PDA

View Full Version : CAA In Season Discussions Fall 2021

KPSUL
October 5th, 2021, 12:01 PM
The CAA needed a thread to talk about any and all things beyond the Pick-em threads. Because our games are televised primarily on FLO TV and regional networks, AGS posters from other conferences are not watching many, if any, CAA games and few threads or posts delve into CAA issues.

The first observation I'd make is that there is greater parity than ever in the conference. Just look at the scores last week and how difficult it will be to pick the winners this upcoming Saturday. For fifteen years we've heard coaches say how tough it was to win in the CAA and that every weekend was a challenge. Many years that was, "sort of" true but not completely by any measure. The last four seasons we've had very good parity, once you took JMU out of the conversation.

Sitting Bull
October 5th, 2021, 12:31 PM
It’s still early though a few takeaways I would have going into Week 6:

Villanova now is my current favorite to win it
JMU is vulnerable as shown at UNH. I think they will lose 2 CAA games.
Delaware looks softer than expected
URI and W&M have the position so far to be the surprise team(s)
W&M has a schedule now favorable for a 4-0 start, the finish though is brutal with UD, Nova, JMU and UR
I’m now fascinated to watch Elon’s balance of the season and performance of Davis Cheek.
Richmond in early trouble starting 0-2 with games still left against JMU, Delaware and @W&M

From W&M perspective, have been surprised and impressed with the defense overall and the play of freshman QB Darius Wilson. I hope London sticks with him.

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2021, 12:35 PM
I try to check in on as many FCS games as possible

One thing that is pretty obvious is the CAA overall just doesn’t have the playmakers at the skill positions I see in several other conferences

You could counter that opinion by saying its the Defense which are still pretty good

but CAA is just not as talented as it was years ago

Libertine
October 5th, 2021, 01:03 PM
One thing that is pretty obvious is the CAA overall just doesn’t have the playmakers at the skill positions I see in several other conferences

I've tried to watch a couple of CAA games this year and just...couldn't. It was either change the channel or fall asleep. I think it starts at QB -- Elon's guy is the only CAA QB in the top 15 of FCS passing -- but I also couldn't name a standout receiver in the CAA and the stats say that there isn't one. Across the league, the ball simply isn't going downfield with any consistency and short passes aren't resulting in a lot of YAC. In theory, that should mean that team rushing offense is up but that simply isn't the case either. You could say that the defenses are that good but I would counter by saying that the defenses look good because the offenses don't.

Overall, it feels like teams are playing toward the middle. The teams at the top of the standings are doing just enough to get out with the win and the teams at the bottom are scrapping for a break that just doesn't come.

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2021, 01:16 PM

........MADISON WAS COMIN' OFFAH BYE....ON DUH ROAD.......PLAYIN' UH 77-7 LOSER......WHIFF STIFFEST TEST ON SKED......ON HORIZON....AWQUE!

.........? IS....IS RHODEY REAL.......DATES WHIFF YOU-DEE/'NOVA................REST UH SKED....APPEARS MANAGEABLE........BRAWK!

...........DELAWARE'S O-LINE IS PRETTY HEALTHY....IN LAST 2 GAMES....LEE 100YDS + IN EACH.......DEFENSE IS POTENT...........ON AGIN' OFFAH GIN'.......HEALTH UH HENDERSON......DUH ?

.......'NOVA IS AS REAL AS MADISON...........COMIN' OFFAH BYE.......WHIFF OR WHIFF OUT....DUH RUST?

......REST IS JES' FAIR TA MIDDLIN'........ .500 +/-..................AWK!

acbearkat
October 5th, 2021, 01:25 PM
James Madison is clearly the class of the Colonial right now. They had three turnovers against UNH, but defensively they played well. The Dukes are still national championship contenders. It will be interesting to see how UNH plays against Dartmouth, which is coming off a shellacking of Penn this past Friday night (Penn didn't look good in that game). I think the New Hampshire/Rhode Island matchup could determine which of those teams gets a playoff bid, especially if Rhode Island doesn't beat UMass. New Hampshire has some talent, there's no question about that. James Madison has Villanova at home this weekend.

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2021, 03:13 PM
I've tried to watch a couple of CAA games this year and just...couldn't. It was either change the channel or fall asleep. I think it starts at QB -- Elon's guy is the only CAA QB in the top 15 of FCS passing -- but I also couldn't name a standout receiver in the CAA and the stats say that there isn't one. Across the league, the ball simply isn't going downfield with any consistency and short passes aren't resulting in a lot of YAC. In theory, that should mean that team rushing offense is up but that simply isn't the case either. You could say that the defenses are that good but I would counter by saying that the defenses look good because the offenses don't.

Overall, it feels like teams are playing toward the middle. The teams at the top of the standings are doing just enough to get out with the win and the teams at the bottom are scrapping for a break that just doesn't come.

I think you just agreed with me in a very eloquent way

Libertine
October 5th, 2021, 03:21 PM
I think you just agreed with me in a very eloquent way

You are both kind and correct. xcoolx

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2021, 03:39 PM

.....IN DUH FIRST FIVE WEEKS UH FCS........CONFERENCE PLAY OWNLAH....11 GAMES........CAA HAS SCORED 517 POINTS BETWEENS US......................TWO UH THOSE GAMES...WERE RI 16/ALBANY 14......&......DELAWARE 20/ALBANY 15......LOOKS TA ME LIKE THERE'S LOTTAH GAME ACTION....GOIN' ON.....................BRAWK!

KPSUL
October 5th, 2021, 04:27 PM
There are a bunch of excellent QBs currently playing in the CAA. Let's start with Daniel Smith (Villanova), Kasim Hill (URI), Jeff Undercuffler (Alb), Cole Johnson (JMU), Tyquell Fields (SB) and Davis Cheek (Elon). Combine that with another group that is out for the season, or walking wounded: Nolan Henderson(DE), Joe Mancuso(Rich), Max Brosmer(UNH) and Joe Fagnano (ME). So 10 of 12 teams came into the 2021 season solid at the QB position with a proven guy who had at least the 2019 season and the 2021 Spring behind them as a starter.

If you can't name a standout wide receiver it must be because you are falling asleep or not watching any games. You may not find a WR that is targeted on 50% of the pass plays and therefore put up 100+ receiving yards every game, but that is because to be competitive against a solid defense you need to distribute the ball to a variety of receivers.

I think it is MUCH more common at the FCS level that the offenses look good because the defenses aren't, than the counter argument made in posts above.

I do agree that the defenses are the strength of the CAA up and down the conference And our teams know their conference opponents well and frequently game plan very well. There really is no dead weight in the CAA. The teams that end up in the bottom 1/3 of CAA standings this year would be able to roll over the bottom 1/3 of every FCS conference except for the MVFC. When I look at the remaining CAA schedule for UNH, I really don't see a game that is not both winnable and losable.

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2021, 05:47 PM
http://hosted.stats.com/cfb/leaders.asp?cat=10&lg=999

Yes some good QBs in the CAA

I think they need more big play receivers

check out the stats of top FCS WRs, no CAA players on short list

KPSUL
October 5th, 2021, 06:24 PM
http://hosted.stats.com/cfb/leaders.asp?cat=10&lg=999

Yes some good QBs in the CAA

I think they need more big play receivers

check out the stats of top FCS WRs, no CAA players on short list

"You may not find a WR that is targeted on 50% of the pass plays and therefore put up 100+ receiving yards every game, but that is because to be competitive against a solid defense you need to distribute the ball to a variety of receivers."

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2021, 07:22 PM
http://hosted.stats.com/cfb/leaders.asp?lg=999&cat=6

passing Yards Johnson of JMU at # 19 but that’s it

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2021, 07:46 PM
.......DUH ARGUMENT IS STATS......AH'LL TAKE DUH POINTS.........BRAWQUE!!

acbearkat
October 5th, 2021, 07:49 PM
There are a bunch of excellent QBs currently playing in the CAA. Let's start with Daniel Smith (Villanova), Kasim Hill (URI), Jeff Undercuffler (Alb), Cole Johnson (JMU), Tyquell Fields (SB) and Davis Cheek (Elon). Combine that with another group that is out for the season, or walking wounded: Nolan Henderson(DE), Joe Mancuso(Rich), Max Brosmer(UNH) and Joe Fagnano (ME). So 10 of 12 teams came into the 2021 season solid at the QB position with a proven guy who had at least the 2019 season and the 2021 Spring behind them as a starter.

If you can't name a standout wide receiver it must be because you are falling asleep or not watching any games. You may not find a WR that is targeted on 50% of the pass plays and therefore put up 100+ receiving yards every game, but that is because to be competitive against a solid defense you need to distribute the ball to a variety of receivers.

I think it is MUCH more common at the FCS level that the offenses look good because the defenses aren't, than the counter argument made in posts above.

I do agree that the defenses are the strength of the CAA up and down the conference And our teams know their conference opponents well and frequently game plan very well. There really is no dead weight in the CAA. The teams that end up in the bottom 1/3 of CAA standings this year would be able to roll over the bottom 1/3 of every FCS conference except for the MVFC. When I look at the remaining CAA schedule for UNH, I really don't see a game that is not both winnable and losable.

Who is #81 for James Madison? I forgot his name, and James played Sam Houston in the FCS semifinals in the spring. I remember him, but not his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2021, 08:31 PM
.......DUH ARGUMENT IS STATS......AH'LL TAKE DUH POINTS.........BRAWQUE!!

it was the eyeball that told me

Just checking stats for kind of a vision test

KPSUL
October 5th, 2021, 09:10 PM
Who is #81 for James Madison? I forgot his name, and James played Sam Houston in the FCS semifinals in the spring. I remember him, but not his name.

I had to look it up since there is no #81 on JMU this Fall. But it was Antwane Wells who now wears #7.

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2021, 09:17 PM
I had to look it up since there is no #81 on JMU this Fall. But it was Antwane Wells who now wears #7.

....AH CHECKED ON IT TOO......THRU GOHENS POOL......WHICH ALLOWS VIEWS OF TEAM ROSTERS.....NO #81......BUT DIDN'T KNOW HOW CURRENT..... IT WAS........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 5th, 2021, 09:43 PM
.....SO.....DECIDED TA CHECK OUT ANTWANE WELLS JR.:

WEEK 1...MOREHEAD STATE... 4 RECEPS.......5YD TD................FOR 60 YDS.
WEEK 2...MAINE................... 8 RECEPS.......51 & 73 YD TDs.....FOR 179 YDS.
WEEK 3...WEBER STATE..........8 RECEPS.......5 & 14 YD TDs......FOR 78 YDS.
WEEK 4...BYE
WEEK 5...NEW HAMPSHIRE......6 RECEPS.................................FOR 35 YDS.

