<insert generic bird logo> sucks

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 02:13 PM
The NDSU offense is way out of sync.

HUGE throw from QP to Gindorf.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:15 PM
No ****ing clue how to handle crowd noise by NDSU.

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 02:17 PM
Anybody there? Fan splits?

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 02:18 PM
No ****ing clue how to handle crowd noise by NDSU.

Pretty surprising that NDSU wasn't ready for that.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:25 PM
JFC. second timeout already because of crowd noise. Worst coached team in the D1 era. That throw in the end zone on 2nd and 5 was a joke.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:27 PM
The ****ty UND D line dominating the game.

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 02:28 PM
JFC. second timeout already because of crowd noise. Worst coached team in the D1 era. That throw in the end zone on 2nd and 5 was a joke.

Agree on the noise. We’ve been watching offenses play that for years. Silent snap. Should have been ready for that.

The end zone throw was I think more of a Quincy decision than a coaches decision. He had all day to throw.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 02:30 PM
Agree on the noise. We’ve been watching offenses play that for years. Silent snap. Should have been ready for that.

The end zone throw was I think more of a Quincy decision than a coaches decision. He had all day to throw.

The offensive line is doing a pretty good job of pass protection. Seem slike NDSU should do a play action as UND is crashing on the run.

QP to Watson.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:31 PM

The end zone throw was I think more of a Quincy decision than a coaches decision. He had all day to throw.no clue what to do with crowd noise. Watch the O line. Nobody is coming off the ball at the same time. Every snap looks like a train wreck.

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 02:36 PM
Apparently you can roll on the ground to get a first down.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:37 PM
Apparently you can roll on the ground to get a first down.that was a terrible spot. But why are out DB’s playing so ****ing soft. Seven to 10’yards of cushion on very play.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:41 PM
Literally. The worst coached team in Bison history. Nobody on D ready for that

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 02:42 PM
The Siouxage with a good schemed play.

7-3 Siouxage leading.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:42 PM
Also. The WR that scored that TD wasn’t good enough to play for NDSU

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 02:45 PM
Blatant face mask on the return.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:46 PM
JFC. ****ty first quarter. Oline getting bitch slapped. 7 to 3 UND.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 02:47 PM
Good play call by Roehl to catch the Siouxage on the TE screen.
That school bringing DB's and OLB's to stop the run. Just a matter of time before NDSU burns them on their blitzing.

Go Bison!

Dewey

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 02:49 PM
According to Wday it’s 7-2 us.

We suck. The refs suck. The tv sucks.

[emoji2955]

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 02:50 PM
Why was Cam Miller lined up at RB on that last play?

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:54 PM
OMFG. Wtf was that play with Miller in the backfield. JFC. Another ****ing field goal. More Spring football carry over.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 02:57 PM
Good 3 and out forced by the NDSU D.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 02:58 PM
Good 3 and out forced by the NDSU D.

DeweyHuge. Needed that

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 02:59 PM
I wish I could figure out how to match the Bison 1660 radio feed up with the TV broadcast.

Listening to the Siouxage announcers sucks.

Dewey

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:01 PM
I like Gindorf getting more action to him. 4 catches already.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 03:02 PM
Second and two and take a ****ing sack.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 03:02 PM
Worst coached team in NDSU. Prove me wrong.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 03:03 PM
JFC.

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2021, 03:04 PM
Golden Buffalo's stole the flightless birds playbook...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:07 PM
Hell yeah! James Kaczor with a huge sack!

NDSU averts disaster as an NDSU player is blocked into the punt returner.

Dewey

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:10 PM
Got to do a ay action off that run and take a shot with Watson.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 03:15 PM
Un****ing believable. This is the worst offensive half I have seen since, well, last ****ing spring.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:15 PM
The Bison are winning the field position battle with some great punts by Steindorf.

Dewey

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:16 PM
Un****ing believable. This is the worst offensive half I have seen since, well, last ****ing spring.

It is like Roehl is afraid to throw on 3rd down. Give QP the chance to make a big throw on 3rd down.

Dewey

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2021, 03:21 PM
Un****ing believable. This is the worst offensive half I have seen since, well, last ****ing spring.Last Saturday.. [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 03:22 PM
UND is trying to run the clock out and NDSU can’t stop them. Unreal.

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 03:29 PM
Punter is player of the half.

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 03:31 PM
Btw 7-6 UND half - for the casual followers.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:31 PM
Punter is player of the half.

