PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: UIW at YSU Thursday night

ysubigred
August 30th, 2021, 07:21 AM
Well what do you all have?

UIW is all offense and the only thing good at YSU from the spring was a decent defense..

Somethings got to give!

6-4 4 OT's! :D

Paladin1aa
August 30th, 2021, 08:24 AM
YSU posted their game notes yesterday. A review brought a chuckle. Starters and two deep reveal the dismal season ahead. Laughable they posted no starter at QB. Here’s why - the expected starter is a Frosh who stood out from the others in Fall camp. They have a senior QB who was the backup last Spring but he has graduated and not assured he will stay if not starting. Last Springs starter is now listed as an H back and rumored to be used only as a Wildcat QB. In addition to this comedy, my evaluation for YSUs D is as follows....

DL - below average. Will have trouble on pass rush and controlling the run
LBs - average, but depth is a question mark. Should be effective on run control but pass D skills questionable.
DBs - above average coverage skills and solid run support. There is some depth here. But without an effective pass rush from the line, can they maintain coverage ?

My outlook is a tossup game. However UIW has the superior QB & pass game. YSU the superior run game. It will boil down to the Ds. If UIW has an effective run game, it could be a long game for YSU. Also, beyond RB McLaughlin, YSU is woefully thin at RB. If he gets hurt, the season is over for YSU.

I see a 2 win season for YSU.. This game, Western Ill. And Indiana St are best shots for a win. UIW is a .500 or better team on the season in the Southland.

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2021, 08:47 AM
Interesting game

Cameron Ward is talented enough to play at most FBS schools but Youngstown might be able to score at will with the off tackle play, the RB, I M Forgetful, is an all American type back

ysubigred
August 30th, 2021, 01:36 PM
YSU is going to be a big question mark.. Hell the Y-town media and SID isn't excited enough to promote this game xshakingmadx

Daytripper
August 30th, 2021, 01:45 PM
I predict it will be a high scoring game. Other than that, I have no clue.

ysubigred
August 30th, 2021, 02:13 PM
I predict it will be a high scoring game. Other than that, I have no clue.I'm thinking YSUs D can keep UIW under 21. Our O may not get to 21...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

POD Knows
August 30th, 2021, 06:14 PM
I'm thinking YSUs D can keep UIW under 21. Our O may not get to 21...

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkLast 4 games of last year, UIW gave up and average of 53 PPG, I don't think they made a tackle in 4 games. I watched the Nichols game and it was the single worst performance by a defense in any game I have ever seen. Zero heart, zero effort. Get up on these guys, hit them a couple times and they will fold big time.

katss07
August 30th, 2021, 06:58 PM
This really shouldn’t be close at all. UIW was in the Top 25 much of last year, Cam Ward’s was a top 10 quarterback as a freshman (he’ll only get better) and he’s got plenty of weapons. Kevin Brown led the FCS with 10.5 ypc last year and I’d argue he was far and away the best RB Sam faced until the title game. Better than Gums. Better than Ellison and Jones.

If this game is within 20 I’d be shocked.

Daytripper
August 30th, 2021, 08:11 PM
This really shouldn’t be close at all. UIW was in the Top 25 much of last year, Cam Ward’s was a top 10 quarterback as a freshman (he’ll only get better) and he’s got plenty of weapons. Kevin Brown led the FCS with 10.5 ypc last year and I’d argue he was far and away the best RB Sam faced until the title game. Better than Gums. Better than Ellison and Jones.

Whoever scores last wins. POD Knows is right...UIW can't stop anybody.

katss07
August 30th, 2021, 09:37 PM
Whoever scores last wins. POD Knows is right...UIW can't stop anybody.
No chance. UIW was getting into “last team to score wins” kind of games with Southeastern Louisiana last year. And winning. They’re not losing to damn Youngstown and it won’t be close. I truly believe if both of their starting safeties hadn’t gone down they would’ve beat NWST and made the playoffs. They’ve got three all conference DBs/LBs who were underclassmen last year. They’re going to be improved across the board. 56-17 Cardinals.

caribbeanhen
August 30th, 2021, 09:40 PM
Last 4 games of last year, UIW gave up and average of 53 PPG, I don't think they made a tackle in 4 games. I watched the Nichols game and it was the single worst performance by a defense in any game I have ever seen. Zero heart, zero effort. Get up on these guys, hit them a couple times and they will fold big time.

Didn't you just pick Incarnate Word to win this game on some other thread? Lol

ysubigred
August 30th, 2021, 10:02 PM
No chance. UIW was getting into “last team to score wins” kind of games with Southeastern Louisiana last year. And winning. They’re not losing to damn Youngstown and it won’t be close. I truly believe if both of their starting safeties hadn’t gone down they would’ve beat NWST and made the playoffs. They’ve got three all conference DBs/LBs who were underclassmen last year. They’re going to be improved across the board. 56-17 Cardinals.I'm hoping YSUs D is better than 56 to UIW? Also YSU won't score 17.. FG kicker is not to stellar, either 14 or 21 lol..

BeamMeUp
August 30th, 2021, 10:09 PM
Safe travels to UIW coming up to Youngstown. Crickets on the YSU fan forum page about this game xcoffeex Looking back on the spring season, the defense gave some teams fits (think the two teams from South Dakota). The offense lacked many big plays at all. They were at their best when they ate up clock and drove the field 75 yards for a TD. Unfortunately asking your inexperienced offense to do that all the time is unsustainable.

lionsrking2
August 30th, 2021, 10:44 PM
No chance. UIW was getting into “last team to score wins” kind of games with Southeastern Louisiana last year. And winning. They’re not losing to damn Youngstown and it won’t be close. I truly believe if both of their starting safeties hadn’t gone down they would’ve beat NWST and made the playoffs. They’ve got three all conference DBs/LBs who were underclassmen last year. They’re going to be improved across the
board. 56-17 Cardinals.
We had 9 starters out against UIW last year. That said, I think UIW will score a bunch on Youngstown and have several FBS transfers who should help them on defense. I'm thinking 45-28ish UIW.

POD Knows
August 31st, 2021, 08:28 AM
Didn't you just pick Incarnate Word to win this game on some other thread? LolStrategery xlolx, actually, I might exercise Option 4 in that other poll. I was mostly trolling the YSU guys but I am not that enamored with UIW, I saw two games of theirs last year and they got boat raced in both games, I thought they were the softest team I have ever seen. I might stick with my pick on the survivor deal, still thinking about it.

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2021, 08:35 AM
Strategery xlolx, actually, I might exercise Option 4 in that other poll. I was mostly trolling the YSU guys but I am not that enamored with UIW, I saw two games of theirs last year and they got boat raced in both games, I thought they were the softest team I have ever seen. I might stick with my pick on the survivor deal, still thinking about it.

Yea, I saw the same in IW and that’s why I mentioned The old off tackle play with stud running back is good for 35 points for the Penguinos

Paladin1aa
August 31st, 2021, 08:59 AM
Yea, I saw the same in IW and that’s why I mentioned The old off tackle play with stud running back is good for 35 points for the Penguinos

Unfortunately there are no stud RBs. We only have one real RB and he is 175 lbs . Can’t afford to run him off tackle and get him hurt. The season is over if that happens.

Havent made my picks yet, but I’ll flip a coin soon.

POD Knows
August 31st, 2021, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately there are no stud RBs. We only have one real RB and he is 175 lbs . Can’t afford to run him off tackle and get him hurt. The season is over if that happens.

Havent made my picks yet, but I’ll flip a coin soon.The only way that RB would get hurt against UIW is if he tripped over a line on the field and blew out a knee or an UIW defensive player rolled up on him after being put on his ass by a YSU lineman. :D

Paladin1aa
August 31st, 2021, 11:17 AM
The only way that RB would get hurt against UIW is if he tripped over a line on the field and blew out a knee or an UIW defensive player rolled up on him after being put on his ass by a YSU lineman. :D

Don’t think it will come down to YSU RB being the difference. I’m picking YSU. That’s because the secondary is the strongest part of the team. Seen film on UIWs QB and the the kid is good, slinging it all over the field, quick receivers,etc. YSU should get some pressure on him, have good coverage and look for incompletions,turnovers and INTs to slow the Cards down. YSU will use ball control to keep UIW O off the field. Key to the game is YSUs D. If they play to their ability, they win. If not, UIW gets a W.

