PDA

View Full Version : UNI @ NDSU

Bisonator
October 5th, 2021, 11:41 AM
Big game for both teams and NDSU's homecoming so the crowd should be rocking. Who wins and why?

POD Knows
October 5th, 2021, 11:49 AM
No brainer. UNI in a snoozer. 12-3. #BOOKIT. Folks, you looking to upgrade your boat, buy a bigger house, put your kids through college, add some serious scratch to your hookers and blow account, bet the freaking ranch on UNI.

acbearkat
October 5th, 2021, 11:53 AM
Can North Dakota State complete a pass?

Daytripper
October 5th, 2021, 11:53 AM
UNI...because they are due.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2021, 12:01 PM
UNI always plays NDSU tough even all those years NDSU was at or near consensus #1 (except for 2019). Now I feel like the roles are reversed in terms of team balance. NDSU has a great defense and a one-dimensional offense which was always the positon UNI seemed to find itself in. Now UNI has an offense that's efficient in both phases and the still solid defense.

I also think UNI has a monstrous advantage in coaching on their defensive side vs NDSU's offensive staff. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think UNI wins a rock fight where the Bison offense sputters because UNI has the horses to shut down their run game and NDSU can't make them pay by burning them through the air.

Bisonator
October 5th, 2021, 01:51 PM
Pretty much agree with most of you guys so far but I'd like to hear from some UNI peeps............calling clenz

How has Farley not "Farley'd up" the QB and offense situation like he always seems to or is that coming yet?

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2021, 02:04 PM
NDSU play-by-play guy Dom Izzo trying to stir the pot a bit with a clip of the infamous scuffle in 2009 between NDSU running back Pat Paschall and UNI linebacker LJ Fort....

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1445462890106875910

clenz
October 5th, 2021, 02:42 PM
NDSU fans obsessed with that. No one gives a ****. It's been 12 years.

Bison56
October 5th, 2021, 02:46 PM

I'm not obsessed with it.

POD Knows
October 5th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Bison fans are obsessed with it but one gives a ****. Make up your ****ing mind.

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2021, 03:20 PM
N Iowa should win but they will lose and Clenz will unleash holy hell

bookit #

clenz
October 5th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Pretty much agree with most of you guys so far but I'd like to hear from some UNI peeps............calling clenz

How has Farley not "Farley'd up" the QB and offense situation like he always seems to or is that coming yet?
He did...he started Will the first 6 quarters of the season.

Theo has played 8 quarters, essentially, this season. 2 vs Sac State, 3 vs UST, and 3 vs YSU. In those 8 quarters he is 35-58 (60.3%) for 501 yards and 5 TD. There are 2 picks - one was the most insane pick I've ever seen and it was a pick by a literal toe nail, and the other was a simple back read up 34-0. That's a rating of 154.46

Will has played in all 4 games this year - 4 quarters vs Iowa State, started 2 vs Sac St and then a quarter vs UST and YSU. He's gone 23-41 for 237 yards 1 TD and 2 INT.

Will has 10 rushing attempts for -19 yards, where as Theo has 9 attempts for 56 yards

The difference in Will and Theo in terms of quality of ball thrown is night and Day - sorry for the bad pun, I can't avoid it because of the name. The arm strength difference is insanely dumb. Theo can flick his wrist and throw a rope to the side line on a 12 yard out from the far hash (roughly 40 yards). For Will to make the same throw......well....he couldn't. Theo is 6'5 225-230. Will is 5'10 190.

Will, as you've all seen, was always frantic in the pocket. Was never comfortable and would scramble around in circles to try to make a play. It worked sometimes and when it did it looked so good you went "Man, he's a play maker". Theo has this thing called a pocket presence. So far he's has super calm feet, will make one move away from a defender and then will either run for a few yards, throw the ball away, or realize he just needs to take the sack and see the next play. There's a reason Theo was a 4* recruit with multiple B10/ACC offers out of HS.

That's been a big difference in Farley's offense this year. He has a QB that actually makes plays. The other difference, especially compared to the spring, is we actually have an OC. We didn't have that in the spring. Our OC left for the NFL less than 30 hours before kick off of the first game and we didn't really have a full time OC in the spring. The guy we have at OC now was brand new in the spring and was/is the QB coach. He took over as OC as the season went on but split the duty with another coach. Farley trusts this guy, and when you look at your resume you get it. Before UNI he was on staff at Georgia as Offensive QC, the OC at Pitt and was Teddy Bridgewater's QB coach his entire career at Louisville - which is one of the beter college QB careers to ever happen. He's also been an OC at Colorado and Nebraska. It helps that he and the WR coach have an extremely tight relationship as he was the WR Coaches OC and QB coach during his career as the starting QB at Nebraska where he completed 68% of his passes for 5200 yards and 44 TD to just 18 INT and won the Gator Bowl as a Senior. That relationship and cohesiveness between the two for a system and what type of offense is run has been big it seems. The WR coach for UNI owns the Nebraska single season record for yards per game at 275, completions with 285, and total offense. When he graduated he was second in passing TDs in school history. The OC is also very familiar with the MVC and the area for recruiting. He played at SIU and was the HC at SIU for a few years in the mid 90s

That's a lot of words to say that Farley has someone that runs an offense he wants run and will run it the way he wants it run.

It also helps our OL has had a lot of issues resolved since 2019. Yes, we lost Spencer Brown (who is now staring for the Bills by week 4 of his rookie season) but we have brought in another OL coach to work on fundamentals and day to day stuff with the OL. The OL coach we have had for a few years is an amazing recruiter and hype man. That's made a world of difference in foundation for the OL. I saw on Bisonville people were wondering if UNI was beating NDSU for recruits lately - and the answer is yes and it's because of that OL coach. That has happened on the OL more than any other position. The problem is he isn't great at scheme/fundamental coaching it seemed. Farley brought in Brandon Keith in the spring as a volunteer, and now a full time staff member this fall. Keith played for Farley 07-09 and was an All American RT and spent 6 years in the NFL. He's taken over the technical side of the OL and it's been a world of difference. The left side of our OL - The Penning Brothers - has been a massive strength. The last time you could point to the OL as a strength for UNI was maybe 2011 and moer than likely back when Keith was wearing the uniform and anchoring the right side of an OL that had 4 NFL guys - and the fifth spent a few years on practice squads and was a multiple time AA.

The Penning brothers are massive and stupid highly through of in NFL circles. Junior left tackle Jared Penning is 6'7 325 and is currently #14 on Kipers Big Board for this coming draft. Not #14 for OT....number 14 overall. NFL draft 2022 rankings: Top 25 prospects, best by position in Mel Kiper's Big Board, including Matt Corral, Malik Willis, Spencer Rattler (espn.com) (https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/32305918/nfl-draft-2022-rankings-top-25-prospects-best-position-mel-kiper-big-board-including-matt-corral-malik-willis-spencer-rattler) Penning the Younger is a freshman at LG at 6'6 340 and because of Jared getting NFL looks Trevor has had the ability to show off and is being talked about as having a higher ceiling than Spernver Brown, or Penning the Elder.

https://twitter.com/Jack_Borowsky/status/1442553252843868160?s=20

There was a 70 yard (ish) TD run in the second quarter by Dom Williams where Jared collapsed the left side so hard Trevor had NO ONE to block so he just shuffled down the field in blocking position as a meme.

Currently averaging over 6 yards per carry as a team, which is a massive shift from the 2.5-3 that's been averaged the last few years. Now, we haven't faced a super tough SOS so that number likely comes down, but I don't think it craters like past years.

It's not that this offense is world beating by any means but it's so much better than anything we've seen. Still has less than 400 yards offense against YSU, but it was over 300 at half (something like 160 passing and 170 rushing). The second half was just get the game over mode. Who knows how that translates to Saturday. Farley in the FargoDome going against Entz could pucker his b-hole right back to where we all have seen it for years. I do know/have heard from well connected people that Farley genuinely REALLY likes the make up of this team, which might be helping keep his hands off the offense. But the SoS is about to go from a 3/10 to 10/10 the next 7 weeks so all bets are off

clenz
October 5th, 2021, 03:22 PM
N Iowa should win but they will lose and Clenz will unleash holy hell

bookit #
I'm already on record with people I care to talk too that UNI doesn't win this one. Not sure what hell there will be to unleash outside of Farley forgetting how well the offense works when Theo gets to do what Theo can do.

geaux_sioux
October 5th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Doesn’t look like much at all.

clenz
October 5th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Doesn’t look like much at all.
If you ask NDSU fans LJ pulled a knife out of his socks, stabbed the NDSU player, pissed in the stab wound, then murdered the pet of everyone in the stadium that day.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2021, 05:15 PM
If you ask NDSU fans LJ pulled a knife out of his socks, stabbed the NDSU player, pissed in the stab wound, then murdered the pet of everyone in the stadium that day.
lol... and where are all these NDSU fans you speak of who are still obsessed with it???

I just posted it cuz I thought it was funny that Dom was trying to stir up **** by digging that video out of the archives. I posted it on Bisonville as well just to see who I could get a reaction out of. No one has taken the bait (yet at least) on Twitter or either of these boards.

Bisonoline
October 5th, 2021, 06:26 PM

I never gave a **** when it first happened. xrolleyesx

geaux_sioux
October 5th, 2021, 06:49 PM

People in Fargo have a weird chip on their shoulder. And for that fan base to still be soooo insecure is beyond any reasonable explanation. I spose maybe it stems from th whole AC inferiority complex.

BisonTru
October 5th, 2021, 07:04 PM
People in Fargo have a weird chip on their shoulder. And for that fan base to still be soooo insecure is beyond any reasonable explanation. I spose maybe it stems from th whole AC inferiority complex.

Don’t you have some weights to yell at?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/PPcoaMBKaY8vu/giphy.gif

Bisonoline
October 5th, 2021, 07:39 PM

https://i.imgur.com/uFgX1Mx.jpg

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2021, 05:42 AM
I'm already on record with people I care to talk too that UNI doesn't win this one. Not sure what hell there will be to unleash outside of Farley forgetting how well the offense works when Theo gets to do what Theo can do.

If your only talking to people you care to talk to are you really on the record? I would say no

dewey
October 6th, 2021, 07:36 AM
lol... and where are all these NDSU fans you speak of who are still obsessed with it???

I just posted it cuz I thought it was funny that Dom was trying to stir up **** by digging that video out of the archives. I posted it on Bisonville as well just to see who I could get a reaction out of. No one has taken the bait (yet at least) on Twitter or either of these boards.

Agreed. Funny how the people that commented on it 1st was Clenz and a Siouxage fan who brought up that NDS fans were still obsessed with it. Like PC said it was the local media/TV guy from Fargo that posted this video.

Great informational post Clenz. Why do you think UNI won't win?

Dewey

geaux_sioux
October 6th, 2021, 07:39 AM
Agreed. Funny how the people that commented on it 1st was Clenz and a Siouxage fan who brought up that NDS fans were still obsessed with it. Like PC said it was the local media/TV guy from Fargo that posted this video.

Dewey

I’ve seen people talk plenty about it on bisonville in the past. Kinda like that call against EWU back in the day.

Gil Dobie
October 6th, 2021, 08:26 AM
I’ve seen people talk plenty about it on bisonville in the past. Kinda like that call against EWU back in the day.

The EWU call makes for good banter, but I don't even remember the UNI fight.

Gil Dobie
October 6th, 2021, 08:31 AM
The more the coaches are concerned about the outcome of the game, the more Hunter Luepke plays.

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2021, 08:39 AM

.....YER POSTIN' ON UH CHAT BOARD.......WHEN YA DO THAT.........YER TALKIN' TA ALL UH US..........AWQ!

...............ON DUH OTHERAH HAND.........AH THINK YA'S WIN IT............'CAUSE AH DISLIKE.... BISONSSS/MORE THAN SQUIRRELS....ERR....GERBILS.....UMM....WHAT'S DAT THING ON YER GOURD GUARDS?????....xdontknowx....BRAWK!

clenz
October 6th, 2021, 09:27 AM
If your only talking to people you care to talk to are you really on the record? I would say no
People I care enough about, am close enough too, to feel like picking the game with aren't on this forum anymore. One pops up occasionally but not more than in passing to complain about 1 very specific thing.

Just because you aren't in that group doesn't mean I'm not on record. You don't get to know about every record people are involved in.

clenz
October 6th, 2021, 09:29 AM

Dewey
Flip that question - would I think UNI would?