Absolutely! Roehl needs to give QP more freedom to throw the ball on 3rd down.

Take a shot with Watson.

Dewey

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 03:33 PM
How did Wday outbid KVLY….

Just play commercials on first downs…

https://media4.giphy.com/media/d3mlE7uhX8KFgEmY/giphy.gif

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 03:38 PM
How did Wday outbid KVLY….

Just play commercials on first downs…

https://media4.giphy.com/media/d3mlE7uhX8KFgEmY/giphy.gif
Yea. They miss a play out of every commercial.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:41 PM
NDSU 1 for 7 on 3rd down. That is the stat of the game so far.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 03:44 PM
NDSU 1 for 7 on 3rd down. That is the stat of the game so far.

Dewey
Well when you are third and long and run a running play that **** will happen

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:46 PM

Absolutely agreed! After that 3dd and long beautiful throw to Gindorf I was hopeful that Roehl would open up the playroom a little bit.

Dewey

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:52 PM
Big drop on the slant from QP to Kobe Johnson.

Dang it.

Dewey

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 03:54 PM

Run the damn ball.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/w89ak63KNl0nJl80ig/giphy.gif

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 03:56 PM
3rd down and 3 and NDSU can't convert....again.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 03:56 PM
****. **** Another ****ty third down call. JFC.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:00 PM
Another 3 and out for the Biosn defense.

Come on offense!

Dewey

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:01 PM
Going for it on 4th and 1 from your own 20? Absolutely stupid call.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 04:02 PM
Big stop.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 04:02 PM
We cannot do anything on the ground. Jesus

Hambone
October 2nd, 2021, 04:03 PM
That was dumb.

BisonTru
https://media4.giphy.com/media/YVPwi7L2izTJS/giphy.gif

POD Knows
God ****ing damn. Do something.

dewey
We cannot do anything on the ground. Jesus

No kidding. How about a play action pass on 1st down, right?

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 04:05 PM
That was dumb.
Why. Do you think the Bison will take advantage of this. What game are you watching.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:06 PM
God freaking dam it. Can we do something other than a QB run on 3rd down?

How about I formation play action roll out?

Field goal is good.

NDSU 9
GFCC 7

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 04:08 PM
Field goals won’t beat you. **** you Entz. You just lost the game there buddy.

Hambone
October 2nd, 2021, 04:08 PM
Why. Do you think the Bison will take advantage of this. What game are you watching.

The one that both defenses are playing well and you don’t give them FG position when you’re up by one 😉

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:09 PM
Field goals won’t beat you. **** you Entz. You just lost the game there buddy.

Stupid freaking play calling by NDSU. GFCC can see what play is coming from the shotgun.

Hopefully Roehl can have a play action off the shotgun read option.

Dewey

POD Knows
Oh and for all you ****ers dumping on KVLY. How is this working out for you. WDAY is dog****. Always was. Always will be

Hambone
God freaking dam it. Can we do something other than a QB run on 3rd down?

How about I formation play action roll out?

Field goal is good.

NDSU 9
GFCC 7

Dewey

Setting them up for the fourth quarter? Don’t think UND has the offensive juice here. Not really moving the ball.

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 04:10 PM

That was dumb. They just gifted us 3 points.

It’s going to be hard to say we were out coached despite our own poor coaching.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 04:13 PM

They are being us with far less talent.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:13 PM

Agreed. That 4th down gifted NDSU 3 points.

Dumb call.

Dewey

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:16 PM
Huge pick by Dawson Weber. Terrible throw.

Dewey

Hambone
October 2nd, 2021, 04:17 PM
Huge pick by Dawson Weber. Terrible throw.

Dewey

He doesn’t make many dumb choices but that was bad. Take the sack and kick the FG

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 04:17 PM
Wow what a bad throw. Brutal.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:18 PM
He doesn’t make many dumb choices but that was bad. Take the sack and kick the FG

He has looked very solid today other than that throw.

Dewey

Hambone
October 2nd, 2021, 04:23 PM
I’m gonna guess ndsu wears UND down and gets a couple TDS here in the fourth for the final

- - - Updated - - -

He has looked very solid today other than that throw.

Dewey

Normally is. Typically a good game manager that makes good choices.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:24 PM
Again NDSU can't convert on 3rd down.

Ugh.

QP 4 of 9 for 49 yards.

