PDA

View Full Version : UNI Spanked by SD

Ronin62
October 16th, 2021, 09:14 PM
Congratulations to the Coyotes on a well coached game.

UNI continues to struggle with coaching decisions on defense and offense.

Farley has played a soft zone with no blitzing for decades. He follows the fads on offense of wanting a running QB with mixed results.

My predictions: Farley will never win a championship, let alone even compete in the game again. I would almost go as far as saying he won't win a conference championship again. My only hope is UNI tires of his .500 seasons.

neverobeyed
October 17th, 2021, 04:46 PM
Congratulations to the Coyotes on a well coached game.

UNI continues to struggle with coaching decisions on defense and offense.

Farley has played a soft zone with no blitzing for decades. He follows the fads on offense of wanting a running QB with mixed results.

My predictions: Farley will never win a championship, let alone even compete in the game again. I would almost go as far as saying he won't win a conference championship again. My only hope is UNI tires of his .500 seasons.

Announced attendance of fewer than 8k in the Dome for an MVFC game. Not an anomaly - look at previous games this season in the Dome.

UNI football is in trouble. UNI athletics is in trouble.

JacksFan40
October 17th, 2021, 10:31 PM
Announced attendance of fewer than 8k in the Dome for an MVFC game. Not an anomaly - look at previous games this season in the Dome.

UNI football is in trouble. UNI athletics is in trouble.
You’ll probably beat us on Hobo Day this week like usual so I wouldn’t be to worried.

dbackjon
October 18th, 2021, 11:28 AM
South Dakota is an excellent Football team.

Schism55
October 18th, 2021, 12:29 PM
The Yotes are for real, make no mistake about that. Well coached team that plays its tail off and doesn't beat itself. UNI on the other hand....

POD Knows
October 18th, 2021, 12:48 PM
The Yotes are for real, make no mistake about that. Well coached team that plays its tail off and doesn't beat itself. UNI on the other hand....
UNI looked like absolute dog****. I dropped them out of my poll. Completely lackluster performance.

Hammerhead
October 18th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Maybe UNI (and UND) had letdowns after facing NDSU the week before they played USD?

neverobeyed
October 18th, 2021, 04:19 PM
You’ll probably beat us on Hobo Day this week like usual so I wouldn’t be to worried.

Worried about the future of the program - and athletics - at UNI. To pull in just over 7k for an MVFC game between two ranked teams (Yotes travelled well, too) was unheard of ten years ago. Football is the revenue sport at UNI and an echo-ey UNI-Dome is a bad sign. Especially when the BoR is already looking for any reason to cut funding to UNI. Part of it is the performance on the field, but the AD is in a spiral right now and not climbing out.

ysubigred
October 18th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Yup.. USD isn't the same spring team. Glad YSU don't have to travel there, I'm sure they'd want some flightless bird pudding..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
October 18th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Worried about the future of the program - and athletics - at UNI. To pull in just over 7k for an MVFC game between two ranked teams (Yotes travelled well, too) was unheard of ten years ago. Football is the revenue sport at UNI and an echo-ey UNI-Dome is a bad sign. Especially when the BoR is already looking for any reason to cut funding to UNI. Part of it is the performance on the field, but the AD is in a spiral right now and not climbing out.
Pretty sure most schools across CFB have been experiencing attendance issues pre-COVID, even the P5 ones. Games this year for some have been higher due to not having full capacity last year but it'll go back to normal soon enough. For a team like UNI the problem is that they're consistently between mediocre and decent, but never really in title contention. It likely gets boring knowing you'll probably finish between 6 to 8 wins most years and get beat out in the Second Round or Quarterfinals. It's how SDSU was in the D2 days, always fairly solid but never quite to the level of the top NCC teams like NDSU and UND. If UNI is able to get back to national relevance beyond initial preseason hype, I'd expect attendance to go back up. However it seems with Farley he'll never have a bad season, but the days of being a dominant program are long gone for UNI. You'll still probably pull an upset or two every season.

Houndawg
October 19th, 2021, 07:16 AM

We'll take a crowd of 7,000 anytime here

Bisonoline
October 19th, 2021, 09:57 PM

Farley?????

neverobeyed
October 21st, 2021, 06:36 PM
Farley?????

The athletic department. UNI is competing with Iowa and Iowa State for funding. UNI has always been the unwanted stepchild, getting crumbs from the Regents and frankly, for a long time UNI’s lobbying strategy was to wait for the crumbs to fall to them and then praise the Regents for their generosity (FU, Pat). Many state reps from the Cedar Valley were pissed at UNI’s leadership for being so passive over the years.

Iowa and Iowa State won the lottery, athletics-wise, both being in big money contract conferences while UNI has to subsidize sports, which more than a few Regents hate. But more than that, they hate that UNI exists. UNI’s current president is the Regents’ lap dog.

Ronin62
October 23rd, 2021, 02:18 PM
The athletic department. UNI is competing with Iowa and Iowa State for funding. UNI has always been the unwanted stepchild, getting crumbs from the Regents and frankly, for a long time UNI’s lobbying strategy was to wait for the crumbs to fall to them and then praise the Regents for their generosity (FU, Pat). Many state reps from the Cedar Valley were pissed at UNI’s leadership for being so passive over the years.

Iowa and Iowa State won the lottery, athletics-wise, both being in big money contract conferences while UNI has to subsidize sports, which more than a few Regents hate. But more than that, they hate that UNI exists. UNI’s current president is the Regents’ lap dog.

Very true. Too bad they don't allocate funds based on in-state school enrollment.