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2021, 10:05 AM
People I care enough about, am close enough too, to feel like picking the game with aren't on this forum anymore. One pops up occasionally but not more than in passing to complain about 1 very specific thing.

Just because you aren't in that group doesn't mean I'm not on record. You don't get to know about every record people are involved in.

lol I’m heart broken

achrist70
October 6th, 2021, 10:50 AM
I am going to say as a Panther fan I think we have a good of a chance to win in Fargo as we have since NDSU joined the conference. I personally think we are totally under ranked, last year we started the year 2nd or 3rd and essentially played the season with a skeleton team and never lost by more than a touchdown, now we have most of the team back that was supposed to be a top 5 team in country, plus what appears to be a competent quarterback, which if you know anything about UNI football has been for the last decade what has been missing. If NDSU is as one dimensional as Bison fans say they are our defense will shut them down, and I think our offense is good enough to score enough to get the win. We aren't hoping for 2 defensive touchdowns like we had to in previous years.

Now I expect the atmosphere to be as hostile as anyone could imagine and that could be the downfall for us.

F'N Hawks
October 6th, 2021, 11:11 AM
The more the coaches are concerned about the outcome of the game, the more Hunter Luepke plays.

His stats have dwindled since his debut against UND last spring and the new package they unveiled that day. One trick pony to chew up clock and churn first downs vs. teams that cannot stop it.

dewey
October 6th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Flip that question - would I think UNI would?

Assuming the question was "Why would I think UNI would win?"

The offense seems like the best it has been since.....maybe 2014? Theo Day is supposed to be really good with a really solid offensive line plus the normally very good defense that UNI brings to the table.

Dewey

dewey
October 6th, 2021, 11:15 AM
His stats have dwindled since his debut against UND last spring and the new package they unveiled that day. One trick pony to chew up clock and churn first downs vs. teams that cannot stop it.

Last spring wasn't so much of a new package as much as Leupke was finally healthy. Some of those runs anyone of our running backs could have made (specifically the 1st touchdown).

Dewey

clenz
October 6th, 2021, 11:22 AM
There are ways to exploit a UNI defense. I'm not sure a full back is one of them but I could be wrong.

I went and looked at his stats he had 190 yards and 3 TD in that game against UND. In 9 games since he has 411 yards rushing and 6 TD - and something like 80 yards receiving.

That includes 95 yards the week after, against UNI though he isn't the reason NDSU won that game as some sort of magic weapon.

So in his career, outside of that 2 week stretch, he has 24 games played 359 yards rushing and 6 TD on 59 carries. That's a solid average per carry but it is interesting that you'd have a back that has 6 YPC but won't give him the ball.

Watch him break out for 200 this weekend though because that's how dumb **** like this works.

Herder
October 6th, 2021, 12:12 PM

The next time you guys come to fargo, my vote is for NDSU to wear jerseys without numbers, just a big AC on the front. Then kick UND's ass all the way back to grand Forks. Maybe you guys could wear pink too, just like old times.

F'N Hawks
October 6th, 2021, 12:18 PM
The next time you guys come to fargo, my vote is for NDSU to wear jerseys without numbers, just a big AC on the front. Then kick UND's ass all the way back to grand Forks. Maybe you guys could wear pink too, just like old times.

Whoa big boy.

geaux_sioux
October 6th, 2021, 12:53 PM

This about sums it up, thanks.

taper
October 6th, 2021, 01:13 PM
When's the last time fans on both sides were convinced their team is going to lose?

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2021, 01:43 PM
When's the last time fans on both sides were convinced their team is going to lose?
I'd say last spring's "regular" season finale with SDSU.

BisonTru
October 6th, 2021, 06:12 PM
Some of the least bold predictions you'll read:

1. This game will be close.

2. UNI will lose the following week.

- No idea who they play and it doesn't really matter.

3. UND fans will infect these threads until da Hockies season.

POD Knows
October 6th, 2021, 06:40 PM

Hockey started. I saw they crushed Bemidji 2 to 1

F'N Hawks
October 6th, 2021, 06:49 PM

4. Bison fans talking about hockey.

Christiank22
October 6th, 2021, 07:28 PM
Hockey started. I saw they crushed Bemidji 2 to 1

That’s real division 1 baby! Nothing screams the big leagues like Bemidji!

Houndawg
October 7th, 2021, 07:16 AM
I am going to say as a Panther fan I think we have a good of a chance to win in Fargo as we have since NDSU joined the conference. I personally think we are totally under ranked, last year we started the year 2nd or 3rd and essentially played the season with a skeleton team and never lost by more than a touchdown, now we have most of the team back that was supposed to be a top 5 team in country, plus what appears to be a competent quarterback, which if you know anything about UNI football has been for the last decade what has been missing. If NDSU is as one dimensional as Bison fans say they are our defense will shut them down, and I think our offense is good enough to score enough to get the win. We aren't hoping for 2 defensive touchdowns like we had to in previous years.

Now I expect the atmosphere to be as hostile as anyone could imagine and that could be the downfall for us.

Adding a decent QB means that UNI isn't being overrated based on their history for a change and they always play NDSU tough so I think you're right about having your best chance in a long time to git er done on the road. Playing at Homecoming means the game will take forever to play and it will be LOUD and NDSU fans know what to do. I've been thinking upset here but its just a hunch bet, the only kind you could resonably make playing NDSU on their Homecoming. If the UNI offense can deal with the noise and come out throwing well enough to back the safeties up, and most importantly, score first, they can pull it off.

dewey
October 7th, 2021, 08:24 AM
Hard to believe it has been 10 years since the birth of "UNI Loud".

There have been quite a few really good games between these two the last 10 years. Hopefully this one will end with an NDSU win luke the last 7.

Dewey

geaux_sioux
October 7th, 2021, 08:48 AM

Bison fans infect entire boards so 3. is laughable. Has lakes posted on USDs board yet?

Daytripper
October 7th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Bison fans infect entire boards so 3. is laughable. Has lakes posted on USDs board yet?

Truth bomb.

dewey
October 7th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Dom Izzo, NDSU TV coverage guy for years and play b play this year, has been posting highlight videos from quite a few UNI NDSU slobber knocker games.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY

That 2015 playoff game was defense and special teams.