Dewey

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 04:24 PM
They are being us with far less talent.

Yeah but they have a weight room and were really pissed.

Hammersmith
October 2nd, 2021, 04:25 PM
I wish I could figure out how to match the Bison 1660 radio feed up with the TV broadcast.

Listening to the Siouxage announcers sucks.

Dewey

Too late to help you much today, but use TuneIn on your cellphone for your audio. It works as long as the radio is ahead of the TV. TuneIn allows you to pause the radio stream until it synchs with the TV.

If your TV is ahead of the radio stream(like if you're watching WDAY through an antenna), then consider switching to ESPN+ for the video. Streamed video usually has the greatest lag.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 04:25 PM
Patterson sucks. Legitimate QB issues at NDSU again. Any decent offensive performance and this game is over

Hambone
October 2nd, 2021, 04:33 PM
This could go two ways starting inside the one for ndsu.

Safety for UND

Or

Big gain because UND is too damn excited for a safety.

I guess the third would be a Patterson sneak to about the three and go from there.😉

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:38 PM
Patterson sucks. Legitimate QB issues at NDSU again. Any decent offensive performance and this game is over

NDSU has been AWFUL on 3rd down. Bad play calling, dropped passes and bad throws.

Dewey

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 04:38 PM
Did Watson sleep with Quincys girl?

Wide open for the first…

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 04:40 PM
Schuster is not a strong blocker. [emoji1787]

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:42 PM
Did Watson sleep with Quincys girl?

Wide open for the first…

Right? 2 throws to him and both throws were not good.

Dewey

Hambone
October 2nd, 2021, 04:48 PM
Well let’s see how much time comes off before they score

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 04:51 PM
Huge drive by NDSU to (what should be) end the game.

16-7 NDSU

Dewey

Hambone
October 2nd, 2021, 05:00 PM
UND with a FG as they decide to get points and go for the onside

- - - Updated - - -

:16 left

Hambone
October 2nd, 2021, 05:01 PM
And that’s it. 16-10 final.

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 05:02 PM
NDSU recovers the onside kick.

Ball game!

NDSU 16
GFC 10

Dewey

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 05:05 PM
Thanks Bubba. [emoji3060]

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ycagKBYEmaili/giphy.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2021, 05:45 PM
From what I saw it looked like some poor tackling cost UND their shot at this one. I listened to most of it but actually watched a few spots here and there and in particular the last quarter.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 05:53 PM
****ty empty win by NDSU. D played great. Major ****ing problems on offense and we have had them for a while now. Average QB play by NDSU isn’t going to bale out this crappy offensive game plan. Oh well. A W is a W I guess

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 06:02 PM
From what I saw it looked like some poor tackling cost UND their shot at this one. I listened to most of it but actually watched a few spots here and there and in particular the last quarter.

That last drive, yeah, a bit of bad tackling, but UND's defense overall was pretty good. It's tough to win football games when your offense scores 10 points and leaves your defense with a sort field twice on failed fourth downs. The one damn near in the redzone.

Both offenses failed to get into a rhythm and do much of anything. Either team wins if they could have got going offensively. Neither did, but someone had to win.

Bisonator
October 2nd, 2021, 06:03 PM
Our offensive game plan and play calling are so awful. Roehl is way to conservative, it's like he only has 5-6 plays on game day and he's completely hooked on the QB run game. We threw 10 passes all game! It's run up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and than try to convert on 3rd and long. Oh and he tries to run on most of those too! He needs to be replaced before next season, our offense has been pretty much garbage under his coordinating. He was bailed out with Lance in 2019 but his offense is exposed without a stud QB and he doesn't put them in positions to succeed.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 06:13 PM
Our offensive game plan and play calling are so awful. Roehl is way to conservative, it's like he only has 5-6 plays on game day and he's completely hooked on the QB run game. We threw 10 passes all game! It's run up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and than try to convert on 3rd and long. Oh and he tries to run on most of those too! He needs to be replaced before next season, our offense has been pretty much garbage under his coordinating. He was bailed out with Lance in 2019 but his offense is exposed without a stud QB and he doesn't put them in positions to succeed.
Agree but you left out the QB sack with 2nd and 2 in UND territory. What? Did we have one reception by a WR today. ****ing UND that good in the secondary. I don’t think so. We played garbage teams in the first three games and got exposed again today on offense. We have no real ability to perform against a good D and we probably have talent than anyone in the MVFC on offense, except at the QB position.

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 06:23 PM
This may be tough for the Bison fanbase, but finding NFL caliber quarterbacks like we had for practically a decade was incredibly lucky and is not sustainable.

Also, Roehl is a decent OC imo. He has a dual threat QB who is quite difficult to bring down. A poorman's Cam Newton. We're going to be run first and often.

http://media4.giphy.com/media/l3vR1RKWOfO3oGHTO/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tjxuk9zorq2xqb116oavv6atlh99 24wpr6ajbp7t&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 06:24 PM
This may be tough for the Bison fanbase, but finding NFL caliber quarterbacks like we had for practically a decade was incredibly lucky and is not sustainable.

Also, Roehl is a decent OC imo. He has a dual threat QB who is quite difficult to bring down. A poorman's Cam Newton. We're going to be run first and often.

http://media4.giphy.com/media/l3vR1RKWOfO3oGHTO/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tjxuk9zorq2xqb116oavv6atlh99 24wpr6ajbp7t&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
No he is not and no he isn’t. Zero offensive imagination. I don’t think your post is going to age well.

Prime Power
October 2nd, 2021, 06:31 PM
No he is not and no he isn’t. Zero offensive imagination. I don’t think your post is going to age well.

Yep, I didn't see any "dual" threat, in fact all I saw was a QB that can run North and South with a huge gaping hole and pick up 7 because he is slow. Absolutely no throwing threat. Hell the best pass of the game was by UND and the second best was by Miller....

BisonTru
October 2nd, 2021, 06:37 PM

I also remember when NDSU fans thought we were too cute with Carson Wentz. "Run the damn ball." NDSU fans will forever be critical of the OC.

We are NOT going to have NFL calibur QB play forever, and you won't see me get too excited about the offensive coordinator until we start abandoning the pro-style, power, run the ball first, offense which has been a staple thru this entire run since going D1.

Now, we fire Roehl and bring in some uptempo passing offense, I'll lose my damn mind.

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2021, 07:21 PM

My main issue with Roehl is he doesn't do his QB any favors by giving him a chance to get into a rhythm with short easy throws. It's been the same story in 2019 for the SDSU, ISUr playoffs, and JMU even when he had Trey Lance. It's like he goes into a shell and is afraid to do anything but run the ball on the early downs when a play action fake could give his QB some easy throws. He waits until more obvious passing situations to let the QB throw when the defense is in a far better position to defend against it. UND had to be blitzing 75% of the time today and they thre zero RB screens. They through one screen to Gindorff and he was wide open.

geaux_sioux
October 2nd, 2021, 07:57 PM

Dual threat as in he can run left or right?

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 08:07 PM
Dual threat as in he can run left or right?

Dang it. Did you find Roehl's playbook?

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 2nd, 2021, 08:18 PM
Was up in GF for this game.

Both defenses came to play and it showed. UND brought a lot of pressure and in obvious run situations they brought run blitzes. Roehl needs to adjust to game situations. Luepke/Williams should have been the backs getting the ball most of the game. These little pee/wee RBs are not between the tackles runners and should be used for a change of pace once in awhile. UND was determined to stop the run and did a decent job until the last drive.

Passing game needs to come alive. The anemic passing game will not win the Valley. UNI is going to stack the box....I would.

Ugly win but a win is a win I guess. Fun atmosphere for an away game!

semobison
October 2nd, 2021, 08:32 PM
Our only catch by a WR all day was by Sproles on the onside kick! Yep, not going to win the Valley with this passing game.

geaux_sioux
October 2nd, 2021, 08:36 PM
Our only catch by a WR all day was by Sproles on the onside kick! Yep, not going to win the Valley with this passing game.

Yea, what exactly does Sprites do around there? Dance and podcast?

dewey
October 2nd, 2021, 08:43 PM
Here are my complaints with Roehl's offense.
1. Only 2 touches for Watson? No deep shot? No jet sweep? How about a bubble screen with the 2 TE's out there? Heck how about a play action fake out of the shotgun and have Watson come behind the linebackers?
2. Where was the I formation outside run? Then the play action rollout the opposite way?
3. How about the wheel route to the RB?
4. Middle screen or bubble screen when you knew UND was going to blitz on 1st and 2nd down.
5. I formation with an additional TE motioning back and then blocking down and kicking out with those FB's and TE's? Then ay action off of that?
6. The slant to Kobe Johnson was there but he dropped it.
7. How about shotgun fake to the RB and then slide a TE or WR behind the LB's?

