeks player of the game... Ricky Santos will have a lot to say about the Payton award.

JMU2004
August 30th, 2007, 10:23 PM
so we hand out the Payton award based on one game against what you called an awful defense xcoolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

While theres no much anyone can say about this weeks player of the game... Ricky Santos will have a lot to say about the Payton award.

man, relax............you've got your panties all in a wad. I meant he stamped his ticket tonight(meaning he legitimized his preseason hype). He will absolutley be in the final Payton ballot if he stays healthy. Santos will be there too........

A little uptight/defensive, are we?

Cobblestone
August 30th, 2007, 10:25 PM
OMG! That just isn't fair. I think we are in for a long afternoon on 9/15. :(

RadMann
August 30th, 2007, 10:31 PM
He's very protective of Santos ;)

89Hen
August 30th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Just got back from the game. It was the Omar Show. Holy cow. Kervin Michaud actually had a TD called back... so Omar scored it for him. I don't care how bad W&M's defense may be... 244 and 7 TDs xbowx xbowx xbowx

blukeys
August 30th, 2007, 10:48 PM
OMG! That just isn't fair. I think we are in for a long afternoon on 9/15. :(

Yes you will be!!Omar is for real!

blukeys
August 30th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Just got back from the game. It was the Omar Show. Holy cow. Kervin Michaud actually had a TD called back... so Omar scored it for him. I don't care how bad W&M's defense may be... 244 and 7 TDs xbowx xbowx xbowx

I thought Kervin had a great game. It was a shame his TD was called back as he did a great job.

I have been critical of Kervin in the past but his performance tonight was important to UD's win.

Tonight He did not drop a pass, he did a very good job on Kick returns and he subbed more than adequately for Omar as a RB. My hat is off to Kervin for an excellent effort in the UD win.

GP91HEN
August 30th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Omar and the offense looked very good tonight, but the D was subpar. The D ends broght good pressure, but no push up the middle. They also lost containment on the QB and let him scramble for time. The middle of the field was open for that 6'7" tight end all night.

The D is still a work in progress.

Henwatcher
August 30th, 2007, 11:04 PM
The young Hens secondary needs to improve quickly. However, as Keeler said in his postgame interviews, an 18 point road win in this league is big. We'll see in a few weeks if the Hens are ready to play the better teams in the CAA. Good luck to all.

FightinBlue
August 30th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Oh man!! What a show!!! But a long way to go? Here's to a great start!!

RadMann
August 30th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Below is the ESPN story on Cuff's performance and the game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272422729

WyomingGrizFan
August 30th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Congratulations on a big win tonight there Blue Hens. Opening up the regular season with a conference game is not easy. Wish to meet you sometime down the road this year. Wish ya luck in the rest of the season.

GeeWiz
August 31st, 2007, 02:19 AM
I just got home from a night of boozing and saw the UD/W&M score ...

... and Omar Cuff's performance!

Good Lord! xoopsx

That's sick. I watched the 1st quarter on CN 8 when UDee was up 7-3. W&M actually looked good offensively.

I thought it was kind of harsh to predict W&M to finish last in the CAA South, but after this defensive performance it's justified.

Col Hogan
August 31st, 2007, 05:56 AM
If you look at just the team stats comparison, one could think W&M either won or played an extremely close game...

Their offense did it's job...the Tribe defense did not...

Congrats UD...Cuff is for real...but the defense needs work...

th0m
August 31st, 2007, 05:57 AM
You left off his receiving yards and the fact that he has his best games against JMU.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

If Cuff gains more yards against JMU than he does against W&M this year, well, then it's gonna be a long day. Pulling up the stats from the last three years vs. JMU:

2004:
164yds on 34 carries, 0 TD in a loss for UD.

2005:
236yds on 39 carries, 4 TD in a win for UD.

2006:
DNP, the entire team had 20 rushing yds in a loss for UD.

Also, it's not like we are overlooking Cuff ;) Comparing W&M's D to our D is not really fair I'd say, but we haven't played a game yet this year so who knows.

bluehenbillk
August 31st, 2007, 07:11 AM
Omar looked awesome, combination of being so tough to actually bring down & being able to juke defenders out of their shoes. His ypc #'s would've been a lot higher if it wasn't for 1 yard TD runs. Michaud looked really good too & oh did I mention Flacco was 19 for 23?