Dewey

The Yo Show
October 7th, 2021, 04:02 PM
No brainer. UNI in a snoozer. 12-3. #BOOKIT. Folks, you looking to upgrade your boat, buy a bigger house, put your kids through college, add some serious scratch to your hookers and blow account, bet the freaking ranch on UNI.

I know you are using #bookit, but the awesome power of #bookit is being severely tested with this one. Should be a good game, but I give the edge to UNI right now.

Preferred Walk-On
October 7th, 2021, 04:06 PM

I don't think anyone said that #3 for either is mutually exclusive...

POD Knows
October 7th, 2021, 06:39 PM
I know you are using #bookit, but the awesome power of #bookit is being severely tested with this one. Should be a good game, but I give the edge to UNI right now.
NDSU can’t win this one and I am burning power that should be used more wisely. No doubt about it. We are outmanned at every position and will be out coached on both sides of the ball. #BOOKIT

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2021, 06:50 PM
Bison fans infect entire boards so 3. is laughable. Has lakes posted on USDs board yet?Lakes is not one of us. Not one sane Bison fan claims him. Dude is a ****ing river troll.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Chalupa Batman
October 8th, 2021, 01:37 AM
Lakes is not one of us. Not one sane Bison fan claims him. Dude is a ****ing river troll.

Actually Lakes is pretty well behaved on other teams’ boards, comparatively speaking. He’s still like the annoying dog trying to hump everyone’s legs, but he doesn’t **** everywhere and then drag his ass across the carpet like he does on BV.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2021, 06:05 AM
Going to be a slugfest! My kind of game....xthumbsupx

I can almost guarantee the Bison OC is going to keep running his "stretch runs" to the outside hoping they work and UNI shuts it down with their speed.

Pretty easy: NDSU cannot get the passing game going.....they lose.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2021, 07:05 AM
Actually Lakes is pretty well behaved on other teams’ boards, comparatively speaking. He’s still like the annoying dog trying to hump everyone’s legs, but he doesn’t **** everywhere and then drag his ass across the carpet like he does on BV.

lol

Bisonator
October 8th, 2021, 08:33 AM
Is he still a mod over on JMU's board? That ****ing killed me xlolx

100%GRIZ
October 8th, 2021, 12:11 PM
UNI...because they are due.
Agree! xeyebrowx

dewey
October 8th, 2021, 01:24 PM
I think NDSU finds a way to continue the win streak against UNI. Plus it being a home game on homecoming.

My prediction
NDSU 23
UNI 13

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
October 8th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Is he still a mod over on JMU's board? That ****ing killed me xlolx

Technically yes. The website where the Duke board is has boards for a bunch of other teams, Lakes made one for NDSU where he’s a mod. Which makes him a mod on whatever teams board he goes to on that site.

mmiller_34
October 8th, 2021, 06:06 PM
NDSU by infinity. #BookIt

https://media0.giphy.com/media/VtR7L2GCNQB56/giphy.gif

dewey
October 8th, 2021, 07:02 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about 5 things to watch for UNI vs NDSU game tomorrow.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7228173-McFeely-blog-Five-things-to-watch-in-the-Bison-UNI-game#.YWBKmtxkhYZ.twitter

Here is a podcast by Jeff Kolpack & Dom Izzo (NDSU beat writers).

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7228770-Kolpack-and-Izzo-Podcast-UNI-game-preview#.YV9ww1oFZet.twitter

Dewey

SDFS
October 8th, 2021, 09:28 PM

Didn't he cause the USD board to shutdown a couple of years ago..

Chalupa Batman
October 8th, 2021, 09:50 PM

I didn’t hear about that. Maybe he did. I’ve seen him on UNI, JMU, Sam Houston, and Oregon boards. He annoys people there but doesn’t really piss them off.

dewey
October 8th, 2021, 10:51 PM

South Dakota has a fan board? For both fansxlolx

Dewey

caribbeanhen
October 9th, 2021, 06:20 AM
I didn’t hear about that. Maybe he did. I’ve seen him on UNI, JMU, Sam Houston, and Oregon boards. He annoys people there but doesn’t really piss them off.

El Chapo? Is that Lakes?

BisonTru
October 9th, 2021, 06:29 AM
El Chapo? Is that Lakes?

Correct.

caribbeanhen
October 9th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Correct.

ahh ok

took a brief look at Bisonville and El Chapo seemed to the main character

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 09:24 AM
Happy NDSU Homecoming GAMEDAY!

Go Bison!

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211009/f801d6936a3629780c2c96bcd9dd187b.jpg

POD Knows
October 9th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Watched the 3 minute game intro tape that NDSU put together. Pretty nice hype video for UNI. UNI 28 NDSU 10. Man for man UNI is better at every position except running back and maybe TE. This game won’t be close. The crowd will be quiet. The rain ****ed up tailgating. Bad mojo everywhere. #BOOKIT.

clenz
October 9th, 2021, 10:53 AM
Farley decided to commando raid this game for travel.

We haven't seen that Farley in years - outside of the one Thursday night game at Indiana State 2 or 3 years ago.

I want to read into what that means for his mentality for this game but it's not worth trying to understand what is in that head.xlolx

Chalupa Batman
October 9th, 2021, 11:30 AM
ahh ok

took a brief look at Bisonville and El Chapo seemed to the main character

I’m pretty sure he’s been over on the Hen board too, and nothing there either like he is on BV.

Chalupa Batman
October 9th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Whatever the O/U is today I would take the under. I feel a battle of the punters coming up today.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 01:16 PM
I've already seen enough of that useless stretch play. ****ing come on Roehl. Grow some damn balls you coward.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 01:25 PM
QP2 drops a dime to Watson for 85yds. Well ****ind done. Where the hell was that against GFCC. See Roehl, it's okay to pass and not run ****ing stretch plays or into a 9 man box every play.

Christiank22
October 9th, 2021, 01:34 PM
What a shock UNI head hunting, almost like they play dirty every single year

Bison56
October 9th, 2021, 01:35 PM
High passes will get the WR killed eventually.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 01:37 PM
How was that not targeting? UNI clearly a dirty team. In what world is that not targeting?

Bison56
October 9th, 2021, 01:37 PM
Hate the targeting call, but that looked like textbook targeting to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Where the hell is 44?

