PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pally!

ysubigred
September 13th, 2021, 10:03 AM
Didn't see anything on this.. What happened to Oliver WR, and #8 Saturday? Two what I thought would be key players that were nonexistent..

xconfusedx

ysubigred
September 14th, 2021, 01:34 PM
bump.

The Yo Show
September 14th, 2021, 02:34 PM
I know you asked him this, and not me, but if you want I can give my guess?

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Feel free to chime in, Yo.

Im not sure if Oliver was hurt because he didn’t play much or at all. He was never thrown to. His backup Hensley was targeted 5 times and caught 4 balls. Our other transfer WR Portorreal only caught one ball on 5 targets. They were also afraid to throw deep.

#8, McLaughlin only had 40 yds rushing averaging less than 3 yds a carry. His backup Turner had an average of 9.6 yds a carry. He only got 5 carries. The QB was our leading rusher. Demeatric ran the read option which would have taken carries away from the RB. Of course the quick answer for this is the poor OL and that will be a continuing problem all season.

I note I saw one play run many times that was new - it starts out as a hand off sweep to one side with McLaughlin but he then cuts back against the grain on a counter sweep with blocks set up by the QB and other side of the O. As soon as the QB handed off he was looking to block a man . That only happens on set plays . I’m guessing they think the RB is fast enough to out run the closed off sweep side and cut back with blocking to pick his way thru a D that is now spread out and somewhat blocked at POA.

Mich St is a bad evaluation but I don’t see it getting better in the MVFC.

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2021, 03:00 PM
BTW, the D got no pressure on the Mich St QB and he picked our secondary apart. Other than a LB, they are our best players on the D. What a mess.

Coach also admitted he played 10 OL in the game trying to find an answer. We have NONE.

ysubigred
September 14th, 2021, 07:29 PM
Ok was worried #8 was hurt.. none of the receivers impressed me. That big ass TE the guins have couldn't catch a pass to save his ass. Seem scared to get hit? The only other reason I can think of the receiver drop so many passes are they're surprised the ball was thrown to them lol..

The raw raw board is howling.. some are trying to voice the displeasure in coaching.. I'm Sick of the excuses about the o-line.. either you can block or get the hell off the field it is not rocket science especially at YSU. Also listening to DPs presser last week he had me rolling on the FBS and FCS is not much difference just death?! I have some swamp land in AZ I'll sell him..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2021, 08:00 PM
The coaches won’t admit it, but they tried to play their biggest OL to match up against the Mich St D. We were playing 3 tackles at the same time and only one is decent and they moved him inside to OG. They rotated kids in and out with 10 players and will view game film on them. There could be a shake up coming. It will be a reach. Same with the DL. Both are horrible. You got to go back to Wolf to find decent line recruits. It’s been awful since then.

I like Ogletree the 6’7 TE. Great hands. They hit him early with 2 passes he caught , then ignored him. When they finally got to throwing to him again, Crenshaw was under too much pressure and wasn’t throwing the ball anywhere near him for a catch. Since they are reluctant to throw deep, they will need him, the backs and the WRs on underneath routes for the passing attack. Crenshaw also needs more freedom to tuck it and run . That’s his strength.

All in all, it’s shaping up like I expected. Keep #8 healthy, have a short control pass game and let the QB run to get mileage out of him. On D, pray. They won’t stop high scoring.

The Yo Show
September 14th, 2021, 09:21 PM
I saw #8 plenty, he broke some tackles, but their defense was overall alot faster, and as such he couldn't do his normal cut back routine and get good yards. Plus, our offensive line didn't open any holes for him, always trying to break tackles in the backfield just to get to the line or some positive yards (he did manage that some). I think I agree it was poor offensive line play and that was for the defense and the offense. I also agree that what seemed to help #8 was getting the QB involved and doing option plays. I honestly think if the offensive or defensive lines were like a few years back, we would have made that much more interesting. I think we will be good in a year or two as recruit more linemen and can have a full offseason of strength and conditioning to get them where they need to be.

The Yo Show
September 14th, 2021, 09:23 PM
The coaches won’t admit it, but they tried to play their biggest OL to match up against the Mich St D. We were playing 3 tackles at the same time and only one is decent and they moved him inside to OG. They rotated kids in and out with 10 players and will view game film on them. There could be a shake up coming. It will be a reach. Same with the DL. Both are horrible. You got to go back to Wolf to find decent line recruits. It’s been awful since then.

I like Ogletree the 6’7 TE. Great hands. They hit him early with 2 passes he caught , then ignored him. When they finally got to throwing to him again, Crenshaw was under too much pressure and wasn’t throwing the ball anywhere near him for a catch. Since they are reluctant to throw deep, they will need him, the backs and the WRs on underneath routes for the passing attack. Crenshaw also needs more freedom to tuck it and run . That’s his strength.

All in all, it’s shaping up like I expected. Keep #8 healthy, have a short control pass game and let the QB run to get mileage out of him. On D, pray. They won’t stop high scoring.

I like Ogletree 6'7 TE as well, but you must not have been watching what I was watching. He had more drops than receptions, and really only one or two of the numerous drops were really not his fault (good defense for example). If his hands were a little better he would be really dangerous, I will say maybe he just had an off day at MSU.

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Yo, what I was seeing is bad ball placement from Crenshaw. As a Frosh there were times he should not have thrown to Ogletree as he was well covered, the ball batted away or stripping by the DB. It’s timing for him, hitting the TE early when open or moving to next target if well covered. Unfortunately Crenshaw will not get much time to throw, needs to see that, tuck it and run. He will be more effective with early throws or tucking and running if covered.

The upcoming WIU game should be a better barometer.

ysubigred
September 15th, 2021, 09:26 AM
I agree WIU will be a better gauge of the season. YSU's "D" I didn't get a good read on. Played arguably the best "O" in FCS and a FBS BIG 10 "O" ?! The Offense is now a bit of a question mark also. We moved the ball on MI St. and scored well on UIW who held PV to 6? All I know is YSU has some work to do to win another game. The league is at least 7 teams better at this point in my view..

I'm tough on coaches.. Hell I was firing JT at one point (95).. LOL!

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2021, 09:54 AM
Don’t kid yourself. That idiot Strollo has hired a weak ( and cheap coach the real reason he was hired) coach who has surrounded himself with even weaker assistants. They are out of their depth. DP may be a decent guy but as a HC he has severe limitations .

You must be on the sauce again wanting to fire JT in the middle of the greatest run of football glory in the history of the program.

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2021, 10:12 AM
Btw, I have pointed out for years all the bad recruiting that produced the bad seasons that I predicted would happen. DP has fallen into the worst of the YSU recruiting abuse - recruiting local athletes. On the roster is 37 “Valley” players, none of whom are very good for this level of play. At Mich St just 3 started in the starting 22 and they were a joke. If you see local athletes signed to new schollies, you will understand where the program is headed.

YSU is a hotbed of nepotism and politics. Kiss the program goodbye.

ysubigred
September 15th, 2021, 11:59 AM
Btw, I have pointed out for years all the bad recruiting that produced the bad seasons that I predicted would happen. DP has fallen into the worst of the YSU recruiting abuse - recruiting local athletes. On the roster is 37 “Valley” players, none of whom are very good for this level of play. At Mich St just 3 started in the starting 22 and they were a joke. If you see local athletes signed to new schollies, you will understand where the program is headed.

YSU is a hotbed of nepotism and politics. Kiss the program goodbye.Yup I know.. Can't fix stupid [emoji848]

ysubigred
September 15th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Don’t kid yourself. That idiot Strollo has hired a weak ( and cheap coach the real reason he was hired) coach who has surrounded himself with even weaker assistants. They are out of their depth. DP may be a decent guy but as a HC he has severe limitations .

You must be on the sauce again wanting to fire JT in the middle of the greatest run of football glory in the history of the program.

Hey was off the sauce! 95-96 was some ugly years in between some glory!! Maybe I was acting like a NDSU fan xlmaox

ysubigred
September 18th, 2021, 02:59 PM
Just watched Spartys beating of The U in Miami..

Maybe the Guins are better than we think...

Paladin1aa
September 18th, 2021, 08:19 PM
I don’t think so , Red. This was a Saturday where good teams looked bad and bad teams looked good. Neither Mich St or Miami is a powerhouse.

YSU is what it is as we will soon see.

ysubigred
September 18th, 2021, 08:24 PM
I don’t think so , Red. This was a Saturday where good teams looked bad and bad teams looked good. Neither Mich St or Miami is a powerhouse.

YSU is what it is as we will soon see.WIU can score points. Hopefully YSU has better D than EWU. I know YSU don't EWUs fire power on O..

ysubigred
September 18th, 2021, 10:11 PM
UIW beats 1FBS TX St. 42-34.. probably be the equivalent of YSU beating Can't or Akron. Shame McNeese bailout on YSU. Apparently they're struggling. Next week will be an eye opener for the flightless birds.. and how the rest of the year might look [emoji848]

The Yo Show
September 19th, 2021, 05:55 PM

YSU is what it is as we will soon see.

I'm not saying MSU is great, but I am now thinking that we were both wrong about how had MSU was going to be this year. I think your prediction on where MSU finishes for record this year is actually the floor. I will admit I agreed with it before. I guess we shall see.

I have alot of respect for Mel Tucker. I think he's a good coach.

Paladin1aa
September 19th, 2021, 09:55 PM
Mich St will see Penn St, Ohio St, Mich and other improved teams. A bloody path awaits them.

More to the point, the 2 worst teams in the MVFC meet next. I’ll pick YSU, but it could go either way. Then, SDSU,NDSU, UNI, etc await. I still feel comfortable pegging YSU with 2 wins. Three if they overachieve ,lol

Agree on Tucker , Yo, but look at the division he is in. Besides the top dogs , let’s see how he fares against the division wimps.