PDA

View Full Version : How is your team health wise? some bad luck for Monmouth

MUHAWKS
August 31st, 2021, 12:37 PM
Was wondering if there are any team with significant injuries? How are your squad's health wise?

We had some bad news with starting LB and 1st team all conf (leading tackler) Da'quann Grimes out for the year and starting RT and 1st team all conf Justin Szuba also out for the year. Another starter on D will be out for a few weeks as well. We have managed to stay relatively healthy for the last few years so the timing sucks based on our expectations. Def not a dealbreaker but the LB position was already a tad thin after solid performer Dejuan Cooper left for SD State. We will see how they respond to the adversity.. I am hopeful but these are real good players and 5th years guys..

ElCid
August 31st, 2021, 12:42 PM
We had a grad student transfer running back, from VMI, break his leg. I heard our starting BBack broke an arm. Don't have a lot of details. Good news is we are flush with running backs.

Professor
August 31st, 2021, 12:53 PM
Was wondering if there are any team with significant injuries? How are your squad's health wise?

We had some bad news with starting LB and 1st team all conf (leading tackler) Da'quann Grimes out for the year and starting RT and 1st team all conf Justin Szuba also out for the year. Another starter on D will be out for a few weeks as well. We have managed to stay relatively healthy for the last few years so the timing sucks based on our expectations. Def not a dealbreaker but the LB position was already a tad thin after solid performer Dejuan Cooper left for SD State. We will see how they respond to the adversity.. I am hopeful but these are real good players and 5th years guys..

Do you think the spring contributed to the injury

MUHAWKS
August 31st, 2021, 01:05 PM
Do you think the spring contributed to the injury

That is a great question. But I do not think so. Who knows? Now you have me thinking!! Would like to think 4 games in march/april and no regular spring ball was not the factor but each individual body is different.. It is harsh to have 3 starters out before the season starts and this has been rare for us over the years.

MUHAWKS
August 31st, 2021, 01:07 PM
We had a grad student transfer running back, from VMI, break his leg. I heard our starting BBack broke an arm. Don't have a lot of details. Good news is we are flush with running backs.

sucks for the kid-- good you have depth. BIG ONE for you guys this week.. do you assign any real chance? I dont mean that in a bad way I am just not intimate with your program.

ElCid
August 31st, 2021, 03:45 PM
sucks for the kid-- good you have depth. BIG ONE for you guys this week.. do you assign any real chance? I dont mean that in a bad way I am just not intimate with your program.

Yeah, we have a full stable of backs. He has never played a down since he opted out in the fall/spring. I'm not sure what our chances are. Is CCU as good as their ranking? I don't think so, but they are pretty good. If our passing game has zero improvement, then no, we are toast. If it has improved, and we keep them off balance, then we got a shot. At least it is a short road trip up Highway 17.

Go Green
September 1st, 2021, 05:02 AM
New Hampshire lost their QB1.

UNH starting QB is now sophomore Bret Edwards (wmur.com) (https://www.wmur.com/article/sophomore-bret-edwards-unh-starting-qb/37442634#)

BEAR
September 1st, 2021, 08:14 AM
For UCA, I saw one player in a boot but on the vaccine note UCA just released that 100% of its players are vaccinated. xthumbsupx (by choice)

Blue Waves Crest
September 3rd, 2021, 01:14 PM
That is a great question. But I do not think so. Who knows? Now you have me thinking!! Would like to think 4 games in march/april and no regular spring ball was not the factor but each individual body is different.. It is harsh to have 3 starters out before the season starts and this has been rare for us over the years.

How much more strenuous was their 2020 spring season than a typical season’s spring ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JALMOND
September 3rd, 2021, 01:21 PM
Rumor has it that Portland State's DC, Saadat, was not on the plane to Hawaii yesterday. No one has been able to confirm or deny this, however (nor as to why).

kdinva
September 3rd, 2021, 01:22 PM
Nothing major for VMI. The #4 QB left school, as did a Freshman WR who may have made the travel squad. VMI still with 12 receivers on roster, 4 QBs.