PDA

View Full Version : Game notes for W&M at Marshall.

Tribe4SF
August 28th, 2005, 07:40 AM
http://www.tribeathletics.com/files/fb/2005/01-marshall-web.pdf

Umass74
August 28th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Tribe4sf:

Are you going to the game? The bride and I went to Huntington in 2001 for the Marshall-UMass game. We had a good time talking with the friendly Herd fans.

We could not cope with Bryon Leftwich who threw five TD passes. We did have 215 yards rushing and 26 first downs. Marshall pulled Leftwich in the fourth quarter or it could have been worse. UMass was 3-8 that year and that was our worst team in the last seven years.

Of course, with Leftwich, the Herd was ranked in the top 15 at that time. Marshall returns just 6 starters in 2005 and I think they are not ranked in the top 30.

Good luck to the Tribe!

OL FU
August 28th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I hope they are friendly to W&M. I don't think to many FU fans could vouch for their friendliness. :)

Hoping you guys take this one.

Tribe4SF
August 28th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Yes, I'm going. Planning on attending the HerdFans.com tailgate. They have been extremely hospitable and I'm looking forward to a great game-day atmosphere. Unfortunately, the Thursday schedule is really holding down our crowd.

ChickenMan
August 28th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I hope they are friendly to W&M. I don't think to many FU fans could vouch for their friendliness. :)

Hoping you guys take this one.

Ditto UD fans...