PDA

View Full Version : AGS Game of the Week - Week 4, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
September 20th, 2021, 04:20 PM
I’ll leave the narratives up to all of you this week. Let me know which game(s) I completely missed on and why. Happy voting.

#1 Sam Houston State (WAC) @ #22 Central Arkansas (ASUN)

#37 Illinois State (MVFC) @ #6 Southern Illinois (MVFC)

#8 UC Davis (Big Sky) @ #12 Weber State (Big Sky)

#24 South Dakota (MVFC) @ #16 Missouri State (MVFC)

#17 East Tennessee State (SoCon) @ #35 Samford (SoCon)

Tennessee-Martin (OVC) @ #18 Jacksonville State (ASUN)

Holy Cross (Patriot) @ #19 Monmouth (Big South)

Mercer (SoCon) @ #27 Furman (SoCon)

North Alabama (Big South) @ #28 Nicholls (Southland)

Chalupa Batman
September 20th, 2021, 04:46 PM
Kind of a tough choice this week but I went with Sam Houston @ Central Arkansas. UC Davis @ Weber State, South Dakota @ Missouri State, & East Tennessee State @ Samford are other games I'll be keeping a close eye on.

Daytripper
September 20th, 2021, 05:21 PM
Can't go Weber two weeks in a row. I like the Coyotes v. Bears.

Daytripper
September 20th, 2021, 05:22 PM
By the way, UCA is part of the AQ7 but as a member of the ASUN...not the WAC.

Preferred Walk-On
September 20th, 2021, 05:31 PM
By the way, UCA is part of the AQ7 but as a member of the ASUN...not the WAC.

Yep, copy/paste got me. I should just use AQ7, since that covers all bases, indicates "conference" matchup, and is probably less confusing. I fixed it in the post, but cannot fix it in the poll. I will probably just use AQ7 for the rest of the year. Thanks for letting me know.

atthewbon
September 20th, 2021, 06:14 PM
Three really good games this week. I went with South Dakota v. Missouri St in large part bc I didn't want to pick Weber twice in a row but also it is a key game for both team's playoff chances, loser has an uphill battle the rest of the season to make it. Sam Houston v. Central Arkansas could be good too, I just don't know how close it'll be.

BEAR
September 20th, 2021, 07:16 PM
I’m going UC Davis v Weber.

UCA v Sammy is not going to be that good or close.

Puddin Tane
September 20th, 2021, 09:42 PM
Couldnt go weber 2 weeks in a row.

went with sammy/uca. Never know which team will show up, either team fully capable of jekyll and hyde

POD Knows
September 21st, 2021, 07:01 AM
Couldnt go weber 2 weeks in a row.

went with sammy/uca. Never know which team will show up, either team fully capable of jekyll and hyde
SAMMY is gonna boat race the bears. #BOOKIT.

acbearkat
September 21st, 2021, 11:17 AM
Because the South Dakota/Missouri State game is on ESPN3, I can’t watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 21st, 2021, 11:39 AM
I went with UC Davis vs Weber State. A Wildcat loss and they're the early candidate for 2021's biggest disappointment....

MSUBobcat
September 21st, 2021, 03:16 PM
I chose UC Davis vs. Weber. Yes, it's Weber again, but they find themselves again in the game with the highest ranked teams for one. Second, as Owl said, loss by BBQ will plummet their ranking so it is meaningful in that regard. You hate to say do-or-die in just the 4th game, but 1-3 with the only win being a transitioning D-II doesn't leave much room for error, especially with only MSU and EWU remaining as quality opponents (as of now). Third, a win by Davis will give some clarity to Davis. Their win over Tulsa is nice, but Tulsa is 0-3 (with a respectable loss at 3-0 OK State) and USD and Dixie don't tell much of a story. Lastly, it's the Big Sky game, so for those of us with a vested interest, it can clear up the pecking order a bit with a solid win by one or the other (or completely muck it up with a tight home win by Weber).

ElCid
September 21st, 2021, 04:31 PM
I almost went with UC Davis and Weber, but the ETSU/Samford game is very intriguing. I am obviously more familiar with them, but the Offense/Defense struggle should be fun to watch. It could be a very key game down the road for conf standings as well. Samford's O "can" be very explosive. But the problem with them though, is when it's not, it really isn't. Seldom have I seen as inconsistent of a team.

Chalupa Batman
September 21st, 2021, 04:33 PM
I chose UC Davis vs. Weber. Yes, it's Weber again, but they find themselves again in the game with the highest ranked teams for one. Second, as Owl said, loss by BBQ will plummet their ranking so it is meaningful in that regard. You hate to say do-or-die in just the 4th game, but 1-3 with the only win being a transitioning D-II doesn't leave much room for error, especially with only MSU and EWU remaining as quality opponents (as of now). Third, a win by Davis will give some clarity to Davis. Their win over Tulsa is nice, but Tulsa is 0-3 (with a respectable loss at 3-0 OK State) and USD and Dixie don't tell much of a story. Lastly, it's the Big Sky game, so for those of us with a vested interest, it can clear up the pecking order a bit with a solid win by one or the other (or completely muck it up with a tight home win by Weber).

They also hung tough in the Horseshoe against the Buckeyes. They were down 7 with the ball late in the 4th, before Ohio State scored 2 TD's in the final 3 minutes to make the score look worse than it was. I gave the Aggies a little bump in the poll this week because of that.

TheRevSFA
September 22nd, 2021, 02:16 PM
I’m going UC Davis v Weber.

UCA v Sammy is not going to be that good or close.

Sam Houston is 2-5 in Conway and hasn't won there in 6 years....advantage UCA there. I think it will be a good game..

Daytripper
September 22nd, 2021, 05:28 PM
Sam Houston is 2-5 in Conway and hasn't won there in 6 years....advantage UCA there. I think it will be a good game..

Supposedly, UCA Coach was less than sportsmanlike during a radio interview when talking about the Bearkats. It may be bulletin board material.

BEAR
September 22nd, 2021, 05:33 PM
Supposedly, UCA Coach was less than sportsmanlike during a radio interview when talking about the Bearkats. It may be bulletin board material.

I doubt Nathan seriously talked bad about the Kats. If he did it was tongue in cheek. Good news for you is if he did then that tells you we have nothing to offer in the upcoming game.

Katfan
September 22nd, 2021, 08:24 PM
Unfortunately for UCA they won’t be playing any of those prior teams.

katss07
September 22nd, 2021, 09:09 PM
Link? What’d he say.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the South Dakota/Missouri State game is on ESPN3, I can’t watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well shoot

katss07
September 22nd, 2021, 09:13 PM
Actually they’re 2-4 in Conway. Ty Brock was the starting QB for one of those games, therefore it doesn’t count. Everyone beats Ty Brock. Lamar, twice. Northwestern State. Abilene Christian. Steph… oh wait.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2021, 05:45 AM
Link? What’d he say.

- - - Updated - - -

Well shoot

I just picked up that tidbit from a post in katfans. Below is the post and the radio interview link.

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?23116-Central-Arkansas-Coaches-Show

https://soundcloud.com/1037thebuzz/nathan-brown-show-9-20-21?in=1037thebuzz/sets/uca-football-coach-nathan