PDA

View Full Version : FCS Media

HofstraFB
August 29th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Does anyone plan to listen to the new show on FCS football? It looks like they have a some nice guests on for tonights show.

I had brought this up to a friend on mine. Do you think this is good media attention towards FCS football? Or do you feel that fan message boards are all we need?

gmoney55
August 29th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Any media is good attention. Fan message boards are nice, but aren't exactly the exposure that I think we all strive for in FCS.

FCSFAN
August 29th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Go to http://www.broadcastmonsters.com/SMEN/smenradio.asx to listen live at 5:00pm EST. All shows will be archived and available for podcast on the website.

UAalum72
August 29th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Go to http://www.broadcastmonsters.com/SMEN/smenradio.asx to listen live at 5:00pm EST. All shows will be archived and available for podcast on the website.
Eastern Standard or Eastern Daylight Savings Time?

FCSFAN
August 29th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Eastern Standard or Eastern Daylight Savings Time?EST - Eastern Standard Time

UAalum72
August 29th, 2007, 01:54 PM
EST - Eastern Standard Time
OK, but not everybody keeps reading past 5 pm to notice it's Standard when we're on DST until Halloween.

AZGrizFan
August 29th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Well, since the Waves show is apparently "no more", this may be the only show in town anyways..... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

UNHWildCats
August 29th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Well, since the Waves show is apparently "no more", this may be the only show in town anyways..... xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

you could volunteer to be a guest host on Waves while Ralph's on leave :)

89Hen
August 29th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Damn straight its needed, even more here on Long Island.
xnodx Who's that sports writer that is a complete moron about I-AA? Yeah, yeah... many to chose from, but there was one guy on LI that was particularly bad.

HensRock
August 29th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Its currently 4pm.....their website countdown is now under 60min. So you have less than 60 min before it starts. does that clear things up?

What website?

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Excellent production value, good broadcasters.xthumbsupx

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 04:21 PM
These guys really are quite knowlegeable about FCS teams.xnodx

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 04:39 PM
They are taking phone calls. Get your call in.:D

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Bobby Hauck's up next! xbowx xbowx

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Interview with Delaware's play by play guy coming up.

FCSFAN
August 29th, 2007, 07:11 PM
ITS LIVE......so far, so good!
Great so far.....its whatr the FCS needs
Outstanding!!!!
Excellent broadcast.......I am a fan. I will tune in every week. Thats exactly what the FCS needsxlolx Are you a stockholder in the company? xlolx

UNHWildCats
August 29th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I think hes SMENet dude... only time he's on and posting here is when hes going on about that damn website and its radio show.

travelinman67
August 29th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Excellent broadcast.......I am a fan. I will tune in every week. Thats exactly what the FCS needs

Enough already, SMEawolves Fan. We get it. You do marketing.

It's a good broadcast, although a little more information on the SME website is in order (who's being interviewed, what's going to be discussed, etc...)

Due to "shaky" Inet transmission (and I'm on a T1), callers can often barely be heard, ad/intermission volume is being turned up (xsmhx ), and most importantly, NAME NAMES of the commentators & callers, then repeat it several times during the interview. Some great stuff...just needs some clean up.

Good show overall.
xthumbsupx

Oh, BTW, I think the Appy fans would like the home address of the commentator...xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 07:40 PM
These guys were totally professional. It had an ESPN feel. Callers were a lttle hard to hear but other than that these guys really covered a lot of FCS teams and knew their stuff. It was excellent. Just stating my opinion compared to what we've had before this is a tremendous step up.

UNHWildCats
August 29th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I was so gonna listen when I first heard about it... but they pissed me off so bad by always blabbing about it and the stupid polls on the website so now i have no intentions to listen to it at all

Mountaineer
August 29th, 2007, 07:43 PM
These guys were totally professional. It had an ESPN feel. Callers were a lttle hard to hear but other than that these guys really covered a lot of FCS teams and knew their stuff. It was excellent. Just stating my opinion compared to what we've had before this is a tremendous step up.

