PDA

View Full Version : Some Sports Network predictions of intrest to me :)

ysubigred
August 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Michigan 34, Appalachian State 17

Ohio State 45, Youngstown State 10

Louisville 51, Murray State 0

Feel free to add your own.

Appy is really getting the respect they deserve at the Big House.

If YSU get's ten I streak through my neighborhood :)

I think Louisville will get more than 51.

gsugt1
August 30th, 2007, 07:28 AM
The App pick is a homer pick.

SoccerSmells
August 30th, 2007, 07:55 AM
No offense to any Appalachian fans, as they are the class of the FCS still, but there is no way in the blue blazes that the Mountaineers are within 17 points at the final horn on Saturday.

Michigan is not NC State or Auburn from way back. You're talking about the FIFTH rated team in the FBS. This is not just a BCS conference team, Michigan is one of the national elite this year.

I think ASU will be plenty happy with a 34-0 score and no serious injuries. It might be worse than that. Again, no shame in getting whipped in the Big House by the Maize and Blue.

blueballs
August 30th, 2007, 08:22 AM

True-dat...

McNeese_beat
August 30th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Michigan 34, Appalachian State 17

Ohio State 45, Youngstown State 10

Louisville 51, Murray State 0

Feel free to add your own.

Appy is really getting the respect they deserve at the Big House.

If YSU get's ten I streak through my neighborhood :)

I think Louisville will get more than 51.

Can you link to that? I couldn't find any game predictions on their site.

ysubigred
August 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Can you link to that? I couldn't find any game predictions on their site.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot/scores/live/scoreboard.aspx?season=

Click on preview and scroll down to the bottom it will give an prediction.

They don't do a preview on 1FCS vs 1FCS xnonono2x

Black Saturday
August 30th, 2007, 09:33 AM

I don't believe the author of that article, Pat Taggert, has any association with APP. xreadx

OhioHen
August 30th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Boise State 42, Weber State 13

Texas A&M 40, Montana State 7

Hawaii 65, Northern Colorado 10

AlphaSigMD
August 30th, 2007, 09:56 AM

Homer? He calls us APSU? If he calls us that multiple times, its obvious he knows little about us, except that we are the 2-time defending national champions. So he's giving us some cred.

Plus, michigan has a history of being overated, overlooking games and playing down to opponents. Its a decent pick. I still say the margin is going to be closer to 20, but who knows. He's a professional sportswriter and I'm not.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I doubt Michigan will play their aces long (App shouldn't either). The strange part is, App is playing for pride, but this game only means something (in terms of their season) to Michigan.

appisgreatest
August 30th, 2007, 10:39 AM
It really doesn't matter if the Apps get blown out. That is what most people will expect. So the fact of the matter is App has everything to gain and nothing to lose really. The biggest concern like Ive said before is getting out injury free. If the Apps make a game out of it like the game against LSU, then I am happy. xthumbsupx

james_lawfirm
August 30th, 2007, 10:51 AM
It really doesn't matter if the Apps get blown out. That is what most people will expect. So the fact of the matter is App has everything to gain and nothing to lose really. The biggest concern like Ive said before is getting out injury free. If the Apps make a game out of it like the game against LSU, then I am happy. xthumbsupx

Yep. xnodx xnodx
I agree. But, they won't get blown out. I heard the line in Vegas is about 23 points. That sounds a little high to me, and if I were a betting man, I'd take that one. The only question in my mind is what are those who expect a blow out going to say when there is not one? Probably something along the lines of "What's wrong with Mich. this year?" That's too bad. If the game is not a blow out, ASU deserves at least some credit.

appisgreatest
August 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Yep. xnodx xnodx
I agree. But, they won't get blown out. I heard the line in Vegas is about 23 points. That sounds a little high to me, and if I were a betting man, I'd take that one. The only question in my mind is what are those who expect a blow out going to say when there is not one? Probably something along the lines of "What's wrong with Mich. this year?" That's too bad. If the game is not a blow out, ASU deserves at least some credit.

If there isn't a blowout then theres nothing to say except that App is a quality team. Nothing can be said about Michigan because they have a lot of talented senior leadership. But this will be a real test of where we stand in Division 1 football as a whole.

Griz0383
August 30th, 2007, 11:48 AM
I pray that APS is spared injuries! The Griz lost a few for the season in the IOWA game and we could have used those boys down the stretch! We want APS best in Chatty

Black Saturday
August 30th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I pray that APS is spared injuries! The Griz lost a few for the season in the IOWA game and we could have used those boys down the stretch! We want APS best in Chatty

We want APS best in Chatty

No you don't.xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
August 30th, 2007, 12:00 PM
We want APS best in Chatty

No you don't.xsmiley_wix

Yes, we do. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

mlbowl
August 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I heard the line in Vegas is about 23 points. and if I were a betting man, I'd take that one. .

I agree...I'd also take Michigan -23;)

Retro
August 30th, 2007, 12:07 PM

This is one of the biggest myths in FBS vs FCS Games.. There is none, absolutley no proof of evidence that more FCS players get hurt playing a FBS team vs than any normal FCS team.... If coaches were really worried about getting players hurt, they wouldn't play these games in the first place... When Mcneese has played FBS teams in the past, the FBS teams suffered more injuries than Mcneese of any significance at least.

ysubigred
August 30th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Oklahoma 41, North Texas 9 xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 30th, 2007, 12:18 PM
No offense to any Appalachian fans, as they are the class of the FCS still, but there is no way in the blue blazes that the Mountaineers are within 17 points at the final horn on Saturday.

Michigan is not NC State or Auburn from way back. You're talking about the FIFTH rated team in the FBS. This is not just a BCS conference team, Michigan is one of the national elite this year.

I think ASU will be plenty happy with a 34-0 score and no serious injuries. It might be worse than that. Again, no shame in getting whipped in the Big House by the Maize and Blue.

If ASU had played NC State mid-season with Edwards, they would have won by two or three touchdowns. You overestimate the difference between top FBS and FCS.

It's a stretch to think ASU will keep it within 17 points, but ASU will score at least 17.

blueballs
August 30th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I don't believe the author of that article, Pat Taggert, has any association with APP. xreadx

I didn't mean to imply he did... a homer pick can be a FCS writer perhaps having some "wishful thinking" instead of being completely objective.

That being said I hope App goes up there and represents. Good Luck.

gsugt1
August 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4099538.htm