The passing game struggled but I think it was a combination of problems (Gindorf dropped one, QP had 3 bad throws with 1 on a rollout and 2 to Watson).

How about something other than run on 1st and 2nd down? How about a play action to break tendencies?

Just seems like Roehl opens the olaybook up early but then shuts down as the game goes on as if he is afraid there will be a mistake.

The NDSU defense is SALTY!

Dewey

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 09:38 PM
Yea, what exactly does Sprites do around there? Dance and podcast?
Yep. He is completely useless. He is a legend in his own mind. Not kidding. He is the Kardashian of the MVFC

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2021, 09:40 PM
Yep. He is completely useless. He is a legend in his own mind. Not kidding. He is the Kardashian of the MVFC
Now. To add on to this. He would probably have 60 catches at EWU

Gil Dobie
October 2nd, 2021, 09:51 PM
I see Patterson improving as the season goes on. The QB Genius on the coaching staff is adding plays each week. We also didn't see much of Luepke until that final TD Drive. Last season, in a similar situation, early road game, SIU blew our doors off.

F'N Hawks
October 2nd, 2021, 10:23 PM
That was a fun loud atmosphere. Game could've gone either way but the experienced, more talented team won out. Good to see NDSU back in the Alerus!

Bisonoline
October 3rd, 2021, 12:53 AM

Our #1 receiver never got a touch today. No quick pitch. No off tackle. No play action passes. Which is unbelievable considering UND stacked the box all game.

Absolutely terrible play calling.

geaux_sioux
October 3rd, 2021, 01:39 AM
Our #1 receiver never got a touch today. No quick pitch. No off tackle. No play action passes. Which is unbelievable considering UND stacked the box all game.

Watson was blanketed when they looked his way.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2021, 06:13 AM

TR does not adjust well for different situations that come up in games. Luepke/Williams should have been the backs to run the ball today. TR uses these pee/wee RBs way to much for the power run game. But PL, you're spot on about the play calling.

Play action should be used more with teams stacking the box. Every team is going to do it. Passing game needs to be effective if this team is going to make a run.

Professor Chaos
October 3rd, 2021, 08:24 AM
TR does not adjust well for different situations that come up in games. Luepke/Williams should have been the backs to run the ball today. TR uses these pee/wee RBs way to much for the power run game. But PL, you're spot on about the play calling.

Play action should be used more with teams stacking the box. Every team is going to do it. Passing game needs to be effective if this team is going to make a run.
Exactly... they can't blanket Watson and sell out against the run unless the offense is predictable which this NDSU offense totally is. I realize Roehl is a young coach so I was hoping to see improvement from him in this area but it seems like he's falling into the same tendencies he did in 2019 and he doesn't have Trey Lance bailing him out anymore.

Without some significant philosophical changes in how the offense diversifies itself on the early downs they'll get eaten up by UNI's defense, who is much better suited to stop the run than UND is, next week.

MR. CHICKEN
October 3rd, 2021, 08:59 AM
The ****ty UND D line dominating the game.

.....OXY-MORON.............BRAWK!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2021, 09:03 AM
Exactly... they can't blanket Watson and sell out against the run unless the offense is predictable which this NDSU offense totally is. I realize Roehl is a young coach so I was hoping to see improvement from him in this area but it seems like he's falling into the same tendencies he did in 2019 and he doesn't have Trey Lance bailing him out anymore.

Without some significant philosophical changes in how the offense diversifies itself on the early downs they'll get eaten up by UNI's defense, who is much better suited to stop the run than UND is, next week.

What was frustrating yesterday is TR kept calling the stretch run plays to the edge but it was stopped consistently by UND's 3-4 defense. The outside LBs are already on the outside shoulder of the TEs and the ILBs filled the gaps and did a good job of bottling up that play. Big back Luepke did a great job of running along with the I formation with a FB lead blocking. I hate all of this read option crap they use for the running game and rarely use the FB anymore....:(

I thought they would have at least thrown deep to Watson a couple of times to keep the defense somewhat honest but nothing.

UNI is at home so the offense will not have any issues with getting the plays or audibles heard. UNI always plays the Bison tough and they will again next saturday. Plus UNI doesn't run a 3-4 so the 4-3 scheme will probably be easier to match up against. UND brings a lot of pressure from different angles in their 3-4 scheme.

