View Full Version : Ivy League 2021 Week 1

bonarae
September 11th, 2021, 08:13 PM
Folks, the Ivies are returning to the field after almost two years! xhurrayx

Games to Pick:
Holy Cross at Yale - HC was meh in their last time out
Princeton at Lehigh
Rhody at Brown
Harvard at Georgetown - not confident of my Crimson anymore; Georgetown needed OT to dispatch the HBCU Hornets. (toss-up)
Marist at Columbia
Dartmouth at Valpo - Valpo's defeats concede them as one of the worst teams in the FCS.
VMI at Cornell - VMI was humiliated by the Golden Flashes today.
Penn at Bucknell

Son of Eli
September 12th, 2021, 08:18 AM

Games to Pick:
Princeton at Lehigh
Rhody at Brown
Harvard at Georgetown - not confident of my Crimson anymore; Georgetown needed OT to dispatch the HBCU Hornets. (toss-up)
Marist at Columbia
Dartmouth at Valpo - Valpo's defeats concede them as one of the worst teams in the FCS.
Penn at Bucknell

Same picks as Bonarae except I think Cornell upsets VMI.

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2021, 08:57 AM
I have less emotional investment in Ivy football with each passing year, partly due to physical distance in retirement. For that matter, I really don’t care much about Harvard in general, for my own good reasons. That (grumpily) said, I’ll go out on a limb and pick Georgetown over Harvard in a mild upset. Otherwise, I agree with Bonarae.

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2021, 09:14 AM
I have less emotional investment in Ivy football with each passing year, partly due to physical distance in retirement. For that matter, I really don’t care much about Harvard in general, for my own good reasons. That (grumpily) said, I’ll go out on a limb and pick Georgetown over Harvard in a mild upset. Otherwise, I agree with Bonarae.

Ivytalk, you're making me homesick, how are those Bulldogs looking? I know this is not the right thread....

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Ivytalk, you're making me homesick, how are those Bulldogs looking? I know this is not the right thread....

Laurel is 2-0! Started off by shutting out Sussex Tech (!) at home, then beat Brandywine 35-18 last Friday on the road!

bulldog10jw
September 14th, 2021, 10:48 AM

Games to Pick:
Princeton at Lehigh
Rhody at Brown
Marist at Columbia
Penn at Bucknell

I'll agree with bonarae's picks since after two years, and the usual lack of news from the Ivy teams, and it's the first game this season two weeks after everyone else has started, why not?

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Laurel is 2-0! Started off by shutting out Sussex Tech (!) at home, then beat Brandywine 35-18 last Friday on the road!

Wow! that is a long bus ride up 13 from Laurel to Brandywine....

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2021, 11:02 AM
.....SHOODAH BEEN UH YELLAH-JACKET....SHOODAH BEEN UH YELLAH-JACKET.........WAIT......TUCKER/HAYMAN/SWANN.......ALL MOVED ON.....GARY HAYMAN JES' DIED NOT LONG AGO!

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2021, 04:05 PM
Ancient Eight Opening Lines:

Princeton (-3) at Lehigh

Yale (-10) vs Holy Cross

Harvard (-13) at Georgetown

Penn (-12.5) at Bucknell

Rhode Island (-6.5) at Brown

Columbia (-17.5) vs Marist

Cornell (-1.5) vs VMI

Dartmouth (-27.5) at Valparaiso

bulldog10jw
September 14th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Ancient Eight Opening Lines:

Princeton (-3) at Lehigh

Yale (-10) vs Holy Cross

Penn (-12.5) at Bucknell

Rhode Island (-6.5) at Brown

Columbia (-17.5) vs Marist

Cornell (-1.5) vs VMI

Dartmouth (-27.5) at Valparaiso

Not sure I see the logic of Yale being favored by 10, and Princeton, the Ivy favorite, only giving 3 to Lehigh.

Go Green
September 14th, 2021, 05:57 PM
Not sure I see the logic of Yale being favored by 10, and Princeton, the Ivy favorite, only giving 3 to Lehigh.

Cornell being favored over VMI is the biggest head-scratcher. Did VMI have some bad injuries in its last game?

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Cornell being favored over VMI is the biggest head-scratcher. Did VMI have some bad injuries in its last game?

I'll keep an eye out to see if this line moves. As of Tuesday afternoon, only sportbet.com is reporting FCS odds.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2021, 07:24 PM

Given that Harvard has outscored Georgetown 151-22 in the last four games between the schools, that's probably a safe guess for now. The Sagarin ratings were way off in this (given that Harvard hasn't played and Georgetown was 1-0), giving Georgetown an 89% chance of winning.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2021, 09:34 PM
Given that Harvard has outscored Georgetown 151-22 in the last four games between the schools, that's probably a safe guess for now. The Sagarin ratings were way off in this (given that Harvard hasn't played and Georgetown was 1-0), giving Georgetown an 89% chance of winning.

Take Gtown and Marist plus the points.xthumbsupxxnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2021, 10:59 PM
The Cornell and Princeton lines both seem extremely "fishy"....

kdinva
September 15th, 2021, 02:53 PM

no, just the 3rd string HB, and Kent State is legit, don't be shocked if they beat UMd. in 10 days.

Go Green
September 15th, 2021, 03:53 PM
no, just the 3rd string HB, and Kent State is legit, don't be shocked if they beat UMd. in 10 days.

If that's the case, then I would recommend calling a bookie and taking the 1.5 points. :)

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2021, 05:40 PM
As of Wednesday evening, Princeton is (-13.5) at Lehigh. That's a huge shift.

The original line might have been a posting error by sportbet.com. That, or things got ugly real fast at the book.

All other Ivy lines are the same as yesterday.

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2021, 07:29 PM
The Cornell and Princeton lines both seem extremely "fishy"....

I have a feeling that Little Joey the FCS bookmaker is swimmin with the fishes

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2021, 04:40 PM
As of Thursday afternoon, Cornell remains (-1.5) vs VMI. Somebody must know something because this line seems like such an anomaly.

Everything else remains as it opened, both on Sportbet and 5Dimes.

bulldog10jw
September 18th, 2021, 12:35 PM
Yale 14 HC 10 at the half

HC is proving they can run the ball on Yale

caribbeanhen
September 18th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Princeton looks really good, what happened to Dartmouth..... they bad

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Tim Murphy tied Carmen Cozza’s all-time Ivy League coaching win total today with his 179th victory.

bulldog10jw
September 18th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Tim Murphy tied Carmen Cozza’s all-time Ivy League coaching win total today with his 179th victory.

Glad another class act will have the record

Go Green
September 19th, 2021, 08:38 AM
Princeton looks really good, what happened to Dartmouth..... they bad

We played just like a team that hasn't played in two years. Take away the fumbles and bad snaps, and we win by at least 25.

Hopefully the rust/jitters are gone by next week.

KPSUL
September 19th, 2021, 08:42 AM
We played just like a team that hasn't played in two years. Take away the fumbles and bad snaps, and we win by at least 25.

Hopefully the rust/jitters are gone by October 23rd.

OK, now I've fixed it !

caribbeanhen
September 19th, 2021, 08:45 AM

Hopefully the rust/jitters are gone by next week.

I hear you but this did not look like the Dartmouth from a few years ago, I thought you might beat UNH... Now not so sure about that.... anyway, your right only one game and I only saw the bad stuff, every time I flipped to another game you scored

Go Green
September 19th, 2021, 08:48 AM

Congrats to Murphy. But I think all will acknowledge that Cozza played a more demanding OOC schedule than Murphy did throughout his career...

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Congrats to Murphy. But I think all will acknowledge that Cozza played a more demanding OOC schedule than Murphy did throughout his career...
Good old GG: praising with faint damns.