5 TD's/4 GAMES.....26 RECEPS......352 yds. 13.5 AVG.

IS HE AMONGST DUH LEADERS?.....DON'T KNOW........BUT PRETTY SOLID CAA WR..........WE HAVE OURAH PLAYERS......BRAWK!!

HAS UH SISTER HE CALLS SNOOKIE
PET BOX TURTLE..........HE NAMED.........JAMES MADISON
FAV TUNES......WU-TANG CLAN........THE W ALBUM
FAVORITE COLOR....PURPLE
HOT FO' UD DANCE TEAM
TEAM MATES CALL HIM 7
WANTS TA MEET SHAKIRA ON THE DATING GAME
AN' HE HAS EXTENSIVE THIMBLE COLLECTION

Tribe4SF
October 6th, 2021, 03:30 AM
http://hosted.stats.com/cfb/leaders.asp?lg=999&cat=6

passing Yards Johnson of JMU at # 19 but that’s it

Davis Cheek #12.

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2021, 05:30 AM
Davis Cheek #12.

good QB and seems he’s been around for a long long time

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2021, 07:46 AM
HISTORY LESSON.....2018......#5 RANKED ELON....CAME TA NEW-ARK.......OCT 13TH.......UNLUCKY DAY FO' CHEEK......BROKE HIS LEG.....AFTERAH HANDFUL UH PLAYS.......YOU-DEE WON 28-16....BRAWK!

KPSUL
October 6th, 2021, 07:52 AM
.....SO.....DECIDED TA CHECK OUT ANTWANE WELLS JR.:

WEEK 1...MOREHEAD STATE... 4 RECEPS.......5YD TD................FOR 60 YDS.
WEEK 2...MAINE................... 8 RECEPS.......51 & 73 YD TDs.....FOR 179 YDS.
WEEK 3...WEBER STATE..........8 RECEPS.......5 & 14 YD TDs......FOR 78 YDS.
WEEK 4...BYE
WEEK 5...NEW HAMPSHIRE......6 RECEPS.................................FOR 35 YDS.

5 TD's/4 GAMES.....26 RECEPS......352 yds. 13.5 AVG.

IS HE AMONGST DUH LEADERS?.....DON'T KNOW........BUT PRETTY SOLID CAA WR..........WE HAVE OURAH PLAYERS......BRAWK!!

HAS UH SISTER HE CALLS SNOOKIE
PET BOX TURTLE..........HE NAMED.........JAMES MADISON
FAV TUNES......WU-TANG CLAN........THE W ALBUM
FAVORITE COLOR....PURPLE
HOT FO' UD DANCE TEAM
TEAM MATES CALL HIM 7
WANTS TA MEET SHAKIRA ON THE DATING GAME
AN' HE HAS EXTENSIVE THIMBLE COLLECTION

Kris Thornton had about 120 yards receiving and 2 TDs vs UNH and passed Wells as the JMU season leader. Thornton has over 400 yards in 5 games.

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2021, 07:59 AM
....HEY LIBERTINE........SURE YOUSE WEREN'T WATCHIN'.....DUH PATRIOT LEAGUE CHANNELL...???..............................BRAWK!

Libertine
October 6th, 2021, 08:14 AM
I'm not a Colonial guy so I'll let you guys hash this out. I'm just a guy who has and continues to watch a lot of FCS football and I stand by my initial thought.

This isn't a distribution issue. I can't name a standout receiver because there's no one stretching the field vertically and there's no one who's able to dominate a defense -- any defense, apparently -- through speed, size or agility. There's no one that defenses are particularly worried about and there's no one that offense's are trying to feed. On the QB side, I'll give you that Cheek and Fagnano have been pretty good but everyone else has been pretty much good enough to start in the CAA and that's it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2021, 08:20 AM
Kris Thornton had about 120 yards receiving and 2 TDs vs UNH and passed Wells as the JMU season leader. Thornton has over 400 yards in 4 games.

OVERAH....700 + YDS......SPREAD OUT................NO ONE LEADER..........128 TEAMS.....128 STARTIN' QB'S.........128...RB'S....400+ WR'S/TE'S.......OWN-LAH UH FEW CAN BE DUH LEADERS.........AWK!

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2021, 08:49 AM
I'm not a Colonial guy so I'll let you guys hash this out. I'm just a guy who has and continues to watch a lot of FCS football and I stand by my initial thought.

This isn't a distribution issue. I can't name a standout receiver because there's no one stretching the field vertically and there's no one who's able to dominate a defense -- any defense, apparently -- through speed, size or agility. There's no one that defenses are particularly worried about and there's no one that offense's are trying to feed. On the QB side, I'll give you that Cheek and Fagnano have been pretty good but everyone else has been pretty much good enough to start in the CAA and that's it.

Daniel Smith could start anywhere

My point was overall the CAA is down at the WR position, that statement doesn’t mean their aren’t some good ones

For Mr C, check out some Southland games .... several WRs south of the border with big time talent that put fear into the Defense

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2021, 08:56 AM

.....C'MON MAN......COACHES......WORRY....'BOUT EVERYTHIN'........DEY PERUSE DIS BOARD....TA FIND OUT.......INJURIES.....ANY INFO....DAT COOD GIVE 'EM.....DUH EDGE......AH HEARD KEELER SAY DAT....ON HIS YOU-DEE RADIO SHOW.............BRAWK!

KPSUL
October 6th, 2021, 10:47 AM

Davis Cheek is arguably, but not definitively, the 3rd best QB in the CAA, behind Daniel Smith and Cole Johnson. Fagnano I'd say is in a grouping of the next 5 best, with Nolan Henderson Joe Mancuso, Kasim Hill and Jeff Undercuffler. And I could be missing a QB or two in these groupings, and on any given game-day, any of the top 8 or so CAA QBs could be the standout of the weekend.

There is just as much depth in WRs. Who do you think these QBs are throwing the ball to? If all you care about is WRs who roll up big yardage then you should love Rhode Island. Over the past 3 seasons, URI has graduated 3 huge yardage WRs who are now on either NFL regular rosters or practice squads. However, URI has yet to make the FCS playoffs. Once again, URI currently has the leading receiver in the CAA.

KPSUL
October 6th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Daniel Smith could start anywhere

My point was overall the CAA is down at the WR position, that statement doesn’t mean their aren’t some good ones

For Mr C, check out some Southland games .... several WRs south of the border with big time talent that put fear into the Defense

That's because traditionally the defenses in the Southland are somewhere between mediocre and non-existent.

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Davis Cheek is arguably, but not definitively, the 3rd best QB in the CAA, behind Daniel Smith and Cole Johnson. Fagnano I'd say is in a grouping of the next 5 best, with Nolan Henderson Joe Mancuso, Kasim Hill and Jeff Undercuffler. And I could be missing a QB or two in these groupings, and on any given game-day, any of the top 8 or so CAA QBs could be the standout of the weekend.

There is just as much depth in WRs. Who do you think these QBs are throwing the ball to? If all you care about is WRs who roll up big yardage then you should love Rhode Island. Over the past 3 seasons, URI has graduated 3 huge yardage WRs who are now on either NFL regular rosters or practice squads. However, URI has yet to make the FCS playoffs. Once again, URI currently has the leading receiver in the CAA.

Yes, Aaron Parker was a stud, pure talent but he and his WR teammate (What was name?) are not in the CAA anymore

my opinion is based in Fall 2021

KPSUL
October 6th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Yes, Aaron Parker was a stud, pure talent but he and his WR teammate (What was name?) are not in the CAA anymore

It seems rather premature to be making general statements about the receivers being "down" in the conference based on less than half a season. All of our teams with big passing numbers have at least two top receivers so far this year. Certainly having several presumptive starting QB go down before or at the start the the season contributes slightly to lower passing numbers.

KPSUL
October 6th, 2021, 11:48 AM

Isiah Coulter was drafted, I think Aaron parker was offered a Undrafted Rookie Contract. I was wrong about 3 URI WRs in the NFL, Parker and Coulter are the only two. There are two others but they are not WRs.

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Isiah Coulter was drafted, I think Aaron parker was offered a Undrafted Rookie Contract. I was wrong about 3 URI WRs in the NFL, Parker and Coulter are the only two. There are two others but they are not WRs.

Coulter, couldn’t remember his name. I think Parker is on a NFL practice squad

by the way, 3 Members of 2017 Bluehen Defense are in NFL and playing!

Gangtackle11
October 6th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Nova has 2 NFL players. Tanoh Kpassagnon is on the 53-man and starts at DE for the Saints.

Ethan Greenidge OL is on Saints IR.

LB Austin Calitro was a 4 year NFL vet & was waived by the Bears after getting hurt. Has not caught on with another team as of this post. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2021, 05:02 PM
Nova has 2 NFL players. Tanoh Kpassagnon is on the 53-man and starts at DE for the Saints.

Ethan Greenidge OL is on Saints IR.

LB Austin Calitro was a 4 year NFL vet & was waived by the Bears after getting hurt. Has not caught on with another team as of this post. xpeacex

Hayek is a good CAA WR

Pitts is good but not targeted enough - only has 11 receptions so far

Coleman is solid but not spectacular

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2021, 08:11 PM
I really like this young writer and contributor for Hero Sports

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-jmu-villanova-rhode-island-delaware-dsds/

Daniel Steenkamer

remember the name!

KPSUL
October 7th, 2021, 10:19 AM
It’s still early though a few takeaways I would have going into Week 6:

Villanova now is my current favorite to win it
JMU is vulnerable as shown at UNH. I think they will lose 2 CAA games.
Delaware looks softer than expected
URI and W&M have the position so far to be the surprise team(s)
W&M has a schedule now favorable for a 4-0 start, the finish though is brutal with UD, Nova, JMU and UR
I’m now fascinated to watch Elon’s balance of the season and performance of Davis Cheek.
Richmond in early trouble starting 0-2 with games still left against JMU, Delaware and @W&M

From W&M perspective, have been surprised and impressed with the defense overall and the play of freshman QB Darius Wilson. I hope London sticks with him.

IMHO - JMU will defend its home turf this Saturday and likely finish either 10-1 or 11-0. They could lose one of their remaining away games (Delaware, Richmond, W&M), but I'd have my money on 11-0. I don't think the UNH game exposed any particular weakness in JMU, in fact they showed resilience and the ability to pull out a win even when they are not playing their best. The JMU defense looked solid as ever. The offensive made an uncharacteristic 3 turnovers: one 90 yard scoop and score and a pick 6. The 3rd turnover (QB fumble) gave UNH their best starting field position of the day and led to their only offensive TD. Cole Johnson had not thrown an interception all year. And UNH causing turnovers and pressuring an offense is nothing unique to this game, they lead the CAA in turnovers caused, Interceptions, and sacks.

Currently I think Albany is the most undervalued team in the conference. They always come to play a tough physical game. They have good receivers and an experienced, proven QB in Undercuffler. Karl Mofor runs like a freight train.