I think QP will be fine as the QB, just needs to get more reps and TR call a better game and not be so predictable.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2021, 09:09 AM

This We knew what they were going to do and had no answers. UND is not a good defensive team but we made them look good.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2021, 09:12 AM
Watson was blanketed when they looked his way.
OK do the math. Watson was blanketed. With who. And with 8 guys in the box how many other receiving options does that leave NDSU? Plenty and none of it was utilized. Had a few throws to the TE’s but nothing else. It was pathetic and that is being generous.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2021, 09:14 AM
Yea. Oxymorons like that happen, it was created by predictable play calling.

TennBison
October 3rd, 2021, 09:51 AM
OK do the math. Watson was blanketed. With who. And with 8 guys in the box how many other receiving options does that leave NDSU? Plenty and none of it was utilized. Had a few throws to the TE’s but nothing else. It was pathetic and that is being generous.
5 complete passes, 4 to Gindorff, and 1 to someone else for -1 yards. Pretty pathetic to say the least.

AmsterBison
October 3rd, 2021, 10:04 AM
"poor tackling" or "physically outmatched?

https://youtu.be/hIduDYyJCGI?t=246

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 3rd, 2021, 10:27 AM
5 complete passes, 4 to Gindorff, and 1 to someone else for -1 yards. Pretty pathetic to say the least.

No question that the passing game needs to improve!

TheKingpin28
October 3rd, 2021, 11:58 AM
That was a game. The fact that Roehl is still the OC is baffling. He has clearly regressed and when he keeps trying to do the useless RPO and run a small back against a stacked box shows he isnt even worthy of OCing a D3 team. The fact that Trey, Radunz, Ellefson, etc... were able to cover up how bad of an OC he is, speaks to their talent/ability.

Bubba deserves a massive extension for his play calling. Still, should have been a false start on UND on that touchdown. Cant have two players in movement during the snap of the ball. Took a ****ing trick play to get in the endzone.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TribeNomad1
October 3rd, 2021, 12:03 PM

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.00cdf0fa739bedceccaf53d031deb3c0?rik=3Np46Em%2f1 60mPg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.kappit.com%2fimg%2fpics%2f265 68645ecdih_sm.jpg&ehk=I73ZkfvBN2gJe45r6lKTnqlfkJGX510GF3JF%2bWJU8js% 3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Another "oxy" (cream) "moron"?

geaux_sioux
October 3rd, 2021, 12:43 PM

Math? As in the defense will probably have more guys in the box if the opposing offense only trots out jumbo packages?

geaux_sioux
October 3rd, 2021, 12:45 PM
"poor tackling" or "physically outmatched?

https://youtu.be/hIduDYyJCGI?t=246

Two plays does not a sample size make.

AmsterBison
October 3rd, 2021, 06:55 PM
Two plays does not a sample size make.

I'm trying to remember the last time an NDSU DT got pushed back 21 yards off the line of scrimmage... not to mention that it was an underclassman center in his second game* doing the pushing.

* His only other game was in mop up time against EWU.

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2021, 08:40 PM
I'm trying to remember the last time an NDSU DT got pushed back 21 yards off the line of scrimmage... not to mention that it was an underclassman center in his second game* doing the pushing.

* His only other game was in mop up time against EWU.

This wasn't the game to claim how powerful you are up front. Your OL got their ass kicked ALOT by much smaller guys all night.

POD Knows
October 3rd, 2021, 08:51 PM
This wasn't the game to claim how powerful you are up front. Your OL got their ass kicked ALOT by much smaller guys all night.
Yep. And UND had safeties coming in untouched and making TFL. NDSU was completely out schemed on the offensive side of the ball.

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2021, 08:59 PM
Yep. And UND had safeties coming in untouched and making TFL. NDSU was completely out schemed on the offensive side of the ball.

The only chance UND had was to load it up, but to be fair, if NDSU is going to have two tight ends in the game at damn near all times it pretty much calls for it.

dewey
October 4th, 2021, 09:27 AM

I think I recall hearing in the 2nd half that NDSU had brought in 3 WR's to spread GFCC out and then run the ball more effectively.

Dewey

geaux_sioux
October 4th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Speaking of TFL, beautiful form tackle by your RG on our LDE to prevent a safety after our guy ripped past him at the snap. Obviously didn’t called for the hold but great tackle, textbook form.

