PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 5, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
September 27th, 2021, 01:00 PM
Since we are now into conference play, I am leaving out conference designations, unless the game is OOC. Traditionally, GOTW results are such that the two teams with the highest cumulative ranking ends up receiving the most votes...not so sure about this week. Enjoy!

#1 Sam Houston State @ #34 Stephen F. Austin - Battle of the Piney Woods

#3 James Madison @ #29 New Hampshire - CAA separation or shakeup?

#4 Montana @ #8 Eastern Washington - Battle of the ESPN2 Flex

#5 North Dakota State @ #9 North Dakota - What nickel?

#18 Virginia Military Institute @ The Citadel - Military Classic of the South

#38 Harvard (Ivy) @ #23 Holy Cross (Patriot) - Quiz Bowl to follow football game

#28 Jacksonville State (ASUN/AQ7) @ #36 Kennesaw State (Big South) - Battle of the Birds

#31 Duquesne @ #37 Merrimack - Battle for NEC Supremacy

Columbia @ #22 Princeton - Battle of Ivy Undefeated's

acbearkat
September 27th, 2021, 01:05 PM
It’s clear. Montana vs. Eastern Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preferred Walk-On
September 27th, 2021, 01:10 PM
It’s clear. Montana vs. Eastern Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh crap. I voted before seeing this post. ;)

MSUBobcat
September 27th, 2021, 01:12 PM
I chose the rivalry game of NDSU @ UND, a top 10 matchup. I personally still don't see EWU as a top 10 currently and believe they will finally drop out of the top 10 after the Griz beat them on their own god-awful turf.

Ivytalk
September 27th, 2021, 01:15 PM
Griz at Eagles FTW.

Professor Chaos
September 27th, 2021, 01:18 PM
It's close but I went with Montana and EWU. I did just see NDSU/UND about 6 months ago so it doesn't have the freshness factor that the Big Sky game does. I'm really interested to see EWU's offense vs Montana's defense... I get the feeling one of those units, who have both looked absolutely stellar so far, are going to get beat up this game.

POD Knows
September 27th, 2021, 01:21 PM
Montana vs, EWU, UND will destroy NDSU in Grand Forks #BOOKIT

Daytripper
September 27th, 2021, 01:23 PM
I chose NDSU v. UND over Montana v. EWU because I think the Griz will boat race the Eagles.

ST_Lawson
September 27th, 2021, 01:26 PM
It's a really tough call for me, but I had to lean towards Montana and Eastern Washington because we played them both OOC and I want to see how they stack up head-to-head. I have a good guess, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out on the field.

Obviously NDSU and UND is a big deal and could be quite exciting as well.

acbearkat
September 27th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Traditionally our defense plays well against the Lumberjacks, and I don't see that changing on Saturday.

dewey
September 27th, 2021, 02:17 PM
NDSU vs that school North of Fargo.

HATE WEEK!

Go Bison, Sioux suck sh**.

Dewey

Catbooster
September 27th, 2021, 03:21 PM
NDSU vs UND even though I won't be watching it since I'll be at our game.

I will be watching UM vs EWU, but I don't think it will be as good as NDSU v UND. I don't think EWU is as solid as their ranking indicates. This is the Eagles' chance to prove me wrong.

There are some other good games in teh list, but they probably won't impact the rankings/playoffs as much as these (unless there's a big upset).

ElCid
September 27th, 2021, 03:42 PM
I like the ND/NDSU game, but no way I am not going to vote for the The Citadel/VMI game. It really is a good game. It will be hard fought. It's actually nice to have a good VMI team again. It will be on in most SOCON TV markets.

atthewbon
September 27th, 2021, 03:53 PM
Slight edge to Montana v EWU. Both top games will answer a lot of unanswered questions. I just think the big sky game is a bit more intriguing and will tell us more.

UNDColorado
September 27th, 2021, 04:01 PM
NDSU vs that school North of Fargo.

HATE WEEK!

Go Bison, Sioux suck sh**.

Dewey

There it is! I've been missing that good old fashioned hate. LFG!

TheKingpin28
September 27th, 2021, 07:34 PM
There it is! I've been missing that good old fashioned hate. LFG!Grand Forks Community College can suck a fat one for all I care.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

dudeitsaid
September 27th, 2021, 08:59 PM
I think UM vs EWU is bigger just because the stage is bigger. I hate to agree with the assessments of most, but EWU's weaknesses on defense and inconsistent special teams is going to do us in. UM is a much more complete team this year, and actually, I think they are definitely a contender this year. I have a feeling the UND NDSU game will be more competitive, though both have a strong rivalry aspect as well, that hopefully will make both games excellent games to watch. EWU's offense is solid, but also hasn't been tested the way they will be on Saturday. Hope it's a close dramatic game either way.

