PDA

View Full Version : Southland/OVC Announce Scheduling Alliance

lionsrking2
October 11th, 2021, 12:40 PM
As expected ...

https://twitter.com/SouthlandSports/status/1447607913875447808?t=0cQlKrnG7Irtf0ffYR_jsQ&s=19

Professor
October 12th, 2021, 04:16 PM
Looks like both conferences are finding ways to stay alive

McCowboys
October 12th, 2021, 04:23 PM
At this point, almost anything is better than playing a conference member twice in a season. It will also be nice to have games against teams we may not have played before or in recent memory.

lionsrking2
October 12th, 2021, 04:38 PM
Looks like both conferences are finding ways to stay alive

Unfortunately.

Panther88
October 12th, 2021, 05:13 PM
I proposed a SWAC/SLC challenge of sorts earlier this spring and I think it has fallen on deaf ears. xsmhx

Daytripper
October 12th, 2021, 06:45 PM
I proposed a SWAC/SLC challenge of sorts earlier this spring and I think it has fallen on deaf ears. xsmhx

I Think it's a great idea. All I know is that the SLC and OVC will need to get creative to survive and/or remain relevant. I hope they do. I also hope that Sam Houston continues to play the LA schools occasionally in OOC games.

Outsider1
October 12th, 2021, 07:35 PM
Even though we lost, playing EKU was a great experience and match up. Sometimes it's nice playing new opponents. I think many of the SLC and OVC teams will find the same.

SpreadTheWord
October 12th, 2021, 08:48 PM
Even though we lost, playing EKU was a great experience and match up. Sometimes it's nice playing new opponents. I think many of the SLC and OVC teams will find the same.

I know I'm excited to go to Nashville to play Tennessee State. Hopefully we have an away game there next season.

SpreadTheWord
October 12th, 2021, 08:49 PM

I really hope UIW and ACU can schedule an annual OOC matchup together ever year. I want to visit that beautiful stadium y'all have.

Outsider1
October 12th, 2021, 10:23 PM
I know I'm excited to go to Nashville to play Tennessee State. Hopefully we have an away game there next season.

Some have good stadiums, others don't, but new matchups are still good. It also helps broaden exposure. It's always good to play you guys, but I think your passing attack would pick us apart right now.

katss07
October 12th, 2021, 10:55 PM
I really hope UIW and ACU can schedule an annual OOC matchup together ever year. I want to visit that beautiful stadium y'all have.
I really hope y’all join the WAC and it becomes an annual thing that way.

Libertine
October 12th, 2021, 10:58 PM
Interesting that the alliance is only for the next two seasons. This suggests to me that, just as the Southland is taking on TAMU-C, the OVC may also be looking at adding a D2 move-up.

SpreadTheWord
October 13th, 2021, 01:10 PM
I really hope y’all join the WAC and it becomes an annual thing that way.

Just gotta get some more Tom Benson estate money to upgrade our facilities!

McNeese75
October 13th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Just gotta get some more Tom Benson estate money to upgrade our facilities!

Better hurry, Mrs. Benson is giving it all to New Orleans xlolx

Daytripper
October 13th, 2021, 01:44 PM
Better hurry, Mrs. Benson is giving it all to New Orleans xlolx

Watch all things Benson go down hill that same way all things McNair did when Bob died. xsmhx