PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 6, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
October 4th, 2021, 12:20 PM
Lots of great games this weekend. Left a few potentially intriguing matchups off the list, due to the nine game poll limit, but feel free to vote “Other” and tell us why.

#7 Southern Illinois @ #1 South Dakota State

#14 Villanova @ #3 James Madison

#10 Northern Iowa @ #4 North Dakota State

#11 Delaware @ #19 Rhode Island

#12 North Dakota @ #23 South Dakota

The Citadel @ #15 East Tennessee State

#16 Southeastern Louisiana @ #25 Nicholls

#22 Princeton (Ivy) @ #30 Monmouth (Big South)

#36 Murray State @ #24 Tennessee-Martin

Daytripper
October 4th, 2021, 12:21 PM
Wish you would have added a poll.

Daytripper
October 4th, 2021, 12:22 PM
I will take Delaware @ Rhode Island -- This game should tell us a lot about both teams.

Preferred Walk-On
October 4th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Wish you would have added a poll.

Just in case people don't know how polls get posted, one has to add a thread, THEN go and fill out the options for a poll. Therefore, there is always a minute-or-three delay from when the thread shows up to when the poll shows up. Patience, my friend. ;)

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Easy pick for me with SIU and SDSU. Rematch of an exciting spring quarterfinal in Brookings where SIU felt they should've won. SDSU still has the majority of their glitzy #1 ranking riding on that Colorado St win. Both teams have plenty to prove still despite both being ranked very highly.

Chalupa Batman
October 4th, 2021, 12:37 PM
SIU/SDSU is the Missouri Valley Football Conference championship game.

But I voted for UND/USD because it's almost a must win for both teams' at large playoff hopes.

dewey
October 4th, 2021, 12:40 PM
Easy pick for me with SIU and SDSU. Rematch of an exciting spring quarterfinal in Brookings where SIU felt they should've won. SDSU still has the majority of their glitzy #1 ranking riding on that Colorado St win. Both teams have plenty to prove still despite both being ranked very highly.

Completely agreed! The other game for me is #4 NDSU hosting #10 UNI.

Dewey

Preferred Walk-On
October 4th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Went with the homer pick, because I want to know where the Bison stand with a team that I think has a legitimate shot to compete for the MVFC title. I did not feel that way about UND (sorry Hawks fans), but I also feel like the Bison season could slip away quickly without a good showing this weekend.

POD Knows
October 4th, 2021, 12:50 PM
Went with SIU v SDSU. The UNI v NDSU game won’t be close. Skeletor gets a win at the Fargo Dome #BOOKIT X 1000

SpreadTheWord
October 4th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Damn, what a great lineup of games this week! I'm going with Southern Illinois at South Dakota State, with Northern Iowa at North Dakota State a very close second.

Katfan
October 4th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Great games but I went withJMU v Villanova

MSUBobcat
October 4th, 2021, 01:41 PM

Same reason for me. That CSU win is not holding up well, losing to Vanderbilt the next week. Vanderbilt nearly lost to UCONN at home this weekend. Add in blowouts against D-II Lindenwood, ISU-b and transitioning Dixie State and it's hard to know how good SDSU truly is. This will add some quality data points to both.

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2021, 01:44 PM
East Coast bias says Nova at JMU.

atthewbon
October 4th, 2021, 02:12 PM
I'm obviously biased but I went with SIU vs SDSU. First game the jacks will play against a top fcs team so it'll be interesting to see how they do, plus its a rematch of that close quarterfinal game in the spring. While JMU v Villanova and NDSU vs UNI are also huge games I think the Rhode Island v Delaware game is a sneaky pivotal game as both teams have a lot of question marks and the game could wind up having huge playoff implications. Overall this is a huge week in the fcs.

Hammerhead
October 4th, 2021, 02:16 PM
I picked SIU vs SDSU because they are the highest-ranked teams and will be a good measuring stick for how tough the MVFC will be this season.

MR. CHICKEN
October 4th, 2021, 08:17 PM
....AH JES' HOPE...SOME O' THEM....ARE ON ESPN3........BRAWK!

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2021, 07:00 PM
This GOTW lived up to the hype.