URI is really not a big surprise, they were 2-1 before COVID ended their Spring Season. They beat Villanova and Albany on the road in OT and lost to Delaware at home. That DE @ URI game makes the rematch this weekend all the more interesting.

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2021, 11:09 AM
IMHO - JMU will defend its home turf this Saturday and likely finish either 10-1 or 11-0. They could lose one of their remaining away games (Delaware, Richmond, W&M), but I'd have my money on 11-0. I don't think the UNH game exposed any particular weakness in JMU, in fact they showed resilience and the ability to pull out a win even when they are not playing their best. The JMU defense looked solid as ever. The offensive made an uncharacteristic 3 turnovers: one 90 yard scoop and score and a pick 6. The 3rd turnover (QB fumble) gave UNH their best starting field position of the day and led to their only offensive TD. Cole Johnson had not thrown an interception all year. And UNH causing turnovers and pressuring an offense is nothing unique to this game, they lead the CAA in turnovers caused, Interceptions, and sacks.

Currently I think Albany is the most undervalued team in the conference. They always come to play a tough physical game. They have good receivers and an experienced, proven QB in Undercuffler. Karl Mofor runs like a freight train.

URI is really not a big surprise, they were 2-1 before COVID ended their Spring Season. They beat Villanova and Albany on the road in OT and lost to Delaware at home. That DE @ URI game makes the rematch this weekend all the more interesting.

ALBANY........WAS STYMIED @ DELAWARE....WHIFF POOR FIELD POSITION ALL GAME.......GOT OUT TA DUH FORTY.....UNDER-DAWG.......MISSED UH COUPLE DEEPERS......MOFOR HELD TA 69 YDS........RAMS BEAT 'EM BAH UH FG...@ 13:25 4Q........DERE WAS PLENTY UH TIME.....TA RESPOND.......AWK!

......CORRECT RHODEY IS NO SUPRISE......WHIFF FIRST FOUR GAMES UH SKED.......NOT UH WINNER INNER......OUTSIDE UH 3-2 BRYANT......IN SPRING....RAMBOS HAD DUH CAA OFFENSIVE ROOKIE...IN RB..ROGER BROWN......WHO CLIPPED 'NOVA FOR FOUR TD'S....BUT WHOM DOES NOT APPEAR IN ANY FALL BOX SCORES.........LET US SEE...IFIN' DEY CAN BEAT....SOME-BODAH UH NOTE........BRAQUE!

Sitting Bull
October 7th, 2021, 12:25 PM

Anything can happen - but UAlbany ranks last in the CAA in rushing offense and rushing defense. Those are big metrics in my opinion. W&M ranks 4th in both.

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2021, 01:09 PM
It seems rather premature to be making general statements about the receivers being "down" in the conference based on less than half a season. All of our teams with big passing numbers have at least two top receivers so far this year. Certainly having several presumptive starting QB go down before or at the start the the season contributes slightly to lower passing numbers.

I don’t think it’s premature at all, I’m a first impression kind of guy

KPSUL
October 7th, 2021, 02:16 PM
I don’t think it’s premature at all, I’m a first impression kind of guy

Well, that explains it then. First impressions can often be wrong.

KPSUL
October 7th, 2021, 02:50 PM
Anything can happen - but UAlbany ranks last in the CAA in rushing offense and rushing defense. Those are big metrics in my opinion. W&M ranks 4th in both.

Albany's 2 conference games have both been with teams currently in the top 4 of the CAA and both games have been fairly low scoring and very close throughout. While the other CAA teams were playing MEAC, NEC and Patriot OOC opponents, Albany went to Fargo so that's a bit of a statistical outlier - particularly when looking at rushing stats. They also played a P5 FBS team and got boat raced, (which several other CAA teams did as well). Additionally, I have to admit that Karl Mofor looks a bit slower than he was back in 2019. But he's still a human bludgeon and there was some NFL interest in him at the end of 2019. Albany tends to use him most effectively in the 2nd half to seal the deal, when they are ahead - something they haven't been this season.

But as you say, anything can happen. And losing can become a habit when it starts occurring to a team repeatedly. My comments on this thread regarding the Danes were not made relative to the W&M game this Saturday, although if you checked my CAA Pick'em you'd see I'm taking Albany. However, I'm confident about none of picks this week - virtually all toss ups IMO.

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Well, that explains it then. First impressions can often be wrong.

They can be, but ask Daytripper about my first impression of Sam Houston last February. I’ll go with what my eyes are telling me.

UAalum72
October 7th, 2021, 08:18 PM
You're a lot higher on Albany than most of the Albany forum, where predictions of a 1- or 2- win season (Morgan State and who else?) are widespread. I don't think the defense has been that bad, and they seem to have fixed the place-kicking problems that cost the Rhode Island game, but the O-line hasn't been opening holes, the QB and his receivers haven't been connecting, and the kickoff/punt teams have been giving up huge returns.

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2021, 08:37 PM
You're a lot higher on Albany than most of the Albany forum, where predictions of a 1- or 2- win season (Morgan State and who else?) are widespread. I don't think the defense has been that bad, and they seem to have fixed the place-kicking problems that cost the Rhode Island game, but the O-line hasn't been opening holes, the QB and his receivers haven't been connecting, and the kickoff/punt teams have been giving up huge returns.

..................RUH-RHO !

hoidOfYolen
October 7th, 2021, 08:47 PM
This mindset baffles me. Cheek is not just arguably top 3, he is DEFINITELY top 3 and arguably the best. Have y'all not watched him play? He's DEFINITELY better than Cole Johnson and arguably better than Daniel Smith. I wouldn't disagree with anyone who says Smith is probably better right now though, Smith is playing well and their record is speaking for itself (Elon is struggling to win when they could be blowing teams out). I may be a homer but I think Cheek is the real deal.

edit: for some reason it didn't quote the post from the person saying Cheek is arguably top 3.

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 7th, 2021, 09:33 PM
Looking forward to see just how good Cheek is. Our pass rush has not been good, hoping we have some schemes to put some pressure on him. I have been told that Cheek is not that mobile, how true is that???

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2021, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=hoidOfYolen;2999928]This mindset baffles me. Cheek is not just arguably top 3, he is DEFINITELY top 3 and arguably the best. Have y'all not watched him play? He's DEFINITELY better than Cole Johnson and arguably better than Daniel Smith. I wouldn't disagree with anyone who says Smith is probably better right now though, Smith is playing well and their record is speaking for itself (Elon is struggling to win when they could be blowing teams out). I may be a homer but I think Cheek is the real deal.

CHEEK.......................127/208 61% 1387 YDS. 8 TD'S 2 INT 5 GAMES

SMITH.......................65/104 62.5% 820 YDS. 10 TD'S 3 INT 4 GAMES

JOHNSON..................97/130 74.6% 1127 YDS. 14 TD'S 1 INT 4 GAMES

.........NITEY-NITE......holdOfYolen..........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2021, 09:54 PM
Looking forward to see just how good Cheek is. Our pass rush has not been good, hoping we have some schemes to put some pressure on him. I have been told that Cheek is not that mobile, how true is that???

......DAVIS........'BOUT AS MOBILE.......AS UH BOX TRUCK......BAWK!

.....28 CARRYS 95 YDS 3.4 YDS AVG 5 GAMES

Tribe4SF
October 8th, 2021, 04:21 AM

He is elusive and his timing and vision make it very difficult to get to him. Gets rid of the ball when he needs to and is very accurate. More than capable when he needs to run. W&M had 13 sacks through 3 games but never got to Cheek.

KPSUL
October 8th, 2021, 08:18 AM

Albany's head coach, the Albany fans affectionately refer to as G.G., has sort of a dour, fatalistic attitude that may rub off on his team. He knows football, and has recruited pretty well, but may not be much of a leader or motivator. Although He was very successful at Duquesne 20+ years ago. Of course my impressions of Greg Gattuso are only from watching few press conferences and listening to his CAA media calls most weeks.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2021, 08:57 AM

Yep, Mofor has had some good years but as you said Albany not able to run the ball compounded by way too many dropped passes

It was kind of a shock to see that bomb you hit on first down for a TD with 3 minutes left

Agree Defense not bad at all

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2021, 07:56 AM
32181.........KINGSTON MON......NOT DUH ISLAND RETREAT......HENS WERE EXPECTIN'......AGIN' RHODEY........3 INT's..........BLKD PUNT...........#5.......WHIFF-IN LAST 12 GAMES.....GEESH.....DEL. STATE EVEN GOT ONE........AS ROCCO......SAYS LUMBERIN' RAM LINEMAN......BEAT SLOW SNAP.....GOT UH HAND ON IT.........RETURNED FO' WINNIN' SCORE.......QB WOES.....WILL HAUNT NEW-ARK....DIS OCTOBER......:(.....BRAWK!

Anthony215
October 11th, 2021, 08:43 AM
32181.........KINGSTON MON......NOT DUH ISLAND RETREAT......HENS WERE EXPECTIN'......AGIN' RHODEY........3 INT's..........BLKD PUNT...........#5.......WHIFF-IN LAST 12 GAMES.....GEESH.....DEL. STATE EVEN GOT ONE........AS ROCCO......SAYS LUMBERIN' RAM LINEMAN......BEAT SLOW SNAP.....GOT UH HAND ON IT.........RETURNED FO' WINNIN' SCORE.......QB WOES.....WILL HAUNT NEW-ARK....DIS OCTOBER......:(.....BRAWK!

Is Anthony Paoletti that bad of a passer that they didn't give him a shot to full time QB it for the Rhode Island game? He attempted one pass in his time under center.

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2021, 08:46 AM

Henderson out for the year

Paoletti, who is not even allowed to pass, ran it 12 times right up the gut... which is nasaeating for any fan to have to stomach

Delaware QBs are a graft of a Billy Kilmer / Larry Czonka types and does anyone remember Czonka throwing the ball?

Rip Van Rocco effect

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2021, 08:48 AM
Is Anthony Paoletti that bad of a passer that they didn't give him a shot to full time QB it for the Rhode Island game? He attempted one pass in his time under center.

We don’t know as he had been used only for wildcat at Delaware

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2021, 08:55 AM
........IFIN' DEY DON'T LET YA THROW...........PRETTY SURE....IT'S CUZZ........YA CAIN'T THROW...xsmhx.....AWK!

.....AN' WHAT OC.....LET'S UH 2nd STRINGER......FIRE ON SECOND PLAY UH GAME.........HE WAS AS SHAKY AS DON KNOTTS.....IN FIRST SEVERAL SERIES.....DELAWARE HAD 2 YDS. OF OFFENSE IN FIRST QUARTER.....xbangx...BRAWK!

Anthony215
October 11th, 2021, 08:56 AM
We don’t know as he had been used only for wildcat at Delaware

Judging by what we saw Saturday, you don't have anything to lose letting him rip it and throw it.

