PDA

View Full Version : UMass gets another FBS transfer...

Minuteman87
August 23rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Cornerback Reshaude Goodwin, from Boston College, redshirted last year as a freshman with the Eagles so still has 4 years of eligibility. Brown called him "the fastest player on BC's roster"

He played at Natick High School for Tom Lamb, one of the finest HS football coaches in the Bay State. Same high school that produced Doug Flutie.

Let the whining about UMass' FBS transfers begin!

http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082207aaa.html

Col Hogan
August 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
Cornerback Reshaude Goodwin, from Boston College, redshirted last year as a freshman with the Eagles so still has 4 years of eligibility. Brown called him "the fastest player on BC's roster"

He played at Natick High School for Tom Lamb, one of the finest HS football coaches in the Bay State. Same high school that produced Doug Flutie.

Let the whining about UMass' FBS transfers begin!

http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082207aaa.html

More good news....Chatty is looking like a return trip is within reality!!!xnodx

And for those whiners, remember, to do it right, you need to hit three octives in one sentence...:p :p

phillyAPP
August 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
More good news....Chatty is looking like a return trip is within reality!!!xnodx

And for those whiners, remember, to do it right, you need to hit three octives in one sentence...:p :p

Good Job U-MASS

There will be no bashing here. I was up in Hadley ,Ma at the end of July for business and drove through Umass campus. Very nice. It was cool to remember back in December we were in Chattanooga for the NC.

Good luck on getting back to TN.

Col Hogan
August 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Good Job U-MASS

There will be no bashing here. I was up in Hadley ,Ma at the end of July for business and drove through Umass campus. Very nice. It was cool to remember back in December we were in Chattanooga for the NC.

Good luck on getting back to TN.

Hadley...onion capital of the east...nice little town...I hope everyone treated you nicely...

I miss the Pioneer Valley so much...I don't get back there enough...

Thanks for a moment of memories...xthumbsupx

phillyAPP
August 23rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
Hadley...onion capital of the east...nice little town...I hope everyone treated you nicely...

I miss the Pioneer Valley so much...I don't get back there enough...

Thanks for a moment of memories...xthumbsupx

People were great and food was very good. We ate at a greasy spoon,mom and pop place on the main street in Hadley. It closes at 2pm.

My brother went to UMASS and we went to Maine for the long weekend.

And by the way, I grew up in Philly so people being nice or NOT doesn't bother me much. It kind of wakes me up. Reminds me where I came from. The south has got me accustomed to living a friendly, enjoyable living. I don't miss the traffic up north either.

Col Hogan
August 23rd, 2007, 08:28 PM
People were great and food was very good. We ate at a greasy spoon,mom and pop place on the main street in Hadley. It closes at 2pm.

My brother went to UMASS and we went to Maine for the long weekend.

And by the way, I grew up in Philly so people being nice or NOT doesn't bother me much. It kind of wakes me up. Reminds me where I came from. The south has got me accustomed to living a friendly, enjoyable living. I don't miss the traffic up north either.

That must have been a fun conversation before, during and or after the NC game!!!

Old Cage
August 26th, 2007, 09:31 AM
"We ate at a greasy spoon,mom and pop place on the main street in Hadley. It closes at 2pm."

That would be The Stables. If you had lunch there you did just fine, but missed out on possibly the best breakfast you ever had.

Six days until the return trip to Chatty begins.

Coach Brown says that a new depth chart will be posted on Monday. It will be interesting to see where the new transfers (out of the 16) are on it.

KAUMASS
August 26th, 2007, 10:24 AM
UMass now has 17 FBS transfers, I believe 6 more are JUCO transfers. 23 total.

Some will have an immediate impact, some will not. Nice depth though. No excuses if they don't win. UMass could be called U-Transfer or maybe Ellis Island U. Or possibly a new label, Football Transfer Subdivision, or FTS.

umassfan
August 26th, 2007, 10:48 AM
"We ate at a greasy spoon,mom and pop place on the main street in Hadley. It closes at 2pm."

That would be The Stables. If you had lunch there you did just fine, but missed out on possibly the best breakfast you ever had.

Six days until the return trip to Chatty begins.

Coach Brown says that a new depth chart will be posted on Monday. It will be interesting to see where the new transfers (out of the 16) are on it.

The deal with transfers.... if they werent here for spring ball dont expect them to start right away. Browns D is so complex that its hard for a player to learn in less then 4 weeks.