Bison56
October 9th, 2021, 01:38 PM
Need 8 foot WRs.

POD Knows
October 9th, 2021, 02:25 PM
Dead crowd. Maybe 15000 butts in the seats. Dead offense. Tie game. Pretty good D on both sides of the ball.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Bison lead 13-10 at the break.

How do you not bring in Leupke and the FB's and pound the ball on 1st and goal 4 straight times?

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 02:44 PM

How do you not bring in Leupke and the FB's and pound the ball on 1st and goal 4 straight times?

DeweyRoehl has a one track mind. He sticks with what he started with and refuses to adjust the gameplan. Cause you and I both know why use Tamerik Williams or Hunter Luepke from the 7 when you can do a mobile pocket or hand the ball of the Johnson/Bussey 50 times a game on a stretch play that did not work the previous 49 times before.

Bison56
October 9th, 2021, 02:52 PM

Dewey

Beating my head against the wall here. Out thinking himself week after week.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Roehl has a one track mind. He sticks with what he started with and refuses to adjust the gameplan. Cause you and I both know why use Tamerik Williams or Hunter Luepke from the 7 when you can do a mobile pocket or hand the ball of the Johnson/Bussey 50 times a game on a stretch play that did not work the previous 49 times before.

Agreed. Why. Ot pound Leupke or Williams? Heck how about I formation stretch play with the play action roll out off of it? Tight ends are always wide open.

Plus it gives Patterson the ability to run if the pass isn't there.

Roehl is awful.

Dewey

Winterborn
October 9th, 2021, 02:54 PM
How was that not targeting? UNI clearly a dirty team. In what world is that not targeting?

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkWatched it live (and about 20 yards away) and the UNI player never moved his head down, just ran into him. Reading the targeting rule, I can see why they called it the way they did.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Agreed. Why. Ot pound Leupke or Williams? Heck how about I formation stretch play with the play action roll out off of it? Tight ends are always wide open.

Roehl is awful.

DeweyThey ran 1 play action play this half that I could remember. It went for 85 yards and a TD. At some point, the media needs to ask why Entz keeps Roehl as the OC. At what point does Entz realize these ****-ups will cost him his job? You can only get so lucky before reality bites you back in the ass.

QP2 is not a bad QB but they are not putting him in a position to win. Power I with Luepke in the FB and Williams in the HB position. Pulling linemen and TEs and hammer it down their throats. Then go to the PA to open the gaps and get Watson his deep shots.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 02:59 PM
Len Kretchem (spelling?) is the NDSU record holder for NDSU receiving yards in a game at 232 yards.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
Watched it live (and about 20 yards away) and the UNI player never moved his head down, just ran into him. Reading the targeting rule, I can see why they called it the way they did.Would he not be a defenseless receiver then since he never had a chance to protect himself?

dewey
They ran 1 play action play this half that I could remember. It went for 85 yards and a TD. At some point, the media needs to ask why Entz keeps Roehl as the OC. At what point does Entz realize these ****-ups will cost him his job? You can only get so lucky before reality bites you back in the ass.

QP2 is not a bad QB but they are not putting him in a position to win. Power I with Luepke in the FB and Williams in the HB position. Pulling linemen and TEs and hammer it down their throats. Then go to the PA to open the gaps and get Watson his deep shots.

PREACH IT BROTHER!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 03:02 PM
PREACH IT BROTHER!

DeweyRoehl might be the first OC that we all can agree needs to go. I know Vigen had his defenders and supporters but no one can honestly defend Roehl at this point. For the record, I did not like Vigen and wanted him gone. Entz's support is diminishing as well.

I wish AD Larsen would sit down with Entz and tell him to bring back Messingham.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:04 PM
What a start to the 2nd half!

Defense owns UNI and then Price with a HUGE return.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 03:04 PM
Damn. Price just about took it to the house. This feels like the 2015 all over again, except that was Bruce with the kickoff.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Do you think the NDSU coaches read AGS or Bisonville at halftime about Leupke getting the ball, LOL!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Do you think the NDSU coaches read AGS or Bisonville at halftime about Leupke getting the ball, LOL!

DeweyI mean, I wouldn't be shocked if they read Bisonville.

But look what happened. They put in a power I and got down to the 2.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 03:07 PM
QP2 has the strength of damn MLB! His sack escape and now his rushing TD.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:07 PM
Love the entire Bison team pushing Patterson into the end zone.

20-10 NDSU leads UNI.

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:08 PM
I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if they read Bisonville.

But look what happened. They put in a power I and got down to the 2.

And then the next play they go away from it....

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 03:10 PM
And then the next play they go away from it....

DeweyRoehl is trying to Farley this game.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:12 PM
Both tackles got owned on that play and then Day fumbles.

NDSU ball at the UNI 20 or so.

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Keep giving it to Leupke!!!!!

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:15 PM
Holy crap did Roehl read our messages during halftime?

Pound Leupke and then I formation play action pass

27-10 Bison leading in the 3rd quarter.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 03:17 PM
Holy crap did Roehl read our messages during halftime?

Pound Leupke and then I formation play action pass

27-10 Bison leading in the 3rd quarter.

DeweyAlright. So it seems like at halftime, we need to actually gameplan for the 2nd half for Roehl going forward. Time for us to be properly compensated by NDSU.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Agreed. Why. Ot pound Leupke or Williams Heck how about I formation stretch play with the play action roll out off of it? Tight ends are always wide open.

Roehl is awful.

Dewey

Even a blind nut finds a squirrel, LOL!

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Ugh. Day slips out of a sack from a huge throw and the next play a touchdown by Williams.

27-17 7:39 to go 3rd quarter.

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 03:34 PM
27-17 NDSU leads at the end of the 3rd quarter. NDSU 2nd and goal from the 7 coming up.

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Jackson Hankey with an interception. This will probably be overturned.

34-20 NDSU leads with 353 to go 4th quarter.

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Day fumbles on a good scramble on 4th down that would have resulted in a 1st down.

Under review.....

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 04:20 PM
The fumble call stands and NDSU takes over.

Who would have thought NDSU would win by 2 touchdowns.

34-20 3:11 to go 4th quarter.

Dewey

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Big win for NDSU on homecoming!

34-20

8 straight wins for NDSU over UNI!

