PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-25

JALMOND
September 22nd, 2021, 08:41 PM
After a so-so 6-5 last week (now at 28-9 overall), this week's games features all conference games, which may be troublesome. Having just non-conference games to go off, it is difficult to tell just who will win. To add to the challenge is that in most games, the team that would be considered the favorite is on the road, creating a chance for some strange outcomes. Here are my predictions this week. Everyone plays except for Idaho.

CP at UM---The Mustangs got off to a good start, clobbering San Diego before having the hurt put on them in the next two games. The Grizzlies still have their impressive win over Washington and were off last week. One of the few games the favorite is at home...UM 42, CP 14.

EWU at SUU---The Eagles offense has been on full display in their first three games and it has made up for some bad performances from their defense. The Thunderbirds got momentum from a good win last week and would love to spring an upset at home...EWU 48, SUU 35.

MSU at PSU---The Bobcats have rolled through their Pioneer League opponents and gave playing time to a bunch of players. The Vikings sloshed through the rain last week and got a win over the DII. No rain this weekend and Barnum has never won a conference opener...MSU 42, PSU 21.

NAU at UNC---Surprisingly, the Lumberjacks burst into the win column last week over a Pac-12 team after falling to two FCS teams. After a loss last week, the Bears are hoping to ride with their defense until the offense figures things out. Lumberjacks riding with momentum...NAU 17, UNC 7.

SAC at ISU---The Hornets played a tough non-conference game and got through it with just a win over a transitional team. The Bengals do not have a win, but have played a couple tough games. The Bengals took last week off to prepare for this game...ISU 34, SAC 28.

UCD at WSU---The Aggies have looked impressive out of the gate with one FBS win and two FCS wins. The Wildcats have played a monster of a non-conference schedule, have one win and have lost their quarterback. Now they get the hottest team in the conference...UCD 21, WSU 10.

grizband
September 22nd, 2021, 08:45 PM
Montana
Eastern Washington
Montana State
Northern Arizona
Sac State
UC Davis

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bonarae
September 22nd, 2021, 10:06 PM
Griz
EDub
Montana State
NAU
Sac State
UC Davis

mvemjsunpx
September 22nd, 2021, 10:25 PM
Montana St. 38-24 Portland St. — Are the Bobcats good? We know the Vikings aren't

Sac State 37-28 Idaho St. — The Hornets appeared to find some offense in Berkeley

EWU 45-31 Suutah — The Eagles won't look ahead to Montana because they need to get rid of the bad taste of last week's second half

Davis 24-27 Weber — Weber needs this game bad

Cal Poly 14-45 Montana — The 'Stangs ran for 412 yards the last time they faced Montana, but they've only run for 161 yards total in 3 games this season

NAU 31-24 NoCo — Is Dylan McCaffrey healthy? The Bear offense was nonexistent without him

Iridebikes
September 23rd, 2021, 08:16 AM
The Griz wil beat Cal Poly.
EWU will handle SUU. EWU's defense was good until last week, I hope last week was an anomaly.
MSU
NAU- I never pick NAU but they did beat a FBS school last week and they are playing Northern Colorado.
ISU wins because they are at home.
UC Davis over Weber. Davis looks like they may be the best of the lot.

acbearkat
September 23rd, 2021, 08:42 AM
Northern Colorado is terrible. Are they worse than Lamar? It's certainly possible.

wapiti
September 23rd, 2021, 10:03 AM
Cal Poly 17 @ Montana 48 --- UM plays 2's and 3's in the 4th and this allows CP to score a few points

Sac State 22 @ Idaho State 17 --- ISU being at home gives them a chance. but Sac state is the better team based on resume this season.

Northern Arizona 24 @ Northern Colorado 17 --- NAU fresh off a huge FBS win. NC has not looked very good.

Montana State 28 @ Portland State 17 --- MSU is starting to click as a team, but this is a road game for them.

Eastern Washington 45 @ Southern Utah 32 --- EWU defense is showing some cracks, will SUU be able to expose them. EWU offense is too good for SUU.

UC Davis 21 @ Weber State 24 ---Another top ten team for the BBQ. Home field advantage wins this one. I did not realize BBQ's QB was injured in the Dixie game. The 2 backup did ok against JMU, but one of them will need to step it up to get Weber back in the top 10 nationally.

nevadagriz
September 23rd, 2021, 03:31 PM
Making one prediction Msu 45- 7 over PSU

JALMOND
September 26th, 2021, 04:48 AM
After a so-so 6-5 last week (now at 28-9 overall), this week's games features all conference games, which may be troublesome. Having just non-conference games to go off, it is difficult to tell just who will win. To add to the challenge is that in most games, the team that would be considered the favorite is on the road, creating a chance for some strange outcomes. Here are my predictions this week. Everyone plays except for Idaho.

