PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread Battle of the Piney Woods (SHSU v. SFA) SAT 4 pm

Daytripper
October 1st, 2021, 06:09 PM
I will be at the game, but I figure this should be pretty good one to watch on ESPN+. SFA is no longer a pushover. They haven't won in a long while and we have the national championship target on our back.

JaMKat13
October 1st, 2021, 07:11 PM
Sam by 21.

katss07
October 2nd, 2021, 01:01 AM
Keeler has been gassing SFA up all week and I think this year it’s actually genuine. Carthel’s got some Big 12 transfers and they’ve got good skill position players. I’m not too worried though. Kats will win, we own them.

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2021, 10:04 AM
I did catch first part of Sammy at C Arky

a few comments

first TD pass to Ezzard is just an example of why talent wins, just lay it out there and let the superstar do the rest

second TD to Ezzard was just to easy, have no idea what the 2 defenders were thinking.. looked like they were frozen or just intimidated

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 04:29 PM
Wheres Schmid

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 04:51 PM
Im calling it. Sfa gonna win

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2021, 05:06 PM
When was SFA’s last win in the series?

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 05:13 PM
I think they said 9 years

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 05:22 PM
Carthel trying to burn the clock midway thru 2nd quarter….

caribbeanhen
October 2nd, 2021, 05:30 PM
Wheres Schmid

good question

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 05:37 PM
Carthel trying to burn the clock midway thru 2nd quarter….

carthel kicking fg, sammy going for tds

Carolina010
October 2nd, 2021, 05:38 PM
According to Twitter they are resting him because of the number of hits he has taken this year

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 05:40 PM
Carthel too conservative. Gonna come back and bite him in the arse, i believe

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2021, 05:40 PM
According to Twitter they are resting him because of the number of hits he has taken this year
That makes no sense unless he's injured. Guessing it's an injury and they just don't want to disclose. Was also thinking maybe he was a COVID scratch but I see he's at the game just not dressed so that must not be it.

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 05:42 PM

he must be woozy. Aint gonna just rest him vs sfa. Rest him next game against Lamar High

Chalupa Batman
October 2nd, 2021, 06:18 PM
What poll is SFA ranked #18?

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 07:08 PM
Sfa nuttin up

katss07
October 2nd, 2021, 09:01 PM
don’t even need our starting quarterback to beat SFA

good game to the Jacks, refs were god awful both ways, atmosphere was fun. Hope to see SFA in the playoffs.

Daytripper
October 2nd, 2021, 09:05 PM
Just got back from the game. SFA came to play. We pulled it out with a backup QB and backup kicker. Nobody really knows why Schmid didn't play. He wasn't even on the sidelines. If they were resting him he would have been there without pads. Carthel screwed up by playing for the long field goal at the end. 3rd and 4 and he basically went away from what they were doing the entire game. Gipson kicked our ass the entire game. Get the ball in his hands there and it's an SFA win.

I like that we won when we were outplayed. Just find a way.

SFA 93
October 2nd, 2021, 09:27 PM
Schmid was on the sideline in street clothes and a ball cap.

I saw him on TV.

Concussion from UCA game I believe.

Daytripper
October 2nd, 2021, 09:30 PM

I saw him on TV.

Thanks. I was looking for him the entire game and couldn't find him. Your Lumberjacks played great today.

Katfan
October 2nd, 2021, 11:30 PM

I saw him on TV.

Correct he is in concussion protocol

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 11:43 PM
Just got back from the game. SFA came to play. We pulled it out with a backup QB and backup kicker. Nobody really knows why Schmid didn't play. He wasn't even on the sidelines. If they were resting him he would have been there without pads. Carthel screwed up by playing for the long field goal at the end. 3rd and 4 and he basically went away from what they were doing the entire game. Gipson kicked our ass the entire game. Get the ball in his hands there and it's an SFA win.

I like that we won when we were outplayed. Just find a way.

carthel was outcoached by carthel

and self, i think he took a dive

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2021, 11:35 AM
If Schmidt was healthy I doubt the game would have been close. IMO

acbearkat
October 3rd, 2021, 01:09 PM
When was SFA’s last win in the series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acbearkat
October 3rd, 2021, 07:36 PM
The officiating was atrocious on both sides. That crew was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk