PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week One Predictions

TigerFan17
August 30th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Okay folks, lets hear em.

Towson 34 Central Conn. St. 17 - Lets go Tigers. Road to the playoffs begins today. Schaef primed and ready but with McClam and Clark out, CB depth is scaring me. Good thing theyre prob gonna stick with the run option.

William & Mary 20 Delaware 24 - Good game. Watch this one on your tubes if you can.

Northwestern 20 Northeastern 17 - "Fool me twice, shame on me," said Northwestern.

Rhode Island 24 Fordham 21 - In the battle of who cares, no one cares. xrotatehx

Massachusetts 20 Holy Cross 17 - Holy Cross slighted due to lack of FBS transfers.

Maine 17 Monmouth 10 - xcoffeex

Maryland 45 Villanova 3 - I hate UMD...but I'm not stupid.

North Carolina 31 James Madison 21 - Overhyped and extremely young UNC in for a scare. Talent? Yes. Cohesion? Meh.

Vanderbilt 52 Richmond 3 - Not gonna be fun to watch. Unless you hate spiders.

Col Hogan
August 30th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Towson 34 Central Conn. St. 17 - Lets go Tigers. Road to the playoffs begins today. Schaef primed and ready but with McClam and Clark out, CB depth is scaring me. Good thing theyre prob gonna stick with the run option.

William & Mary 20 Delaware 24 - Good game. Watch this one on your tubes if you can.

Northwestern 20 Northeastern 17 - "Fool me twice, shame on me," said Northwestern.

Rhode Island 24 Fordham 21 - In the battle of who cares, no one cares. xrotatehx

Massachusetts 20 Holy Cross 17 - Holy Cross slighted due to lack of FBS transfers.

North Carolina 31 James Madison 21 - Overhyped and extremely young UNC in for a scare. Talent? Yes. Cohesion? Meh.

I think you're pretty much in the ball park...

The homer in me says UMass does better against the Crusaders...and I feel Maine should easily handle Monmouth by more than 7...

Otherwise...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

TigerFan17
August 30th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I think you're pretty much in the ball park...

The homer in me says UMass does better against the Crusaders...and I feel Maine should easily handle Monmouth by more than 7...

Otherwise...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Yah I can see that. The HC - UMass game is just a tough call for me. Lotsa hype for the Crusaders...but hype doesn't win games. First games of the season are tough to call.
And per Maine...I'm just unimpressed with Maine offensively. Their D will get them through though.

SunCoastBlueHen
August 30th, 2007, 12:52 PM

That all looks pretty reasonable to me. I will certainly take a 4 pt. Hens win. xthumbsupx

Spider
August 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM

I'll take the 'Spides' and 49........

HensRock
August 30th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Towson 31 Cent. Conn St 34 - CCSU gets 2nd big upset in as many years
Delaware 37 W&M 14 - UD is hungry
Northwestern 20 Northeastern 13 - Huskies keep it close all game, but give up a big play late.
URI 20 Fordham 10
UMass 31 Holy Cross 13
JMU 17 UNC 24
Maryland 34 Villanova 6
Maine 17 Monmouth 0
Vanderbilt 33 UR 10

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Towson 31 Cent. Conn St 34 - CCSU gets 2nd big upset in as many years
Delaware 37 W&M 14 - UD is hungry
Northwestern 20 Northeastern 13 - Huskies keep it close all game, but give up a big play late.
URI 20 Fordham 10
UMass 31 Holy Cross 13
JMU 17 UNC 24
Maryland 34 Villanova 6
Maine 17 Monmouth 0
Vanderbilt 33 UR 10

Man HensRock you're easy to rile up! I think this prediction stems from another thread. xreadx

HensRock
August 30th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I think overconfidence will be the Tigers' downfall. CCSU handed Georgia Southern an 'L' to open their season last year.
I just think it's boring to always go with the favorites. I like HC against UMass as an upset too, but that's too much to ask

andy7171
August 30th, 2007, 01:48 PM
I think overconfidence will be the Tigers' downfall. CCSU handed Georgia Southern an 'L' to open their season last year.
I just think it's boring to always go with the favorites. I like HC against UMass as an upset too, but that's too much to ask

Well if you had to pick an upset out of those two games, I'd have to agree with you.

youwouldno
August 30th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Towson 27 Cent. Conn St 17
Delaware 31 W&M 17
Northwestern 34 Northeastern 16
URI 30 Fordham 14
UMass 31 Holy Cross 13
JMU 24 UNC 27
Maryland 44 Villanova 10
Maine 23 Monmouth 9
Vanderbilt 37 UR 14

GannonFan
August 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Here's my picks (same as I wrote on caazone so sorry for the duplicate for those who saw it there).

My picks:

C. Conn St 35 Towson 31 - Big upset here. The Blue Devils of C. Conn St. played big early on last year and are a decent team and Towson typically has shied away from playing good OOC teams. I think the Tigers have trouble playing as faves against a pretty good team here. And relax Tiger fans, I still think you win the South this year.

Delaware 35 William and Mary 21 - Delaware's offense leads the way as Cuff has a big day. W&M keeps it close most of the game, as the series normally is, but UD wins comfortably.

Northwestern 35 Northeastern 10 - After losing to a great UNH team last year, Northwestern won't just look past the Huskies. And Northeastern isn't as good offensively as UNH was last year. If this game was at Parson's Field I take NU by 2 TD's - but we all know that won't ever happen.

Rhode Island 42 Fordham 10 - While I don't think URI is going anywhere good this year, I think they light up the scoreboard against a bad Fordham team.

