PDA

View Full Version : Coach Prime is Ready for UAB

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2021, 12:19 PM
Thanks to Cockygeek on WeAreJaxState for posting this gem of an article.

https://www.maxim.com/sports/in-case-you-missed-it-deion-sanders-is-coaching-college-football-now

You know. I don't mind people confusing us with Jackson State or thinking we are in Florida. It happens. We aren't a big school and no one outside of Alabama has any idea there's a Jacksonville in Alabama.

But this ****ing idiot took so many ceiling fan blades to the head as an infant that he put "Jacksonville State (sometimes called Jackson State)” in actual words along with compiling information from two different sources and published it. He even called the team the Gamecocks in the article while the photo caption says the Tigers.

Wow.

SU DOG
August 31st, 2021, 12:36 PM
That is just unbelievable. It is so pathetic that it is funny, but so funny it is pathetic. Guy should be immediately dismissed.

OhioHen
August 31st, 2021, 01:12 PM
Consider the source. Most readers don't generally look at Maxim for the sports articles.

dgtw
August 31st, 2021, 01:22 PM
Consider the source. Most readers don't generally look at Maxim for the sports articles.

People don’t generally look at Playboy for the articles but their editor still demands quality work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libertine
August 31st, 2021, 01:28 PM
People don’t generally look at Playboy for the articles but their editor still demands quality work.

Does he? I mean, how do you know that for sure? ;)

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2021, 01:28 PM

True. I did look up the guy on Twitter and he lists himself as a "Senior NBA Columnist" and a "Lifelong Journalist".

But regardless of the source or the guys resume, it shouldn't be difficult to pull up one Wikipedia page. The guy obviously noticed his article contradicted itself because he took the time to make up the idea that Jacksonville State is sometimes called Jackson State.

Sure it's not a source well credited for it's sports articles but the bar isn't even high. You could argue the bar is merely laying on the ground and this guy still screwed it up.

Edit: another poster on the JSU board went and googled the guy. He spent 18 years covering sports for the Associated Press and he's worked for ESPN. He should absolutely have known better.

Bisonator
August 31st, 2021, 02:28 PM
True. I did look up the guy on Twitter and he lists himself as a "Senior NBA Columnist" and a "Lifelong Journalist".

But regardless of the source or the guys resume, it shouldn't be difficult to pull up one Wikipedia page. The guy obviously noticed his article contradicted itself because he took the time to make up the idea that Jacksonville State is sometimes called Jackson State.

Sure it's not a source well credited for it's sports articles but the bar isn't even high. You could argue the bar is merely laying on the ground and this guy still screwed it up.

Edit: another poster on the JSU board went and googled the guy. He spent 18 years covering sports for the Associated Press and he's worked for ESPN. He should absolutely have known better.
Agreed I mean this says it all:
Jacksonville State (sometimes called Jackson State) has not earned a winning percentage over .500 since its 2013 season

That was the really funny part. Guy obviously didn't do any research. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2021, 03:06 PM
Turns out Maxim took down the article.

Lul.

katss07
August 31st, 2021, 03:41 PM
We bullied him into deleting his Twitter post about it

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2021, 03:42 PM

Good work, team!

Daytripper
August 31st, 2021, 03:53 PM

It's called accountability. Obviously, his editors didn't do their job....so we did it.

Cocky
August 31st, 2021, 04:01 PM
Damn cancel culture

ASU33
August 31st, 2021, 05:16 PM
How does something like this ever get posted? Sheesh!

SDFS
August 31st, 2021, 07:18 PM
Really - you asking why is crap journalism posted?