PDA

View Full Version : KENNESAW END OF GANE

MUHAWKS
October 23rd, 2021, 07:04 PM
Kennesaw struggled a teeny bit with Campbell before pulling away (mostly from Campbell self destructing- although KSU was def the better team) however for those who did not see and will def not hear about it, Kennesaw was up 24-7 when they got the ball back with about 4 minutes left. They threw the ball to score a TD from the 4 yard line on the last play of the game up 24-7. I am not saying it is dirty but unless they are scared of Monmouth (if we get to that game unbeaten in league) and think they will need an at large, sort of a dooshy thing to do (even though they are leaving the conference). Kennesaw hardly throws the ball in the real part of the game to begin with. A little bit of bad energy put in the Universe IMO- although not a huge deal I really hope our game is for all the marbles-

ElCid
October 23rd, 2021, 07:11 PM
Maybe they wanted some practice throwing. Or seeing if they could run that two minute drill. Not their fault Campbell let them score. Now if it had been a double reverse or halfback pass I might agree. But it isn't that horrible.

Reign of Terrier
October 23rd, 2021, 07:20 PM
unfortunately KSU is in the "run up the score or else the committee won't respect you" space. Not saying they ran up the score, I only skimmed your post. But if they did...they kinda had to.

Libertine
October 23rd, 2021, 09:17 PM
The concept of "running up the score" is largely an invention of fans; coaches generally couldn't care less what the score is so long as they win. Some teams take knees on the last play and some teams treat the last play as one more play. Sometimes that's a team philosophy and sometimes it's just to get young guys a game rep. I've been on both sides of it and it is what it is. If the other team is going to play hard to the final whistle, you'd better be prepared to do the same.

EDIT: Case in point, Montana just ran two plays from inside the Idaho 5-yard line with less than 20 seconds remaining while up by 20 points. The Griz didn't score but not for lack of trying. Paul Petrino didn't look thrilled about it but his guys stood tall there so good for them.

MUHAWKS
October 24th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Yeah I get it! Not a huge deal as I said, I am more saying being up 24-7 and hurrying to the line to get a PASSING play in before the game ends for a team that runs the ball like 90% of the time sort of nullifies any above stated reason- I do not think it is dirty or bad, just saying the karma has been put into the air.

MR. CHICKEN
October 24th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Maybe they wanted some practice throwing. Or seeing if they could run that two minute drill. Not their fault Campbell let them score. Now if it had been a double reverse or halfback pass I might agree. But it isn't that horrible.

....OR FAKE FG......BIZONSSSSSS!.................BRAWK!

POD Knows
October 24th, 2021, 12:06 PM
....OR FAKE FG......BIZONSSSSSS!.................BRAWK!
The fake FG didn’t result in a TD. It was to gets first down to be able to run the clock out. Kicking the field goal would have been running the score. It isn’t the Bison’s fault that you let the score on a routine running play.

Chalupa Batman
October 24th, 2021, 12:20 PM
The fake FG didn’t result in a TD. It was to gets first down to be able to run the clock out. Kicking the field goal would have been running the score. It isn’t the Bison’s fault that you let the score on a routine running play.

I’m pretty sure Saybein Clark scored a TD on the next play.

POD Knows
October 24th, 2021, 12:22 PM
I’m pretty sure Saybein Clark scored a TD on the next play.
Yea. He did. I referenced the TD in my post. It was a routine running play. Delaware could have stopped that play. We didn’t score on the fake field goal.

Chalupa Batman
October 24th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Yea. He did. I referenced the TD in my post. It was a routine running play. Delaware could have stopped that play. We didn’t score on the fake field goal.

Ah misread that, thought you meant that drive end up in a TD. Running a fake there was still in bad taste though IMO.

MR. CHICKEN
October 24th, 2021, 01:25 PM
....DIDN'T SAY FAKE FG = TD.....BUT IDEAR....UH FAKE ANYTHIN'.....LEADIN' BAH 18 WHIFF APPX. 2 MIN TA GO.....ON CUSP UH OPPONENT'S RED ZONE.....ON 4th DOWN....IS NOT CLASS......AWQUE!

....THERE'D BE NO SHAME....HAD YA'S JES' KICKED IT........BRAQUE!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 24th, 2021, 01:58 PM
If you are leading quite handily in the last 4 min. of the game or last 3 min. maybe is better and your opponent is onside kicking etc. then I think your team owes them the honor to continue playing. Hauck did this yesterday against Idaho. He has done it in the past against Portland State and others. We can and will run the ball, not call timeouts, and have our 3's, 4's etc. getting experience. But the f'n minute you start really trying to extend that game and screw around then you damn well better expect that the first teamers are back in and we are gonna come at you and I got zero f'n problem with that.

