PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference Week #6 Pick 'em (with poll)

McCowboys
October 4th, 2021, 07:23 AM
Southland Conference Week #6 Pick 'em

No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners.

Only two games on tap this week. There is a poll (scroll up) to make choosing your winners easier. Home teams are on the bottom.

Rivals Southeastern Louisiana and Nicholls hook up in a very important tilt in Thibodaux at high noon. This could be a game of two ranked teams, depending on the rankings which come out today. Question: Will they play for the River Bell Trophy twice this year?

The other SLC contest pits the only two winless SLC teams Northwestern State and Houston Baptist at 6 PM in Houston. NSU seems to be putting it together and gave UIW a tougher contest than expected. One of these teams will get a taste of victory this weekend, while the other will experience the agony of defeat, again.

Incarnate Word and McNeese take this week off. UIW should handle Open Week U handily. McNeese might take care of OWU if they can ever learn how to play in the first half of a game.

SpreadTheWord
October 4th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Nicholls
Northwestern State

Daytripper
October 4th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Bear, is NWST and HBU going to tie? You picked both to win.

McCowboys
October 4th, 2021, 11:45 AM
Bear, is NWST and HBU going to tie? You picked both to win.

I am worried about Bear. Maybe he needs glasses? Last week he picked all the losers. ?

BEAR
October 4th, 2021, 11:51 AM
I am worried about Bear. Maybe he needs glasses? Last week he picked all the losers. ?

Just having a little fun. It's what happens when your team isn't playing up to it's potential. xlolx

McCowboys
October 4th, 2021, 11:54 AM
Just having a little fun. It's what happens when your team isn't playing up to it's potential. xlolx

Tell me about it, but this McNeese fan is still trying to hold it together. Buck up, Buddy!

lionsrking2
October 4th, 2021, 01:02 PM
Lions
Demons

My understanding is only the second game in Hammond will be for the Victory Bell. Of course, anytime the Lions and Colonels hook up in anything, it's the for the Bell, if only in spirit.

SpreadTheWord
October 4th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Lions
Demons

My understanding is only the second game in Hammond will be for the Victory Bell. Of course, anytime the Lions and Colonels hook up in anything, it's the for the Bell, if only in spirit.

I'm guessing that's because the River Bell game was in Thibodeaux in the spring?

lionsrking2
October 4th, 2021, 02:03 PM
I'm guessing that's because the River Bell game was in Thibodeaux in the spring?

Correct

McCowboys
October 5th, 2021, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see HBU pull out a win against Northwestern State.
Massey Ratings pretty much has this as a toss-up. Sagarin has Northwestern 5 points higher, but add in home field for HBU and that shrinks.
Looking ahead at HBU's schedule, the Demons and McNeese may be the only chance for the Huskies to garner a win for the entire season.
I think the Huskies are going to be pretty fired up for this game. Will they have the talent and put things together?

I had to check this twice, make that three times, but Massey Ratings gives Nicholls a slight edge in this Saturday's contest against SLU: https://masseyratings.com/cf2021/5455

Hood
October 8th, 2021, 02:58 AM
Probably will be a good indicator for who's going to represent the conference in December.

McCowboys
October 8th, 2021, 07:49 AM
Probably will be a good indicator for who's going to represent the conference in December.

Hood!!! Where have you been? You were our token Colonel, but disappeared. I think there may be another Colonel fan who has popped up recently, too.