89Hen
August 31st, 2007, 07:13 AM
Just got back from the game. It was the Omar Show. Holy cow...
Damn News Journal stole my headline this morning... :p

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070831/SPORTS07/708310369/1002/SPORTS

The Omar Cuff Show
UD running back scores 7 TDs in opening victory
By KEVIN TRESOLINI, The News Journal

andy7171
August 31st, 2007, 07:31 AM
SEVEN TOUCHDOWNS!

Flat out sick!

bandl
August 31st, 2007, 07:58 AM
So does this mean that if Cuff is injured and can't play, Delaware won't score another point the rest of the season? xconfusedx

ngineer
August 31st, 2007, 08:11 AM
That's an amazing season opening performance....just my opinion 'off the cuff'....;) Durability will be the only question. If he keeps healthy, Hens in for a good year.

ChickenMan
August 31st, 2007, 08:21 AM
So does this mean that if Cuff is injured and can't play, Delaware won't score another point the rest of the season? xconfusedx

No.. but JMU might be able to hold the Hen's offense under 40.. if Cuff doesn't play... :p

th0m
August 31st, 2007, 08:29 AM
No.. but JMU might be able to hold the Hen's offense under 40.. if Cuff doesn't play... :p

It's funny, because you all keep bragging how Cuff tears up JMU - and he does - but he still only won one game vs. us.

bandl
August 31st, 2007, 08:30 AM

They've held UD to under 40 the last 8 times they've played, so I don't think that will be the issue! xlolx xlolx

And if Omar doesn't play against JMU this season...look for another whoopin' like last season. :p

ChickenMan
August 31st, 2007, 08:41 AM
And if Omar doesn't play against JMU this season...look for another whoopin' like last season. :p

Don't think so.. in addition to Cuff.. we have Joe Flacco.. who's your QB.. Landers??? Good luck.. :p

th0m
August 31st, 2007, 08:43 AM
Oh yeah Flacco. Didn't you have him last year as well? Yeah he was pretty prolific against us, throwing 291 yds, 29 for 43. Oh but what's this? You still lost!

bandl
August 31st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Don't think so.. in addition to Cuff.. we have Joe Flacco.. who's your QB.. Landers??? Good luck.. :p

Who was our QB in '04? Some shmuck named Rascati? That no-talent unproven no-name worked out pretty well, didn't he??? ;)

How did Flacco do in '06? He was pretty good from what I recollect...almost 3,000 yards, almost 20 TD's? But that doesn't matter if you lose to such juggernauts as Albany, Northeastern, Towson and Villanova. xsmiley_wix

mikebigg

Yeah, but I bet he didn't work the concession standsxlolx

Seriously...that was a helluva performance. I didn't get to see the game, but 244 and 7 are both impressive numbers individually. Together they are AWESOME! Props to Cuff...xthumbsupx

ChickenMan
Oh yeah Flacco. Didn't you have him last year as well? Yeah he was pretty prolific against us, throwing 291 yds, 29 for 43. Oh but what's this? You still lost!

Last year was last year and it won't help you much when you get to Newark this November.. but if dreaming of the past makes you feel better.. why not go back to '04... :D

ChickenMan
August 31st, 2007, 08:50 AM
But that doesn't matter if you lose to such juggernauts as Albany, Northeastern, Towson and Villanova. xsmiley_wix

Again...

Last year was last year and it won't help you much when you get to Newark this November.. but if dreaming of the past makes you feel better.. why not go back to '04...

:p

Ivytalk
August 31st, 2007, 08:51 AM
My hat's off to Omar for an outstanding game. Hope he stays healthy!xprayx The Hens could wear out the scoreboard at Tubby Raymond Field this year.

bandl
August 31st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Last year was last year and it won't help you much when you get to Newark this November.. but if dreaming of the past makes you feel better.. why not go back to '04... :D

At least we've made it to the playoffs since '04... ;) But I know, I know..last year was last year...and so was the year before that... xrotatehx

Oy....there's along way to go until the JMU/UD game...that's alot of smack xlolx xlolx xlolx

ChickenMan
August 31st, 2007, 09:01 AM
At least we've made it to the playoffs since '04... ;) But I know, I know..last year was last year...and so was the year before that... xrotatehx

Oy....there's along way to go until the JMU/UD game...that's alot of smack xlolx xlolx xlolx

Hopefully the game in November will mean a lot for both schools.. but a LOT.. both good and bad can and probably will happen prior to Nov 3rd.

bandl
August 31st, 2007, 09:08 AM
Hopefully the game in November will mean a lot for both schools.. but a LOT.. both good and bad can and probably will happen prior to Nov 3rd.

