PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: A&T vs. KSU

WestCoastAggie
October 9th, 2021, 08:00 PM
Welp. This is going to be an elimination match.

HootyHoo
October 9th, 2021, 08:12 PM

A game thread? I’m not sure this game warrants a thread. Owls by 20.

WestCoastAggie
October 9th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Interesting

Katfan
October 9th, 2021, 09:38 PM
We’ll consider A&T eliminated

Blue Waves Crest
October 9th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Kennesaw is a nightmare if you’ve never played them before. You’ll find out how well your LB/DB can make solo tackles really quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestCoastAggie
October 9th, 2021, 10:47 PM
Kennesaw is a nightmare if you’ve never played them before. You’ll find out how well your LB/DB can make solo tackles really quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank goodness we have at least 3 LBs that can do just that. I’m worried that Kennesaw may throw the ball more than 11 times though. 🤦🏿

WestCoastAggie
October 9th, 2021, 10:51 PM
We’ll consider A&T eliminated
Maybe. Maybe not. We’ll see.

HootyHoo
October 13th, 2021, 01:04 PM
This will be a very interesting two weeks in the Big South. The four undefeated teams all play each other.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Looking forward to this game

not sure why it would be considered an elimination game as the school girl crush the voters have for Kennydoll is Real

Daytripper
October 13th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Looking forward to this game

not sure why it would be considered an elimination game as the school girl crush the voters have for Kennydoll is Real

I'm not sold on KSU yet. Win this one and I might buy in. I think it will be close. I picked A&T to win.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2021, 01:53 PM
I'm not sold on KSU yet. Win this one and I might buy in. I think it will be close. I picked A&T to win.

that’s the way I see it as well, I’m having a hard time pickin the winner on this one

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Does A&T’s game with Furman & Kennesaw’s game with Wofford…

…and then Wofford’s game with Furman provide any insight as to how this game might unfold?

HootyHoo
October 13th, 2021, 02:07 PM
Does A&T’s game with Furman & Kennesaw’s game with Wofford…

…and then Wofford’s game with Furman provide any insight as to how this game might unfold?

I think A&T will be the best FCS team KSU has faced so far. It should be a close game. Both teams like to run the ball and stop the run.

Katfan
October 13th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Thank goodness we have at least 3 LBs that can do just that. I’m worried that Kennesaw may throw the ball more than 11 times though. 臘
If they do you win!

WestCoastAggie
October 13th, 2021, 09:09 PM
If they do you win!

🤔

Professor
October 14th, 2021, 08:36 AM
I'm very interested to see the KSU defense against the A&T offense

HootyHoo
October 14th, 2021, 12:41 PM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-predictions-best-games-week-7-2021

Well Well, Bmac named this game his GOTW. A&T vs KSU is getting some nice buzz. He predicts the Owls win by 10, and I agree with him. 24-14 type of game. Jah-Maine Martin vs Xavier Shepherd is going to be a great matchup.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2021, 01:01 PM
Added a poll to this thread so we can see what AGS thinks. :)

WestCoastAggie
October 14th, 2021, 02:37 PM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-predictions-best-games-week-7-2021

Well Well, Bmac named this game his GOTW. A&T vs KSU is getting some nice buzz. He predicts the Owls win by 10, and I agree with him. 24-14 type of game. Jah-Maine Martin vs Xavier Shepherd is going to be a great matchup.
He won’t be the main Back for us.

HootyHoo
October 14th, 2021, 03:14 PM
He won’t be the main Back for us.

Well he has 30 more carries than anybody on your roster so he is your main back. Baker and Tuten are good backs as well. They are all dangerous.

DEX
October 14th, 2021, 08:48 PM
Our offense will have to put up major points for us to stay close.

Libertine
October 14th, 2021, 09:20 PM

I'm not sold on either team. KSU does, however, have some momentum built up and they're playing at home. Kennesaw is wildly overrated by the voters but I've still got them winning by 10.

HootyHoo
October 14th, 2021, 09:40 PM
I'm not sold on either team. KSU does, however, have some momentum built up and they're playing at home. Kennesaw is wildly overrated by the voters but I've still got them winning by 10.

Wildly overrated? ok enough. Hooty has officially had it. Kennesaw State is a top 10 team. This is not trolling. This is not homerism. It is a fact. The Owls are a disciplined smashmouth football team. KSU has never had the power run game like we do this season. The True Triple with a power QB is a whole different animal. Screw it, I'm calling a national title this season. Xavier Shepherd is about to run over all of you. The "I'm not sold on Kennesaw" era ends this season. Bring on the Bison! Bring on Barriere! Bring on the Bearkats!

Libertine
October 14th, 2021, 10:22 PM
Wildly overrated? ok enough. Hooty has officially had it. Kennesaw State is a top 10 team. This is not trolling. This is not homerism. It is a fact. The Owls are a disciplined smashmouth football team. KSU has never had the power run game like we do this season. The True Triple with a power QB is a whole different animal. Screw it, I'm calling a national title this season. Xavier Shepherd is about to run over all of you. The "I'm not sold on Kennesaw" era ends this season. Bring on the Bison! Bring on Barriere! Bring on the Bearkats!

https://i.gifer.com/79kv.gif

Your defense is still shaky despite your FCS opponents to this point being either offensively challenged or absurdly inconsistent.

