PDA

View Full Version : JSU v UAB Tonight on ESPN

Cocky
September 1st, 2021, 10:31 AM
If your looking for any JSU biased comments, most of the JSU fan base has moved to a different forum. This forum has a gameday thread features which doesnt require registration to comment. Comments/post on the non gameday thread will require a registration.

https://jaxstate.freeforums.net/

SFA 93
September 1st, 2021, 11:14 AM
Looking forward to seeing this game and what JSU has.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 11:59 AM
Looking forward to seeing this game and what JSU has.

Spoiler alert: it's not much.

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 12:38 PM
I'm looking to see how JSU does against them just for comparison on how UCA did against them last year so I can figure out how UCA will do against JSU this year....get it? xlolx

Last year UAB ran 83 plays for 459 yards and 45 points. UCA lost by 10. They ran the ball 49 times. Watch for that. It will wear an FCS defense down. The third when we didn't score but they only got a field goal. Pretty even besides that in scoring according to the box score. But this game was really over to start the fourth.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2021, 03:09 PM
Who is the Jax St QB ?

Cocky
September 1st, 2021, 03:09 PM
Cooper, the transfer from Clemson

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2021, 03:15 PM

thanks!

Professor Chaos
September 1st, 2021, 03:17 PM
Can't wait to see Deion on the sidelines!

/sarcasm

katss07
September 1st, 2021, 04:05 PM
Jacksonville State is a Top 5 FCS team and program, John Grass is a great coach and even if they don’t win they should move up in the rankings!

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 04:14 PM
Jacksonville State is a Top 5 FCS team and program, John Grass is a great coach and even if they don’t win they should move up in the rankings!

This is bait.

POD Knows
September 1st, 2021, 04:44 PM
Jacksonville State is a Top 5 FCS team and program, John Grass is a great coach and even if they don’t win they should move up in the rankings!Gospel, preach it.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 04:57 PM
Gospel, preach it.

Stop. You're hurting my soul.

OhioHen
September 1st, 2021, 05:25 PM

Top seed and Eddie Robinson Award winner!

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 05:37 PM
You are all the worst.

Making fun of the disabled like that.

Katfan
September 1st, 2021, 05:55 PM
Good luck tonight. I’ll be rooting for JSU!

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 06:12 PM
Saw scrolling on ESPN that UAB is a 16.5 point favorite.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2021, 06:16 PM
Closing in on kickoff! Since the Phils-Nats game got rained out this will have my full attention....

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 06:18 PM
Sitting in first class on the flight home watching JSU get their ass beat.

It's a good thing they offer complimentary alcohol. I'm going to need it.

grayghost06
September 1st, 2021, 06:21 PM
Give 'em hell JSU and bring home the first scalp of the season.

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 06:39 PM
I was wondering what penalty JSU could have done on a kickoff that went out the back of the end zone. xlolx

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 06:39 PM
JSU picks up fall '21 right where they left off spring '21, getting a dumb penalty.

EDIT: sorry, never mind. Ref pointed the wrong way. My bad.

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 06:42 PM
JSU kicks it down to the 1 yard line, runs into each other and knocks it into the end zone for a touchback. xsmhx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2021, 06:42 PM
What an awesome punt then a poor job of just downing it...got greedy or lazy....

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 06:45 PM
Fumble! JSU gets it!

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2021, 06:48 PM
I was wondering what penalty JSU could have done on a kickoff that went out the back of the end zone. xlolx

I dont know but aint nobody arguing with that Ref, he is buffed

Professor
September 1st, 2021, 06:59 PM

When is he out of eligibility , seems like he's been there forever

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 07:07 PM
UAB is giving JSU 5 yarders...take em!

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 07:09 PM
FALSE START...again on JSU...dudes...seriously...

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 07:12 PM
End of 1, still scoreless. This game feels like it hasn't even started yet. Both teams still in pre-game mode.

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 07:19 PM
Nice stand on D, JSU!

Bison56
September 1st, 2021, 07:25 PM
Same old JSU.

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 07:37 PM
UCA coaches take note: JSU weak on crossing pass patterns and long ball.