The Cats
September 27th, 2021, 09:08 PM
It's got to be the Military Classic of the South...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2021, 09:22 PM
Wow! Two awesome games this week, Montana at EWU and NDSU at UND! I had to go with the NDSU vs UND due to the rivalry aspect! I'd like to be in Grand Forks for this one!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 27th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Grand Forks Community College can suck a fat one for all I care.

This unbiased observer offers up the fact that UND is the higher ranked institution based on all the mainstream publications. Plus, UND without question has the nicer campus...xsmiley_wixxrotatehx

I say this with great affection for both institutions. Likewise the Montana schools....

dewey
September 27th, 2021, 10:40 PM
There it is! I've been missing that good old fashioned hate. LFG!

Yep. Anyone 35 or older and the hate is at that school North of Fargo. Anyone younger than 35 or so and the hate is SDSU.

I am obviously older than 35:D

Go Bison! The Bison are going to lay a beat down on the Siouxage this weekend. That school North of Fargo lost 3 offensive line starters from this spring and NDSU won that game impressively plus the Bison offens is WAY better with QP at the helm.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 27th, 2021, 10:59 PM
This unbiased observer offers up the fact that UND is the higher ranked institution based on all the mainstream publications. Plus, UND without question has the nicer campus...xsmiley_wixxrotatehx

I say this with great affection for both institutions. Likewise the Montana schools....Why do you think the Red River flows north?

It's so NDSU can dump all of their **** and rejects off at the landfill in Grand Forks.

Chalupa Batman
September 28th, 2021, 05:47 AM
The top 10 matchups are getting all the buzz but win or lose all of those teams will be fine, except for maybe UND as they try to navigate the Valley.

So for that reason I voted Duquesne-Merrimack as the winner will have the inside track to the NEC title and the autobid.

Hambone
September 28th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Montana vs, EWU, UND will destroy NDSU in Grand Forks #BOOKIT
Second time I've seen the the #BOOKIT for this game from you, so I think you've canceled out the curse......

Hambone
September 28th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Yep. Anyone 35 or older and the hate is at that school North of Fargo. Anyone younger than 35 or so and the hate is SDSU.

I am obviously older than 35:D

Go Bison! The Bison are going to lay a beat down on the Siouxage this weekend. That school North of Fargo lost 3 offensive line starters from this spring and NDSU won that game impressively plus the Bison offens is WAY better with QP at the helm.

Dewey

Haven't seen Siouxage in a while.....:)

Also, I have concerns about the OL for UND, but I think the DL is a little stronger than the Spring and we hopefully won't have the tackling issues we had then either. UND also typically plays a lot better at home, so we shall see how this one goes......

nodak651
September 28th, 2021, 12:33 PM
Excited to finally see NDSU play on the road in a stadium that will be as loud as theirs.

Daytripper
September 28th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Excited to finally see NDSU play on the road in a stadium that will be as loud as theirs.

Will there be fights during the tailgating?

Sader87
September 28th, 2021, 01:01 PM
Will there be fights during the tailgating?

There will be plenty of lawyers at the Harvard at HC Homecoming tailgate....give one of them a call if you want to file a suit. xdrunkyx

F'N Hawks
September 28th, 2021, 01:21 PM
Why do you think the Red River flows north?

It's so NDSU can dump all of their **** and rejects off at the landfill in Grand Forks.

That doesn't even make sense.

Daytripper
September 28th, 2021, 02:11 PM
That doesn't even make sense.

What were your expectations?

HensRock
September 28th, 2021, 02:54 PM
It's close, but I went with Montana and EWU.

Ditto.

MR. CHICKEN
September 28th, 2021, 03:02 PM
.....GRIZZWOLD'S....vs....IGGLES.........AN' IT'S ON TV.......xhypedxxpopcornxxbeerchugxxhypedx....BRAW K!

TheKingpin28
September 28th, 2021, 04:57 PM
That doesn't even make sense.It actually does. **** runs north and ends up in that landfill know as Grand Forks.

AggiePride
September 28th, 2021, 10:42 PM
NDSU @ UND