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2021, 11:20 AM

Havent made my picks yet, but I’ll flip a coin soon.

your RB is a stud but I know he’s not big

IW defense last spring was horrid, therefore my joke about the off tackle play working all night

Paladin1aa
August 31st, 2021, 12:00 PM
your RB is a stud but I know he’s not big

IW defense last spring was horrid, therefore my joke about the off tackle play working all night

McLaughlin is a stud but a little stud,lol.

IW does have a poor D and I’m counting on that to keep YSU in the game. I think you will see a Senior start at QB ( to keep him from leaving the team since he already graduated) but be replace by a strong Frosh QB who will run Read Option, QB draws and run off pass action while throwing short plays to backs and TEs. You will see lots of McLaughlin who will get breaks from two lesser backs from last year to keep him rested and healthy. YSU will control the ball on O.

Im just not buying it will be a game of 40 something to 40 something.

BeamMeUp
August 31st, 2021, 07:25 PM
When dwelling back on last season, YSU's defense gave up 21.9 per game, including holding national runner-up SDSU to just 19 in Brookings in a game SDSU won in the closing seconds with a FG 19-17.

YSU had a poor offense last year, but their defense, although lacking many playmakers, seemed to gel nicely.

I see the winner having at most 28 points.

lionsrking2
August 31st, 2021, 08:06 PM
When dwelling back on last season, YSU's defense gave up 21.9 per game, including holding national runner-up SDSU to just 19 in Brookings in a game SDSU won in the closing seconds with a FG 19-17.

YSU had a poor offense last year, but their defense, although lacking many playmakers, seemed to gel nicely.

I see the winner having at most 28 points.

UIW may have 28 points by halftime.

Paladin1aa
August 31st, 2021, 09:02 PM
IW released game info. Interesting to note their receivers are small jitterbug types with one starter over 6’. Same for their secondary - all little short guys. There is going to be a lot of physical mismatches. YSU has tall DBs and receivers.

IW runs a hurry up O, and shoots for 100 offensive plays a game. We have seen those types of O before at YSU and generally have done very well against those systems. This game reminds me of a duel , among others ,with Air McNair where YSU destroyed a hurry up air attack.

Certainly is setup to be entertaining.

McNeese75
August 31st, 2021, 09:30 PM
IW released game info. Interesting to note their receivers are small jitterbug types with one starter over 6’. Same for their secondary - all little short guys. There is going to be a lot of physical mismatches. YSU has tall DBs and receivers.

IW runs a hurry up O, and shots for 100 offensive plays a game. We have seen those types of O before at YSU and generally have done very well against those systems. This game reminds me of a duel , among others ,with Air McNair where YSU destroyed a hurry up air attack.

Certainly is setup to be entertaining.

#83 for IW is a graduate transfer from McNeese. Not real big, great routes and decent speed. He will catch pretty much anything he can touch and made a lot of big plays for the Cowboys. It will be interesting to see how he does at IW.

ysubigred
August 31st, 2021, 09:45 PM
Hype video [emoji41] https://twitter.com/ysufootball/status/1432841882233720835?s=20

Paladin1aa
September 1st, 2021, 10:00 AM
YSUs lineup includes 2 new transfer WRs. One is a tall former Kentucky player who played and had good stats. He has 2 yrs remaining. The other is a grad transfer from Lehigh, a former 2 time All - Patriot League WR. Rumor is YSU will start the Frosh QB who was head and shoulders better than the senior. Given IW size,I see YSU also throwing to Ogletree, a 6’7 transfer TE.

Weather should be dry, sunny and 72 degrees. Perfect !

The Yo Show
September 1st, 2021, 10:27 AM
I will say, this game will determine how I feel about the rest of the YSU season. I am thinking this will be a good game not a blowout (I think winner will win by 2 TDs or less), but I am not sure who it will be. I do hope it is the Penguins though :D

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 07:12 AM
Game day!!

