PDA

View Full Version : Don't sleep on NAU this year...they'll be good

Jacks76
August 16th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Our defense will be a pleasant surprise and our offense will be a machine churning out yards and points like a supercomputer modeling butterfly flight migration patterns off the coast of Brazil.

Paul

P.S. Okay, that was meant in humor, but give me a supercomputer that can churn out yards and points like NAU will. We will dominate.

laxVik
August 16th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Did you just wake from a nap?

Mountain Panther
August 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Our defense will be a pleasant surprise and our offense will be a machine churning out yards and points like a supercomputer modeling butterfly flight migration patterns off the coast of Brazil.

Paul

P.S. Okay, that was meant in humor, but give me a supercomputer that can churn out yards and points like NAU will. We will dominate.

Oh I thought this thread was going to include a link to a story by a third party reporter saying NAU will be good...not a just one of their fans. :p

89Hen
August 16th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Paul, you can save the Mods here a lot of work by just starting all of your posts on the Smack Board... that's where they all end up anyway. xcoffeex

DuckDuckGriz
August 16th, 2007, 01:16 PM
The Skydome is the only place I've been where it's a tradition for the fans to leave during the 3rd quarter xcoffeex

In all seriousness have you guys even gotten the QB situation nailed down yet?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Paul

Well this sounds good for NAU then. Maybe you guys can get to 7-4 this year.

bandl
August 16th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Paul

Didn't Georgia Southern say the same sort of thing before the 2006 season? Three wins and 8 losses later...xcoffeex ;)

Jacks76
August 16th, 2007, 02:19 PM
All humor aside, NAU will be a surprise this year. I really have good vibes about their defense and pass rush. Their secondary is excellency.

Paul

PSUVikings
August 16th, 2007, 02:31 PM
All humor aside, NAU will be a surprise this year. I really have good vibes about their defense and pass rush. Their secondary is excellency.

Paul

You had an incredible team last season, and still fell well under expectations, I will jump on the NAU bandwagon when they prove something on the field.

AZGrizFan
August 16th, 2007, 02:44 PM

Paul

Yep. That pass rush is "vaunted". Scared away a D-I college quarterback. xsmiley_wix

CrazyCat
August 16th, 2007, 02:56 PM
You had an incredible team last season, and still fell well under expectations, I will jump on the PSU bandwagon when they prove something on the field.

Fixed it.xsmiley_wix

McNeese75
August 16th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Yep. That pass rush is "vaunted". Scared away a D-I college quarterback. xsmiley_wix

Oh, now that's just Wrong!!!! xlolx

ForShizzleGrizzle
August 16th, 2007, 03:03 PM
What conf. is NAU in??? I have never heard of them. Good luck to you guys.

Black Saturday
August 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Paul

Paul, you'll have an idea of how good NAU actually will be in the FCS in '07 by 6:00 PM EST on September 12th at "The Rock." .xeekx

bobbythekidd
August 16th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Didn't Georgia Southern say the same sort of thing before the 2006 season? Three wins and 8 losses later...xcoffeex ;)
I didn't.xwhistlex

TheRock21
August 16th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Paul, you'll have an idea of how good NAU actually will be in the FCS in '07 by 6:00 PM EST on September 12th at "The Rock." .xeekx

Hell, it might be by 4:30 :D

mvemjsunpx
August 16th, 2007, 06:08 PM
You had an incredible team last season, and still fell well under expectations, I will jump on the NAU bandwagon when they prove something on the field.

Actually, NAU was picked by most to be lousy last year.

AggieFinn
August 16th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Anybody who sleeps on any team this year is a damn fool.

james_lawfirm
August 16th, 2007, 08:02 PM

Paul

You say, "All humor aside" and then "Their secondary is excellency" ???

Which is it going to be humor? Or not humor? Maybe da' bunny humor?

Let's just call their secondary "Your Majesty" and have some humor too!

james_lawfirm
August 16th, 2007, 08:04 PM

Maybe even by 3:35 pm.

Jacks76
August 16th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Example of one team sleeping on another:

Northern Arizona 35, #1 McNeese State 3 (2003 playoffs)

Any team can upset any team on a neutral field come playoff time.

Paul

McNeese75
August 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM

Paul

xlolx Do you really think ASU is going to be sleeping in that first game??

GOKATS
August 16th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Paul

As a BSC fan I'll be pulling for you, but the Cats played ASU as good a game as anyone last year and I think you're going to get your butts handed to you on a plate. There is a big difference in how a team starts the season and how it ends, so your '03 analogy just doesn't fit. But, as they say, AGS.

Marcus Garvey
August 16th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Actually, I've been thinking of giving away my tickets to the Arizona-NAU game this year because I'm not thrilled with making the drive to Tucson to watch a laugher. The drive is complicated because every friggin' exit on I-10 that's convenient to UofA is closed through '09!

AZGrizFan
August 17th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Actually, I've been thinking of giving away my tickets to the Arizona-NAU game this year because I'm not thrilled with making the drive to Tucson to watch a laugher. The drive is complicated because every friggin' exit on I-10 that's convenient to UofA is closed through '09!

Really? I'm always up for charity.... xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

AZGrizFan
August 17th, 2007, 10:10 AM

Maybe even by 3:35 pm.

What time does the game start? These guys ain't Gardner-Webb, people. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

NE MT GRIZZ
August 17th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Did you just wake from a nap?

I think it was more like a wet dream:D

Griz0383
August 17th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Sometimes unexplainable and strange events happen early in the season leaving many teams and their fans with a big dumb look on their faces. And for those cocky teams with less than desirable fans, Karma is a Mother @#$@er! GO Griz!

dbackjon
August 17th, 2007, 11:00 AM

Makes two of us :D

SoCon48
August 17th, 2007, 11:04 AM

Paul

Just hope the boys get plenty of rest on the plane ride to Boone, NC. They're gonna a need it!

SoCon48
August 17th, 2007, 11:07 AM
What time does the game start? These guys ain't Gardner-Webb, people. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx
And sure as hell not Michigan either. And not likely even GSU, Furman, or even Citadel or WCU. xeyebrowx

trouthunter
August 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM
As a BSC fan I'll be pulling for you, but the Cats played ASU as good a game as anyone last year and I think you're going to get your butts handed to you on a plate. There is a big difference in how a team starts the season and how it ends, so your '03 analogy just doesn't fit. But, as they say, AGS.

I was totally amazed at how well MSU kept up with during the game with ASU, until that bonehead trick play.

Marcus Garvey
August 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Well, actually I'm on for the NAU game. I'm going with a friend who lives in Tucson. After which, we'll get ***** faced, have his girlfriend pick us up, and then crash at his house!

I have two tickets for the Arizona-New Mexico game that I won't be able to attend on Sept. 15.

SoCon48
August 17th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I was totally amazed at how well MSU kept up with during the game with ASU, until that bonehead trick play.

Unable to sustain more drives hurt MSU badly. 3 for 15 on 3rd/4th down conversions derails any offense.xrulesx

GOKATS
August 17th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................ we're trying to forget about that play.xbawlingx

AZGrizFan
August 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM
And sure as hell not Michigan either. And not likely even GSU, Furman, or even Citadel or WCU. xeyebrowx

just trying to help ASU homers keep things in perspective....they're going to have to do more than just roll the ball out onto the field.....yet that's the impression these three are giving. If that's the belief, you will be unpleasantly surprised. xreadx