CP at UM---The Mustangs got off to a good start, clobbering San Diego before having the hurt put on them in the next two games. The Grizzlies still have their impressive win over Washington and were off last week. One of the few games the favorite is at home...UM 42, CP 14.

EWU at SUU---The Eagles offense has been on full display in their first three games and it has made up for some bad performances from their defense. The Thunderbirds got momentum from a good win last week and would love to spring an upset at home...EWU 48, SUU 35.

MSU at PSU---The Bobcats have rolled through their Pioneer League opponents and gave playing time to a bunch of players. The Vikings sloshed through the rain last week and got a win over the DII. No rain this weekend and Barnum has never won a conference opener...MSU 42, PSU 21.

NAU at UNC---Surprisingly, the Lumberjacks burst into the win column last week over a Pac-12 team after falling to two FCS teams. After a loss last week, the Bears are hoping to ride with their defense until the offense figures things out. Lumberjacks riding with momentum...NAU 17, UNC 7.

SAC at ISU---The Hornets played a tough non-conference game and got through it with just a win over a transitional team. The Bengals do not have a win, but have played a couple tough games. The Bengals took last week off to prepare for this game...ISU 34, SAC 28.

UCD at WSU---The Aggies have looked impressive out of the gate with one FBS win and two FCS wins. The Wildcats have played a monster of a non-conference schedule, have one win and have lost their quarterback. Now they get the hottest team in the conference...UCD 21, WSU 10.

4-2 this week, puts me at 32-11 overall.

caribbeanhen
September 26th, 2021, 10:44 AM
UC Davis QB hurt last night?

saw him sitting on a wagon while back up was winning the game

BlueGoldAg
September 26th, 2021, 12:19 PM
UC Davis QB hurt last night?

saw him sitting on a wagon while back up was winning the game

Hunter Rodriques went out on the Aggies final drive with what appeared to be a possible concussion. No official announcement has been made but he looked dazed sitting on the bench. I'm sure they will be extra cautious, as they should, since any head injury is serious business. RS freshman QB, Miles Hastings, came in a took the Aggies down the field and, another backup QB, Trent Tompkins scored on a 1 yard keeper with 27 seconds to go for the win.

AggieFinn03
September 26th, 2021, 01:01 PM
Ags are always well versed in Quarterback, but the experience Rodrigues has with his time in the program, last spring and the time he has played this year will be missed if he's ruled out by concussion protocols. Still a great win on the road, when nothing was really going Davis' way and then they pop a game winning drive showcasing two backup quarterbacks.

Idaho next week comes in as a dangerous team with nothing to lose...I hope Davis gets back to work. I'd be watching Vandal film all day today if it were me.

caribbeanhen
September 26th, 2021, 01:14 PM
Hunter Rodriques went out on the Aggies final drive with what appeared to be a possible concussion. No official announcement has been made but he looked dazed sitting on the bench. I'm sure they will be extra cautious, as they should, since any head injury is serious business. RS freshman QB, Miles Hastings, came in a took the Aggies down the field and, another backup QB, Trent Tompkins scored on a 1 yard keeper with 27 seconds to go for the win.

thank you for the report!

wapiti
September 26th, 2021, 07:35 PM
Cal Poly 17 @ Montana 48 --- UM plays 2's and 3's in the 4th and this allows CP to score a few points

Sac State 22 @ Idaho State 17 --- ISU being at home gives them a chance. but Sac state is the better team based on resume this season.

Northern Arizona 24 @ Northern Colorado 17 --- NAU fresh off a huge FBS win. NC has not looked very good.

Montana State 28 @ Portland State 17 --- MSU is starting to click as a team, but this is a road game for them.

Eastern Washington 45 @ Southern Utah 32 --- EWU defense is showing some cracks, will SUU be able to expose them. EWU offense is too good for SUU.

UC Davis 21 @ Weber State 24 ---Another top ten team for the BBQ. Home field advantage wins this one. I did not realize BBQ's QB was injured in the Dixie game. The 2 backup did ok against JMU, but one of them will need to step it up to get Weber back in the top 10 nationally.

4 - 2 this week

JALMOND
September 27th, 2021, 12:38 AM
4 - 2 this week

Pretty close on the MSU/PSU game.xthumbsupx