PDA

View Full Version : Robert Morris Scrimmage Ends With Defense On Top

rmutv
August 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Robert Morris had their final scrimmage of the preseason today. They open up at home against Dayton on September 1st.

Out of 13 series, the offense scored four touchdowns and one field goal.

For a full scrimmage recap, go here:
http://colonialscorner.blogspot.com/2007/08/scrimmage-defense-holds-offense-to.html

BobbyMo
August 26th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the update TV.

Can't wait for the Flyers to come to town.

Seahawks Fan
August 26th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Good luck against the Flyers. Joe Walton teams are usually always well coached and ready to play.

DetroitFlyer
August 27th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Can't wait to get there! I bought several of my family members some red, UD shirts and my son and nephew will have a red and blue foam, number 1, finger for the Flyers! I am looking forward to my first trip to Joe Walton, and I think it should be a great game! I even got my tickets in the mail last week, ( that I ordered back in June ). Now, just make sure that you order up some sunny and 70 degree F weather in the Burgh for Saturday!

Seahawks Fan
August 27th, 2007, 09:39 AM
The forecast for the weekend is a high of 77 and sunny. Sounds like great weather to start the season. This should be a great game.

downbythebeach
August 27th, 2007, 10:14 AM
i would guess that they'll run out of seating

DetroitFlyer
August 27th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Does Robert Morris webcast its home games? If so, could a RM fan post a link. I know a few Dayton fans that cannot make the game that would love to watch the game over the Net if possible. Thanks!!

BobbyMo
August 27th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I am not sure about webcasts, but you can listen to games on yahoo.com. I, however, am not certain if yahoo broadcasts them live or just delayed. RMUTV probably knows more about this than I.

Calif_Colonial
August 27th, 2007, 11:48 AM
i would guess that they'll run out of seating

There will be plenty of seats for the Dayton fans. RMU marks off the South side of the stadium for visiting fans. If you get there on time I don't see any problem. Flyer fans always make a good showing in Moon Township. This will be their first time at " The Joe".

rmutv
August 27th, 2007, 11:49 AM
No webcasts, but you can listen live by clicking this link on Game Day:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/rri

rmutv
August 27th, 2007, 11:51 AM
There will be plenty of seats for the Dayton fans. RMU marks of the South side of the stadium for visiting fans. If you get there on time I don't see any problem. Flyer fans always make a good showing in Moon Township. This will be their first time at " The Joe".

Yep, but if you don't show up, the home fans will take it over! xrotatehx

Opening day and games against St. Francis and Duquesne are usually guaranteed sellouts, which, granted, isn't hard to do with just 3,000+ seats.

I am expecting healthy attendance all year though. Good teams with intriguing players and talent, plus some new opponents (Dayton finally returning to RMU, VMI coming in for the first time) will help draw the crowds in a football rich area.

I mean, when you think about it, RMU is competing with a gigantic slate of high school football the night before, Duquesne, and Pitt - not to mention the D-2/D-3 schools throughout the region and the Steelers on Sundays.

That's a lot of football!