PDA

View Full Version : Inside a Two-A-Day Schedule - from the Liberty official site

SuperJon
August 21st, 2007, 05:47 PM
Our SID spent an entire day, from 6:30am to 11pm with our team during a two-a-day. He shows everything that goes into a two-a-day schedule. It's the best thing I've read on a college site in a while. Oh yea, it's a lot of pictures, so it's not a ton of reading.

For those who think the life of a student-athlete is easy, LibertyFlames.com is here to dispel the rumor. A common myth for those unfamiliar with collegiate athletics is the student-athlete is pampered and given the easy route to a higher education.

However, that misnomer is probably as far from the truth as possible. Between early morning workouts, a full slate of classes, afternoon practices and evening study sessions, the average student-athlete works harder preparing for a vocation than when they graduate and transition into the working world.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=10869&newsID=1599&TeamID=

Go...gate
August 21st, 2007, 06:21 PM
That is a really good look inside a fall camp!

SuperJon
August 21st, 2007, 08:36 PM
I think it's something all fans, of any school, should read. We love our schools, we appreciate our players, but I don't really think we appreciate what they go through until you see something like that.

lc83
August 21st, 2007, 10:03 PM
That schedule is basically the same for Butler University except BU starts earlier and our practices are longer. A lot of the stuff is exactly the same like the laundry cubical wall and ice bath buckets. I never thought about how other teams do it. We even get gatorade at night meetings like in those pics.

rmutv
August 22nd, 2007, 01:56 AM
Two-a-day practices at Robert Morris include more time on the field than what was shown with Liberty. At least, according to the posted schedule. The days with just one practice seem to have more meetings.

andy7171
August 22nd, 2007, 06:46 AM
Brings back nightmares. Good stuff SuperJon.