I also agree with El Cid, sometimes you need some game time preperation. You don't blame young kids that play less for getting in and having the good fortune to compete and score in an intercollegiate athletic event like that in my mind. Stop them if you can but if you can not, that is on you. The 3's and 4's work as hard as anyone else out there and they have very little chance to compete for plays. They get their shot, let them take it. They've earned it.

I don't know exactly what the situation was so figured I'd better defend two fronts. xlolx

POD Knows
October 24th, 2021, 03:42 PM
....DIDN'T SAY FAKE FG = TD.....BUT IDEAR....UH FAKE ANYTHIN'.....LEADIN' BAH 18 WHIFF APPX. 2 MIN TA GO.....ON CUSP UH OPPONENT'S RED ZONE.....ON 4th DOWN....IS NOT CLASS......AWQUE!

....THERE'D BE NO SHAME....HAD YA'S JES' KICKED IT........BRAQUE!
So would it have been different if we had went for it on 4th down and threw the ball to get it? If you can keep your D off the field at the end of the game why wouldn’t you try and do it. I actually thought the running play after the fake field goal was probably more bush league. We could have probably kneeled on the hall at that point and the Hens may have just let the clock run out.

BurialGround
October 24th, 2021, 04:27 PM
It's very unlike Coach Bohannon to do things like that, even in chippy games, so I'm not completely sure what was up. Maybe he did it as a way to practice "finishing the drill" and getting the ball in the endzone, which has been a huge problem for us over the last few weeks. We've been moving the ball well and getting in opponent's territory fairly easily, but then we either turn it over or commit a stupid penalty that kills the drive. In fact, Campbell's only score was on a 97 yard fumble recovery for a TD. So my guess is that Coach Bo was trying to drill the offense into getting the ball in the endzone.

Or for style points in case we lose to Monmouth again. Could be that as well.

Bison56
October 24th, 2021, 04:28 PM
Still crying over the fake FG?xcoffeex

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 24th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Bohannon might be auditioning for the Georgia Southern job. Since he's competing at a large public school in one of the worst FCS conferences the style points are going to count.

MR. CHICKEN
October 24th, 2021, 05:15 PM
So would it have been different if we had went for it on 4th down and threw the ball to get it? If you can keep your D off the field at the end of the game why wouldn’t you try and do it. I actually thought the running play after the fake field goal was probably more bush league. We could have probably kneeled on the hall at that point and the Hens may have just let the clock run out.

.....HAD YA'S DECIDED TA RUN/THROW ON 4th DOWN.....SO BE IT.......HAD YA BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL........HENS WOOD HAVE HAD DUH ROCK INSIDE DERE OWN 26.....WHIFF APPX 2:00 TA GO.........DOWN 18......DON'T REMEMBER TIME OUT SITUATION........BUT....REALLY NO NEED FO' FAKE FG....(TRICKERY)......MAH LAST BREATH ON SUBJECT.....AWK!

.....AH'M 74 YEARS OL'.......WENT TA 1st UD GAME IN SIXTH GRADE.........SEEN 'NUFF PIGGY...TA KNOW WHEN YER FACE IS BEIN'....RUBBED IN IT......BRAWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 24th, 2021, 05:49 PM
.....HAD YA'S DECIDED TA RUN/THROW ON 4th DOWN.....SO BE IT.......HAD YA BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL........HENS WOOD HAVE HAD DUH ROCK INSIDE DERE OWN 26.....WHIFF APPX 2:00 TA GO.........DOWN 18......DON'T REMEMBER TIME OUT SITUATION........BUT....REALLY NO NEED FO' FAKE FG....(TRICKERY)......MAH LAST BREATH ON SUBJECT.....AWK!

.....AH'M 74 YEARS OL'.......WENT TA 1st UD GAME IN SIXTH GRADE.........SEEN 'NUFF PIGGY...TA KNOW WHEN YER FACE IS BEIN'....RUBBED IN IT......BRAWK!

Fact check on age and it appears to check out. 1946 is the first Foghorn appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi2hQVyf3po

caribbeanhen
October 25th, 2021, 07:48 AM
Still crying over the fake FG?xcoffeex

not nearly as much as Bison fans crying about the undefeated Bison

TheRevSFA
October 25th, 2021, 08:03 AM
Perhaps the defense should have stopped them?