Dewey

JayJ79
October 9th, 2021, 05:04 PM
hated the officiating (and yet I still see you bison fans whining about it).
not calling targeting on Sapp was the right call, as he didn't hit with the crown of his helmet and the receiver lowered his own head, causing the helmet-to-helmet

NDSU player pushes the UNI defender into the pile late in the 2nd qtr yet they flag the guy that was pushed. (the facemask might have been legit, I didn't really see that part). Luckily those penalties didn't really change things much, as NDSU was held to a FG.

lots of late hits and holds by NDSU with none of it being called.

The officiating wasn't what decided the game, but it is hella frustrating to see it so one-sided.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 05:28 PM
not calling targeting on Sapp was the right call, as he didn't hit with the crown of his helmet and the receiver lowered his own head, causing the helmet-to-helmet

NDSU player pushes the UNI defender into the pile late in the 2nd qtr yet they flag the guy that was pushed. (the facemask might have been legit, I didn't really see that part). Luckily those penalties didn't really change things much, as NDSU was held to a FG.

The officiating wasn't what decided the game, but it is hella frustrating to see it so one-sided.You serious Clark?

UNI held a decent amount of plays. Targeting was extremely clear. Late shots by UNI.

But yeah, officiating was totally one sided...

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Or how about the roughing the passer where NDSU intercepted it. These refs were bad for both teams, but take the loss with dignity.

JayJ79
October 9th, 2021, 05:42 PM
UNI held a decent amount of plays.
And they were called for it a number of times. NDSU held just as much, but were never called for it that I recall (if they were flagged for it, it was late in the game when the outcome was already decided and I had already turned it off)

Targeting was extremely clear.
not according to the guidelines given by the head of officiating guy that does the weekly videos that Ursus has posted in that other thread
and not according to the officials in today's game after they reviewed it (and explained it)

Late shots by UNI.
Late shots by NDSU too. Yet UNI was the only team flagged for it

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 05:45 PM
And they were called for it a number of times. NDSU held just as much, but were never called for it that I recall (if they were flagged for it, it was late in the game when the outcome was already decided and I had already turned it off)

not according to the guidelines given by the head of officiating guy that does the weekly videos that Ursus has posted in that other thread
and not according to the officials in today's game after they reviewed it (and explained it)

Late shots by NDSU too. Yet UNI was the only team flagged for itYou literally held on your first drive to avoid a sack and it was not called. We got called for roughing the passer on the weakest call I've ever seen. Let me know when LAUNCHING WITH THE CROWN OF YOUR HELMET is not Targeting cause that was clear as day. You ripped QP2 facemask off and damn near decapitated him on that play. There was not one late hit on an NDSU player near the sideline as UNI players danced along the white line. If you want to dance along the white line, you are going to get popped.

POD Knows
October 9th, 2021, 05:53 PM
Would he not be a defenseless receiver then since he never had a chance to protect himself?

It looked to me like he lead with the crown of his helmet and it was helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver. It was a bang bang play but most of those are. Should have been targeting but I didn’t have the best angle but got to watch the replay 5 times at the dome

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 06:11 PM
It looked to me like he lead with the crown of his helmet and it was helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver. It was a bang bang play but most of those are. Should have been targeting but I didn’t have the best angle but got to watch the replay 5 times at the domeAll of the replays we saw at home through Plus indicated targeting on our end.

Bison56
October 9th, 2021, 06:26 PM

The officiating wasn't what decided the game, but it is hella frustrating to see it so one-sided.

Officiating was terrible all around, you calling it one sided just shows us you're a sore loser.

HAL_9000
October 9th, 2021, 06:47 PM
All of the replays we saw at home through Plus indicated targeting on our end.

Kingpin, I wouldn't be nosing around if I didn't like it here. That said, for those not in the know what is up your Avatar?

Winterborn
October 9th, 2021, 06:56 PM
Would he not be a defenseless receiver then since he never had a chance to protect himself?

Not sure. Here are the rules from the 2019 rule book (not sure if there is an updated copy out there or not).

Defenseless Player
ARTICLE 14. A defenseless player is one who because of his physical position and focus of concentration is especially vulnerable to injury. When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:
a. A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
b. A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
c. A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
d. A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
e. A player on the ground.
f. A player obviously out of the play.
g. A player who receives a blind-side block.
h. A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.
i. A quarterback any time after a change of possession.
j. A ball carrier who has obviously given himself up and is sliding feet-first.

Winterborn
October 9th, 2021, 07:06 PM
It looked to me like he lead with the crown of his helmet and it was helmet to helmet on a defenseless receiver. It was a bang bang play but most of those are. Should have been targeting but I didn’t have the best angle but got to watch the replay 5 times at the dome

From the the viewpoint I had (it was right in front of me) it looked like the UNI receiver never changed his head angle(no time to react) but hit as the NDSU receiver was dropping. It didn't look like anything intentional but like you stated, was a bang bang play and nobody had time to react.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2021, 07:15 PM

This is freaking hilarious....xlolx

What game did you watch idiot? xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2021, 07:23 PM
UNI didn't impress me. They are who they are. QB (Day) is an upgrade.

NDSU's OC (Roehl) is still very frustrating. Why not pound Luepke/Williams north/south instead of the little piss ant light RBs....xmadx....Luepke did a good job when he did get carries.

Better team won and if they happen to meet again this year, NDSU wins again. What is it now? 8 wins in a row now against the kitties....xnodx

Both of NDSU's lines were better than UNI's.

** NDSU left some points out there....

The Yo Show
October 9th, 2021, 07:43 PM
So... I was wrong. I should have never doubted the power of #bookit. I think book it took it out on me for doubting because I missed *every* MVFC game this week.

TheKingpin28
October 9th, 2021, 08:13 PM
Kingpin, I wouldn't be nosing around if I didn't like it here. That said, for those not in the know what is up your Avatar?Lost a bet from 2018 and I had not changed it back to a photo of my old beagle.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 08:42 PM

NDSU's OC (Roehl) is still very frustrating. Why not pound Luepke/Williams north/south instead of the little piss ant light RBs....xmadx....Luepke did a good job when he did get carries.

Better team won and if they happen to meet again this year, NDSU wins again. What is it now? 8 wins in a row now against the kitties....xnodx

100% agree with you on everything you posted.