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2021, 09:15 AM
Judging by what we saw Saturday, you don't have anything to lose letting him rip it and throw it.

every Delaware fan would agree with you, I would like to see QB Pribula get a chance to play

Gangtackle11
October 11th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear about Nolan Henderson. He had some wiggle to him that makes defense coordinators stay up at night. Seems like he’s been hurt often in his career. Tough break for the 302. xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 11th, 2021, 11:12 AM
Wow, the QBs going down this year are crazy. I have the following schools on their backup QB, are there more?
Delaware
Richmond
UNH
Maine

Tribe4SF
October 11th, 2021, 11:14 AM
Wow, the QBs going down this year are crazy. I have the following schools on their backup QB, are there more?
Delaware
Richmond
UNH
Maine

W&M has played a true freshman backup in 4 of 5 games.

CenMEBlackBearFan
October 11th, 2021, 11:20 AM
So does he go against us this w/e? You guys have put some points on the board so he must be doing a pretty good job.

hktribefan
October 11th, 2021, 11:26 AM
He started the season as our backup, but turned out to be really good. Seems like he's taken the starting job now and should start this weekend up there.

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2021, 12:01 PM

...QB UNDERCUFFLER....IS IN ALBANY DAWG-HOUSE...IT APPEARS......BUT AH WONT RULE OUT INJURY......AFTER LEADIN G-DANES TA SPCA........BRAWK!

......LOOK FO' UNDER-STUDY.....JOEY CARINO....(CONJURES.....DUH SOPRANOS)....WHOM SHINED FO' 1st HALF IN W-BURG.......TA TAKE DUH SCOOBIES.....TA FINAL GUN AGIN'.....'NOVA TEAM....DESTINED TA BE FLATTER'N....UH SINGLE SERVIN'......UH I-HOP........SATURDAY......AWK!

KPSUL
October 11th, 2021, 12:12 PM
Eathan Ratke selected CAA Special Team player of the week, FOR VILLANOVA!

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2021, 12:31 PM
Eathan Ratke selected CAA Special Team player of the week, FOR VILLANOVA!

...............DID HE DRIVE DUH BUS......xdontknowx.....AWK!

Tribe4SF
October 11th, 2021, 12:34 PM
So does he go against us this w/e? You guys have put some points on the board so he must be doing a pretty good job.

He is doing a good job and will probably start this week again. Mathis' recovery from shoulder surgery was obviously not complete when he played against Lafayette but he is still QB1 if healthy.

KPSUL
October 11th, 2021, 12:39 PM
He is doing a good job and will probably start this week again. Mathis' recovery from shoulder surgery was obviously not complete when he played against Lafayette but he is still QB1 if healthy.

Even though no one wants to lose a starting QB, getting another guy game ready can pay big dividends down the road when and if the injured guys recovers.

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2021, 12:44 PM
Even though no one wants to lose a starting QB, getting another guy game ready can pay big dividends down the road when and if the injured guys recovers.

.....RICKY SANTOS...WAS AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE.............HASN'T BEEN ONE SINCE........AWQUE!

Tribe4SF
October 11th, 2021, 12:47 PM

Amen to that! We feel blessed to have them both. They are very similar in stature and both are true dual threats.

KPSUL
October 11th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Amen to that! We feel blessed to have them both. They are very similar in stature and both are true dual threats.

Going into the 2014 Season UNH had two QBs, each of whom had a season's worth of starts under their belts; Sean Goldrich and Andy Valais. Goldrich was named the starter, but in the 4th QTR of the 3rd game, 1st CAA game, he went down with a knee injury. Valais stepped in and engineered a winning TD drive and UNH proceeded to win the next 4 games by wide margins with Valais at QB. No way would we have gone 8-0 in the conference and make it to the FCS Semi-finals without those two guys.

KPSUL
October 11th, 2021, 02:11 PM
.....RICKY SANTOS...WAS AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE.............HASN'T BEEN ONE SINCE........AWQUE!

Head Coach in waiting!

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2021, 03:20 PM
Sorry to hear about Nolan Henderson. He had some wiggle to him that makes defense coordinators stay up at night. Seems like he’s been hurt often in his career. Tough break for the 302. xpeacex

apparently it’s an old injury he aggravated earlier this season and had been playing through it, Rutgers game reaggravated

It was a miracle he even started Albany game, had to come out early. Although often injured that young man is tough

I don’t know if we ever saw Nolan Henderson at 100 %

caribbeanhen
October 16th, 2021, 05:22 AM
JMUs big win out in Utah might as well be Flint tap water now.... tainted

TJT
October 16th, 2021, 07:50 AM
The URI football team got a nice surprise yesterday. They boarded their bus on campus in Kingston thinking they had a long drive ahead to Towson, MD. Instead thirty minutes later they were exiting the bus to board the New England Patriots Air Kraft Boeing 767. It is one of two planes owned by the New England Patriots that are housed at Green Airport in RI for use of the team to travel to away NFL games.

I would imagine the fact that URI player Coby Tippett (who previously played for Towson) is the son of Andre Tippett, a Patriots executive and former All-Pro linebacker for the team likely helped play a part in this happening.

https://twitter.com/IanSteeleABC6/status/1449045238471921664

(https://twitter.com/IanSteeleABC6/status/1449045238471921664)Robert Kraft surprises undefeated URI football team with a lift to game against Towson (https://www.patriots.com/news/robert-kraft-surprises-undefeated-uri-football-team-with-a-lift-to-game-against-)

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2021, 08:03 AM
.......RHODEY......RECEIVIN' STAR TREATMENT......GETTIN' DEY'RE NAILS DONE....AN' EVERAH-THIN'........NEXT WEEK.....'NOVA.....GIVES 'EM........DUH TREATMENT..........DOODLE-DOO!

.....WILL DEY GAS IT UP AGIN'.......FO' DUH MAIN-LINE.......xdontknowx............AWQUE!

MR. CHICKEN
October 17th, 2021, 07:57 AM

......MAYBEAH......RHODE ISLAND.......SHOODAH.....TAKEN DUH BUS........8 HOURS UH SNOOZE.........MAY HAVE HELPED..........BRAQUE!

UNHWildcat18
October 17th, 2021, 09:36 AM
I don't think JMU's win vs weber state is looking bad, UC Davis, MSU, EWU are all looking like top 15 teams and weber is dealing with some injury issues if I'm not mistaken. IMHO CAA has been on a downward trend for a few years. With the exception of JMU which I feel is playing down the last few weeks. JMU fans aren't here anymore, they are chomping at the bits to become FBS. Unfortunately unlike NDSU and the MVFC, the rest of the CAA hasn't been catching up to the top team..... Can't speak for the other CAA teams but I don't think the UNH wildcats of 2021 are nearly good enough to sniff a deep playoff run.

Also just a random opinion, but I don't want anymore FCS teams from D2 move ups in the mid Atlantic to New England. The amount of FCS teams is large enough. Just diluting talent further

caribbeanhen
October 22nd, 2021, 11:58 AM
I don't think JMU's win vs weber state is looking bad, UC Davis, MSU, EWU are all looking like top 15 teams and weber is dealing with some injury issues if I'm not mistaken. IMHO CAA has been on a downward trend for a few years. With the exception of JMU which I feel is playing down the last few weeks. JMU fans aren't here anymore, they are chomping at the bits to become FBS. Unfortunately unlike NDSU and the MVFC, the rest of the CAA hasn't been catching up to the top team..... Can't speak for the other CAA teams but I don't think the UNH wildcats of 2021 are nearly good enough to sniff a deep playoff run.

Also just a random opinion, but I don't want anymore FCS teams from D2 move ups in the mid Atlantic to New England. The amount of FCS teams is large enough. Just diluting talent further

JMU fans are on Sunbelt board .... now we know

Northeast football is kind of like Ice hockey in the Caribbean right now

Sitting Bull
October 22nd, 2021, 01:18 PM
Some of them for over 10 years now

Anthony215
October 22nd, 2021, 01:49 PM
So with JMU leaving the conference for FBS Sunbelt will the CAA stand pat at 11 or will they look to add a member. If they added a member who do they go after?

MR. CHICKEN
October 22nd, 2021, 02:03 PM
So with JMU leaving the conference for FBS Sunbelt will the CAA stand pat at 11 or will they look to add a member. If they added a member who do they go after?

........MONMOUTH.....BUT AH'M HOPIN'....FO' LEHIGH..............AWQUE!!

UNHWildcat18
October 22nd, 2021, 03:38 PM
........MONMOUTH.....BUT AH'M HOPIN'....FO' LEHIGH..............AWQUE!!

I hope we stay at 11... adding Monmouth does nothing for the football conference. They made UAlbany make sure to have at least 8k seats in their new stadium when joining. I don't think they will add a 12th team just because..... and I doubt Monmouth leaves the MAAC for the CAA for all sports.

caribbeanhen
November 1st, 2021, 07:58 PM
ok, WR Hayek is a stud but I knew this after seeing the playoff game down in Hammond, La.... I kind of forgot about him

William somehow losses to Maine?

They will not have any problems in Newark this Saturday unless they are looking ahead to JMU

mainejeff
November 2nd, 2021, 07:44 AM

Did William play Maine this week?

Delaware somehow beats Dixie?

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2021, 08:14 AM

Delaware did everything they could to lose to Dixie but somehow came away with the win. Game played before smallest crowd in 54 years. Just over 300 fans in the East stands. Nobody is excited about Delaware football or Danny Rocco right now. His conservative play not to lose style is boring.

After seeing William overpower Nova it just seems strange they managed to get beat by Maine, but I guess William is hitting their stride now.

MR. CHICKEN
November 2nd, 2021, 09:01 AM

.......HEY JEFFY......MAINE SOMEHOW.....LOST TA DELAWARE........AN' YER STILL EASY MAH FRIEND.....xsighx...............BRAWK!

mainejeff
November 2nd, 2021, 04:34 PM
Delaware did everything they could to lose to Dixie but somehow came away with the win. Game played before smallest crowd in 54 years. Just over 300 fans in the East stands. Nobody is excited about Delaware football or Danny Rocco right now. His conservative play not to lose style is boring.

After seeing William overpower Nova it just seems strange they managed to get beat by Maine, but I guess William is hitting their stride now.