Yet to be seen...as you said, we have Landers who we don't know much about. I've heard, read, and seen in practice and a few plays last year, that Landers is an even better scrambler than Rascati was, which will fit in quite well with JMU's run-offense.

And we all knew before this season that Omar Cuff at full strength in '07 was going to be a force to reckon with. No offense to Margaret & Dick, but they are not a very good team (in fact, they are horrible) so I'll wait a few weeks before giving Omar TOO much credit. Although not taking away the 7 TD's and 200+ yards...that's mighty impressive.

I think UD will be 6-2 (assuming they finally get over that hurdle known as Towson) when they meet up with JMU. And I think JMU will have the same record, assuming a loss to UNC (who I think JMU has a chance to beat) and probably a stumble against UNH, Villanova or Richmond (although I also think Richmond is not a very good team this year, and JMU will not overlook Villy like they did last year). So yes...I think the JMU/UD game will be HUGE come November!!! xnodx xnodx

Tribe4SF
August 31st, 2007, 09:21 AM
Cuff is Cuff, and we've all known that if he recovered fully from the ankle, he would again be one of the top RBs in FCS. The bigger story to me was the Delaware offensive line, which was completely dominant. They will allow the Hens skill players to rise to another level this year if they continue to play as they did last night.

Since '04 has been recalled, let me say that they are reminiscent of that great JMU line that took the Dukes to the title that year.

UDs defense ran into a rejuvenated Tribe attack, and a QB who played an outstanding game in Jake Phillips. The jury is still out on them, but they showed signs of being a much better unit. If they are, then Delaware looks like a top 10 team to me.

ChickenMan
August 31st, 2007, 09:38 AM
UDs defense ran into a rejuvenated Tribe attack, and a QB who played an outstanding game in Jake Phillips. The jury is still out on them, but they showed signs of being a much better unit. If they are, then Delaware looks like a top 10 team to me.

Phillips played a 'great' game last night.. if he plays at that level all season.. W&M's offense will be very productive.

SoCon48
August 31st, 2007, 09:57 AM
Yet to be seen...as you said, we have Landers who we don't know much about. I've heard, read, and seen in practice and a few plays last year, that Landers is an even better scrambler than Rascati was, which will fit in quite well with JMU's run-offense.

And we all knew before this season that Omar Cuff at full strength in '07 was going to be a force to reckon with. No offense to Margaret & Dick, but they are not a very good team (in fact, they are horrible) so I'll wait a few weeks before giving Omar TOO much credit. Although not taking away the 7 TD's and 200+ yards...that's mighty impressive.

I think UD will be 6-2 (assuming they finally get over that hurdle known as Towson) when they meet up with JMU. And I think JMU will have the same record, assuming a loss to UNC (who I think JMU has a chance to beat) and probably a stumble against UNH, Villanova or Richmond (although I also think Richmond is not a very good team this year, and JMU will not overlook Villy like they did last year). So yes...I think the JMU/UD game will be HUGE come November!!! xnodx xnodx

assuming a loss to UNC (who I think JMU has a chance to beat)

Actually, unless their new multi-million dollar coach has already turned them around, everybody has a chance to beat the Heels.

GannonFan
August 31st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Delaware's defense had only given up 10 points through 3 quarters (heck, only 3 points in the first half). W&M puts up almost half of their yards in the 4th quarter after the game was out of reach at 35-10. I don't think we're as bad off as people are trying to make it out to be, and our run defense actually looked quite good. Phillips is a player and that TE for W&M is 6'7" and athletic - we won't run into too many combos like that all year.

Cuff is the best RB in the country at this level, Flacco "only" threw at more than an 80% completion rate last night and more than 200 yards, and the UD offensive line looks dominant. If the defense keeps holding teams to 10 points through 3 quarters I like our chances in many games this year. xthumbsupx

colorless raider
August 31st, 2007, 11:26 AM
Keeping Cuff in for 7 TD's is not a surprise. What else would one expect from a insecure "Mr. Sunglasses"?