UMass 35 Holy Cross 7 - This isn't the Patriot-league team that gives UMass trouble. Holy Cross wasn't terrible last year, but they didn't play anyone this good. Holy Cross scores its 7 very late in the game.

UNC 35 JMU 14 - If JMU's team last year was still playing this year I might take them in the upset. But no Rascati and too many other holes in a game this early and I think Mickey steps off the throttle in the second half and takes the loss and the paycheck.

Maryland 48 nova 0 - Yup, I don't think nova's going to score at all. nova is a team in disarray, with several freshmen recruits already bailing out. And Burroughs graduated so it's a new QB. Talent-drain has been huge at nova and Maryland will be pretty good this year.

Maine 21 Monmouth 3 - Maine's defense is nasty and Monmouth's lost a bit from their good team last year.

Vanderbilt 35 Richmond 7 - Richmond feels the pain of graduation and a big test like this so early in the year means little chance of victory. Richmond could surprise people later on, but not out of the gate.

GeeWiz
August 30th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Just like GannonFan I posted these same prognostications on caazone ...

Towson 28 Cent. Conn St. 14 - Tigers start slowly but turn it up offensively.

Delaware 34 W&M 21 - Blue Chickens offense too much for W&M to handle

Northwestern 34 Northeastern 17 - I think it will be closer than people think, but the Wildcats will be up for us after UNH debacle last year.

URI 24 Fordham 10 - Fordham program is getting better but Rhody run game hard to prepare for.

UMass 41 Holy Cross 7 - UMass is a juggernaut on both sides of the ball

UNC 31 JMU 14 - Dukes make this a game and would have a great shot w/ Riscati at QB, but Butch Davis' has his kids motivated to get off to a good start

Maryland 38 Villanova 21 - Terps too much for a subpar Wildcat team

Maine 21 Monmouth 0 - Maine "D" just too much for a good NEC team.

Vanderbilt 35 UR 24 - Spiders keep it close but Vandy at home the difference.

TheValleyRaider
August 30th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Central Conn. St. at Towson Towson CCSU is good, and doesn't scare easily, but Tigers get off on the right foot this year. Big season coming?

Delaware at William & Mary William & Mary I like UD a lot this season, but with the season opening under the lights, I think the Tribe steals this one

Northeastern at Northwestern NorthWESTERN Caps just to make sure ;) . Wildcats ready after UNH knocked them off last year

Fordham at Rhode Island Fordham I'm a Patriot League homer and I don't care who knows it... :D

Holy Cross at Massachusetts Massachusetts ...but not that big of one. I won't be surprised, however, if UMass struggles a bit given they're replacing a few key pieces

Monmouth at Maine Maine Hawks are a tough team, but Maine is tougher

Villanova at Maryland Maryland ACC is a weak conference...for the BCS

James Madison at North Carolina North Carolina JMU replacing some key people, and Butch Davis will want a big start to his UNC tenure

Richmond at Vanderbilt Vanderbilt This is for thinking you're too good for the Patriot League xmadx :p xrotatehx Commodores not about to ruin what could be a bowl-bound season by overlooking the Spiders

dpd
August 30th, 2007, 10:41 PM
durn i didn't see this earlier - although thursday noon wasn't much notice - i did have ud by 4 and towson by 27 though, and here's the rest:
northwestern by 7
rhode island by 20
umass by 17
maine by 25
maryland by 17
jmu by 1
vandy by 13

Week One Prognostication (http://dpdsdogs.com/ncaa/cfprog.htm)

JMG1MON
August 30th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I'm not picking the entire CAA as I don't know enough about them. I'll say this about Monmouth/Maine.

Monmouth loses by 10-14 points, wouldn't be shocked if it was closer, wouldn't be shocked if it was more. Probably more shocked if it was closer. We just lost way too much from last year's team. GL to all teams on good games this weekend.

HensRock
August 31st, 2007, 01:05 PM
Congrats on the win Andy.
But CCSU wasn't quite the push-over you thought they would be.

andy7171
August 31st, 2007, 01:28 PM
Congrats on the win Andy.
But CCSU wasn't quite the push-over you thought they would be.
Not at all! I feel lucky to just have the "W". Your prediction of being overconfident may have played into it as well. xmadx Here's to hoping its just getting first game rust off. xprayx

BTW, SEVEN TOUCHDOWNS!!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

BDKJMU
August 31st, 2007, 06:37 PM
durn i didn't see this earlier - although thursday noon wasn't much notice - i did have ud by 4 and towson by 27 though, and here's the rest:
northwestern by 7
rhode island by 20
umass by 17
maine by 25
maryland by 17
jmu by 1
vandy by 13

Week One Prognostication (http://dpdsdogs.com/ncaa/cfprog.htm)

Only one on here to pick JMU. About 10 people picked UNC. If JMU does pull the upset, man are they all going to be eating crow. :D

dpd
August 31st, 2007, 06:45 PM
there often is a first-week fcs over fbs victory each year, and this year to me the five most likely (in decreasing order) are:
jmu over unc
c. ark. over la tech
n'eastern over n'western
richmond over vandy
'nova over maryland

jmu is the only one my rankings are predicting straight up

Seawolf97
August 31st, 2007, 08:05 PM
there often is a first-week fcs over fbs victory each year, and this year to me the five most likely (in decreasing order) are:
jmu over unc
c. ark. over la tech
n'eastern over n'western
richmond over vandy
'nova over maryland

jmu is the only one my rankings are predicting straight up

Must be a full moonxlolx xlolx

Cobblestone
August 31st, 2007, 08:47 PM

Oh really? Well, at least you picked the right Rams.