PDA

View Full Version : Kidd-Brewer can hold more than the Big House!

AlphaSigMD
August 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Appalachian fans atleast....

How many Appalachian fans do you think will show up in Michigan?

Would 10,000 ASU fan in the seats be too much to ask for? Is 5000 a more realistic number? I very much doubt we could have the turnout that we had for the 2005 or 2006 national championship. I know that our little 1000 ticket allotment sold out very quickly and that there are a lot more going with tickets obtained elsewhere...

SO, how many do you think?

Saint3333
August 27th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Appalachian fans atleast....

How many Appalachian fans do you think will show up in Michigan?

Would 10,000 ASU fan in the seats be too much to ask for? Is 5000 a more realistic number? I very much doubt we could have the turnout that we had for the 2005 or 2006 national championship. I know that our little 1000 ticket allotment sold out very quickly and that there are a lot more going with tickets obtained elsewhere...

SO, how many do you think?

I believe we had a 3000 allotment plus the 300 for the band. I've also read of a few ASU fans going through stub hub, I'd say around 4K.

89Hen
August 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I'd say around 4K.
I really don't know how well ASU fans travel, but that seems like a good guess to me. xpeacex

Zoo
August 27th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I would agree with Hen, 4,000 seems good, but I'd like to say 5,000 maybe?

citdog
August 27th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I would agree with Hen, 4,000 seems good, but I'd like to say 5,000 maybe?

yall don't bring that many to Conference road games........ get real

89Hen
August 27th, 2007, 05:06 PM
The big disadvantage for ASU fans is the distance and difficulty getting tix. The Hens bring upwards of 10k to Navy, but that's a day trip and tix are easy to get. I honestly expect 12k for the Maryland if we can get the tix because that's only 1:30 from Newark.

FWIW, I think ASU would probably take more to say a Tennessee or VT game (about 3 hours). How many did you have at LSU?

89Hen
August 27th, 2007, 05:07 PM
See my above quote. The Hens will have 2-3k at W&M this Thursday, but 3x that for Navy.

Mountaineer#96
August 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM

Maybe you need to get real and make sure your butt is in Charleston for The Military College of South Carolina's homecoming this year, 3000+ ASU fans will be. We love coming down to Charleston...... I know I'll be there, to see the cadets and my "knob" little brother.

OL FU
August 27th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I would guess 3000 to 4000 came down to Furman in '06. If things go as planned I imagine you will fill the visitors side this yearxnodx

citdog
August 27th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Maybe you need to get real and make sure your butt is in Charleston for The Military College of South Carolina's homecoming this year, 3000+ ASU fans will be. We love coming down to Charleston...... I know I'll be there, to see the cadets and my "knob" little brother.
and perhaps take an L!

phillyAPP
August 27th, 2007, 07:46 PM
and perhaps take an L!

CitDog is barking loud and early.

We will see,,,,, I am another that oves Charleston....and watching APP football...........

AlphaSigMD
August 27th, 2007, 08:32 PM

I think that reason that ASU doesn't travel to the citadel is because ASU beating the Citadel is old news. I've personally seen ASU beat the grits out of the citadel no less than 5 times. When was the last time you won a game against us? I know that the last two years the score has been 45-13 and 42-13.......thats not exactly a red-letter day for the blue and white. We will probably play michigan closer than those scores.

AppSauceU
August 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I dont think you can compare the importance of a game at the citadel versus a game at michigan it just seems to me that there is a little bit more of a lure to go to michigan and just like Alpha said....beating the Citadel is not exactly a news breaker.....i think we will definitely travel better to michigan than the Citadel 5000 sounds like a good number to me

Saint3333
August 27th, 2007, 09:13 PM
ASU had well over 5K at NCSU last year. ASU travels well for the "big" games i.e. Chatty last year.

Citdog, ASU brings at least a couple thousand to Charleston every time I've been down there. But the game just doesn't appeal to ASU fans like a FBS game does. We bring more fans to Furman, WCU, Wofford, and Elon than we do to Citadel. I expect 4-5K for the Furman game this year is we're undefeated in the FCS up to that point.

As for the "L" in chucktown, ASU 12 - Citadel 1 in the last 13 years...xcoffeex

AlphaSigMD
August 27th, 2007, 09:20 PM
ASU had well over 5K at NCSU last year. ASU travels well for the "big" games i.e. Chatty last year.

Citdog, ASU brings at least a couple thousand to Charleston every time I've been down there. But the game just doesn't appeal to ASU fans like a FBS game does. We bring more fans to Furman, WCU, Wofford, and Elon than we do to Citadel. I expect 4-5K for the Furman game this year is we're undefeated in the FCS up to that point.

As for the "L" in chucktown, ASU 12 - Citadel 1 in the last 13 years...xcoffeex

thanks for the stat...i was looking around for it. where does one glean such pearls of wisdom?

EmeryZach
August 27th, 2007, 09:33 PM
How do you think the Michigan students and fans will react to all of you up there? I've heard they can be pretty hostile.

AppSauceU
August 27th, 2007, 09:40 PM
they will probably be pretty hospitable as they will probably believe App has no shot and this is just a warm up game for their big ten schedule...so i wouldnt predict any problems but hopefully their team will be just as cocky and non chalant about this game as their fans are

89Hen
August 28th, 2007, 09:52 AM
How do you think the Michigan students and fans will react to all of you up there? I've heard they can be pretty hostile.
I've heard the opposite... that they are actually some of the more subued fans in the BCS... don't confuse that with not devoted though.

GoGuins
August 28th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I've heard the opposite... that they are actually some of the more subued fans in the BCS... don't confuse that with not devoted though.

Correct, very hospitable fans. You'll get your occasionally drunken fan that might shout some insults, just like anywhere else

GoGuins
August 28th, 2007, 09:58 AM
they will probably be pretty hospitable as they will probably believe App has no shot and this is just a warm up game for their big ten schedule...so i wouldnt predict any problems but hopefully their team will be just as cocky and non chalant about this game as their fans are

The players are taking this game serious and aren't treating it like a "scrimmage"

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=627516#post627516

GaSouthern
August 28th, 2007, 11:09 AM
GSU brings over 15,000 to UGA games, I dont see why Appy could not bring 5k to the big house (I know distance is a factor there)

Saint3333
August 28th, 2007, 11:27 AM
thanks for the stat...i was looking around for it. where does one glean such pearls of wisdom?

Great site for head to head comparisions and vs. conference totals:

http://www.diaafootball.com/

ASU vs. everyone (since 1973)

http://www.diaafootball.com/wlt000280.html

89Hen
August 29th, 2007, 02:05 PM
GSU brings over 15,000 to UGA games
Is that really true? You've only been even bringing 15k to home games recently. xeyebrowx

SoCon48
August 30th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Is that really true? You've only been even bringing 15k to home games recently. xeyebrowx

OUCH!

89Hen
August 30th, 2007, 08:57 AM
OUCH!
Honestly wasn't supposed to be smack... I just have trouble believing they can bring as many to UGA as a home game. The Hens travel about as well as any I-AA but the most we've brought to an away game is less than half of a normal home game. xpeacex