BlueHen86
August 31st, 2007, 11:39 AM
Keeping Cuff in for 7 TD's is not a surprise. What else would one expect from a insecure "Mr. Sunglasses"?
What sunglasses? I didn't see any sunglasses last night.xcoolx

bluehenbillk
August 31st, 2007, 11:39 AM

Actually it's not a surprise when your 2nd string guy may be out for the year, your 3rd string guy is out for the 1st 2 regular season games, and your 4th option which was also our leading receiver last night hobbled off (nothing serious) in the early 4th qtr last night.

Before you take a blind shot at Keeler you need to take that all into account. xnonox xnonox

P.S. When they finally did replace Cuff, the 1st running play our RB fumbled & W&M ran it in for a TD.

BlueHen86
August 31st, 2007, 11:41 AM
Actually it's not a surprise when your 2nd string guy may be out for the year, your 3rd string guy is out for the 1st 2 regular season games, and your 4th option which was also our leading receiver last night hobbled off (nothing serious) in the early 4th qtr last night.

Before you take a blind shot at Keeler you need to take that all into account. xnonox xnonox

P.S. When they finally did replace Cuff, the 1st running play our RB fumbled & W&M ran it in for a TD.
Maybe Delaware should have THROWN the ball in order to keep the score down.xrolleyesx

GannonFan
August 31st, 2007, 11:58 AM

Still can't get that 40-0 beatdown out of your system, can you? Therapy could be in order. xthumbsupx

foghorn
August 31st, 2007, 12:10 PM
Phillips played a 'great' game last night.. if he plays at that level all season.. W&M's offense will be very productive.

Phillips is very good, but I was really impressed by Atcheson, the Tribe's tight end. A 6'7" athlete who's going to make a name for himself this year. This guy's a real sleeper who can make some 'All' teams after the season. xnodx

foghorn
August 31st, 2007, 12:16 PM

What a stupid thing to say. You ought to change your name from 'colorless' to 'green' as with envy. Still smarting after a 40-ZIP azz-kicking!xbawlingx

TigerFan17
August 31st, 2007, 12:22 PM
If we can't get our defensive line in order...looks like we're in for another shootout circa last season. Watched the end of the game when I got home from ours, saw the highlighted Cuff runs. Hes a shifty young man. Not looking forward to him showing up at the Johnny U.

Good luck to UD and W&M the rest of the season though! Good game to watch, which is a good thing for FCS in general, since it was on the tube!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

bandl
August 31st, 2007, 12:25 PM
Last year was last year... but if dreaming of the past makes you feel better.. why not go back to '04... :D

Still can't get that 40-0 beatdown out of your system, can you? Therapy could be in order. xthumbsupx

What a stupid thing to say. You ought to change your name from 'colorless' to 'green' as with envy. Still smarting after a 40-ZIP azz-kicking!xbawlingx

xlolx xlolx xlolx

th0m
August 31st, 2007, 01:26 PM
:D

blukeys
August 31st, 2007, 01:31 PM

If UD was playing a team with a one dimensional offense that was incapable of scoring a lot of points in the 4th quarter such as 2003 Colgate, I'm sure KC would have pulled Omar.

But UD was playing W&M which has a very dynamic offense led by an exceptional quarterback. As it is W&M scored 21 4th quarter points which is enough to erase most leads. Those of us who actually know a little something about the quality of the CAA know full well that W&M is not the type of team you can assume is dead regardless of the score after 3 quarters (2004 playoff.)

Maybe in the PL folks can make that decision but the CAA is just too tough to take a team for granted regardless of the score.

These are the facts. I know they are difficult to understand when viewed thru the PL lens but try to think outside your parochial view of football.

lizrdgizrd
August 31st, 2007, 02:00 PM
Sure am glad I picked up Omar for the FCS fantasy league. xthumbsupx

bluehenbillk
August 31st, 2007, 02:37 PM
Sure am glad I picked up Omar for the FCS fantasy league. xthumbsupx

I'm betting you'll win this week.xsmiley_wix

Proud Griz Man
August 31st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Congratulations Blue Hens. That's a pretty nice start. xthumbsupx

blur2005
August 31st, 2007, 05:58 PM
I've seen the highlight of Cuff on ESPN's College Football Live. That was one helluva performance.

blukeys
August 31st, 2007, 06:12 PM
I've seen the highlight of Cuff on ESPN's College Football Live. That was one helluva performance.

Very cool to see Omar on ESPN. Ba all accounts he is a great and enthusiastic guy. Maybe Mr. C can give us his personal impressions of Omar.