UIW fans are quiet.. I guess they let their team do all the talking!!!

Going to be a long day!!!!!!!!!!! 1900 can't get here fast enough xdrunkyx

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 08:37 AM
Red you going to be at the game?

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:08 AM
Red you going to be at the game?

Unfortunately I'm not able to attend. Since my brother passed I have no where to stay. My days of 740 mile round trip in one day is over (getting too old). My plan is to get back home for NDSU. I'm usually at the close in road game here in the valley..

Stop by Just Toyin's TG spot. I believe he'll be fired up and ready to go.. Been a long hard time for him. Mich Penguin will be there also..

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2021, 09:37 AM
Game day!!

UIW hasn't had a program long enough to have developed a fan base -- they're essentially parents and family members of players and students that like football. Doubtful many of them realize AGS exists. They have good players though, and an outstanding coaching staff.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 10:08 AM
UIW hasn't had a program long enough to have developed a fan base -- they're essentially parents and family members of players and students that like football. Doubtful many of them realize AGS exists. They have good players though, and an outstanding coaching staff.

They have a nice campus. Stopped by there the last time I was in San Antonio.. Shouldn't be long till they have a fan base with the excitement they bring to the field..

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 10:11 AM
UIW hasn't had a program long enough to have developed a fan base -- they're essentially parents and family members of players and students that like football. Doubtful many of them realize AGS exists. They have good players though, and an outstanding coaching staff.Yea, that program has came around nicely, NDSU played them back in 2014 and beat them 58-0 or something, they were dog**** back then. Kind of disappointed this game isn't on ESPN+ or something.

McCowboys
September 2nd, 2021, 10:15 AM
Game day!!

As best as I can tell, there has only been one UIW fan who has ever posted on AGS (in the Southland Conference threads), and he seems to have disappeared. I think his handle was SpreadTheWord.
I don't even know if UIW has an active fan board or not.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 10:30 AM
Yea, that program has came around nicely, NDSU played them back in 2014 and beat them 58-0 or something, they were dog**** back then. Kind of disappointed this game isn't on ESPN+ or something.

It's on Plus+..

Incarnate Word vs. Youngstown State (Football) | Watch ESPN (https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=edcdb256-73ed-4638-8e48-53a710a7597c)

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 10:57 AM
It's on Plus+..

Incarnate Word vs. Youngstown State (Football) | Watch ESPN (https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=edcdb256-73ed-4638-8e48-53a710a7597c)Awesome, I had checked the schedule on my ESPN app and didn't see the game. I guess the game was at 1900 in the p.m. :D

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 11:43 AM
Awesome, I had checked the schedule on my ESPN app and didn't see the game. I guess the game was at 1900 in the p.m. :D

I'm clock watching and it's only 1241 xdohx

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 12:29 PM
Ah gotcha Red. I'll be there bringing a pack of penguin fans too 🐧. I have season tickets and live in Akron (end of the month I'm moving into a house in Akron area finally out of the apartment). 5 other fans going with me and my wife and will sit in my extra seats. Here's hoping for a good game.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 12:41 PM
I'm clock watching and it's only 1241 xdohx
Got my evening planned. Gonna grill a little watch the first half of the YSU game. It should be over by halftime. Switch to Chatty and APSU and maybe drink a beer or two

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 12:44 PM
Got my evening planned. Gonna grill a little watch the first half of the YSU game. It should be over by halftime. Switch to Chatty and APSU and maybe drink a beer or two

Halftime score prediction?

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 01:13 PM

The pee and chackanooga!! WTF!

Not sure what you know that I don't but the only it's over by half for YSU is if they're up by 70? Following YSU the last several years half time adjustments are not part of the game here and playing not to lose is a norm with a small lead (SDSU 2021)! If UIW is up by 10 or more at half than it's over also xtwocentsx

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 01:27 PM
Today’s Tribune Chronicle has a nice write up on the game. Doing their usual projections player groups by player groups they rate UIW better at QB,OL and WRs. RBs rated even. They rate YSU far better at D with DL, LBs and secondary better than IW. That matches my outlook as well. They pick YSU to win 34-31. They also list all baseball and college game favorites by Pregame.com Line and the pick there is YSU by 9. Over/under is 61.5

I’ll say YSU wins 35-31 because of lots of passing and plays.

