PDA

View Full Version : CAA Officials and Replay

gregatim
September 18th, 2021, 07:36 PM
Does the CAA not have replay officials for every game? I mean I think I understand why, they’d over turn a dozen plays on average per game? Seem about right to my CAA friends?

POD Knows
September 18th, 2021, 07:44 PM
Does the CAA not have replay officials for every game? I mean I think I understand why, they’d over turn a dozen plays on average per game? Seem about right to my CAA friends?Didn't watch the game but the officiating "sounded" brutal in this game. Need to somehow see a replay of the game.

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 18th, 2021, 07:48 PM
CAA has had replay for several years, not sure what the issue is with the Bison?

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2021, 08:15 PM
CAA has had replay for several years, not sure what the issue is with the Bison?I mean, when NDSU generally bitch slaps the CAA around, if I was the CAA, I'd want to ensure the refs do everything they can to try and "even things out". xcoffeex

Refs did gift Towson a free 7 points.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
September 18th, 2021, 08:29 PM

......35-7......WHAA'TS DUH 911..?.......xdontknowx....AWK!

smilo
September 18th, 2021, 09:09 PM
Probably can't compare to the SEC's incompetency this week so maybe just take it easy?

Hammerhead
September 18th, 2021, 09:13 PM
There was one play where the pass hit the ground about a yard away from the receiver that was ruled a catch and no replay. Same thing with some favorable spots for Towson and then we finally had a replay in garbage time when Towson was getting close to the goal line.

CAA has had replay for several years, not sure what the issue is with the Bison?

KPSUL
September 18th, 2021, 10:04 PM
The CAA has replay, but it is a waste of time. they almost never change a call, for one thing there are just not enough cameras to really get the right look at a play.

POD Knows
September 19th, 2021, 09:56 AM
The CAA has replay, but it is a waste of time. they almost never change a call, for one thing there are just not enough cameras to really get the right look at a play.Hell, the SEC had cameras all over the place and their crews had some major ****ups yesterday. NDSU doesn't even have a goal line camera, how is that even possible.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Hell, the SEC had cameras all over the place and their crews had some major ****ups yesterday. NDSU doesn't even have a goal line camera, how is that even possible.

I would guess the vast majority of D-I teams don't have goal line cameras. In the first few weeks alone I've seen FCS and FBS reviews where they didn't have the angle they needed.

Libertine
September 19th, 2021, 11:27 AM
NDSU doesn't even have a goal line camera, how is that even possible.

Most schools don't. In most games, the replay crew only has access to whatever cameras are already available for broadcast. The conference typically pays for the replay equipment and the replay crew but not for any additional cameras or operators. If you've got a goal line camera, it's because the school or contracted production company elected to pay for one.

POD Knows
September 19th, 2021, 11:35 AM
Most schools don't. In most games, the replay crew only has access to whatever cameras are already available for broadcast. The conference typically pays for the replay equipment and the replay crew but not for any additional cameras or operators. If you've got a goal line camera, it's because the school or contracted production company elected to pay for one.Yea, it seems like an important place to put a camera, there were two plays at Fargo where two different individuals that were going to score appeared to have "fumbled" prior to crossing the goal line, no camera to sort it out.

Hammerhead
September 19th, 2021, 11:38 AM
It's not like these games are on ESPN or network TV with big budgets for a ton of cameras and the production equipment that many feeds. You would need two cameras on each goal line and most FCS teams probably only have 3-4 cameras total.

Yea, it seems like an important place to put a camera, there were two plays at Fargo where two different individuals that were going to score appeared to have "fumbled" prior to crossing the goal line, no camera to sort it out.

POD Knows
September 19th, 2021, 11:43 AM
It's not like these games are on ESPN or network TV with big budgets for a ton of cameras and the production equipment that many feeds. You would need two cameras on each goal line and most FCS teams probably only have 3-4 cameras total.Did we not have goal line cameras at NDSU in the past? It seems to me we did but maybe I am thinking about some of the ESPN playoff games.

Libertine
September 19th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Yea, it seems like an important place to put a camera, there were two plays at Fargo where two different individuals that were going to score appeared to have "fumbled" prior to crossing the goal line, no camera to sort it out.

Except that, if your purpose is to provide TV coverage on a smaller budget, having a camera pointed exclusively at the goal line is a complete waste for 98% of the game.

caribbeanhen
September 19th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Except that, if your purpose is to provide TV coverage on a smaller budget, having a camera pointed exclusively at the goal line is a complete waste for 98% of the game.

hell, they could just install a Petcube ....