PDA

View Full Version : Players See New Sam Houston Field House

Daytripper
September 10th, 2021, 05:05 PM
https://twitter.com/BearkatsFB/status/1436437513351086084

katss07
September 10th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Very nice. Heard the new Bearkat Champions Lounge in the Fieldhouse is exceptional as well. Both will be huge recruiting chips and nice amenities for players and fans. GREAT to see administration is making some long overdue changes. And quite frankly I think a lot of it has to do with the presidential change. This is a big step for the program and the WAC.

The new bar/grill pavilion in the southwest corner is finished and looks great as well, that’ll add to the fan experience that’s been about as “blah” as possible for the past decade.

If Sam is serious about going FBS (and I think being in the WAC will force them to be, to an extent), a new facade for the east side is necessary. That should be the next goal. When the FBS feasibility study was published 15 or so years ago it was clear we weren’t ready at all (almost feel like we just did it because TS-SM did). When Keeler let slip in his introductory press conference, it was clear we weren’t ready at all. If we want that to change by the time the WAC runs theirs, even more improvements need to be made. This gives me hope.

JacksFan40
September 10th, 2021, 06:21 PM
This is just cementing SHSU as easily the premier FCS team in Texas, and one of the premier programs overall in the nation. It has the looks of a P5 facility, it’ll be huge for SHSU in recruiting.

Ive always thought that SHSU could easily compete with and beat the G5 Texas schools in terms on field product and recruiting. If I’m a Texas recruit who isn’t being looked at hard by the P5 teams, I’d definitely take SHSU over something like UTEP, Rice, or Tx State.

Puddin Tane
September 10th, 2021, 07:06 PM
This is just cementing SHSU as easily the premier FCS team in Texas, and one of the premier programs overall in the nation. It has the looks of a P5 facility, it’ll be huge for SHSU in recruiting.

Ive always thought that SHSU could easily compete with and beat the G5 Texas schools in terms on field product and recruiting. If I’m a Texas recruit who isn’t being looked at hard by the P5 teams, I’d definitely take SHSU over something like UTEP, Rice, or Tx State.

Hell, id take sfa over utep! (That hurt to even type.)

katss07
September 10th, 2021, 07:34 PM
Texas State-San Marcos actively avoids playing us and refuses to schedule Sam in football and basketball

JacksFan40
September 10th, 2021, 07:58 PM
Texas State-San Marcos actively avoids playing us and refuses to schedule Sam in football and basketball
Probably because it’d prove how superior SHSU is to them. I’d say SHSU is superior to all of the Texas G5’s besides maybe Houston, and they’re going Big 12 soon. But SHSU is definitely superior to programs like UTEP, UTSA, Tx State, Rice, and UNT.
SHSU could build an absolute powerhouse if they can recruit the hidden gems in Texas that the P5s miss.

Daytripper
September 10th, 2021, 10:50 PM
Probably because it’d prove how superior SHSU is to them. I’d say SHSU is superior to all of the Texas G5’s besides maybe Houston, and they’re going Big 12 soon. But SHSU is definitely superior to programs like UTEP, UTSA, Tx State, Rice, and UNT.
SHSU could build an absolute powerhouse if they can recruit the hidden gems in Texas that the P5s miss.

And continue finding the unsung 0-1 stars like Eric Schmid. Nobody recruited him except Sam Houston.

Serpentor
September 10th, 2021, 11:12 PM

Definitely. We could probably hang with UTSA as well. We managed to play against Patrick Mahomes a few years back and NOT get embarrassed. We were in that game well into the 4th quarter. We played well against Baylor a few years before that.

Really, only Texas A&M and UT are out of reach against us in Texas.

Bisonoline
September 11th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Very very nice!

Catbooster
September 12th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Looks good. Congrats. Is there a link to something that shows the overall facility?

Daytripper
September 12th, 2021, 09:59 PM
Looks good. Congrats. Is there a link to something that shows the overall facility?

Not yet. I think they are slow-rolling it.