8 wins in a row against UNI! Big win for NDSU.

The Dakota Marker game in Broomings is going to be H-UG-E!

Dewey

POD Knows
October 9th, 2021, 09:04 PM
From the the viewpoint I had (it was right in front of me) it looked like the UNI receiver never changed his head angle(no time to react) but hit as the NDSU receiver was dropping. It didn't look like anything intentional but like you stated, was a bang bang play and nobody had time to react.
Nope he lowered his head and hit him with the crown of his helmet. It looked text book. Watch the replay

POD Knows
October 9th, 2021, 09:07 PM
So... I was wrong. I should have never doubted the power of #bookit. I think book it took it out on me for doubting because I missed *every* MVFC game this week.
I got them all wrong as well. It is amazing how that works

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2021, 09:19 PM
100% agree with you on everything you posted.

8 wins in a row against UNI! Big win for NDSU.

The Dakota Marker game in Broomings is going to be H-UG-E!

Dewey

I like watching OLs do their thing. With all of the hype surrounding UNI's OL, I was expecting them to dominate or at least have a big advantage. Nope. UNI's right side got used by the NDSU DL. UNI's all-world OT #70 looked gassed the whole game.

NDSU's lines were better all game long.

IMO, if Roehl uses Luepke/Williams for most of the carries against stout defenses, NDSU would have much more consistent rushing attacks. Sure, use the little RBs for a change of pace or on 3rd down and long but Roehl uses them for between the tackles runs and they do not produce like the bigger RBs do. Like I said, just my armchair opinion. And honestly, if these teams play 10 times, NDSU wins 9 times.

Gil Dobie
October 9th, 2021, 09:25 PM
According to the Bison expert in the radio booth, the big problem for UNI is blocking. They have a big line, but they are very timid. Basically, they are not very aggressive when blocking. Goes to the old adage, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog.

dewey
October 9th, 2021, 09:48 PM
I like watching OLs do their thing. With all of the hype surrounding UNI's OL, I was expecting them to dominate or at least have a big advantage. Nope. UNI's right side got used by the NDSU DL. UNI's all-world OT #70 looked gassed the whole game.

NDSU's lines were better all game long.

IMO, if Roehl uses Luepke/Williams for most of the carries against stout defenses, NDSU would have much more consistent rushing attacks. Sure, use the little RBs for a change of pace or on 3rd down and long but Roehl uses them for between the tackles runs and they do not produce like the bigger RBs do. Like I said, just my armchair opinion. And honestly, if these teams play 10 times, NDSU wins 9 times.

Agreed. I will admit that I didn't see every play but I was not impressed by the UNI line. That 1 fumble both tackles for UNI got owned by the NDSU DE's.

Dewey

Hammerhead
October 9th, 2021, 11:27 PM
There were plenty of bad calls/no calls that benefited both teams.

- - - Updated - - -

There were plenty of bad calls/no calls that benefited both teams.

Houndawg
October 9th, 2021, 11:45 PM
Lost a bet from 2018 and I had not changed it back to a photo of my old beagle.

Hound dogs are good dogs

TheKingpin28
October 10th, 2021, 12:05 AM
Hound dogs are good dogsShe was a perfect pup. Just wanted to have fun and be around people. Rarely would she ever "yip". Very relaxed and always happy.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2021, 01:00 AM
You be the judge....

https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/status/1447069316386590721

Keep in mind the receiver is (likely) not considered a defenseless player at this point since he has the ball and is reacting to the defense around him.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2021, 07:17 AM
She was a perfect pup. Just wanted to have fun and be around people. Rarely would she ever "yip". Very relaxed and always happy.

I've never heard one that yips but I've heard many that bay way above their size!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2021, 07:20 AM
You be the judge....

Keep in mind the receiver is (likely) not considered a defenseless player at this point since he has the ball and is reacting to the defense around him.

If Watson would have laid on the field and took a lot of time getting up a flag would have been thrown but he bounced right up like nothing happened.

Refs got the Hankey INT correct....it wasn't one. Late hit on Moestart was a joke that nullified an INT.

Frustrating to see the soft prevent defense the last few drives UNI had when they marched down the field. But overall, NDSU is the better team and proved it.

dewey
October 10th, 2021, 08:03 AM
You be the judge....

It is possible I did not know the rules but Sapp is leading with his helmet and it is clearly helmet to helmet contact.

Agreed that the Hankey interception was not and review got it right. Also agreed that the late hit on Moestart was wrong. I always thought defensive players got a step or two after the throw (clearly that has changed).

Good to see the play action shot to Watso early. Get his the dang ball. He is a special player.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 10th, 2021, 09:22 AM

Agree on the line play. The UNI Online is overrated. NDSU probably should have had 10 plus sacks of their QB. UNI has really good talent at the skill positions on offense. Good running backs and WR’s. I wasn’t impressed with the Bison Oline play either.

POD Knows
October 10th, 2021, 09:25 AM
It is possible I did not know the rules but Sapp is leading with his helmet and it is clearly helmet to helmet contact.

Agreed that the Hankey interception was not and review got it right. Also agreed that the late hit on Moestart was wrong. I always thought defensive players got a step or two after the throw (clearly that has changed).

Good to see the play action shot to Watso early. Get his the dang ball. He is a special player.

Dewey
He lead with it and lowered it at the point of contact. This seemed clear cut to me but this rule is a tough one. Sapp should have penalized but it is what it is.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2021, 09:56 AM
Agree on the line play. The UNI Online is overrated. NDSU probably should have had 10 plus sacks of their QB. UNI has really good talent at the skill positions on offense. Good running backs and WR’s. I wasn’t impressed with the Bison Oline play either.

NDSU's DL is pretty solid so that has something to do with UNI's OL looking way overrated.

Day is slippery and big. More than once he pulled away from weak arm tackles......Bison needed to wrap him up. He is a pretty decent QB. Good arm and accurate. He overthrew a couple of passes where the Bison DB was burned and could have been big gainers or TDs.

UNI always has a ton of talent, probably more than NDSU most years but NDSU plays better fundamental football and is more disciplined. UNI can beat anyone they have left on their schedule. They will give SDSU and SIU fits and will not surprise me if they win both of those games.

POD Knows
October 10th, 2021, 10:49 AM
NDSU's DL is pretty solid so that has something to do with UNI's OL looking way overrated.