Go Guins

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2021, 01:53 PM
Halftime score prediction?

I'm going 24-10 UIW at the half and 45-27 final.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 03:25 PM
Halftime score prediction?30-7

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 06:16 PM
Guins hold and IW misses short FG. D looks solid.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 06:19 PM
Dodging bullets in Youngstown, goes with the territory.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 06:24 PM
TD YSU. 80 yd drive with TD pass to Kentucky transfer

Guins 7-0

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 06:25 PM
Word with the horrible goal line D. Corner started to blitz and fell down, safety just stood there and watched a Penguin catch a TD pass.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 06:31 PM
YSU hold 3 and out then blocks the punt. YSU in scoring range

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 06:31 PM
I'm going 24-10 UIW at the half and 45-27 final.

Would you like to revise?

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 06:34 PM
Maybe the zebras will keep UIW in the game

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 06:36 PM
TD Crenshaw, the Frosh QB. The azz kicking is underway

YSU 14-0

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 06:37 PM
When was the last time anybody had to punt against UIW, this is a serious question.

Professor Chaos
September 2nd, 2021, 06:38 PM
Looks like UIW's defense is picking up right where it left off last spring.

When was the last time anybody had to punt against UIW, this is a serious question.
YSU hasn't even had a 3rd down yet on their first two drives... and their offense is far from stellar.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 06:39 PM
Maybe the zebras will keep UIW in the gameNot to sound like a homer, but YSU gets hosed by the refs at home..

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 06:47 PM
TD Cards on a run

YSU 14-7

Kick off return to midfield

katss07
September 2nd, 2021, 06:48 PM
It’s comical seeing UIW players try to tackle

McNeese75
September 2nd, 2021, 06:50 PM
Ok. Who the hell is EIW?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 06:51 PM
It’s comical seeing UIW players try to tackle

It looks like they've forgotten they have hands.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 06:52 PM
Not to sound like a homer, but YSU gets hosed by the refs at home..

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkYea, I don't know, I thought that first PI was pretty weak and that hold on the TD was kinda ticky tac, didn't matter anyway. If UIW gets a stop here that will be yuge.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 07:00 PM
FG YSU. Now 17-7

katss07
September 2nd, 2021, 07:05 PM
Touchdown Word!

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 07:05 PM
Wow lots and lots of separation with these UIW receivers and YSU

katss07
September 2nd, 2021, 07:12 PM
Right now

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 07:18 PM
This may be the best match-up of terrible defenses vs mediocre offenses that I've ever seen

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 07:19 PM
Dubya just scored again. IW 21, YSU 17

McNeese75
September 2nd, 2021, 07:20 PM
Cards getting in gear

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 07:22 PM
Now that's the YSU team I've grown to love and know [emoji1785]

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 07:26 PM
McLaughlin with 72 yd TD run.

YSU 24-21

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 07:27 PM

YSU 24-21

Is this a Big Sky game?

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 07:27 PM

YSU 24-21Man he's fast.. frigging D quit!

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 07:29 PM
[FONT=Verdana]

Is this a Big Sky game?

I hope not, lol

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 07:35 PM
YSU s coaching staff playing not to lose. Sickening..

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 07:38 PM
1 minute left and 2 timeouts at midfield and you dont try to score there?

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 07:38 PM
Half time YSU 24-21

YSU gets ball to start 2nd half

Frosh QB Crenshaw looks decent McLaughlin a stud. D needs to make adjustments

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 07:43 PM
Half time YSU 24-21

YSU gets ball to start 2nd half

Frosh QB Crenshaw looks decent McLaughlin a stud. D needs to make adjustments

Pretty good assessment. Crenshaw does look pretty good too. Defense started well did worse and then gave some hope at the end of half. Will have to see how the adjustments go.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 07:51 PM
Crenshaw needs to keep Ogletree, the 6’7 TE in his sight. Good relief valve. Crenshaw is still raw but has good instincts, needs game experience and more freedom to run. He won 2 big school state titles in Ohio when he got to run and throw..

