PDA

View Full Version : AGS Pick 5 Survival League - Week 2, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
September 5th, 2021, 03:14 PM
To distinguish this from the “AGS Survivor Pool” (run by Chalupa Batman), I am rebranding this as the “AGS Pick 5 Survival League”.

The leaderboard (clickable link in my signature) has been updated to reflect Week 1 results, and this is just a friendly reminder that this league is double-elimination, so if you missed Week 1, you are still eligible to continue playing.

Everybody that submitted picks last week is active for Week 2, and as games finish up today, I will get them entered into the system (a few of you have survival picks for today). It seems pretty easy when you have 128 teams to choose from; however, we'll see how it is in a few weeks when players have used up some of the "no brainers" and have to begin making some marginal picks. xdrunkyx

I am doing my best to keep the score sheet updated accurately, so if you see a mistake, please let me know.

MAKE WEEK 2 SURVIVAL PICKS HERE
(https://forms.gle/iCbyj62QTyoxgShb9)
DEADLINE: THU, SEP 9 @ 5 PM ET

POD Knows
September 5th, 2021, 05:17 PM
To distinguish this from the “AGS Survivor Pool” (run by Chalupa Batman), I am rebranding this as the “AGS Pick 5 Survival League”.

The leaderboard (clickable link in my signature) has been updated to reflect Week 1 results, and this is just a friendly reminder that this league is double-elimination, so if you missed Week 1, you are still eligible to continue playing.

Everybody that submitted picks last week is active for Week 2, and as games finish up today, I will get them entered into the system (a few of you have survival picks for today). It seems pretty easy when you have 128 teams to choose from; however, we'll see how it is in a few weeks when players have used up some of the "no brainers" and have to begin making some marginal picks. xdrunkyx

I am doing my best to keep the score sheet updated accurately, so if you see a mistake, please let me know.

DEADLINE: THU, SEP 9 @ 5 PM ETPWO, can you post the rules with each of these updates, also, I don't know what they are paying you to run this but it isn't enough.

caribbeanhen
September 5th, 2021, 06:13 PM
PWO, can you post the rules with each of these updates, also, I don't know what they are paying you to run this but it isn't enough.

ditto, i know we can only pick the teams once, and I also know POD already forgot who he picked but I will admit I have

POD Knows
September 5th, 2021, 06:25 PM
ditto, i know we can only pick the teams once, and I also know POD already forgot who he picked but I will admit I haveNah, I went in and screen printed my picks but one of these polls I am in doesn't allow for the selection of the loser as a loser in a future pick or something, I can't even keep track anymore

Chalupa Batman
September 5th, 2021, 09:43 PM

I went 5 for 5 this week, but in the Google doc it's saying that all 5 teams are unavailable, even the one I wanted to keep as the bonus.

caribbeanhen
September 5th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Nah, I went in and screen printed my picks but one of these polls I am in doesn't allow for the selection of the loser as a loser in a future pick or something, I can't even keep track anymore

Yea, you have a computer

Preferred Walk-On
September 5th, 2021, 11:05 PM
ditto, i know we can only pick the teams once, and I also know POD already forgot who he picked but I will admit I have

Clicking on the "2021 (Fall) AGS Pick 5 Survival League - Standings and Available Teams" in my signature will take you to a Google Sheet with a "Scoreboard" tab. Click on your AGS Name, and then click on the link to take you to your individual sheet. This sheet contains a list of available teams (bottom left and scrollable). Any that are NOT shown as red-shaded/strikethrough are available. As soon as your picks are made for that week and entered into this sheet (after Thu @ 5 PM ET), they become marked as unavailable.

I went 5 for 5 this week, but in the Google doc it's saying that all 5 teams are unavailable, even the one I wanted to keep as the bonus.

Also, if you had a perfect week, the team you choose to "Keep" is also available to be used one more time during the season (despite the fact it shows as red-strikethrough in the "Available Teams Remaining" list; see https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?278194-AGS-Survival-Game-Week-1-(Sep-4-2021)&p=2986428&viewfull=1#post2986428). Unfortunately, I do not know how to unmark it as unavailable in Google Sheets through conditional formatting, and I am simply choosing to have the player keep track of this on their own, rather than editing each individual spreadsheet manually. Sorry for any confusion.

Preferred Walk-On
September 5th, 2021, 11:23 PM
PWO, can you post the rules with each of these updates, also, I don't know what they are paying you to run this but it isn't enough.

Rules for the Pick 5 Survival League:

1. Each week, you will choose FIVE (5) FCS teams that you think will win their scheduled games.

2. You may pick an FCS team if they are playing another FCS or an FBS opponent; however, you may NOT choose an FCS team playing a team from a lower division.