HootyHoo
October 14th, 2021, 10:29 PM
https://i.gifer.com/79kv.gif

Your defense is still shaky despite your FCS opponents to this point being either offensively challenged or absurdly inconsistent.

lol Hooty might be drinking during this Game 5. Perhaps my reaction was a tad over the top. The defense is ranked #1 in the Big South in total D and Scoring D. But you are right the opposition. Fortunately, it looks like the Aggies will provide a legitimate challenge. The Owls need to make a statement this week.

WestCoastAggie
October 15th, 2021, 08:05 AM
Our offense will have to put up major points for us to stay close.

It’s imperative we continue our recent streak of scoring at least 3 points on our opening drive.

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Is Iaan Cousin fast?

he looks fast

HootyHoo
October 15th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Is Iaan Cousin fast?

he looks fast

Yes, He's made a couple house calls this season. Probably the biggest home run threat on the roster.

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2021, 05:46 PM
Yes, He's made a couple house calls this season. Probably the biggest home run threat on the roster.

His speed jumps out

Chalupa Batman
October 16th, 2021, 05:43 AM
I just hope both teams have fun today

POD Knows
October 16th, 2021, 09:43 AM
I got KSU here. Game won’t be close. #BOOKIT.

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2021, 09:49 AM
I got KSU here. Game won’t be close. #BOOKIT.

is this a serious book it?

POD Knows
October 16th, 2021, 10:01 AM
is this a serious book it?
KSU kills them. HOOTY is the greatest FCS analyst on this board. #BOOKIT.

BurialGround
October 16th, 2021, 12:02 PM
KSU lost a couple key players for the season this week, on top of other players who are out. I haven't seen A&T this year, but I respect their program and I'm a bit nervous about the game. Our offense might have to carry us. Should be fun.

MUHAWKS
October 16th, 2021, 06:41 PM
Not sure what kind of team NC A&T is, I know they have some talent, but I am watching this game and anyone who does not think Kennesaw at the very least has a VERY GOOD defense is wearing "FCS power conference" goggles.. Their offense is what it is-- But these guys are freaking solid on D

POD Knows
October 16th, 2021, 07:04 PM
That had to be a terrible spot on that 4th and 1. It didn’t look close but I guess they reviewed it.

WestCoastAggie
October 16th, 2021, 07:15 PM
Not sure what kind of team NC A&T is, I know they have some talent, but I am watching this game and anyone who does not think Kennesaw at the very least has a VERY GOOD defense is wearing "FCS power conference" goggles.. Their offense is what it is-- But these guys are freaking solid on D
They really are.

- - - Updated - - -

Good game Owls.

BurialGround
October 16th, 2021, 07:17 PM

Our run D is very good. We lack basic fundamentals in pass D that could easily be exposed by you guys and/or Campbell. We were lucky to be going against one of the worst FCS QBs I've ever seen. Our offense can move the ball, but we constantly shoot ourselves in the feet with turnovers and stupid penalties.

HootyHoo
October 17th, 2021, 10:08 AM
They really are.

- - - Updated - - -

Good game Owls.

Good game Aggies. Well played.

caribbeanhen
October 17th, 2021, 01:00 PM
KSU kills them. HOOTY is the greatest FCS analyst on this board. #BOOKIT.

if he would only stick around for the whole year he would be a threat

North Carolina A&T ran out of pesticide for their 2 big games this year so while Kenny is going in, they haven’t accomplished anything yet

Professor
October 18th, 2021, 12:23 AM
Our run D is very good. We lack basic fundamentals in pass D that could easily be exposed by you guys and/or Campbell. We were lucky to be going against one of the worst FCS QBs I've ever seen. Our offense can move the ball, but we constantly shoot ourselves in the feet with turnovers and stupid penalties.

Bwhahaha Fowler wasn't that bad but the drop passes ... YIKES

Professor
October 18th, 2021, 12:24 AM

That D Line is impressive. We had a couple of chances early and got wore down.

Great game and atmosphere.

BurialGround
October 18th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Bwhahaha Fowler wasn't that bad but the drop passes ... YIKES

The dropped passes didn't help, but he threw behind or overthrew open receivers on quite a few plays. 14-35 176 yards. Didn't do anything with his legs. Maybe it was just an off-night. I hope so! Good luck the rest of the way.

WestCoastAggie
October 18th, 2021, 05:07 PM
The dropped passes didn't help, but he threw behind or overthrew open receivers on quite a few plays. 14-35 176 yards. Didn't do anything with his legs. Maybe it was just an off-night. I hope so! Good luck the rest of the way.

We had no running game due to injuries, surprisingly. That led to a skiddish OL as KSU's defense could tee off. And those guys are fast.