I like throwing to my backs. Short risk free throws. Ball control with run game and short throws.

YSU needs to score coming out and show good D adjustments

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2021, 08:00 PM
Tell your color guy it's UIW not EIW

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 08:03 PM
Tell your color guy it's UIW not EIW

The E is for Euniversity

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 08:09 PM
McLaughlin with 152 yds rushing first half. Crenshaw hits 6 of 7 passes for 45 yds

YSU marching.

McLaughlin TD

YSU 31-21

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:12 PM
Looks like YSU has conceded they can't continue to stop UIW soooo. we're seeing 3 yards and a cloud of dust clock killing drives.

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 08:17 PM
YSU cannot play zone defense

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 08:20 PM
YSU can take that 3 man front on D and flush it down the freaking ****ter, that never, ever works.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:21 PM
YSU cannot play zone defenseThey gave up being aggressive playing zone soft not to get burnt.. uses clock the good news.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 08:24 PM
Missed xpt.

YSU 31-27

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:24 PM
YSU can take that 3 man front on D and flush it down the freaking ****ter, that never, ever works.We'll be lucky to win two games with this clown show coaching staff.. gave up a scoring chance before half and playing footsie on D..

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 08:26 PM
Dumbazz move. Should have stay in endzone. YSU 95 yds away

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 08:27 PM
Wow, terrible special teams play by YSU

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:28 PM
Dumbazz move. Should have stay in endzone. YSU 95 yds awayThough that jack ass hit the transfer portal?

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 08:30 PM
Conservative run fails. YSU punt. Dumbazz call

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 08:30 PM
They are so freaking predictable on 1st down, they fake that run and leak the TE out, UIW wouldn't have a guy within 20 yards of him. Brutal play calling

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:31 PM
Again the YSU coaching staff needs axed! Stupid ****ers!

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 08:31 PM
Somebody tell that asshat announcer that it is not EIW

katss07
September 2nd, 2021, 08:33 PM
At first I thought it was his accent. But he’s just a dumbass.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:34 PM
They are so freaking predictable on 1st down, they fake that run and leak the TE out, UIW wouldn't have a guy within 20 yards of him. Brutal play callingTo complicated for grade school coaches.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 08:37 PM
Does YSU have a play action pass in the playbook

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 08:38 PM
Does YSU have a pass in the playbook?

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:38 PM
Does YSU have a play action pass in the playbookNo!

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:39 PM
Does YSU have a pass in the playbook?Too hard for mentally challenged coaches to come up with.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 08:45 PM
UIW got hosed there

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 08:47 PM
Review corrected it

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 08:57 PM
What is the point of a fair catch at the 5 yard line, only bad things can happen, there is no real upside.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 08:57 PM
Good lord this YSU coaching staff is AFU! A third grader knows inside the five ball bounces.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 09:02 PM
Well, the play action pass thing didn't work, better keep my day job

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:05 PM
Well, the play action pass thing didn't work, better keep my day jobAs you can see NDSUs band could mop up YSU..

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 09:09 PM
As you can see NDSUs band could mop up YSU..

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkYou guys have decent players but zero imagination on offense.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:11 PM
You guys have decent players but zero imagination on offense.We have a nice football team but these ****ing coaches won't let them play to their potential.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 09:14 PM
Scored too early, he should have fallen down on the 2 yard line.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 09:14 PM
TD Crenshaw.

YSU 38-34

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:15 PM
Scored too early, he should have fallen down on the 2 yard line.Exactly what I was thinking.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 09:16 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkSomebody said the guy with the ball at the end of this game wins,

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 09:26 PM
Stupid, stupid penalties, YSU.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:28 PM
It's a possibility YSU WILL GO 0-10!