POD Knows
October 4th, 2021, 10:05 AM
Speaking of TFL, beautiful form tackle by your RG on our LDE to prevent a safety after our guy ripped past him at the snap. Obviously didn’t called for the hold but great tackle, textbook form.
Whiner. Linemen freaking hold all the time. What else is new.

geaux_sioux
October 4th, 2021, 10:08 AM
Whiner. Linemen freaking hold all the time. What else is new.

Holding on every play of course. Wrap up tackles from behind to avoid a tfl no.

Daytripper
October 4th, 2021, 10:17 AM

Seems like nobody calls offensive holding in college any more. I don't think there was a single hold called in the BOTPW, but I saw a dozen for both sides that were obvious from Row W.

Opie11
October 4th, 2021, 10:52 AM

From the angle of that video, that looked like a pretty egregious offensive holding. Bad enough that I'm pretty sure a different angle wouldn't show any better! O lineman tackled to avoid safety and got up saying "whew! got away with that one". And I am a 100% anti hawk, want them to lose at every sport, every time Bison fan.

Mfergy4
October 4th, 2021, 10:57 AM
That was a game. The fact that Roehl is still the OC is baffling. He has clearly regressed and when he keeps trying to do the useless RPO and run a small back against a stacked box shows he isnt even worthy of OCing a D3 team. The fact that Trey, Radunz, Ellefson, etc... were able to cover up how bad of an OC he is, speaks to their talent/ability.

Bubba deserves a massive extension for his play calling. Still, should have been a false start on UND on that touchdown. Cant have two players in movement during the snap of the ball. Took a ****ing trick play to get in the endzone.

Totally agree, the TR needs to go. Put Hedberg in as the OC and lets see what he can do. Patterson is also not making good reads. Example, 3rd Quarter, third and one, Power formation with Watson lined up outside on the right, goes in motion, Patterson fakes hand-off to Watson, even though the linebacker on the left is already crashing down the line to stoop the inside run. Hand-off to Watson would have been a TD as there was no Defenders outside to catch him. Still, to be in the third quarter running power against the stacked box that UND has shown all game is a bad call by the OC. There were no in game adjustments to what UND was doing, none.

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Was that the play after the punt that bounced directly over the top of the pylon was called out of bounds at the 6 inch line?

dewey
October 4th, 2021, 11:10 AM

So you are telling me that referees miss calls? Wow. I am truly shocked.

Dewey

dewey
October 4th, 2021, 11:11 AM
Was that the play after the punt that bounced directly over the top of the pylon was called out of bounds at the 6 inch line?

Yep. That was the play.

Dewey

acbearkat
October 4th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Seems like nobody calls offensive holding in college any more. I don't think there was a single hold called in the BOTPW, but I saw a dozen for both sides that were obvious from Row W.

I'm pretty sure you are correct about no offensive holding calls in the Sam Houston/SFA game. The only holding calls I could find in the box score were defensive holding calls. I saw one obvious holding on us I think the play before the Ife Adeyi touchdown that wasn't called (I'll have to go back and watch). That officiating crew had no business calling a college football game. That crew was flat out terrible and it was terrible on both sides.

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2021, 11:49 AM

The pylon is out of bounds.

abc123
October 4th, 2021, 12:09 PM
The pylon is out of bounds.

So wait, if the pylon is out of bounds and even with the goal line, in order to go directly over the top of it, the ball would have to go out of bounds prior to reaching the pylon? Do I have all that correct?
On top of that, the referee was literally in perfect position to make the judgement call.

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2021, 12:20 PM
The pylon is out of bounds.Actually, it's part of the endzone/plane for the goal line. A ball carrier only needs to graze it to cross the goalline. It was clearly a touchback but even after the home-cooking, NDSU still won.

AmsterBison
October 4th, 2021, 12:21 PM
Hey congrats to UND for winning a quarter for the first time since 2003. The worm is turning.

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2021, 12:32 PM
Hey congrats to UND for winning a quarter for the first time since 2003. The worm is turning.

You're right man. NDSU is looking good this year, nothing to worry about at all under Entz.

AmsterBison
October 4th, 2021, 01:11 PM
You're right man. NDSU is looking good this year, nothing to worry about at all under Entz.

I typically only worry about the next game - and UNI is going to be plenty tough.

Chalupa Batman
October 4th, 2021, 01:25 PM
Actually, it's part of the endzone/plane for the goal line. A ball carrier only needs to graze it to cross the goalline. It was clearly a touchback but even after the home-cooking, NDSU still won.

It was really close, and there wasn't a clear angle on replay that showed it (at least on the Midco broadcast). With what I saw whatever was called on the field would've stood (not confirmed) on replay.

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Actually, it's part of the endzone/plane for the goal line. A ball carrier only needs to graze it to cross the goalline. It was clearly a touchback but even after the home-cooking, NDSU still won.

No it clearly wasn't. And no the pylon is not part of the end zone. It is setup outside the goalline and sideline. The ball would have to have crossed the inside of the pylon to be over the goal line, which it didn't do (at least not clearly).

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2021, 01:41 PM
No it clearly wasn't. And no the pylon is not part of the end zone. It is setup outside the goalline and sideline. The ball would have to have crossed the inside of the pylon to be over the goal line, which it didn't do (at least not clearly).Again, that's false. If the ball breaks thr pylon plane, it's a touchback. Again, I dont really care since GFCC lost, but if it crosses over it, that means it crosses the endzone plane

abc123
October 4th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Again, that's false. If the ball breaks thr pylon plane, it's a touchback. Again, I dont really care since GFCC lost, but if it crosses over it, that means it crosses the endzone plane

Is the pylon out of bounds? Because in order to cross the endzone plane directly over the pylon, prior to that, the ball has to cross the side boundary line. Since those were both the interpretations the camera angles showed (and the referee's direct vantage point), it was already out of play prior to it crossing the endzone plane.

If you punt a ball 20 yards past the goal line, it doesn't matter where it lands if it has already crossed the side boundary prior to breaking the endzone plane. That's not a touchback.

TheKingpin28
October 4th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Is the pylon out of bounds? Because that means in order to cross the endzone plane, the ball had to cross the boundary line to go directly over the pylon. Therefore it was already out of play before it crossed the endzone plane.If it crossed the pylon, going in the direction it did from right to left, it has to cross the goalline plane first, which then would be a touchback. Had it gone from left to right, if would have been out of bounds but since it went the other way, it should have been a touchback.

abc123
October 4th, 2021, 01:54 PM
If it crossed the pylon, going in the direction it did from right to left, it has to cross the goalline plane first, which then would be a touchback. Had it gone from left to right, if would have been out of bounds but since it went the other way, it should have been a touchback.

https://twitter.com/UNDFootball360/status/1444847878405562371
(https://twitter.com/UNDFootball360/status/1444847878405562371)
If it would have went inside the pylon, I'd agree. It didn't, it went over it.
If it would have went left to right (???) it would have landed in the endzone or been out of bounds well prior.
There's definitely no camera angles showing it crossing the goal line before the boundary line and the side judge was literally right on top of it.

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2021, 02:00 PM
The problem I am having is UND's pylons are outside the sideline. Some pylons are on the corner intersection of goalline and sideline. That has to mean something.

Uncle Rico
October 4th, 2021, 03:59 PM
I think it means UND's facilities folks need to study up on where to put the pylons...

abc123
October 4th, 2021, 08:04 PM
I think it means UND's facilities folks need to study up on where to put the pylons...

Where exactly do you think pylons are supposed to go? In the field of play?
Maybe having yard lines that are straight is confusing for the Bison fans and causing confusion?

Uncle Rico
October 4th, 2021, 09:22 PM
Where exactly do you think pylons are supposed to go? In the field of play?
Maybe having yard lines that are straight is confusing for the Bison fans and causing confusion?Directly on the intersection of the out of bounds line and the goal line. Where they always go.

I might have misunderstood the original comment I guess. I took it to mean the pylons were outside the lines.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

BisonTru
October 4th, 2021, 09:35 PM
I think …. And this may cause a fight…

IF they called that punt a touchback…

UND still loses.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/lp84cYEUoOyh0LBEbt/giphy.gif

Bisonator
October 5th, 2021, 11:39 AM
If it crossed the pylon, going in the direction it did from right to left, it has to cross the goalline plane first, which then would be a touchback. Had it gone from left to right, if would have been out of bounds but since it went the other way, it should have been a touchback.

Dude you're wrong. The pylon is out of bounds so if the ball went directly over the pylon it's out of bounds. It was hard to tell on any of the replays where the ball actually went but it doesn't matter anyway, we won.