Maybe Maine is "hitting their stride" as well? 3-0 streak with 2 CAA road wins and a win over red hot William! xsmiley_wix

Gangtackle11
November 2nd, 2021, 04:46 PM
ok, WR Hayek is a stud but I knew this after seeing the playoff game down in Hammond, La.... I kind of forgot about him

They will not have any problems in Newark this Saturday unless they are looking ahead to JMU

Hayek has 2 older brothers who were scholarship players at Rutgers. One transferred to Stony Brook. Our Hayek (Jared) has been in the witness protection program most of the season for no explainable reason. He didnt see the ball much until the 2nd half of the W&M game tbh. Hopefully, he’s back to being a prominent part of the Nova offense again. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2021, 03:53 PM
Hayek has 2 older brothers who were scholarship players at Rutgers. One transferred to Stony Brook. Our Hayek (Jared) has been in the witness protection program most of the season for no explainable reason. He didnt see the ball much until the 2nd half of the W&M game tbh. Hopefully, he’s back to being a prominent part of the Nova offense again. xpeacex

Witness Protection Program you said? Ha

As soon as I can slip this pesky ankle bracelet I’m gonna start heading to some football games

KPSUL
November 5th, 2021, 02:10 PM
USA Today article on the immediate implications of JMU moving to Sun Belt

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2021/11/04/james-madison-caa-jmu-conference/6286748001/ (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2021/11/04/james-madison-caa-jmu-conference/6286748001/)

This article is a cry-baby piece about how wrong it is for CAA to "punish" JMU for moving out of the CAA for the Sun-Belt by making all their varsity teams ineligible for CAA conference Championships. That's the policy JMU agreed to when accepting CAA membership, and it has applied to all other schools who have accepted membership in another conference while they are still playing a CAA schedule. Essentially you go into a Div 1 Independent status until becoming a full member of your new conference. It does stink for athletes in other JMU varsity sports such as Soccer or Basketball, since JMU is a full CAA member. But that's just a fact JMU will have to deal with in making the decision.
I wouldn't be surprised if JMU holds off on officially announcing the move to the Sun Belt until after the CAA 2021 auto-bid has been awarded in an attempt to capture it. The author of the article tries to make JMU out as heroic by reporting that they are openly going through the process of gaining Board of Visitors (Trustees almost everywhere else) concurrence and State Legislature approval, when most likely it is a requirement for them to do so as a VA public institution.

acbearkat
November 5th, 2021, 02:22 PM

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2021/11/04/james-madison-caa-jmu-conference/6286748001/ (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/dan-wolken/2021/11/04/james-madison-caa-jmu-conference/6286748001/)

This article is a cry-baby piece about how wrong it is for CAA to "punish" JMU for moving out of the CAA for the Sun-Belt by making all their varsity teams ineligible for CAA conference Championships. That's the policy JMU agreed to when accepting CAA membership, and it has applied to all other schools who have accepted membership in another conference while they are still playing a CAA schedule. Essentially you go into a Div 1 Independent status until becoming a full member of your new conference. It does stink for athletes in other JMU varsity sports such as Soccer or Basketball, since JMU is a full CAA member. But that's just a fact JMU will have to deal with in making the decision.
I wouldn't be surprised if JMU holds off on officially announcing the move to the Sun Belt until after the CAA 2021 auto-bid has been awarded in an attempt to capture it. The author of the article tries to make JMU out as heroic by reporting that they are openly going through the process of gaining Board of Visitors (Trustees almost everywhere else) concurrence and State Legislature approval, when most likely it is a requirement for them to do so as a VA public institution.

Here in Texas, they are known as the Board of Regents. From what I understand, James Madison had to get legislative approval for the move, which is not the case in Texas, even though some idiot state legislators here in Texas did their best to prevent Texas from joining the SEC.

Libertine
November 5th, 2021, 03:13 PM

I fully believe that Dan Wolken is, in actuality, a strain of canine parvovirus masquerading as a human and virtually every conference in America has this rule.

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2021, 07:23 PM
13 BLUEHENS ALL-CAA:

1st TEAM
DAVID KROLL OL GRAD STUDENT
TYLER PASTULA P SOPH
KENDRICK WHITEHEAD S SR

2nd TEAM
JOHNNY BUCHANAN LB SR
NIJUEL HILL CB SR
DEJOUN LEE RB GRAD STUDENT
THYRICK PITTS WR GRAD STUDENT
NOAH PLACK S RSJR
JORDAN TOWNSEND PR JR

3rd TEAM
ARTIS HEMMINGWAY DL RSSR
COLBY REEDER LB RSSR
RYAN COE PK JR
CHASE McGOWAN DL JR

Sitting Bull
November 23rd, 2021, 08:04 PM
Tribe QB Darius Wilson wins CAA offensive rookie of the year.

Excited to watch the development. It’s been quite a few years since we have had consistency and this kind of young talent at QB. Remarkably stable as a true freshman this year.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2021, 07:59 AM
...TA-DAYS NEWS JOURNAL.....ROCCO...SAYS "HENDERSON MAY GET TWO MO' YEARS...UH ELIGIBILITY....SIMILAR TA COLBY REEDER'S PAST SITUATION......AN' WE HAVE UH QB WHOM...RAN DUH SCOUT TEAM TA PERFECTION.....RYAN O'CONNOR".........TRES SAYS...."VARIOUS REPORTS MENTION...MONMOUTH/HAMPTON/HOWARD/VMI.......JMU REPLACEMENT"..........'NOVA....WILL OWN CAA......&....... NO EXCITEMENT....IN NEXT YEARS SKED.......NAVY FO' DOLLARS....DELAWARE STATE/MORGAN STATE.....FO' DUBBYA'S...................BRAWK!

TRUE FRESHMEN TA WATCH...PER ROCCO:
TYLER DAVIS CB/S
SHANE THRIFT CB
STEPHEN ROSE S
JACK HALL DL
MATT CARLINO TE
RYAN O'CONNOR QB

Sitting Bull
November 24th, 2021, 08:16 AM
...TA-DAYS NEWS JOURNAL.....ROCCO...SAYS "HENDERSON MAY GET TWO MO' YEARS...UH ELIGIBILITY....SIMILAR TA COLBY REEDER'S PAST SITUATION......AN' WE HAVE UH QB WHOM...RAN DUH SCOUT TEAM TA PERFECTION.....RYAN O'CONNOR".........TRES SAYS...."VARIOUS REPORTS MENTION...MONMOUTH/HAMPTON/HOWARD/VMI.......JMU REPLACEMENT"..........'NOVA....WILL OWN CAA......&....... NO EXCITEMENT....IN NEXT YEARS SKED.......NAVY FO' DOLLARS....DELAWARE STATE/MORGAN STATE.....FO' DUBBYA'S...................BRAWK!

TRUE FRESHMEN TA WATCH...PER ROCCO:
TYLER DAVIS CB/S
SHANE THRIFT CB
STEPHEN ROSE S
JACK HALL DL
MATT CARLINO TE
RYAN O'CONNOR QB

On JMU replacement, I assume those are targets. I don’t believe the CAA needs that many new adds.

Also missing, the one school where the enthusiasm to join would be highest - Fairfield in CT - and would fill a strategic location for the league. They also already happen to be an affiliate member in men’s Lax.

For W&M, like seeing VMI mentioned. They would be a good all sports option for the southern flank of schools. An old rival for W&M.

I’m less enthralled with Hampton or Howard. They don’t bring much in terms of fans, interest or program caliber.

HensRock
November 24th, 2021, 08:46 AM

That's a sign of the times. So many people these days want to make decisions that have consequences, and then not pay the consequences.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2021, 09:10 AM
On JMU replacement, I assume those are targets. I don’t believe the CAA needs that many new adds.

Also missing, the one school where the enthusiasm to join would be highest - Fairfield in CT - and would fill a strategic location for the league. They also already happen to be an affiliate member in men’s Lax.

For W&M, like seeing VMI mentioned. They would be a good all sports option for the southern flank of schools. An old rival for W&M.

I’m less enthralled with Hampton or Howard. They don’t bring much in terms of fans, interest or program caliber.

....DAT'S HOW AH INTERPERTED......MONMOUTH OR VMI....MAH WANT........AWK!

....JES' WEAKEN CONFERENCE.......FURTHER.......BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2021, 09:55 AM
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32308&d=1628869651&thumb=1 (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32308&d=1637768380)

....ROCCO......ALLUDED TA-DAY......DAT RECRUITIN' COOD BECOME DIFFICULT.......WHIFF HOT SEAT SITUATION.....EXPECTS TA LOSE THRU PORTAL/GAIN THRU PORTAL.......IN GAINS.....NEED IS O-LINE HELP.....CURRENTLAH HAVE 9 RECRUITS....WEARIN' HENS GEAR.........PARENTS ENJOYIN'...DUH BEER COOLIES/UD DECALS.......BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2021, 10:16 AM
Congrats to Head Coach Mark Ferrante being named CAA Coach of the Year & MLB Forrest Rhyne being named CAA Defensive Player of the Year. 13 Wildcats named to the 3 All-CAA teams.

Special shoutout to Grad student RB Justin Covington being named to 2nd team. Justin was leading the nation in rushing back in ‘19 when he tore his ACL. He worked his way back to help Nova capture the CAA title! xpeacex

ncspiderfan
November 24th, 2021, 03:47 PM
Richmond fires Jeff Durden OC

"Jeff's done a great job for me, but I just felt like we needed to make a change and do something different," said Huesman.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2021, 03:56 PM

"Jeff's done a great job for me, but I just felt like we needed to make a change and do something different," said Huesman.

Coach speak at its worst

KPSUL
November 24th, 2021, 07:47 PM
-

The games when Richmond did not have an effective offense were primarily when Joe Mancuso was out with an injury. With him on the field, Richmond was a very good offensive team. Had he not missed three games, Richmond would likely have been a playoff team.

ncspiderfan
November 24th, 2021, 08:19 PM
-

The games when Richmond did not have an effective offense were primarily when Joe Mancuso was out with an injury. With him on the field, Richmond was a very good offensive team. Had he not missed three games, Richmond would likely have been a playoff team.

I think Spiders were playoff team with Mancuso healthy also, but the offense only scored 20 points with him out in three games. He was just plain good, and without him, offense became one dimensional.

This move had been telegraphed in a few interviews, all during the season, especially when it was obvious the defense deserved a win. It got bad enough at one point, (paraphrasing) Huesman said the offensive coaches need to figure out what the offense does well and just call those plays over and over again. He is usually a very diplomatic guy and it shocked me when those comments were made publicly.

Henny
November 29th, 2021, 08:53 AM
Colby Reeder of Delaware entered the Portal this morning.

MR. CHICKEN
November 29th, 2021, 09:17 AM
....RATS WANT OFF DUH......USS ROCCO......xwavex......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 09:39 AM
Looks like Rocco is done!

Anthony215
November 29th, 2021, 10:32 AM
Wow I for sure thought Rocco would get one more season to right the ship especially after the long playoff run he had in the spring coupled with Nolan's injury this season. Will be interesting to see what direction the administration goes forward with picking a new coach. Do they go for an OC/DC at the FBS level or pick a successful HC from a lower conference at the FCS level.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2021, 10:46 AM
Wow I for sure thought Rocco would get one more season to right the ship especially after the long playoff run he had in the spring coupled with Nolan's injury this season. Will be interesting to see what direction the administration goes forward with picking a new coach. Do they go for an OC/DC at the FBS level or pick a successful HC from a lower conference at the FCS level.