SICKENING!

katss07
September 2nd, 2021, 09:29 PM
Quite the clock management here

Chalupa Batman
September 2nd, 2021, 09:30 PM
Holy ****!! Might be looking at OT now

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2021, 09:30 PM
This may be the worst coached game on both sides I've ever seen.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 09:32 PM
Did that just happen, OMFG

Paladin1aa
YSU Fg

41 all

overtime

Libertine
This game won't end.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:33 PM
[emoji3059][emoji7] OT not 6-4 [emoji1787]

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:34 PM
This may be the worst coached game on both sides I've ever seen.Yup..

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:38 PM
#gritcity [emoji56]

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 09:38 PM
OMG, 4 and 25 and a QB scramble and they almost get it, beam me the **** up

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:39 PM
Fumbleeeeeee!!

Libertine
September 2nd, 2021, 09:39 PM
Worst. 4th down. Sequence. Ever.

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2021, 09:40 PM
UIW gonna UIW. Only thing they're good for is beating us.

- - - Updated - - -

Stunningly bad coaching

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:43 PM
FG BABY...

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 09:44 PM
YSU wins on FG in OT, 44-41

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:44 PM
Winnnnnnnnnnn!

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 09:45 PM
Wow, well, yea. Nice OOC win for the MVFC

Chalupa Batman
September 2nd, 2021, 09:46 PM
FG BABY...

I would've lost a bet on that FG try lol

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 09:51 PM
I would've lost a bet on that FG try lolYou wouldn't believe how impressed I am with our FG kicker. I nicknamed him 50/50 the last few years..

Daytripper
September 2nd, 2021, 09:51 PM
Congrats to YSU. Honestly, I didn't see that coming.

BeamMeUp
September 2nd, 2021, 09:54 PM
OMG, 4 and 25 and a QB scramble and they almost get it, beam me the **** up

BEAMMEUP

Go YSU!

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2021, 09:55 PM

check your pulse

Chalupa Batman
September 2nd, 2021, 09:56 PM
You wouldn't believe how impressed I am with our FG kicker. I nicknamed him 50/50 the last few years..

It didn't have anything to do with how good your kicker is, just figured the game was destined to never end so he'd miss it.

Very nice win.

JacksFan40
September 2nd, 2021, 09:59 PM
check your pulse
He’s most definitely dead if he thought UIW winning by less than 20 would be shocking.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 10:00 PM
check your pulseLol. I'm still figuring out WTF happened? Our coaches just need to let the kids play and quit trying to coach it up. They neutered the D for 3 qtrs and used 3 plays out of the playbook for O for 3 1/2 qtrs!

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 10:01 PM
It didn't have anything to do with how good your kicker is, just figured the game was destined to never end so he'd miss it.

Very nice win.Nope CBM you're YSUs new #Bookit [emoji56]

Chalupa Batman
September 2nd, 2021, 10:03 PM
Nope CBM you're YSUs new #Bookit [emoji56]

You’re just lucky POD changed his pick in the survivor pool.

Paladin1aa
September 2nd, 2021, 10:04 PM
McLaughlin with 242 yds rushing & 2 TDs.

Mich St. up next. A little reality, lol

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2021, 10:04 PM
Lol. I'm still figuring out WTF happened? Our coaches just need to let the kids play and quit trying to coach it up. They neutered the D for 3 qtrs and used 3 plays out of the playbook for O for 3 1/2 qtrs!

saw bits and pieces of the game, very fun game to watch..... most people had this game right ..... a coin flip

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 10:07 PM
McLaughlin with 242 yds rushing & 2 TDs.

Mich St. up next. A little reality, lolDon't think we'll see OT in this one..

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 10:08 PM
Nope CBM you're YSUs new #Bookit [emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkYou realize that I changed my pick from you guys in that survivor deal to somebody else. You owe me big time.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 10:09 PM
saw bits and pieces of the game, very fun game to watch..... most people had this game right ..... a coin flipYep, UIW D is going to keep a lot of teams in a lot of games but their offense is really good.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 10:10 PM
You realize that I changed my pick from you guys in that survivor deal to somebody else. You owe me big time.POD #BookitII ?

