PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Flying Clipboard

Libertine
October 6th, 2021, 11:54 AM
In possibly the mostest biggest bestest Big Sky Conference story ever (https://www.denverpost.com/2021/10/05/northern-colorado-max-mccaffrey-offensive-coordinator-accused-to-throwing-broken-clipboard-montana-state/), a Northern Colorado assistant has been reprimanded for throwing part of a broken clipboard into the stands during last weekend's game at Montana State.

Max McCaffrey, Northern Colorado's offensive coordinator, was apparently and righteously incensed after Dylan McCaffrey, his younger brother and NoCo's starting quarterback, threw a 2nd-quarter interception, so McCaffrey -- Max, not Dylan -- snapped his clipboard in half. A local Butte HS student, Max Demarais, attending the game had been heckling McCaffrey -- again Max, not Dylan -- and asked for a souvenir, to which Max -- McCaffrey, not Demarais -- responded by tossing a piece of the shattered clipboard into the stands, wildly missing Max -- Demarais, not McCaffrey -- by several rows and striking another unsuspecting spectator in the face.

The linked article posts a picture of the clipboard shard -- hereafter referred to as "The Greeley Boomerang" -- and my personal favorite line from any news story of 2021:

Demarais taunted McCaffrey about his pants before the clipboard was thrown, hitting a fan in another row. “I said, ‘Hey coach, maybe you should focus on how small your pants are, rather than breaking a clipboard,” the senior told the Tribune in a text message.

WestCoastAggie
October 6th, 2021, 12:34 PM
wow

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Was waiting to hear the story behind the rumored clipboard-gate. It's every bit as awesome as I could have hoped for.

The only thing missing is... let's see those pants. High-waters? Nut-huggers? Whatcha working with Max?

acbearkat
October 6th, 2021, 01:56 PM
The thing is at the FCS level, the student section is on the visitor's side, or at least it is at Bowers and Homer Bryce Stadium. If it's quiet enough, the players and coaches can hear what the students are saying.

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2021, 02:21 PM
The thing is at the FCS level, the student section is on the visitor's side, or at least it is at Bowers and Homer Bryce Stadium. If it's quiet enough, the players and coaches can hear what the students are saying.

Student section isn't behind visiting team at Bobcat Stadium. It was behind the home team, but now that the SE endzone has been bowled in, they are in the end zone seats.

Edit: the heckler in question was a senior at Butte High School, not MSU. So a KID got under his skin.

Catbooster
October 6th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Here's a funny article about it:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/christian-mccaffreys-brother-chucked-a-clipboard-into-the-crowd-after-a-fan-criticized-his-pants/ar-AAPcN0S?ocid=uxbndlbing

Rjones61
October 6th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Bo Pelini should hire him.

JALMOND
October 6th, 2021, 04:12 PM
the heckler in question was a senior at Butte High School, not MSU. So a KID got under his skin.

Do kids in Butte still run around with no pants on? If so, that would explain a lot about this story. xlolx

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2021, 04:38 PM
Do kids in Butte still run around with no pants on? If so, that would explain a lot about this story. xlolx

xconfusedx I guess I'm not familiar with this Butte tradition, but I've spent almost no time in Butte. During St. Patty's Day I believe no-pants is not unusual.

Side note: When I googled the kid's name though, he won homecoming king last week and followed it up by becoming national news for heckling with a pretty funny line. Solid week for that lad.

JALMOND
October 6th, 2021, 05:17 PM
xconfusedx I guess I'm not familiar with this Butte tradition, but I've spent almost no time in Butte. During St. Patty's Day I believe no-pants is not unusual.

I heard it from one of my friends who grew up in Anaconda. He said one of the differences between Butte and Anaconda was that you don't wear pants in Butte until after high school.

I do know when I was in college (Rocky Mountain College), to describe doing something most people would consider "odd", we would say "It's a Butte thing".

Fun times. :)

mvemjsunpx
October 6th, 2021, 05:43 PM
Hard to believe this guy would turn out to be a douche. xchinscratchx

https://i.postimg.cc/C1wL50VB/max-mccaffrey-1.jpg

Libertine
October 6th, 2021, 08:07 PM
Hard to believe this guy would turn out to be a douche. xchinscratchx

https://i.postimg.cc/C1wL50VB/max-mccaffrey-1.jpg

Bunch o' things here:

1. Good Lord, he looks like a herpes cell with teeth.
2. That shirt features NFL All-Pro Christian McCaffrey on the left, NFL All-Pro Ed McCaffrey in the middle and, on the right, a reversed action shot of Max McCaffrey from his two years on the 49er's practice roster.
3. At this moment, a Google search of "Max McCaffrey" auto-completes to "Max McCaffrey pants".

mvemjsunpx
October 6th, 2021, 10:17 PM
3. At this moment, a Google search of "Max McCaffrey" auto-completes to "Max McCaffrey pants".

Now he's been eternally owned by a high school kid from Butte. xrotatehx

Houndawg
October 7th, 2021, 06:50 AM
I heard it from one of my friends who grew up in Anaconda. He said one of the differences between Butte and Anaconda was that you don't wear pants in Butte until after high school.

I do know when I was in college (Rocky Mountain College), to describe doing something most people would consider "odd", we would say "It's a Butte thing".

Fun times. :)

Sounds like bull****, I have it on good authority that shoes were being worn in Butte as early as 1960.

Pards Rule
October 7th, 2021, 06:55 AM
Was waiting to hear the story behind the rumored clipboard-gate. It's every bit as awesome as I could have hoped for.

The only thing missing is... let's see those pants. High-waters? Nut-huggers? Whatcha working with Max?

My Bobcat friend, MSUBobcat (a very very personal friend was MSU grad at Hanna Car Wash Systems (where he worked in Portland and I in NJ), OEM supplier around world, Ron Holm, and he and I would chat about our respective conferences. I DO need to know, IMMEDIATELY, about these pants. There MUST be a picture!!