KC Keeler comes home is what I want

Sitting Bull
December 9th, 2021, 07:32 AM
W&Ms new AD on his firm commitment to the CAA.

https://richmond.com/sports/college/william-and-mary/w-ms-athletic-director-brian-mann-pledges-caa-allegiance-in-wake-of-jmus-shift/article_d5bad089-ab57-533d-b8b7-77a0b80eba18.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2021, 08:42 AM
Hens losing a lot of players to the portal

Reeder
Pitts
Henderson
Buchannon
Plack

FG kicker already gone

KPSUL
December 9th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Hens losing a lot of players to the portal

Reeder
Pitts
Henderson
Buchannon
Plack

FG kicker already gone

Has Carty been announced officially? I'd think Nolan Henderson might be somewhat enticed by playing for a former DE QB.

Are any of your players in the portal graduating Seniors? It's less of an indication of low player morale if that's who is taking a shot at the portal - guys with degree in hand.

We had two players graduating December 2021 who have entered the portal - Carlos Washington - who CAA or PL fans may be familiar with, and CJ Turner, a WR you probably never hear of. Washington is likely just testing the waters to see if there is any interest in him at currently top FCS programs or G5 school. If there isn't, he should just take his degree and move on with life. CJ Turner playing sparingly during his time at UNH. I suppose he would be described as a dual purpose back, but Dylan Laube put up more yardage in a single game this past season than Turner did in his whole career. Seems to me he's wasting his time and energy.

acbearkat
December 9th, 2021, 10:32 AM
Has Carty been announced officially? I'd think Nolan Henderson might be somewhat enticed by playing for a former DE QB.

Are any of your players in the portal graduating Seniors? It's less of an indication of low player morale if that's who is taking a shot at the portal - guys with degree in hand.

We had two players graduating December 2021 who have entered the portal - Carlos Washington - who CAA or PL fans may be familiar with, and CJ Turner, a WR you probably never hear of. Washington is likely just testing the waters to see if there is any interest in him at currently top FCS programs or G5 school. If there isn't, he should just take his degree and move on with life. CJ Turner playing sparingly during his time at UNH. I suppose he would be described as a dual purpose back, but Dylan Laube put up more yardage in a single game this past season than Turner did in his whole career. Seems to me he's wasting his time and energy.

The reports are that Ryan Carty has been hired, but I haven’t heard anything official, and we don’t get much coverage of Sam Houston football anyway, or SHSU athletics in general.

Tribe4SF
December 9th, 2021, 10:48 AM
W&M has three guys in the portal.

Greg Cuffey - Graduating CB who has primarily been a special teams guy.
Elijah Burns - Graduating RB who has played sparingly and well down a deep position group.
Chase Hart - Soph. QB who had two younger guys ahead of him.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2021, 01:53 PM

Carty has not been announced

I think most of those guys are Seniors with degrees in hand

Henderson and Pitts have offers from Hawaii

Reeder Kansas State and Rutgers

Buchannon has a Southeastern Louisiana offer

FG kicker already at Cincinnati

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2021, 01:55 PM
W&M has three guys in the portal.

Greg Cuffey - Graduating CB who has primarily been a special teams guy.
Elijah Burns - Graduating RB who has played sparingly and well down a deep position group.
Chase Hart - Soph. QB who had two younger guys ahead of him.

4SF - who’s smarter ? Haha I set foot on the University of Delaware on time but I wasn’t chasing a degree if you know what I mean

Gangtackle11
December 9th, 2021, 02:11 PM
Carty has not been announced

I think most of those guys are Seniors with degrees in hand

Henderson and Pitts have offers from Hawaii

Reeder Kansas State and Rutgers

Buchannon has a Southeastern Louisiana offer

FG kicker already at Cincinnati

Good luck to all the dirty filthy birds leaving the hen house for better chicken feed!

Looks like Delaware State will dominate the rivalry game in the 302. xpeacex

ncspiderfan
December 9th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Spiders have four or five in the portal so far.

Most younger guys that were down the depth chart this year but have three years or more left.

The big one is Kobie Turner (All everything DT). He started getting FBS offers within an hour of going in portal.

Liberty
App State
Southern Miss
Minnesota
Northwestern

All with offers so far and taking a visit to Georgia Tech.

He has one year left as Graduate Student. Hope he finds a spot he will be in the rotation and can show scouts his talents, he was going to continue to play every down at Richmond facing double teams I would suspect. He is big into music from all indications and Richmond might not have had a grad program he could have pursued if that is where he has interest after football.

Great team leader from all indications, he will be missed in locker room I would suspect, not to mention on the field.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Good luck to all the dirty filthy birds leaving the hen house for better chicken feed!

Looks like Delaware State will dominate the rivalry game in the 302. xpeacex

Well speaking of dirty filthy, the 302 just can’t keep em out

New Jersey and Pennsylvania residents tired of the lies are bidding up houses in the 302 like crazy as they flee the urban blight .....Delaware seashore is the place you wanna be so the loaded up Ghetto Cruiser and moved to Bethany..... Beach that is ..... 😀

not worried about the portal as when one goes in one comes back out, a shake out not a concern

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2021, 05:13 AM
Spiders have four or five in the portal so far.

Most younger guys that were down the depth chart this year but have three years or more left.

The big one is Kobie Turner (All everything DT). He started getting FBS offers within an hour of going in portal.

Liberty
App State
Southern Miss
Minnesota
Northwestern

All with offers so far and taking a visit to Georgia Tech.

He has one year left as Graduate Student. Hope he finds a spot he will be in the rotation and can show scouts his talents, he was going to continue to play every down at Richmond facing double teams I would suspect. He is big into music from all indications and Richmond might not have had a grad program he could have pursued if that is where he has interest after football.

Great team leader from all indications, he will be missed in locker room I would suspect, not to mention on the field.

I just don’t see how FCS teams losing their best young players is any good for FCS, it kind of makes us like Minor league baseball ⚾️

UAalum72
December 10th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Albany LB Danny Damico enters the transfer portal; Offensive coordinator Joe Davis will not be returning

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2021, 01:57 PM
I just don’t see how FCS teams losing their best young players is any good for FCS, it kind of makes us like Minor league baseball ⚾️
NeoJUCO is FUBeAR’s new name for FCS

ncspiderfan
January 6th, 2022, 11:18 PM
Spiders pick up QB Reece Udinski as a grad transfer from Maryland. He will reunite with Billy Cosh the newly hired OC.

kdinva
January 7th, 2022, 09:16 AM
Spiders pick up QB Reece Udinski as a grad transfer from Maryland. He will reunite with Billy Cosh the newly hired OC.

and, there are two VMI WR's graduating in May, who will take advantage of the "Covid super-senior" rule......stay tuned...

Anthony215
January 7th, 2022, 10:07 AM
JMU lands a FBS QB transfer in Todd Centineo who was the starter last season at Colorado State after being a part time starter/backup at Temple. Dual threat who originally committed to Miami before a coaching change altered his decision to come north to Temple

KPSUL
January 11th, 2022, 01:07 PM
JMU lands a FBS QB transfer in Todd Centineo who was the starter last season at Colorado State after being a part time starter/backup at Temple. Dual threat who originally committed to Miami before a coaching change altered his decision to come north to Temple

Who cares about Slum Belt bound JMU; BUT if you do, how about this transfer OUT: Freshman Sensation WR Anton Wells has been poached by South Carolina.

Dane96
January 11th, 2022, 07:22 PM
Matt Vallece, backup QB at Boston College and Colorado State (before injury) signed with Albamy, presumably replacong Jeff Undercufffler.

Tribe4SF
January 12th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Dan Steenkamer reporting Monmouth to CAA Football is imminent.

Daniel Steenkamer on Twitter: "After consultation with multiple sources, including one close to Monmouth, it is apparent that Monmouth-to-#CAAFB is imminent CAA Football has yet to announce its 2022 league schedule. The conference is losing James Madison this summer For Hawks, it’s “when,” not “if” #FlyHawks" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/DanSteenkamer/status/1481319027368673291)

centraljerseycat
January 12th, 2022, 02:58 PM
Dan Steenkamer reporting Monmouth to CAA Football is imminent.

Daniel Steenkamer on Twitter: "After consultation with multiple sources, including one close to Monmouth, it is apparent that Monmouth-to-#CAAFB is imminent CAA Football has yet to announce its 2022 league schedule. The conference is losing James Madison this summer For Hawks, it’s “when,” not “if” #FlyHawks" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/DanSteenkamer/status/1481319027368673291)

I have no idea if Monmouth is headed to the CAA or not but this "source" is an 18 year kid who delivers pizza for a living

MR. CHICKEN
January 12th, 2022, 03:03 PM
....MAYBE....UH MONMOUTH OFFICIAL....ORDERED UH 3 TOPPIN'......FO' LUNCH....AWK!

Sir William
January 12th, 2022, 03:05 PM
I have no idea if Monmouth is headed to the CAA or not but this "source" is an 18 year kid who delivers pizza for a living

....MAYBE....UH MONMOUTH OFFICIAL....ORDERED UH 3 TOPPIN'......FO' LUNCH....AWK!

Lol! That there is funny, I don’t care who you are.

caribbeanhen
January 12th, 2022, 03:05 PM

don't sell Dan short, the kid is destined for greatness

caribbeanhen
January 14th, 2022, 09:23 AM
Sean Goldrich, ex UNH QB, onboard at Delaware

Nice coaching staff assembled by Ryan Carty

Rip Van Rocco wanted nothing to do with Blue and Gold traditions

Carty has added Andrew Pierce, Sid Haynes and Paul Worrilow to the staff

He is also aware of the transfer portal, something Rocco thought was a ride at the Magic Kingdom

Very refreshing to be rid of stuck on Stubborn

whoanellie
January 15th, 2022, 01:18 PM
From personal experience I can vouch for the Pizza in New Jersey as high quality and great in quantity. I am sure the CAA commissar can have Monmouth make deliveries to schools south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Elon paid off in Bar-B-Que for 3 years when they joined. ;-)
Lol! That there is funny, I don’t care who you are.

caribbeanhen
January 15th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Delaware lands WR Jayln Witcher from Presbyterian

great pick up

caribbeanhen
January 16th, 2022, 10:01 PM
and, there are two VMI WR's graduating in May, who will take advantage of the "Covid super-senior" rule......stay tuned...

Micheal Jackson?

ncspiderfan
January 17th, 2022, 01:00 PM

Good Call. The whole article is also attached if it will open

RICHMOND, Va. – University of Richmond football head coach Russ Huesman (https://richmondspiders.com/coaches.aspx?rc=590) announced the addition of transfer wide receiver Jakob Herres (https://richmondspiders.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5152) to the program for the 2022 season. Herres joins the Spiders after a standout career at VMI and will enter as a graduate transfer.