BDKJMU
August 26th, 2007, 01:28 PM
UMass now has 17 FBS transfers, I believe 6 more are JUCO transfers. 23 total.

Some will have an immediate impact, some will not. Nice depth though. No excuses if they don't win. UMass could be called U-Transfer or maybe Ellis Island U. Or possibly a new label, Football Transfer Subdivision, or FTS.

Does anyone in I-AA have more?

UMassive
August 26th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Don't know and Don't care. Remember not all transfers are recruited or given a scholarship after announcing their intention to leave an FBS school. If a kid wants to come to Umass because he feels he will contribute and be a part of a competitive team and play than great. I can tell you that Brown must do an excellent job of setting expectations and checking the backround on these guys before bringing them in as he has not had one public off field incident that I am aware of with his transfers in his four years. Very unusual. Also, check the depth chart. Their not all superstars but many appear to have provided good depth and instant maturity from a leadership standpoint.

Old Cage
August 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Sure, we recruit some of them, but don't assume that this is the true story on many of them. A UMass admin guy in the athletic department told me that so many D1 guys came through the door this spring and summer that he couldn't keep track of them.

A national title game appearance and a coach of the caliber of Don Brown will do that for you.

phillyAPP
August 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Sure, we recruit some of them, but don't assume that this is the true story on many of them. A UMass admin guy in the athletic department told me that so many D1 guys came through the door this spring and summer that he couldn't keep track of them.

A national title game appearance and a coach of the caliber of Don Brown will do that for you.

The rich get richer. You guys got me psyched but can you have to many transfers? How will it change team chemistry? Have they earned starting spots?

With 2-3 you can manage it but 5-10 would be crazy. I guess they are like experienced freshman.

phillyAPP
August 26th, 2007, 02:25 PM
That must have been a fun conversation before, during and or after the NC game!!!

I was calling him the whole game, it was WAY fun. I re-ignited his UMASS pride. I got him back into UMASS football in early October so when both APP and UMASS kept winning we couldn't believe it worked out that we end it in Chattanooga.

We have the same banter about the EAGLES and the PATS.

Col Hogan
August 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I was calling him the whole game, it was WAY fun. I re-ignited his UMASS pride. I got him back into UMASS football in early October so when both APP and UMASS kept winning we couldn't believe it worked out that we end it in Chattanooga.

We have the same banter about the EAGLES and the PATS.

Well, we'll wait and see how the college football goes this year...but I got a funny feeling he'll be getting the upper hand on the Pro side...:p :p :p

KAUMASS
August 26th, 2007, 06:10 PM
call them what you want, but we will becalling them victorious on sept 29.im on the 50 yd line for that one.

I will be on the 30 yd line. Should be a good game Sept 29 against BC.

Old Cage
August 27th, 2007, 07:08 PM
phillyAPP - For all the noise over our new transfers, exactly two are starting per our first 2007 depth chart released today - Jeromy Miles (ECAC Rookie of the Year from Navy) in the defensive backfield, and Breyone Evans (Syracuse) at fullback. We know about Miles as we played Navy last year.
Evans must be an excellent blocker as we never give the fullback the ball, and a guy coming back (E.J. Barthel) is a good player.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more start at some point if/when they learn our system.

umassfan
August 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM
phillyAPP - For all the noise over our new transfers, exactly two are starting per our first 2007 depth chart released today - Jeromy Miles (ECAC Rookie of the Year from Navy) in the defensive backfield, and Breyone Evans (Syracuse) at fullback. We know about Miles as we played Navy last year.
Evans must be an excellent blocker as we never give the fullback the ball, and a guy coming back (E.J. Barthel) is a good player.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more start at some point if/when they learn our system.

Horne has been making crazy catches but Rancher and Moore have more exp and know the system better. If we start 3 wide with Rancher Moore and Horne... it will cause alot of problems. Rancher is 6'5, Horne is 6'2 with speed and Moore is 6' with speed also.

Ridenhour may start at some point but Meggett has been impressive in spring and fall plus Ridenhour doesnt know the system very well.

The rest will see time as reserves.

EmeryZach
August 27th, 2007, 09:41 PM
UMass has always had a lot of FBS transfers, but for the most part they have really not helped the team that much, besides a few.

Listen, if they are transfering to an FCS school it just means they realized that they wouldn't play at the FBS level and that they should have always been in the FCS.

So really these guys are the same quality (or less) as guys who started their careers at FCS schools.