PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina A&T: Coach Washington Talks About Getting Back to the Fundamentals

News from the FCS
September 24th, 2021, 03:30 PM
https://ncataggies.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_prefix=rp_primary&image_path=/images/2021/9/24/IMG_0778.jpg

North Carolina A&T Head Coach Sam Washington opening statement… "Talking a little bit about the Duke game, I thought we went into the ball game prepared and came out and played well initially, but the intensity for some reason, we lost. I thought Duke did some relatively good things to pose some issues for us. The onside kick was a big part of the ball game when it comes to momentum and they were able to recover the fumble and not only recover the fumble, but score. I thought that was a very big part of the game. Also another significant part of the game was the last 50 seconds going into the half. They drove the length of the field and that's absurd. We played very poorly defensively and we'll get that fixed and I think we have. This past week, we had a bye week, one needed very desperately. I thought we got the very most out of it. The attitude from the guys has been fantastic. Their work ethic has been very good. Their energy and effort has been very good. As we prepare for this upcoming ball game, which happens to be our rivalry game and one that we're definitely not taking lightly. Central has what I would say possibly the most improved team that we've seen here recently. I knew it wouldn't take long for coach Oliver to get them turned around. He has them turned around, they're playing very hard and sound football. We're going have to match or top that intensity as we approach this ballgame. Everything begins with this week of practice. Everything is about preparation. It's about us. It's about us. We have to get back to playing our brand of football, doing the little things that we normally do very well. That's paying attention to detail, the fundamentals of tackling and offensively, getting a hat on a hat and allowing our athletes to do what they do."

More... (https://ncataggies.com/news/2021/9/22/football-coach-washington-talks-about-getting-back-to-the-fundamentals.aspx)