PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference Week #5 Pick 'em (with poll)

McCowboys
September 28th, 2021, 08:12 AM
Southland Conference Week #5 Pick 'em

No awards or prizes. Keep track of your own record during the season. When all is said and done, we will recognize the winner or winners.

All six SLC teams will be in action this weekend against other SLC members. UIW is 1-0 and McNeese 0-1 in the current standings. The other four teams get their conference start this weekend.

Complete the poll above. The games are listed according to game time, noon, three, and six, and the home team is the bottom team in each pairing.
Southeastern Louisiana at McNeese; Houston Baptist at Nicholls; UIW at Northwestern State.

McCowboys
September 28th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Remember: There are three games. Choose one winner from each pair.

lionsrking2
September 28th, 2021, 03:58 PM
Lions
Colonels
Cardinals

Katfan
September 28th, 2021, 04:03 PM
Lion

Colonels

Cardinals

McCowboys
October 2nd, 2021, 08:09 AM
Last chance to get your pick in for this week!

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2021, 11:05 AM
Pokes (why not, stranger things have happened)
Colonels
Cardinals

SpreadTheWord
October 2nd, 2021, 03:56 PM
Pokes (why not, stranger things have happened)
Colonels
Cardinals

Stranger things almost happened. Game was a lot closer than what I was expecting. Pokes played hard.

SpreadTheWord
October 2nd, 2021, 03:58 PM
Forgot to submit my picks in time but I would've picked the following...

Lions
Colonels (given)
Cardinals

Puddin Tane
October 2nd, 2021, 04:59 PM
Nicholls gonna win the southland

lionsrking2
October 3rd, 2021, 12:26 AM
Stranger things almost happened. Game was a lot closer than what I was expecting. Pokes played hard.

Strange things didn't almost happen—they did happen—that's how it ever got close in the first place. Pokes did play hard. They always do.

lionsrking2
October 3rd, 2021, 12:28 AM

No they aren't.

Daytripper
October 3rd, 2021, 10:59 AM

Nah. SLU.

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2021, 11:27 AM
SLU "should", remains to be seen if they will.

acbearkat
October 3rd, 2021, 05:17 PM
No they aren't.

If Incarnate Word’s defense has legitimately improved, they will. That defense couldn’t stop a nosebleed in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpreadTheWord
October 3rd, 2021, 07:20 PM
If Incarnate Word’s defense has legitimately improved, they will. That defense couldn’t stop a nosebleed in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like they definitely have improved since the spring. The first game against Youngstown State was just more of the same from the spring and I think was the wake up call the defense needed. Since then they've really improved their tackling and getting off the field on 3rd down. Brandon Bowen has been a beast at defensive end and is a transfer from TCU. We definitely could have used him in the spring.

I feel like our offense hasn't been at their best the last two weeks. Too many turnovers and 3 & outs at crucial times. If the offense can start clicking like they were in the spring, combined with our improved play on defense, I definitely think the Cardinals can contest for the conference championship.