Day is slippery and big. More than once he pulled away from weak arm tackles......Bison needed to wrap him up. He is a pretty decent QB. Good arm and accurate. He overthrew a couple of passes where the Bison DB was burned and could have been big gainers or TDs.

UNI always has a ton of talent, probably more than NDSU most years but NDSU plays better fundamental football and is more disciplined. UNI can beat anyone they have left on their schedule. They will give SDSU and SIU fits and will not surprise me if they win both of those games.
I agree. They are a good football team and that game with NDSU never felt safe even when it was a 17 point lead. Their QB is a lot more mobile than I thought he would be. Big guy with a good arm. Honestly when I look back on the game the least impressive part of the UNI team was their secondary. We had receivers wide open all day.

dewey
October 11th, 2021, 05:50 PM
I am listening to Matt Entz Monday afternoon Press conference and one of the questions was about the helmet to helmet hit.

Matt Entz said that the conference stated that the officials that day got it wrong. Nothing further.

Nothing surprising to any of us watching the game. That one seemed obvious.

Dewey

dewey
October 11th, 2021, 10:02 PM
Here is an article from the Farg Forum that discusses that play and review from a non-MVFC official.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7233665-McFeely-Bison-receiver-Watson-was-victim-of-targeting-in-stunning-error-by-replay-official

I am not trying to imply that Sapp is a dirty player or anything about UNI just that the MBFC officials and review person missed a really obvious call.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 12th, 2021, 09:43 AM

You gonna admit you were wrong about this helmet to helmet deal or are you gonna continue to play the whiny bitch on this subject. Just wondering

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2021, 10:21 AM
You gonna admit you were wrong about this helmet to helmet deal or are you gonna continue to play the whiny bitch on this subject. Just wondering

Everybody knows the Bison get more calls than Blondie.... Call Me! Lol

POD Knows
October 12th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Yea. I am sure that is it. The true secret to their success. 😂

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2021, 10:33 AM
Yea. I am sure that is it. The true secret to their success. 

I included the name of the song on that post as the older we get, the more people don’t get those song references

JFC that was 40 years ago

BisonFan02
October 13th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Add Sapp to the list of dirty players under Farley's UNI...dirty program that becomes less and less relevant every year. :D

Preferred Walk-On
October 13th, 2021, 04:29 PM

Wouldn’t “Call Me” imply that the Bison have more calls on them, and by extension, more calls go against them? I guess you are becoming a true Bison fan then. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2021, 05:38 PM
Wouldn’t “Call Me” imply that the Bison have more calls on them, and by extension, more calls go against them? I guess you are becoming a true Bison fan then. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the upmost respect for the Bison but always fun to try and stir you guys up

dewey
October 13th, 2021, 08:01 PM
Add Sapp to the list of dirty players under Farley's UNI...dirty program that becomes less and less relevant every year. :D

Does UNI have a garage door list of dirty playersxlolx

I kid, I kid.....

Dewey

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2021, 07:46 AM

I'm so sorry..........

Uncle Albert

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2021, 07:52 AM
I'm so sorry..........

Uncle Albert

its

We’re so sorry

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2021, 08:43 AM
its

We’re so sorry

I'm not sorry for everyone else, but I did expect that response.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2021, 06:58 PM
I'm not sorry for everyone else, but I did expect that response.

We’re so sorry uncle Albert....

The rain storm with thunder claps on that song is vividly outstanding if you’re listening to it on the right sound system

put it on your bucket list Gil

acbearkat
October 14th, 2021, 07:08 PM
I came away from watching the replay of the game impressed by Theo Day. Yes, he didn't have the greatest game, but he could be on the NFL's radar in a couple of years. He big, tall, has a big arm, and has some mobility. He's not the most athletic player, but he was mobile enough to avoid several sacks. I also didn't realize UNI's offensive coordinator was Shawn Watson, who was fired by Charlie Strong at Texas after year 2.

Gil Dobie
October 15th, 2021, 07:55 AM
We’re so sorry uncle Albert....

The rain storm with thunder claps on that song is vividly outstanding if you’re listening to it on the right sound system

put it on your bucket list Gil

One of my favorite McCartney songs.

WeAreThePride
October 15th, 2021, 08:22 AM

Late shots by NDSU too. Yet UNI was the only team flagged for it
If that spearing wasn't targeting, then there is no targeting in the game of football.

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2021, 09:31 AM
If that spearing wasn't targeting, then there is no targeting in the game of football.
There was a pretty lengthy discussion about this on Bisonville with a poster who is a college football official.

The key to interpreting the rule is whether Watson was considered a "defenseless player" anymore which he was not. If that's the case the only way targeting can occur is if the defender "takes aim at an opponent for the purposes of attacking with forcible contact with the crown of the helmet". The "crown of the helmet" part is key because (apparently) there's some ambiguity in what the crown is. Some officials seem to consider anything above the facemask to be the crown and others consider anything above the forehead to be the crown. I can only assume that the replay official deemed that Sapp hit Watson with the forehead of his helmet rather than the crown therefore, with Watson not being considered a defenseless player, all factors of targeting were not present.

All this proves to me is that the targeting rule is broken. First, if they're trying to eliminate dangerous hits to the head and a hit like this where the defender launches at the opponent leading with the head isn't considered targeting it's not consistent at all the intent of the rule. Second, there's way too much gray area on what is considered the crown of the helmet for a call that has an automatic ejection riding on it (including sometimes missing the first half of a player's next game).

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2021, 11:17 AM
.....VALLEY LADS.......KNOW HOW TA DISSECT UH GAME........IT'S FRIDAY........AN' IT MIGHT BE TIME.....TA FOCUS.......ON ISU (RED)......THINGS MAY NOT BE NORMAL....IN NORMAL...xeekx..AWK!

......C'MON 'GUINS..........UH WEEK'S WORFF........UH YOUNGSTOWN MISERY......EVERAH WEEK...........BRAWK!

Winterborn
October 15th, 2021, 02:22 PM
Nope he lowered his head and hit him with the crown of his helmet. It looked text book. Watch the replay

I was wrong. :D

POD Knows
October 15th, 2021, 03:32 PM
I was wrong. :D
Yea. The “stands” are never the best angle on these. I miss calls all the time from the goal line on the SE side of the dome