PDA

View Full Version : Scarey Moment for McNeese Fans

McNeese72
September 19th, 2021, 05:51 PM
Didn't want to hijack Panther88's thread about the injured player but McNeese fans had a scarey moment near the end of the 1st half of our game with Southern. Qb Cody Orgeron was sliding after a run and got hit helmet to helmet by a defender during his slide. He was down for awhile before they got him sitting up. He sat out the rest of the half while undergoing the concussion testing. He eventually came back and played the second half. The defender was charged with targetting and ejected. I usually don't agree with a lot of targetting calls but this one definitely was called correctly.

See photos I took below.

Doc

Libertine
September 19th, 2021, 06:26 PM
Yeah, that first angle is pretty much textbook targeting.

McCowboys
September 19th, 2021, 07:05 PM
Didn't want to hijack Panther88's thread about the injured player but McNeese fans had a scarey moment near the end of the 1st half of our game with Southern. Qb Cody Orgeron was sliding after a run and got hit helmet to helmet by a defender during his slide. He was down for awhile before they got him sitting up. He sat out the rest of the half while undergoing the concussion testing. He eventually came back and played the second half. The defender was charged with targetting and ejected. I usually don't agree with a lot of targetting calls but this one definitely was called correctly.

See photos I took below.

Doc

Every official agreed because all of them threw their flags! No question about it!
Orgeron is one tough kid.

caribbeanhen
September 19th, 2021, 07:08 PM
it's ironic how the helmets that are meant to protect can also really injure

Outsider1
September 19th, 2021, 07:39 PM
Thank you for the update.

Milktruck74
September 20th, 2021, 08:48 AM
it's ironic how the helmets that are meant to protect can also really injure

Yes, the helmets are actually too good. Nobody leads with the head on the school yard without a helmet. As much a step back as it seems, I'd bet taking the facemasks off the helmet would drastically reduce concussions.

acbearkat
September 20th, 2021, 01:37 PM
I agree with Libertine that the first picture showed textbook targeting. Many targeting calls could go either way. There were four players in the Louisville/Ole Miss game ejected for targeting in the FIRST HALF, and three of them came because of replay.