Ronbo mysteriously gets banned in 5..4..3.. :D

I'll have to give the podcast a listen as I missed the show, but it sounds good from what's been said. xthumbsupx

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I was so gonna listen when I first heard about it... but they pissed me off so bad by always blabbing about it and the stupid polls on the website so now i have no intentions to listen to it at all

Good more bandwidth for the rest of us. You missed them giving UNH kudos on their fan support which I thought was their biggest blunder. xlolx

McNeese_beat
August 29th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Good more bandwidth for the rest of us. You missed them giving UNH kudos on their fan support which I thought was their biggest blunder. xlolx

I wonder if they would sydnicate it to local on-air radio stations in FCS markets (apologize if it's already been addressed). I'd rather have that on one night out of the week than listen to more blabbing about Michael Vick.

dungeonjoe
August 29th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I find it interesting that there is more discussion about this new media event on AGS than on their messageboard partners, cs.com.

xconfusedx

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I find it interesting that there is more discussion about this new media event on AGS than on their messageboard partners, cs.com.

xconfusedx

They tried to partner with this site and was banned.

UNHWildCats
August 29th, 2007, 09:25 PM

I dont call what they did partnering.

Ronbo
August 29th, 2007, 09:30 PM
They have big banners on their site for the other message board. Don't you think they would have done that for this site? But no, this site saw them as a threat to their dominance. Instead of wanting to promote FCS on all levels and avenues this site wants to have a monopoly on it.

HensRock
August 29th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Does anyone plan to listen to the new show on FCS football?

What show?

their website countdown is now under 60min.

Again, What website ???

FCSFAN
August 29th, 2007, 10:03 PM
They have big banners on their site for the other message board.they have banners for egriz on their website (http://www.smebroadcasting.com)? I saw all kinds of advertising but no egriz banners.

travelinman67
August 29th, 2007, 10:15 PM
They have big banners on their site for the other message board. Don't you think they would have done that for this site? But no, this site saw them as a threat to their dominance. Instead of wanting to promote FCS on all levels and avenues this site wants to have a monopoly on it.

...2...1...BANNED!

Search*.* /Username>Ronbo "/Thread *.*" /del

xeekx xeekx

FCSFAN
August 29th, 2007, 10:23 PM
...2...1...BANNED!

Search*.* /Username>Ronbo "/Thread *.*" /del

xeekx xeekxwhat's with you? always talking about banning when it has nothing to do with anything? xrolleyesx can we please talk some football?

Mountaineer
August 29th, 2007, 10:30 PM
what's with you? always talking about banning when it has nothing to do with anything? xrolleyesx can we please talk some football?

Just curious: How do you have a join date of July 2003 with the name FCSFAN? The FCS name was first used last season. I also noticed you started posting just last month. Why the four year gap? xconfusedx

travelinman67
August 29th, 2007, 10:33 PM
what's with you? always talking about banning when it has nothing to do with anything?

IAAFan...

Say what? You read my sig that's a personal joke between Cap and myself and reached that conclusion? xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Get a life.xlolx xlolx

SMEawolves Fan...who were the hosts of the talkshow?

agsadmin
August 30th, 2007, 05:02 AM

so...?

the running conversation at cs of the show was about lasted what... 5 posts?

looks like AGS is more of a partner...

agsadmin
August 30th, 2007, 05:04 AM

My question is not about SME, it's about cs; why didn't they do more to promote the show before and during its run? More was done here than there.

Seawolf97
September 5th, 2007, 08:32 PM
xnodx Who's that sports writer that is a complete moron about I-AA? Yeah, yeah... many to chose from, but there was one guy on LI that was particularly bad.

Mr Marcus of Long Island Newsday. He actually wrote a positive article about Stonybrook just before the Georgetown game interviewing our coach. Hopefully he will do the same for Hofstra this weekend on Friday.