Hint: throw the ball

They won’t listen. xlolx

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 07:40 PM
JSU is dropping a safety in the box to shut down UAB's zone run leaving #14 all alone over the top. It isn't working.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2021, 07:51 PM
Uh oh...danger zone for the Gamecocks before half....

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 07:57 PM
JSU dodges a bullet after the blocked punt, only gives up a FG. Down 10-0 late in the 2nd

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 08:06 PM
Halftime. UAB's offense seems stuck in 2nd gear and part of that has to be credited to the JSU D. On offense though, we haven't seen JSU's offensive gameplan yet because they keep getting knocked off schedule with penalties. They have five possessions and five procedure penalties.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 08:13 PM
This team has 6-5 written all over it.

If Grass gets extended Seitz should lose his job. Full stop. This is embarrassing.

And y'all thought I was sandbagging...

grayghost06
September 1st, 2021, 08:19 PM
JSU dodges a bullet after the blocked punt, only gives up a FG. Down 10-0 late in the 2nd

UAB almost had a block earlier. UAB's not merely beating their man-they're sprinting through gaping holes on those punts.

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 08:22 PM
This team has 6-5 written all over it....

And y'all thought I was sandbagging...

I'm starting to see it. After September, there's a lot of what looks like 50-50 games for you guys.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2021, 08:27 PM
Whelp, Jacksonville State showed well for 30 minutes....

Honestly, not sure how much you can take from a game like this. UAB is in all likelihood a "competent" FBS team at worst and JSU has shown some positives. If nothing else, they're on ESPN on a night when the Northeast is dealing with Ida. Good visibility...

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 08:31 PM
Whelp, Jacksonville State showed well for 30 minutes....

Honestly, not sure how much you can take from a game like this. UAB is in all likelihood a "competent" FBS team at worst and JSU has shown some positives. If nothing else, they're on ESPN on a night when the Northeast is dealing with Ida. Good visibility...

You can take a lot. JSU is their sloppy ass selves with a coach who has the coaching aptitude of a slightly damp wash cloth.

My 6-5 prediction is based off dropping one game between UNA, SFA, and Kennesaw. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to drop 2 of them or even get swept at this point.

This team has no chance at the playoffs.

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 08:51 PM
UAB turns it over again but more bad throws from Cooper and another procedure penalty. Yeesh.

Daytripper
September 1st, 2021, 09:00 PM
Nice throw there by Cooper.

Daytripper
September 1st, 2021, 09:05 PM
Yuck..

- - - Updated - - -

Weak call. It's a block.

paward
September 1st, 2021, 09:09 PM
I am just happy to be watching the game with fans.

Daytripper
September 1st, 2021, 09:14 PM
JSU defense looks athletic.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 09:21 PM
JSU defense looks athletic.

If by athletic you mean they are really good at trying to chase down UABs receivers after blowing coverages, then sure. You could say they look athletic.

KPSUL
September 1st, 2021, 09:22 PM
Anyone else getting tired of hearing the color commentator describing JSU QB Cooper as having "next level talent"?

Daytripper
September 1st, 2021, 09:25 PM
If by athletic you mean they are really good at trying to chase down UABs receivers after blowing coverages, then sure. You could say they look athletic.

Just trying to find positives. Not everybody can be Alabama. JSU players seem to be playing hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else getting tired of hearing the color commentator describing JSU QB Cooper as having "next level talent"?

Uh, yeah.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 09:26 PM

Cooper would honestly be a really good QB if he was anywhere but here. He's got the physical tools but Grass just thinks because he played at Clemson that if we pretend we like to run the ball then throw 40 times a game that we will catch someone off guard.

Also our receivers aren't great. They're pretty much all new.

Bison56
September 1st, 2021, 09:27 PM

Yes

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2021, 09:28 PM
Just trying to find positives. Not everybody can be Alabama. JSU players seem to be playing hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, yeah.

I don't care to be Alabama. I'd settle for looking like a decently coached and somewhat disciplined football team on ESPN.

Daytripper
September 1st, 2021, 09:30 PM
Another weak personal foul call.

Daytripper
September 1st, 2021, 09:37 PM
WTF are the announcers talking about? How couples met?