Herres (6-4, 225) has played in 37 games in his Keydet career and is one of the top wide receiver threats in all of NCAA FCS Football. During his career, he has caught 226 passes for 3,006 yards and 26 touchdowns, averaging 0.7 touchdowns per game in his career. He finished his career as the VMI's all-time leader in receiving touchdowns.

Football Adds Transfer Jakob Herres To Roster - University of Richmond Athletics (richmondspiders.com) (https://richmondspiders.com/news/2022/1/16/football-adds-transfer-jakob-herres-to-roster.aspx)

Dane96
January 17th, 2022, 05:27 PM
Albany lands Todd Sibley Jr, a once very promising 4 star back from Pitt. Had a decent soph year then just was underused. One year eligibility.

ncspiderfan
January 22nd, 2022, 01:19 PM
Spiders hire Winston Orlando as WR coach.

Winston October Named Wide Receivers Coach - University of Richmond Athletics (richmondspiders.com) (https://richmondspiders.com/news/2022/1/21/football-winston-october-named-wide-receivers-coach.aspx)

OC Koss seems to be getting his offensive coaches in place after picking up QB and WR from VMI. Spiders had good RBs if they can all stay healthy.
OL could be a work in progress, they lost three starters and I think one more off two deep.

MR. CHICKEN
January 27th, 2022, 01:03 PM
......NEW VIDEO BOARD @ DELAWARE STATDIUM.....AWK!!

https://bluehens.com/news/2022/1/27/delaware-athletics-upgrades-outdoor-video-displays-with-daktronics-technology.aspx

The Cats
January 27th, 2022, 01:30 PM
......NEW VIDEO BOARD @ DELAWARE STATDIUM.....AWK!!

https://bluehens.com/news/2022/1/27/delaware-athletics-upgrades-outdoor-video-displays-with-daktronics-technology.aspx

very nice...

Dane96
January 27th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Really nice. Looks like a much bigger version of the UA board. I like it a lot.

centraljerseycat
January 27th, 2022, 02:48 PM
The problem with the latest generation video boards is they give you everything but the score...

MR. CHICKEN
January 28th, 2022, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=centraljerseycat;3037154]The problem with the latest generation video boards is they give you everything but the score........xconfusedx

.......AH'D UH THUNK....YA COOD PLAY ...PAM & TOMMIES....TAPE.....OR....CURRENT STOCK QUOTES.......BARRETT-JACKSON AUCTIONS..........DAFFY DUCK CARTOONS......OR SCORES...........AWK!

caribbeanhen
January 30th, 2022, 07:04 AM

WR Michael Jackson is now a Delaware Bluehen

really put up some great stats in the last 4 games

Now with Pitts and Witcher, Delaware is gonna be starting something on offense

MR. CHICKEN
January 30th, 2022, 07:09 AM
......BUT.......WHERE'S DUH BEEF.....xconfusedxxdontknowxxconfusedx........... ...BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
January 30th, 2022, 08:04 AM
......BUT.......WHERE'S DUH BEEF.....xconfusedxxdontknowxxconfusedx........... ...BRAWK!

Trust in Carty Mr C

Don’t try snd fight it there ain’t nothing that you can do ....

MR. CHICKEN
March 3rd, 2022, 07:46 AM
32422............HENS & CARTY......GO TA WORK.....SATURDAY MARCH 5th.....15 SPRING PRACTICES......LEADIN' TO....APRIL 16th....BLUE/WHITE SCRIMMAGE......NO PRACTICE DURIN' SPRING BREAK....MARCH 25th-APRIL 3rd.......HENS WILL BE TAUGHT...UH NEW OFFENSIVE SYSTEM.....PREFERABLY....ONE DAT CAN SCORE........BRAWK!!

caribbeanhen
March 3rd, 2022, 08:54 AM
32422............HENS & CARTY......GO TA WORK.....SATURDAY MARCH 5th.....15 SPRING PRACTICES......LEADIN' TO....APRIL 16th....BLUE/WHITE SCRIMMAGE......NO PRACTICE DURIN' SPRING BREAK....MARCH 25th-APRIL 3rd.......HENS WILL BE TAUGHT...UH NEW OFFENSIVE SYSTEM.....PREFERABLY....ONE DAT CAN SCORE........BRAWK!!

Carty must be drooling over Nolan Henderson

Similar to Schmid

2 Transfer WRs to work with

gotta think the Offense is going to have an awakening now that Rip Van Rocco is gone

Tribe4SF
March 3rd, 2022, 08:03 PM
W&M winding down spring ball with spring game March 12. OL rebuild with three starters lost. Thin at WR but transfer help coming. Experienced depth at QB, RB and TE. Defense strong with 10 starters returning and depth everywhere.

DFW HOYA
March 3rd, 2022, 09:03 PM
The problem with the latest generation video boards is they give you everything but the score...

Not a problem at Georgetown, where the scoreboard proudly harkens to 1992.

https://fastly.4sqi.net/img/general/600x600/10866549_WZ6kaFehX73Qr4dhWpVKFX8vNTpKeYZ-t3FfrbYfIZw.jpg

Go Green
March 7th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Not a problem at Georgetown, where the scoreboard proudly harkens to 1992.

https://fastly.4sqi.net/img/general/600x600/10866549_WZ6kaFehX73Qr4dhWpVKFX8vNTpKeYZ-t3FfrbYfIZw.jpg

That picture is from 2014.

While I was at that game, I wasn't able to get to a game last season. Didn't Georgetown upgrade the scoreboard when it re-did its football stadium?

DFW HOYA
March 7th, 2022, 02:53 PM
That picture is from 2014. While I was at that game, I wasn't able to get to a game last season. Didn't Georgetown upgrade the scoreboard when it re-did its football stadium?

No upgrade for the board.

They added LED components to the board circa 2008 or so, but it's mostly the same fixture. Here's that same board in 2002 with Georgetown's first PL win over Bucknell.

http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/images/scoreboard.jpg

Tribe4SF
March 13th, 2022, 07:07 AM
Tribe wraps up Spring ball with game in the snow. Can't remember a snow game in Williamsburg. Five Captains selected.

https://i.imgur.com/KZrEpiL.jpg

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 15th, 2022, 09:38 AM
Caught a Zoom session with our new Head Coach and he announced that the league schedule will out 3/22. We have Monmouth on 10/15 for Homecoming and will travel to Hampton this year. Forgot who he said we have for other home games.

TJT
March 16th, 2022, 12:51 PM
The all sports CAA seems intent on weakening the football CAA with its new additions. I don't think football is driving the bus in the all sports CAA's expansion.

Sitting Bull
March 16th, 2022, 01:38 PM
The all sports CAA seems intent on weakening the football CAA with its new additions. I don't think football is driving the bus in the all sports CAA's expansion.

I think the intent is to have have a strong profile across all sports, including football. I think by pulling in SBU, Monmouth and NC A&T they succeeded. Hampton is an ok geographic add, they can compete in time.

Tribe4SF
March 16th, 2022, 05:59 PM

Monmouth and NC A&T have made frequent appearances in the top 25 over the past several years. Hampton has lagged of late, but all three appear committed to playing football at a high FCS level. Not sure we could have found three better football additions and we now have 14 football schools and a previous affiliate as an all-sport member. There was no one available with JMU's marquee pedigree.

UNHWildcat18
March 16th, 2022, 08:58 PM

Agreed, I wish it was truly separate from the CAA conference like the MVFC is. I understand why they added 3 teams to solidify the CAA sports conference but 14 teams in an FCS league is pretty ****ing stupid IMO. Can’t wait to swap W&M and UD for Monmouth and Hampton on the schedule…….

MR. CHICKEN
March 17th, 2022, 08:39 AM
........YOU-DEE REPS...DUH CAA IN ROUNDBALL......WHOPPIN' 15 SEED.......DAT'S UH BUS DRIVER??....EVEN JMU....SUCKED ON HARDWOOD!..............AH'D BE GLAD FO' HAMPTON.......LEAST YER NOT GOIN' WINLESS.......DOODLE-DOO!

kdinva
March 17th, 2022, 09:08 AM
........YOU-DEE REPS...DUH CAA IN ROUNDBALL.......EVEN JMU....SUCKED ON HARDWOOD!.......

...except when JMU hosted and beat UVa. xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
March 17th, 2022, 09:18 AM
...except when JMU hosted and beat UVa. xnodx

....EVERAH-ONE...GETS 15 MINUTES....('CEPT WM & MARY)........SOONER/LATER........AWQ!

Sitting Bull
March 17th, 2022, 01:01 PM
I was there when we beat #2 ranked UNC, with Dean Smith, Phil Ford, O’Koren - 78-75 in front of a sold out 10,000 fans at Kaplan. No dopey win against UVA would top that,.

caribbeanhen
March 17th, 2022, 06:21 PM
I was there when we beat #2 ranked UNC, with Dean Smith, Phil Ford, O’Koren - 78-75 in front of a sold out 10,000 fans at Kaplan. No dopey win against UVA would top that,.

Nice

I never knew that, Those names right there are from my era of ACC basketball, those games were big back in the day

MR. CHICKEN
March 19th, 2022, 09:31 AM

......GOOD DUBBYA......AH WAS REFERRIN'.....TA DANCE UH 64.........BRAWK!

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 22nd, 2022, 01:11 PM
Here is the week by week schedule for the CAA, https://caasports.com/news/2022/3/22/caa-football-announces-schedule-for-2022-season.aspx

MR. CHICKEN
March 22nd, 2022, 02:50 PM
DELAWARE BLUEHENS

9/3 @ NAVY
9/10 DELAWARE STATE
9/17 @ RHODE ISLAND
9/24 HAMPTON
10/1 TOWSON
10/8 @ WM & MARY
10/15 BYE
10/22 MORGAN STATE
10/29 @ ELON
11/5 MONMOUTH
11/12 RICHMOND
11/19 @ VILLANOVA

dunbar
March 22nd, 2022, 02:53 PM
So it looks like things are split into two divisions:

NORTH
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Albany
Stony Brook
Monmouth

SOUTH
Villanova
Delaware
Towson
William & Mary
Richmond
Hampton
Elon

Everyone plays everyone within their division, with the exception of Villanova-Elon and Towson-Richmond. Those four schools pick up an extra game with a northern opponent.

caribbeanhen
March 22nd, 2022, 03:14 PM
DELAWARE BLUEHENS

9/3 @ NAVY
9/10 DELAWARE STATE
9/17 @ RHODE ISLAND
9/24 HAMPTON
10/1 TOWSON
10/8 @ WM & MARY
10/15 BYE
10/22 MORGAN STATE
10/29 @ ELON
11/5 MONMOUTH
11/12 RICHMOND
11/19 @ VILLANOVA

Game one for the money

Game two for the rivalry show

last three to get ready now go to playoffs go

but don’t you put on the ......😁😁

Sitting Bull
March 22nd, 2022, 03:27 PM
So it looks like things are split into two divisions:

NORTH
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Albany
Stony Brook
Monmouth

SOUTH
Villanova
Delaware
Towson
William & Mary
Richmond
Hampton
Elon

Everyone plays everyone within their division, with the exception of Villanova-Elon and Towson-Richmond. Those four schools pick up an extra game with a northern opponent.