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2007, 06:24 PM
I knew (as a lot of people did) that UD'd offense with 10 starters back + Cuff was going to be flat out awesome.

I would imagine their horrible defense from last year with what, only 5 starters back + one or 2 injured starters back plus a couple of stud I-A transfers would be improved but still only avg. W&M proved that, with 542 yards total offense (yes, I know a big chunk of that was in the 4th quarter, but t was still against UD's starting defense).

We all know about Santos and Schaeffer. Me thinks Landers (phenominal athlete, 49 carries, 434 yards, 8.9 ypc last 2 seasons) will be the best rushing QB in JMU history, and they've had some good ones (Eric Williams, Mike cawley, Rascati to name a few), and a decent passer this year. Will be the best rookie/1st year starting/non I-A transfer qb in the CAA and one of the better ones in that category in the country. JMU, UNH, Towson, and Navy vs UD games I look for shootouts in the 70s to 90s points wise. UD may have to put up in the 40s (which they're certainly capable of) to win those games.
I think UD will go 8-3, 9-2, probably beat JMU at home, and like JMU will make the playoffs. Lot of football between now and Nov 3, though.

GannonFan
August 31st, 2007, 09:28 PM
I knew (as a lot of people did) that UD'd offense with 10 starters back + Cuff was going to be flat out awesome.

I would imagine their horrible defense from last year with what, only 5 starters back + one or 2 injured starters back plus a couple of stud I-A transfers would be improved but still only avg. W&M proved that, with 542 yards total offense (yes, I know a big chunk of that was in the 4th quarter, but t was still against UD's starting defense).

We all know about Santos and Schaeffer. Me thinks Landers (phenominal athlete, 49 carries, 434 yards, 8.9 ypc last 2 seasons) will be the best rushing QB in JMU history, and they've had some good ones (Eric Williams, Mike cawley, Rascati to name a few), and a decent passer this year. Will be the best rookie/1st year starting/non I-A transfer qb in the CAA and one of the better ones in that category in the country. JMU, UNH, Towson, and Navy vs UD games I look for shootouts in the 70s to 90s points wise. UD may have to put up in the 40s (which they're certainly capable of) to win those games.
I think UD will go 8-3, 9-2, probably beat JMU at home, and like JMU will make the playoffs. Lot of football between now and Nov 3, though.

Geez, not expecting too much from a first time starter, huh? I remember Hens fans thinking replacing Hall with Riccio would be seemless. I remember W&M fans thinking they were QB U and that they'd just have another Lang Campbell. I think you're asking a lot to just think Landers will be one of the best JMU QB's ever, in this year. He hasn't played any meaningful minutes in his career - the jury is most decidedly out on him.

colorless raider
August 31st, 2007, 09:43 PM

Guess you can't get LAST season out of your system so let's risk our legimate All-American to injury to get a decent score.

Peems
August 31st, 2007, 09:45 PM
Hopefully Lex was paying attention, and will score 7 TD's in the first half tomorrow, I mean he hasn't played in well over a year, the Thunderbirds better bewarexnodx:D

th0m
August 31st, 2007, 09:58 PM
Wait how should the Thunderbirds beware if Hilliard hasn't played in over a year? Shouldn't Lex beware? :D

BlueHen86
August 31st, 2007, 10:24 PM
Guess you can't get LAST season out of your system so let's risk our legimate All-American to injury to get a decent score.
It wasn't too long ago that UD blew a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter at W&M. I have no problem running Cuff early in the 4th with an 18 point lead. You have no idea what you are talking about, but don't let that stop you.

JMU-MRD-DAD
August 31st, 2007, 10:48 PM
Let me get this straight......Delaware rips the tribe......and most of the talk on this post is Cuff's top games against JMU.....I had to take a double take on the box scores...I actually thought I had missed JMU's opening game......

Actually I watched the game......Delaware will definitely be a force on offense......but the jury is still out on the Defense. Great game by Cuff.

Peems
September 1st, 2007, 12:04 AM
Wait how should the Thunderbirds beware if Hilliard hasn't played in over a year? Shouldn't Lex beware? :D

That's the first time in awhile I've heard someone say

"fear the T-Birds!!!"

th0m
September 1st, 2007, 04:01 AM
That's the first time in awhile I've heard someone say

"fear the T-Birds!!!"

You never watched the Thunderbirds when you were a kid? They got like spaceships and everything. Blowin' **** up man xeekx