[emoji3060]

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 10:17 PM
Yep, UIW D is going to keep a lot of teams in a lot of games but their offense is really good.That was something to see.. UIW has something to be proud of. I'd never thought YSU would give up that many points.. our damn coaches and their soft call zone just made them look that much better.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2021, 10:37 PM
You’re just lucky POD changed his pick in the survivor pool.See, this guy gets it, I better never have to buy a drink in Youngstown.

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2021, 10:42 PM
See, this guy gets it, I better never have to buy a drink in Youngstown.#Bookit [emoji106] or Louisville [emoji3060]

The Yo Show
September 2nd, 2021, 11:45 PM
See, this guy gets it, I better never have to buy a drink in Youngstown.

You coming to Youngstown for the NDSU game this year?

McCowboys
September 3rd, 2021, 06:04 AM

I thought my hearing was going bad. So I'm not the only one who heard him say that more than once!

POD Knows
September 3rd, 2021, 08:22 AM
You coming to Youngstown for the NDSU game this year?I would like to, I will have to see. I have never been to an away game there.

Paladin1aa
September 3rd, 2021, 10:08 AM
After sleeping on it , a few thoughts -

YSU D needs to trust their D and get out of zone. They played and rotated a ton of guys. Stick with your best line up and give breathers only when needed. Played too many weaklings.

Will you pass the damn ball. McLaughlin is a stud but at 175 needs a few breaks and IW loaded the box as others will do. If he goes down , the season is over.

Good win but IW isn’t the MVFC. Reality is there are far tougher games coming. I IDed 3 games YSU has chance to win 2 games this season. IW was one of those. Indy St and WIU are the others.

Need to throw more to Ogletree as a relief valve. He caught 2 early passes, then they ignored him, forcing it to the WRs. Crenshaw is at his best on the run throwing to backs or TE instead of airing it out deep. Use the talent and don’t be stupid.

IW will win a lot of games where their league plays no D. The QB is top notch but coach is an air head.

BeamMeUp
September 3rd, 2021, 07:20 PM
Needed some time to digest this contest. I agree a lot with Paladin's comments.

-Offense - I get that Crenshaw is new, but at some point the OC needs to stop with the ultra conservative play calling and let the QB throw the ball down field. The coaching staffs in the MVFC will be salivating if we keep up with this playcalling. For instance, if one of our backs gets 7 yards on first down, why not take a shot down field and give the QB some reps throwing the ball!? Also the QB run with 30 seconds left!?!?!?

-Defense - I was not overly thrilled with their performance, but after dwelling on it some more, I have to say that was one of the top offenses I've seen come to Stambaugh. The QB... outstanding, the receivers were great, and the RB's were impressive as well. Against a more traditional offense, especially if they narrow down a core of starters and backups and not rotate so much as Paladin stated, they should improve.

Special teams - Outstanding kicking. Only weakness was Pearson's miscue returning a kickoff that led to horrible field position and ultimately a UIW short field TD.

Overall just happy with the win, but they have plenty of room to improve. Appreciate the grittiness and will to find a way to win. I've seen too many YSU teams quit and it was refreshing to see one come away with a scrappy win.

Puddin Tane
September 3rd, 2021, 07:47 PM
Was trying to follow this game on my phone ( yes, our offense is that boring at LU). Phone died.

could someone tell me what the hell happened in the last 2 minutes? Did uiw go for it on 4th on their own 25? How did Morris , in the finest impersonation of leach and kingsbury, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

ysubigred
September 3rd, 2021, 08:11 PM
Was trying to follow this game on my phone ( yes, our offense is that boring at LU). Phone died.

could someone tell me what the hell happened in the last 2 minutes? Did uiw go for it on 4th on their own 25? How did Morris , in the finest impersonation of leach and kingsbury, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?Well, to be honest YSUs coaching staff made UIWs look like Bill Belichick.. I feel UIWs staff was arrogant and thought YSUs D gave up xtwocentsx. on the 4th on their own 25. A W is a W and I'll take it but "IF" they don't wake up this maybe the only W all year.. The MVFC plays D and YSU won't get away with 8 run right 8 run left 8 up the middle...