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 09:38 PM
WTF are the announces talking about? How couples met?

They're just killing time at this point. Game's been over since the 2nd quarter.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2021, 09:51 PM
FBS is getting ready to run the table this weekend

bonarae
September 1st, 2021, 09:58 PM
FBS is getting ready to run the table this weekend

When do you think our first scalp will be? Friday or Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
September 1st, 2021, 10:02 PM

When’s Alabama play Mercer? Whenever it is that’ll be the first one.

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2021, 10:06 PM

I'm saying we might not get one this week

Libertine
September 1st, 2021, 10:09 PM

Thursday late. Eastern Washington over UNLV.

Cocky
September 2nd, 2021, 06:22 AM
Going to be a long miserable year for the Ole Gamecocks.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 07:48 AM
FBS is getting ready to run the table this weekendSDSU has a real chance at beating Colorado State, outside chance for South Dakota to beat Kansas, Holy Cross over UConn??, Montana State over Wyoming, stranger things have happened. EWU could beat UNLV

Chalupa Batman
September 2nd, 2021, 08:19 AM
SDSU has a real chance at beating Colorado State, outside chance for South Dakota to beat Kansas, Holy Cross over UConn??, Montana State over Wyoming, stranger things have happened. EWU could beat UNLV

I would actually be pretty surprised if EWU loses to UNLV, the Rebels are really terrible. SDSU I heard is a 3 point favorite over CSU, that one is probably a tossup.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 08:27 AM
I would actually be pretty surprised if EWU loses to UNLV, the Rebels are really terrible. SDSU I heard is a 3 point favorite over CSU, that one is probably a tossup.
I am real interested in the QB situation at SDSU, they are starting this transfer, both their #1 and #2 QB's are hurt.

SU DOG
September 2nd, 2021, 11:31 AM
I am real interested in the QB situation at SDSU, they are starting this transfer, both their #1 and #2 QB's are hurt.

That Samford transfer can be an awesome threat with both his arm and his feet. They have gotten a good one in Chris Oladokun.

Chalupa Batman
September 2nd, 2021, 12:17 PM
That Samford transfer can be an awesome threat with both his arm and his feet. They have gotten a good one in Chris Oladokun.

I've heard a Russell Wilson comp with him. A little undersized (5'11" I believe), can run but he scrambles looking to throw first before tucking it and going downfield. And a pretty good thrower too.

CockyGeek
September 2nd, 2021, 12:37 PM
Schools should refuse to do business with the Cramton Bowl going forward. Terrible traffic control, terrible parking, terrible restrooms and concessions. It makes Legion Field look like JerryWorld.

SU DOG
September 2nd, 2021, 01:07 PM
I've heard a Russell Wilson comp with him. A little undersized (5'11" I believe), can run but he scrambles looking to throw first before tucking it and going downfield. And a pretty good thrower too.

Incorrect on his height. He is actually 6-2, 195, on our Spring roster. I checked the South Florida roster, and he was also listed at 6' 2". Our current QB is probably a little bit better as a pocket passer, which Hatcher likes. I don't know a thing about the two SDSU injured guys, but Chris put into the right system, should be terrific.

SU DOG
September 2nd, 2021, 01:11 PM
Sorry for the highjacked thread Cocky, but I just had to respond to the previous posts.

Cocky
September 2nd, 2021, 01:22 PM
Schools should refuse to do business with the Cramton Bowl going forward. Terrible traffic control, terrible parking, terrible restrooms and concessions. It makes Legion Field look like JerryWorld.

And terrible play by the Gamecocks. Maybe we deserve Montgomery.

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2021, 01:26 PM
And terrible play by the Gamecocks. Maybe we deserve Montgomery.

Idea:

JSU releases Grass so he can start a new football team in Montgomery that has its home games at the Crapton Bowl.

We'd be helping him and Montgomery.

(I know Alabama State is in Montgomery as well but they don't deserve to have Grass dissapoint them, they're better than that)

MTfan4life
September 3rd, 2021, 03:19 AM
I'm saying we might not get one this week

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HospitableThinDunlin-size_restricted.gif

:D