3. Each team can only be used ONCE during the entire season, unless you have earned the right to use a team for a second time (see rule 5 below).

4. Additionally, from those five teams for that particular week, you will choose one team that you would potentially like to use again (one additional time) during the season.

5. If ALL 5 of your picks win their games in a particular week, the team you have selected to “keep” that week can be used one more time during the season. That team CANNOT be used a third time.

6. To advance to the next week (i.e., keep playing), a player must have a greater than .500 winning percentage for that particular week (e.g., they must have at least 3 out of 5 picks correct).

7. This is a double-elimination game. Failure to make picks one week or having less than 50% correct picks constitutes an elimination. However, as long as this is only the first elimination, the player will remain active and can continue playing until they fail to make picks or have <50% correct picks for a week a second time.

8. The player(s) that survives the most weeks wins. However, for tie-breaking purposes, the following criteria (beyond how many weeks survived) will be used in this order:

a. combined number of weeks for eliminations,
b. number of correct picks,
c. number of times having a perfect week, and
d. least number of times reusing a team during the season.

9. Cancellation procedure: If a cancellation is before the deadline, the player should edit their pick. If the cancellation is after the deadline, the submission does not count and the following apply:

a. The player would still have to get >50% correct for the remaining games they picked to advance,
b. Assuming they advance to the next week, the team picked for the game that was canceled would be available for a future week, and
c. If the player were to get 100% of the remaining active picks correct, their "keep" team would remain available to be used one more time.

10. Weekly picks are posted to the “2021 (Fall) AGS Pick 5 Survival League - Standings and Available Teams” Google Sheet following the deadline every Thu @ 5 PM ET, and this sheet will be updated following the completion of all the games for that week. This Google Sheet is always available to each player by clicking the link in Preferred Walk-On’s signature.

Chalupa Batman
September 6th, 2021, 07:16 AM
Clicking on the "2021 (Fall) AGS Pick 5 Survival League - Standings and Available Teams" in my signature will take you to a Google Sheet with a "Scoreboard" tab. Click on your AGS Name, and then click on the link to take you to your individual sheet. This sheet contains a list of available teams (bottom left and scrollable). Any that are NOT shown as red-shaded/strikethrough are available. As soon as your picks are made for that week and entered into this sheet (after Thu @ 5 PM ET), they become marked as unavailable.

Also, if you had a perfect week, the team you choose to "Keep" is also available to be used one more time during the season (despite the fact it shows as red-strikethrough in the "Available Teams Remaining" list; see https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?278194-AGS-Survival-Game-Week-1-(Sep-4-2021)&p=2986428&viewfull=1#post2986428). Unfortunately, I do not know how to unmark it as unavailable in Google Sheets through conditional formatting, and I am simply choosing to have the player keep track of this on their own, rather than editing each individual spreadsheet manually. Sorry for any confusion.

Okay I missed that, thanks. Or more likely I just plain forgot.

POD Knows
September 6th, 2021, 08:18 AM
Rules for the Pick 5 Survival League:

1. Each week, you will choose FIVE (5) FCS teams that you think will win their scheduled games.

2. You may pick an FCS team if they are playing another FCS or an FBS opponent; however, you may NOT choose an FCS team playing a team from a lower division.

3. Each team can only be used ONCE during the entire season, unless you have earned the right to use a team for a second time (see rule 5 below).

4. Additionally, from those five teams for that particular week, you will choose one team that you would potentially like to use again (one additional time) during the season.

5. If ALL 5 of your picks win their games in a particular week, the team you have selected to “keep” that week can be used one more time during the season. That team CANNOT be used a third time.

6. To advance to the next week (i.e., keep playing), a player must have a greater than .500 winning percentage for that particular week (e.g., they must have at least 3 out of 5 picks correct).

7. This is a double-elimination game. Failure to make picks one week or having less than 50% correct picks constitutes an elimination. However, as long as this is only the first elimination, the player will remain active and can continue playing until they fail to make picks or have <50% correct picks for a week a second time.

8. The player(s) that survives the most weeks wins. However, for tie-breaking purposes, the following criteria (beyond how many weeks survived) will be used in this order:

a. combined number of weeks for eliminations,
b. number of correct picks,
c. number of times having a perfect week, and
d. least number of times reusing a team during the season.

9. Cancellation procedure: If a cancellation is before the deadline, the player should edit their pick. If the cancellation is after the deadline, the submission does not count and the following apply:

a. The player would still have to get >50% correct for the remaining games they picked to advance,
b. Assuming they advance to the next week, the team picked for the game that was canceled would be available for a future week, and
c. If the player were to get 100% of the remaining active picks correct, their "keep" team would remain available to be used one more time.

