PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 1, Fall 2021

Preferred Walk-On
September 4th, 2021, 10:50 PM
Well, it was a bit of a wild weekend to begin the Fall 2021 FCS football campaign. Within the AGS Preseason Top 25, only 9 teams lost, with 8 teams falling to FBS opponents and the remaining FCS matchup being the #18 team (Chattanooga) losing to the #23 team (Austin Peay).

Of the 8 losses to FBS opponents, #19t Northern Iowa and #19t Missouri State had strong showings against Big 12 teams (#7 Iowa State and Oklahoma State, respectively), losing by only a touchdown each. #6 Weber State was the only other loss against a ranked P5 school (#24 Utah). The remaining losses were against G5 opponents.

Despite this, there were also 4 wins against FBS opponents for AGS Top 25 teams, and another 2 wins from teams in the top 40. Perhaps the stunner of the evening was #8 Montana over the #20 FBS team (Washington). #2 South Dakota State, #11 Eastern Washington, and #25 UC Davis also scored victories over G5 FBS opponents. #31 East Tennessee State handily defeated a P5 opponent, while #33 Holy Cross was also victorious. It was a very good showing for the FCS vs. FBS, especially for the Big Sky and Missouri Valley.

Any surprises this week were for the teams outside the top 25 looking in (see above). Of additional note were losses by #27 North Carolina A&T and #35 Alcorn State. Otherwise, only two other teams (#37 Albany and #36 Davidson) ranked #26-40 lost, and both losses were to AGS Top 25 teams (#4 North Dakota State and #17 Virginia Military Institute).

To see the results of the AGS Top 25 (and outside) teams, click the “How They Fared” link below.

Any mistakes, please let me know.

CLICK HERE FOR HOW THEY FARED (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_d5ihQ05BiZ4CxNcgQqaBeEz8mp6S6_VGgCFknG1F_U/edit?usp=sharing)

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2021, 11:07 PM
Well, it was a bit of a wild weekend to begin the Fall 2021 FCS football campaign. Within the AGS Preseason Top 25, only 9 teams lost, with 8 teams falling to FBS opponents and the remaining FCS matchup being the #18 team (Chattanooga) losing to the #23 team (Austin Peay).

Of the 8 losses to FBS opponents, #19t Northern Iowa and #19t Missouri State had strong showings against Big 12 teams (#7 Iowa State and Oklahoma State, respectively), losing by only a touchdown each. #6 Weber State was the only other loss against a ranked P5 school (#24 Utah). The remaining losses were against G5 opponents.

Despite this, there were also 4 wins against FBS opponents for AGS Top 25 teams, and another 2 wins from teams in the top 40. Perhaps the stunner of the evening was #8 Montana over the #20 FBS team (Washington). #2 South Dakota State, #11 Eastern Washington, and #25 UC Davis also scored victories over G5 FBS opponents. #31 East Tennessee State handily defeated a P5 opponent, while #33 Holy Cross was also victorious. It was a very good showing for the FCS vs. FBS, especially for the Big Sky and Missouri Valley.

Any surprises this week were for the teams outside the top 25 looking in (see above). Of additional note were losses by #27 North Carolina A&T and #35 Alcorn State. Otherwise, only two other teams (#37 Albany and #36 Davidson) ranked #26-40 lost, and both losses were to AGS Top 25 teams (#4 North Dakota State and #17 Virginia Military Institute).

To see the results of the AGS Top 25 (and outside) teams, click the “How They Fared” link below.

At the time of this write-up, the only game remaining involving the top 40 teams had #30 Sac State up on Dixie State 19-7 starting the 4th quarter. Any mistakes, please let me know.

CLICK HERE FOR HOW THEY FARED (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_d5ihQ05BiZ4CxNcgQqaBeEz8mp6S6_VGgCFknG1F_U/edit?usp=sharing)

That is true with the only remaining game being Sac but I think pushing the poll vote back due to the PSU/Hawaii game is probably the best idea. If voters want it open though I cas sure open it before then. I just think pushing it back one day over this weekend would be the best idea. Poll release on Tuesday morning.

Adverse thoughts welcome though so let me know voters.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2021, 11:08 PM
Also, great job PWO for stepping in for our missing brother supey. I really appreciate you continuing this vaunted tradition on AGS. Well done.

Daytripper
September 5th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Also, great job PWO for stepping in for our missing brother supey. I really appreciate you continuing this vaunted tradition on AGS. Well done.

^^^^^This! "How They Fared" is my sacred text for the religion that is the AGS Poll. Thanks for stepping up as the cult leader, PWO.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2021, 12:55 PM
^^^^^This! "How They Fared" is my sacred text for the religion that is the AGS Poll. Thanks for stepping up as the cult leader, PWO.

Good way to put it. xlolx

POD Knows
September 5th, 2021, 01:04 PM
^^^^^This! "How They Fared" is my sacred text for the religion that is the AGS Poll. Thanks for stepping up as the cult leader, PWO.Honestly, without this type of reference piece, I might not even do the poll, or I would do the poll and it would be garbage instead of the "Bible" that it is now.

Thanks PWO.

kdinva
September 5th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the super-helpful spreadsheet.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2021, 02:16 PM
I opened the poll and sent the usual notification via email and a post on the AGS Poll Voter forum as well.

If anyone that thinks they are signed up etc. but did not get an email please let me know with a pm.

paward
September 6th, 2021, 05:39 PM
Preferred walk on, You Rock!

ngineer
September 6th, 2021, 11:06 PM
Thanks, PWO...I could not do this without this tool! Excellent.

Catbooster
September 7th, 2021, 12:08 AM
Thanks PWO.

I hope Supe is just too busy this year and that he's doing well.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 7th, 2021, 10:32 AM
You have about 30 min. left AGS Poll voters so get yoour ballot now if you have not yet.