From W&M perspective, it’s a big positive to have Delaware and Villanova on an annual schedule as we have in 2022. If above is correct, what then happens when NC A&T comes on board in 2023. I would prefer in that case to see Towson shift north.

I have to think that each school submits their preferences. Would be curious to see who Villanova and Delaware would have on their top 5 game lists.

WestCoastAggie
March 22nd, 2022, 04:19 PM
From W&M perspective, it’s a big positive to have Delaware and Villanova on an annual schedule as we have in 2022. If above is correct, what then happens when NC A&T comes on board in 2023. I would prefer in that case to see Towson shift north.

I have to think that each school submits their preferences. Would be curious to see who Villanova and Delaware would have on their top 5 game lists.

You'd have to think the two will keep each other as a permanent crossover game.

NY Crusader 2010
March 24th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Towson to the North Division makes the most sense once NCAT hits. Can't split up W&M/UD and can't split up UD/VU. BWI is a short direct flight on Southwest from Providence (URI), Manchester or Logan (UNH), Islip (SBU) and Albany. Not sure about Bangor, ME. Monmouth would obviously be a relatively short bus trip. Stony Brook might be a bus trip too, not sure.

Adding a "permanent crossover game" is difficult once you go to 7 teams in a division. Basically means that unless the league goes to 9 league games, you'd play the other 6 teams in the opposite division only twice every 12 years.

Also with 7 teams in each division, would it ever be possible for the CAA North and CAA South to each have their own NCAA playoff AQ?

KPSUL
March 24th, 2022, 05:25 PM
DELAWARE BLUEHENS

9/3 @ NAVY
9/10 DELAWARE STATE
9/17 @ RHODE ISLAND
9/24 HAMPTON
10/1 TOWSON
10/8 @ WM & MARY
10/15 BYE
10/22 MORGAN STATE
10/29 @ ELON
11/5 MONMOUTH
11/12 RICHMOND
11/19 @ VILLANOVA

Looks like 7-4 for the Hens to me. At best 50/50 for the playoffs due to the weak OOC FCS opponents.

Henny
March 25th, 2022, 08:08 AM
Looks like 7-4 for the Hens to me. At best 50/50 for the playoffs due to the weak OOC FCS opponents.

None of us are happy with the Non Conference schedule either.

caribbeanhen
March 25th, 2022, 09:40 AM

what are the 4 losses?

MR. CHICKEN
March 25th, 2022, 09:47 AM
None of us are happy with the Non Conference schedule either.

.....MOST UH HOME SKED......BITES DUH BAG TOO!...:(xembarrassedx:(.....AWK!

caribbeanhen
March 27th, 2022, 10:06 AM

Let me try this another way

what are the seven wins?

KPSUL
March 27th, 2022, 10:25 AM
what are the seven wins?

The two OOC FCS games and five conference games. I'd think you'd beat Hampton and lose to Navy, as far as the other 7 CAA games, I'd just be guessing.

caribbeanhen
March 27th, 2022, 10:41 AM
The two OOC FCS games and five conference games. I'd think you'd beat Hampton and lose to Navy, as far as the other 7 CAA games, I'd just be guessing.

why do you think Delaware will be any good coming off 5-6 ?

KPSUL
March 27th, 2022, 10:50 AM
why do you think Delaware will be any good coming off 5-6 ?

I'm assuming that Nolan Henderson will play a full season, or close to it. But you probably have a better handle on 2022 Delaware football, what do you think?

caribbeanhen
March 27th, 2022, 11:06 AM
I'm assuming that Nolan Henderson will play a full season, or close to it. But you probably have a better handle on 2022 Delaware football, what do you think?

I think you hit the nail on the head with Nolan Henderson, when he was healthy in spring last year, the Hens won games, beat Nova and made semifinals.... everything went right for Delaware though and I understand that.

Carty has wasted no time trying to improve the offense and was able to land not one but two very capable WRs from the transfer portal

Witcher looked very good at Presby
Jackson out of VMI, will be a big contributor

also had brought in some OL help

Richmond is going to be pretty good

Not sure whats going on at UNH other than Santos is in as head coach and you lost a pretty good RB in Carlos Washington

I really like Dylan Laube

KPSUL
March 27th, 2022, 10:32 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head with Nolan Henderson, when he was healthy in spring last year, the Hens won games, beat Nova and made semifinals.... everything went right for Delaware though and I understand that.

Carty has wasted no time trying to improve the offense and was able to land not one but two very capable WRs from the transfer portal

Witcher looked very good at Presby
Jackson out of VMI, will be a big contributor

also had brought in some OL help

Richmond is going to be pretty good

Not sure whats going on at UNH other than Santos is in as head coach and you lost a pretty good RB in Carlos Washington

I really like Dylan Laube

So far, I think the UNH fans that are paying attention like what's happening with the coaching staff. Ricky Santos has named Brian Scott Offensive Coordinator. Scott has 13 years as OC at ODU and I'm glad the Co-Offensive Coordinators situation we had the last 3-4 seasons is gone. John Lyons the former Dartmouth Head coach who served as our Defensive Coordinator for nine years retired shortly after Coach McDonnell. Lyons was well liked at UNH but this gave Santos the ability to promote his own guy into the position - the 8 year UNH Linebacker Coach Garrett Gillick. Former UNH FCS All American DB and return specialist, Casey Deandrade, is back as the DB Coach and Pass Defense Coordinator. We all look to Ricky Santos as a winner who always over-achieved and expect the same from him as a Head Coach.

Carlos Washington was a solid FCS running back, who really filled the #2 RB position for all three seasons he played regularly - first behind Evan Gray and then last season, Dylan Laube. We have one solid RB to back-up Laube - Isaac Seide who is more of a power guy than Washington was. However we may lack depth at that position if someone untested doesn't step up quickly. Max Brosmer should be back at QB after knee surgery last Fall. Max is a very accurate pocket passer who manages the game well, but is not the most fleet of foot QB; however, we need more consistent OL play or whoever plays QB will be spending too much time running for his life against the better pass rushing opponents. The defense will be solid.

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 28th, 2022, 08:24 AM
KPSUL,
Did you lose your DE who was in our backfield constantly to the transfer portal, can't remember the name but he was very good. Ironic that you have two UMaine alumni has coaches but both were well respected when they played, Brian Scott and Drew Belcher.
Maine fans are pretty excited winning 5 of their last 6 games and with the emergence of Freddie Brock has a top RB and only a few players lost to graduation the chance to be a playoff team seems to be achieveable. New HC Jordan Stevens a Mainer and all conference LB and recent DC for Yale also has gives fans something to be optimistic about.

KPSUL
March 28th, 2022, 11:31 AM
KPSUL,
Did you lose your DE who was in our backfield constantly to the transfer portal, can't remember the name but he was very good. Ironic that you have two UMaine alumni has coaches but both were well respected when they played, Brian Scott and Drew Belcher.
Maine fans are pretty excited winning 5 of their last 6 games and with the emergence of Freddie Brock has a top RB and only a few players lost to graduation the chance to be a playoff team seems to be achieveable. New HC Jordan Stevens a Mainer and all conference LB and recent DC for Yale also has gives fans something to be optimistic about.

I think you are talking about Josiah Silver, DE last season who made 3 or 4 different 2nd or 3rd FCS All American teams as a Freshman. He did not enter the portal and is on the 2022 UNH roster. We did have one very good DE, Gunner Gibson, who disrupted plenty of backfields in his career, enter the portal. His stated goal was to get near to his home in Idaho as a grad transfer - he received offers from Southern Utah and North Dakota but I don't think he accepted either of them. As far as I know he is not yet playing football anywhere - he's not back on our roster. We've only lost one player to the portal, another grad transfer RB Carlos Washington who went with SELU.

Is this the DE you are referring to?

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 29th, 2022, 07:13 AM
It was definitely Josiah Silver. Checked the stats against us, 7 solo tackles, 5 assisted and two sacks, he was a beast for sure. 2nd in the CAA with sacks, 10.5. Just glad we got the W and the musket back to Orono:)

caribbeanhen
March 29th, 2022, 08:27 AM
It was definitely Josiah Silver. Checked the stats against us, 7 solo tackles, 5 assisted and two sacks, he was a beast for sure. 2nd in the CAA with sacks, 10.5. Just glad we got the W and the musket back to Orono:)

I thought the Musket was in Asbury Park now...

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 29th, 2022, 11:00 AM
Not the Brice-Cowell Musketxbowx

November 20, 2021Updated November 21, 2021

Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/?share=twitter&nb=1)
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/?share=facebook&nb=1)
Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/?share=reddit&nb=1)
Click to print (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/#print)
Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/?share=email&nb=1)

https://i0.wp.com/bdn-data.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2021/11/musket-at-unh-1.png?fit=1200%2C675&ssl=1UMaine scored 26 unanswered points to overcome a 20-7 deficit and beat UNH 33-20 at Wildcat Stadium in Durham on Saturday afternoon. Credit: Courtesy of Steve GagnonThe Brice-Cowell Musket is returning to Orono.

KPSUL
March 29th, 2022, 04:39 PM
Not the Brice-Cowell Musketxbowx

November 20, 2021Updated November 21, 2021

Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/?share=twitter&nb=1)
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/?share=facebook&nb=1)
Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/?share=reddit&nb=1)
Click to print (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/#print)
Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) (https://bangordailynews.com/2021/11/20/sports/umaine-football-beats-new-hampshire-in-durham-for-first-time-since-2001/?share=email&nb=1)

https://i0.wp.com/bdn-data.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2021/11/musket-at-unh-1.png?fit=1200%2C675&ssl=1UMaine scored 26 unanswered points to overcome a 20-7 deficit and beat UNH 33-20 at Wildcat Stadium in Durham on Saturday afternoon. Credit: Courtesy of Steve GagnonThe Brice-Cowell Musket is returning to Orono.

Yeah it particularly sucks when you have to watch the other team celebrate in your own stadium. What till next season!

caribbeanhen
March 29th, 2022, 05:02 PM
Probably should move on over to the 2022 thread

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 29th, 2022, 07:39 PM
KPSUL, you had a run of 20 years(10 games) of not having to witness us celebrate on your field. That's helluva run!!!

KPSUL
March 30th, 2022, 04:29 PM
Probably should move on over to the 2022 thread

I definitely agree!