10. Weekly picks are posted to the “2021 (Fall) AGS Pick 5 Survival League - Standings and Available Teams” Google Sheet following the deadline every Thu @ 5 PM ET, and this sheet will be updated following the completion of all the games for that week. This Google Sheet is always available to each player by clicking the link in Preferred Walk-On’s signature.
Dude, my bad, I see the rules are in the actual voting section of this deal. Thanks for posting anyway.

KPSUL
September 6th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Between this pick 5, the MVFC Pick-em and filling in on the "How they Fared", isn't it about time to offer Preferred Walk-On a full scholarship ?

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2021, 02:10 PM
Between this pick 5, the MVFC Pick-em and filling in on the "How they Fared", isn't it about time to offer Preferred Walk-On a full scholarship ?

started calling him Full ride last year

POD Knows
September 6th, 2021, 02:11 PM
He will probably use the Transfer Portal and go over to CS.com

Preferred Walk-On
September 7th, 2021, 09:42 AM

started calling him Full ride last year

Appreciate it.

He will probably use the Transfer Portal and go over to CS.com

Not yet, but looking for some of that NIL money... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Also...

Bump AND deadline reminder (Thu, Sep 9 @ 5 PM ET)

Preferred Walk-On
September 8th, 2021, 12:13 PM
Friendly reminder...

Preferred Walk-On
September 8th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Also, forgot to post that I have received entries this week from the following:

Preferred Walk-On
JALMOND
Libertine
Knit35
Daytripper
KPSUL
JacksFan40
Chalupa Batman
MTfan4life
POD Knows
The Yo Show
OhioHen
TheValleyRaider
HensRock

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2021, 04:16 PM
It’s hard to find five games to pick this week

so many FBS matchup‘s

Preferred Walk-On
September 8th, 2021, 04:19 PM
It’s hard to find five games to pick this week

so many FBS matchup‘s

Nobody said it would be easy... ;)
However, you just have to get >50% correct, right?

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Nobody said it would be easy... ;)
However, you just have to get >50% correct, right?

no tears just the fears Haha

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2021, 08:39 AM
REMINDER: DEADLINE: THU, SEP 9 @ 5 PM ET (That is today, folks)

Also, I have received picks from the following:

Preferred Walk-On
JALMOND
Libertine
Knit35
Daytripper
KPSUL
JacksFan40
Chalupa Batman
MTfan4life
POD Knows
The Yo Show
OhioHen
TheValleyRaider
HensRock
McNeese75
caribbeanhen
MR. CHICKEN

There were 20 players last week, so by my count, we are missing at least 3 submissions. Of course, if you would like to jump into the game (with one week eliminated; remember, double-elimination), please do so...your victory this season would just be that much sweeter. ;)

Roamingriz
September 9th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Just submitted

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2021, 01:04 PM
REMINDER: DEADLINE: THU, SEP 9 @ 5 PM ET (That is today...in less than 3 hr)

Update on "received picks from":

Preferred Walk-On
JALMOND
Libertine
Knit35
Daytripper
KPSUL
JacksFan40
Chalupa Batman
MTfan4life
POD Knows
The Yo Show
OhioHen
TheValleyRaider
HensRock
McNeese75
caribbeanhen
MR. CHICKEN
Hambone
Roamingriz

Again, if you would like to jump into the game (with one week eliminated; remember, double-elimination), please do so...your victory this season would just be that much sweeter. ;)

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2021, 05:05 PM
OK, the picks have now been populated into everyone's individual pick and available teams scoring sheet.

In looking through the sheets, there were five who used a pick for a second time (two of which were legal uses). For the other three, the reused pick was not valid, because the reused pick was not the "Keep" team from a previous week. Therefore, I am simply removing that pick, and the >50% correct will be out of the remaining four picks for these players.

Good luck this weekend. I have not heard of any cancellations yet, so let's hope this holds up (enter first game cancellation in 5, 4, 3, 2, ...).

Catbooster
September 10th, 2021, 12:45 AM
Sorry, Full Ride, But I'm late again. Thanks for doing this anyway.

Chalupa Batman
September 10th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Sorry, Full Ride, But I'm late again. Thanks for doing this anyway.

I think Full Ride is still selling him short. Team captain seems more fitting.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o7aboekyiBIoMWB7a/giphy.gif

grizband
September 10th, 2021, 06:29 PM
Thought I had until tomorrow to submit picks, my mistake...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk